3.5

Swiffer Wet Mopping Cloths

3.5

Pros

Cons

Gets down and dirty with dirt and grime!

I have used a Swiffer Sweeper mop for a couple years now and I like it, but what I like better is the refill pads I get to buy for it. They come in some fantasic scents and leave your home smelling like fresh lavender if you choose, or if your like me, I go for the Open Window Fresh scent. Not only do they smell wonderful, but they really get down and dirty with the dirt on your floor. The pads lock in dirt and grime on your floor and leaves it sparkling clean, and fresh. They are soaked with the cleaning solution, so they are able to stay wet, and do the job they are meant to do. There is even a textured scrubbing strip, for those stuck on stains. They have the approval of Good Housekeeping, and has the seal to prove it. these pads are safe for finished wood.

They are easy to remove and throw away. They are also very easy to attach to the Swiffer Sweeper. I love these, and really like that they actually work, and leaves behind such a wonderful fresh scent. Makes my home smell inviting and like a fresh spring day. They are great for smaller to medium sized rooms, for large areas, you may need to use more than one pad.

Swiffer Wet Disposable Cloths: With the Wet-Jet, why bother?

As some of you might know, I was a recent winner of the Proctor & Gamble Swiffer Sweepstakes.  Yes, a treasure chest of Swiffer products was found on my doorstep and of course I've been eager to try them all.

In truth, I've been using Swiffer Products for a long time.  Generally, I like them, however, the **Swiffer Wet Disposable Cloths**, not so much.  To my way of thinking, with the availability of the Swiffer Wet-Jet, the disposable cloths are a giant step backwards.

**Swiffer Wet Disposable Cloths**

For the unfamiliar, the **Swiffer Wet Disposable Cloths**use the same mop assembly as the dry cloths (I like those).  Unlike the dry cloths, these come out of their container sopping wet.  So wet in fact that I have a hard time putting them on the mop without becoming sopping wet myself.  But hey!  That's just me.

My chief disappointment with this product is that it cleans only a very small area before it begins to simply move dirt there from here.  With an entire ground floor of white ceramic tile, I can go through more than a few cloths at a time, even when I cheat and turn them over to use the other side.

For little spills or maybe puppy accidents they're fine, if not excellent.  But, for real cleaning **Swiffer Wet Disposable Cloths** can't really cut it.

I will say though that with the redesign of the Swiffer Mop Head, these cloths perform better than they seemed to a few years back.

My Viewpoint

If you have a lot of hard surface floors to care for I'd recommend you skip this product and go for the Swiffer Wet-Jet.

Swifter Wet Mopping Cloths are so so

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Swiffer Wet Mopping Cloths:

I am still looking for that one cleaner that does it all. Floor cleaning I decided on the Swifter wet mop pads for a quick clean up as they are not all that expensive. However you do need to realize that if you don't already have the mop, you will need to add that expense to go with those cloths. But that’s a different problem. Overall these wet cloths are okay to wipe up a spot here or there and they are supposed to be okay to use on the popular laminate flooring. I would really check that one out before taking a chance on running expensive flooring. I came to the conclusion that these wet cloths are more suited for small jobs, or small spills when you don’t want to drag out the bucket and mop, however now I have to store two sets of mopping supplies which is not a good option as far as I am concerned. The other disadvantage that I found with them: they simply don't cover very much of an area so it takes a lot more of them to do a simple spot cleaning. They are supposed to smell like citrus but I haven't ever smelled any citrus like them. Also I found I needed to empty the trash right away after placing the cloths in them.

They don't make me feel like the floors are clean.

Comments about Swiffer Wet Mopping Cloths:

The scent is ok. It kind of gives me a headache after awhile. They do clean some of the dirt off the floor but you have to change the cloths a couple of times because if you don't, you start to just push the dirt around on the floor. I don't think that they clean that great. It is better than using a mop though since you don't have to wring it out but that's like the best thing about the cloths.

Swiffer Mopping

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Swiffer Wet Mopping Cloths:

I think a great thing about the Swiffer wet mopping cloths are that they can fit onto the same swiffer that I use for my dry sweeping cloths so I can save space not having a separate mop...if this product actually worked! I really wanted to love it but couldn't! I know that I deal with some very messy situations because of my dog and my young son and the swiffer mopping cloths could not hold up to that. They leave streaks and hazy patches all over my wooden floors. And just one swiffer mopping cloth can not make it across all the wooden downstairs floor so having to use multiple refills is not convenient or cheap. I have found that these work better on the smaller tile floor in the bathrooms so that's what I use it for. I do like how lightweight and easily maneuverable the swiffer is but I wigs swiffer would create a mop that worked better with wooden floors. Would recommend the swiffer mopping cloths for smaller areas that are not wood!

