3.9
Swiffer SweeperVac Cordless Stick Vacuum

Swiffer SweeperVac Cordless Stick Vacuum

3.9

Swiffer Cleans Up Tile and Wood Floors Painlessly

I'm not a fan of floor cleaning but I also know it's one of those many dreaded household tasks that must be done on a regular basis. Sweeping floors with a broom isn't a pleasure, but it has been made easier by this device, **Swiffer Sweep Vac**, a combination broom and vacuum cleaner. **Sweeper Commentary:** Swiffer Vac is a handy product manufactured by our friends at Proctor & Gamble, one of the largest consumer goods companies in the world. Using a broom can often prove to be inefficient for sweeping a room, depending on the size of the room and the size/amount of particles that need to be picked up. This device adds the convenience of a vacuum, making it much faster to clean up a floor than with a broom alone. My favorite part of this small appliance is, of course, the vacuum because it makes sweeping so much easier. Brooms are ok for most purposes, but with Swiffer Vac, there is no bending or stretching. The broom can be used without any strain because it can be used (and the pads and cartridge emptied) while standing in an upright position. I noticed this difference right away. There was no need to bend down and sweep the particles from the kitchen floor into a dustpan. The vacuum gathered up most of the dirt and particles and what it didn't vacuum, the cloth pad picked up via its cling surface. When the vacuum is not in use, it is important to charge it as quickly as possible to make sure it's ready for the next use. The manufacturer recommends using up the charge completely until it is plugged in again, but I don't agree with this recommendation because, if you follow it, there is a good chance the vacuum will completely run out of juice in the middle of a cleaning task. I have found it best to charge it right away, the moment you finish using it, in order to make sure the vacuum is ready to go next time. The fact that this vacuum has to be plugged in and charged periodically isn't a big deal, but it would be nice if it lasted longer on a charge. It takes a long time to charge it completely, but the charge runs out in a relatively short time. From my experience, a full charge is good for only about 15 to 20 minutes of continuous use. I have found that I tend to move faster when I use the Swiffer Vac- faster than I should- because I worry that the charge will run out and I will not be able to finish. I'm the type who likes to finish what I start, so this short run time on a single charge is a little frustrating. There is also the somewhat nasty task of emptying the vacuum cartridge (there is no bag- you just dump it out), but this is a small price to pay for something that offers this level of convenience. The cloth pad of the Swiffer Vac is also very good and it is designed to gather up dirt and dust and not let go. Part of the reason for its efficiency is the V- shaped ridges in the cloth. They are angled so that particles are trapped and don't get away. The cloth pads have to be replaced after several uses and this can get costly. They wear out regardless of whether the vacuum is used or not so there is no choice but to bite the bullet and buy a few boxes of replacement pads.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Overall, my Swiffer Vac has proven to be a valuable investment and I'm happy it has become a part of my household. My new house has more tile and wood floors than any other home I have ever owned and Swiffer Vac has been a welcome addition to the cleaning process.

Swiffer sweep & vac - Weak battery and not for pet owners

The Swiffer Sweep & Vac is probably not worth the money for most. The handle and pole are light, flimsy aluminum tubing. The dust cup is tiny and has one of those fabric inserts that you have to pull the hair off of. It's not very powerful, and the battery does not hold a charge.

I had a house that was entirely tile. I had only planned to use it for touch-ups. That's the best use of this product. If you tried your whole house, you'd end up emptying the dust cup a million times and re-charging it. Also, the dust cup, is exclusively for dust and light particles. If you have pets that shed, the dust cup fills up almost immediately.

It is very maneuverable and gets behind places and under things well. It is quiet.  But it does not live up to its expectations.

cleans good, but not good battery life.