Absolute time and back saver.

Comments about Swiffer Wet Mopping Cloths:

In my house we have a large breed dog. He slobbers and is pretty messy with his food. I always get down on my hands and knees to scrub my floors, but with my dog I have to clean my floors every day. I always wanted to buy a swiffer wet jet, but I have heard from other family members that they don't work as well. I have a swiffer sweeper that I LOVE and use a lot for the dust and animal hair in my home. I saw the swiffer wet mopping cloths in the store and thought trying them out wouldn't be a bad idea. I was so shocked how well they cleaned up. They have a scratch pad on one edge so getting stuck on messes was a breeze. It saved me from breaking my back every day to clean my floors. They smell great and hook right on to my sweeper. Since then I have always bought the wet mopping cloths and I recommend them to everyone. You don't really need to spend a lot of money on the wet jet because these do pretty much the same thing. I love these cloths.

Good product for a quick clean up

from TX

Comments about Swiffer Wet Mopping Cloths:

I hate bending over to wring out my old mop so I bought a starter set of Swiffer Wet Mopping Cloths thinking that I could just throw my old mop away and save a lot of time in the process. I was really excited to give it a try and it did a good job at quickly picking up spills and spots. I got a little agitated because the cloth kept popping off the mop, it is not very durable. I did realize that this mopping system is good for quick cleaning but I still need to continue using my old mop for a thorough deep clean. It does come in handy to help clean high walls and ceilings from dust. I do not like having to buy new clothes so often because they are a little expensive. It is easy to use this, my kids enjoy helping me mop now. I just wish that Swiffer could improve the durability of how the cloths stay held on. I would recommend this product, but feel that this will not completely replace a mop.

Great Cleaners

Comments about Swiffer Wet Mopping Cloths:

I recently moved to a townhouse that has hardwood flooring and wanted to try a new product on my floors. I'm used to the standard mop and bucket, add water a little cleaner and wipe it across the floor. I found that to not really help, it looked as though it was smearing the dirt around and Not picking it all up. I went to my local store and decided to try the new Swifter mop kit. It came with the mop and a few sweeping and mopping cloths all for a low price. This product was very easy to use as it glided across the floor picking up things I didn't even see. Not to mention, it left a great smell it had febreeze fragrance. I would defenitely recommend this product!

Convenient but not the best option for mopping

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Swiffer Wet Mopping Cloths:

The traditional mop and bucket isn't fun to use to clean a large floor, at least for most people I know. Usually the same with sweeping. So when I used the swiffer sweeper and it seemed to work well, I decided instead of dragging a heavy bucket around and spending a lot of time cleaning the floor that I would give the swiffer wet jets a try. When I first opened them up, I did notice a nice scent, however, they were dripping all over the place and were more messy than they seemed on TV. They do clean good and is a little easier on the back than having to use a bucket, but I noticed if you have a large area to clean, you end up using 5 wet cloths and they only come with 10 in a box. You end up using half the box for one cleaning. They are not too cheap either. It wouldn't be my first recommendation. I also noticed after the floor was mopped it left a little bit of a greasy residue and when I researched the wipes they have a fair amount of chemicals in it.

Never thought they would work.

Comments about Swiffer Wet Mopping Cloths:

I really never thought that these would work very well, but when getting frustrated with plain mop I finally gave in and tried the Swiffer Wet Mopping Cloths. They worked so well. There was such a difference. Instead of pushing around dirt, it was actually picking it up. These are so much easier than a regular mop as well.

good for quick psychological clean

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Swiffer Wet Mopping Cloths:

my mother, after hearing my father's complaints about her non-daily cleaning of an already clean house, once lounged around all day and, just before he came home, quickly sprayed furniture polish in the air. he walked in the door, took a deep breath, and exclaimed how incredibly clean the house was....the swiffer wet cloths attain similar results, with a little floor polish to boot. they are definitely good for a quick clean of floors, but fail to do a deep down clean. even if they're used every other day, floor grime still builds up (a good mopping with murphy's oil will demonstrate how much grime the swiffer leaves behind) - BUT, i like these for quick cleans before guests come over...who, like my father, inevitably inhale deeply and exclaim about how nice the place looks ;) shhh, it's our secret.

Easy To Use!

from Belmar, NJ

Comments about Swiffer Wet Mopping Cloths:

I really like to use the Swiffer Wet Mopping Cloths, they are very easy to use! I have two dogs so this product comes in handy for cleaning up after my dogs and my family! I also find they also work very well for a quick or even a regular floor cleaning. I gave them four out of five stars because while I do like them for the ease of use I find them to be very pricey! I have tried others to try to save money and I find none can compare to Swiffer.