About Me First Time Parent

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Compact

Cons

• Junky Battery
  • Unstable

• Hard Floor Cleaning

Comments about Swiffer SweeperVac Cordless Stick Vacuum:

This swiffer sweeper does a great job at picking up dirt and debre off your hard floors. There however is a downside many people like the idea of cordless conveinence but the battery in this sweeper is rather weak and holdsvery little charge making the cordless cconveinense a inconvenience. This sweeper cleans your floor through too different parts a sweeper and then a dry pick up micro fiber pad that together are ment to pick up all the dust off your hard floors, and it seems to work quite well. This sweeper does suprisinly well picking up pet hair and many smaller debris, and it does not get clogged as easily as you may expect it to. Over all it is a great sweeper and the only downside is the poor performance of the battery.

Can't beat this one!

from Redding, California

About Me Parent of Two or More Children

Pros

• Attractive Design
  • Comfortable
  • Compact
  • Easy to Assemble
  • Sturdy

Comments about Swiffer SweeperVac Cordless Stick Vacuum:

Swiffer has been a leading innovator for making cleaning simpler and more efficient. This takes the cake. I always wondered why someone never created a machine that would vacuum and mop at the same time. Well, Swiffer has done it. I have a small kitchen and 2 small baths so a full-size floor scrubber would be silly. I prefer to vacuum rather than sweep because we have dogs and cats. Hair just flies when you sweep. I love how easy this makes doing the floors. It is light weight and comfortable. It does the job well and it is able to get into tight areas. I recommend this for anyone who has pets or children and needs to do floor each day to keep up. It makes your life much easier.

I love it for linoleum and imitation flooring.

Comments about Swiffer SweeperVac Cordless Stick Vacuum:

I love this Swiffer for linoleum floors we have in the kitchen and bathrooms. Not only does it get in to the material deeper than a mop will, the fact that you can use as much or as little cleaning agent as you choose, allows for a deeper clean as well. I love that you control how much cleaning agent to dispense, by simply pressing down a button when running the mop over the floors. I also like the cleaning wipes, which can collect quite a bit of dust/dirt, prior to having to be switched out. It maneuvers easily and you can move around tight corners, without having to start/stop each turn you make. I also like the fact that it is so light in weight, that you can virtually move around the entire kitchen or bathroom in a matter of minutes, and the floors come out looking brand new.

Maneuverability
      Super light in weight, easy to dispense cleaning agent, and disposable cleaning pads will last for an entire room with each clean up.

Swiffer sweepervac

Comments about Swiffer SweeperVac Cordless Stick Vacuum:

I love Swiffer products and have been using them for years. I bought this since the non vacuum one just does not get everything off my floor. I was very disappointed in this product. The pad on it sweeps up stuff just like the other one does, but the vacuum part on it does it very little! I was not trying to suck up huge debris either. I swept a small section of my kitchen floor and turned the vacuum on to pick up the stuff that did not stick to the pad, almost nothing got sucked up. I had to get a wet paper towel and wipe up the pile! I used brand new batteries and again was not trying to suck up huge pieces of debris. Not sure if I just got a bad one or not but I am sticking with the regular Swiffer. At least I do not need to buy batteries for that one!

Maneuverability
      Head swivels somewhat making it easy to turn around corners.

Suction Performance
      Sucked up pretty much nothing! Not even a cat hair went into the vacuum part.

Swiffer SweeperVac is amazing

Comments about Swiffer SweeperVac Cordless Stick Vacuum:

I absolutely love my Swiffer SweeperVac. I have linoleum in my kitchen and dinner room as well as in my bathrooms and the Swiffer SweeperVac makes it easy and painless to clean both floors and bathrooms in less than 30 minutes. I love the dual sweeper and mop pad attachment. I use mine every other day to sweep up dirt, dust the floors, and mop the floors. It is easy to use and is super lightweight. I find myself wanting to clean more due to the ease of cleaning with the Swiffer SweeperVac. It can clean up small spills or large messes in no time at all. You can use either a dry pad or wet pad depending on the need. It is relatively inexpensive and the products that go with it are as well. I like that it can be charged overnight and ready to go in the morning or in just a few hours if need be. It is easy to clean and remove the captured dirt. Overall, this is a must have in your clean closet.

Great Product!!

Comments about Swiffer SweeperVac Cordless Stick Vacuum:

I got this Swiffer Vac for my birthday and it is by far my favorite cleaning product. I actually have fun cleaning my floors! I felt like celebrating when I learned I didn't need my old dust pan anymore. No more dirty broom bristles for me to clean (or try to ignore!) I received this product along with the Swiffer Bissell steam mop and I love my new cleaning routine!

Maneuverability
      The head of the gadget maneuvers without effort, making it convenient for getting under chairs and tables. Still, I wish that it was a little less wide so that I could get into narrow spaces. It's also tricky cleaning edges around the walls.

Ease of Maintenance
      There's a pad to change like a regular Swiffer and then a small filter to empty and eventually replace just like a vacuum. They are easy enough to switch out. I hope to find a reusable pad though instead of purchasing disposables on a regular basis.

Suction Performance
      Works well for a vacuum of its size. Not intended for anything bigger than Cheerios but that works for me.

Versatility
      It works well on my linoleum floors but I don't recommend it for carpets (not intended for them anyway). The sweep and vacuum features complement each other very well in this system. Must recharge after each use.

I love not having to use a dust pan! The vacuum feature is by far my favorite part of this gadget. I do wish that the sweeper part was a little narrower but I can't complain too much because my floors are cleaner than ever.

The gadget is so lightweight that I don't foresee it lasting forever, but with some TLC it should work well for a while.

Great easy picker upper.

from New City, NY

Comments about Swiffer SweeperVac Cordless Stick Vacuum:

It is easy to grab because you don't have to plug it in. It is easy to charge and have ready for quick cleaning. The only thing you need to change is the cloth so it coud grab the dust.

Maneuverability
      It get under cabinets and refergerators.

Ease of Maintenance
      Nothing to maintain except filter.

Suction Performance
      It could be better when it gets old.

• Versatility:

My new favorite swiffer product

from Nesconset,ny

Comments about Swiffer SweeperVac Cordless Stick Vacuum:

The swiffer sweeper vac cordless stick vacuum is the best investment I've made in the swiffer products available. Since I have to sweep after every meal, snack and in between, it picks up more than my broom and dust pan and vacuum combined. It's so light weight and easy to maneuver and so much mire convenient for the everyday crumbs and pieces of food. Not only does it pick up food, but it picks up the dust and hair that usually sticks to my broom or spreads the dust. It has an attachable swiffer pad that helps pick up dirt in crevices on my living room floor. When I'm finished, I simply dumb the bin and throw out the cloth. It's rechargeable, easy to use, and the best, it's cordless which makes it almost effortless. For such a lightweight vacuum, it's extremely powerful and the suction us great. I love this swiffer model. You'll see that it also works on a variety of different surfaces. I would definitely recommend.

• Versatility:

Not that great especially for the price.

from Kansas

Comments about Swiffer SweeperVac Cordless Stick Vacuum:

I generally like Swiffer products so I saw this vacuum and decided to give it a try. Swiffer SweeperVac Cordless Stick Vacuum isn't that great of a product. It's good for small spaces that basically just have some dust bunnies but it doesn't perform anything like a vacuum would. It's battery life is extremely limited and just not as good of quality that I would expect from Swiffer.

The Swiffer SweeperVac Cordless Stick Vacuum has a rechargeable battery and is good for light cleaning. The battery life is extremely short and it takes so long to charge. It takes about 4 times longer to charge than what it lasts. I use this is my bathroom to just pick up some of the dust bunnies and hair. It only lasts about long enough to finish my bathroom and my bathroom is pretty small. I don't know if I got a defective rechargeable battery or what. It can't really pick up anything heavier than dust bunnies or hair. So it works well in the bathroom but that's about it. There are much better stick vacuums out there than this swiffer one. It's good on wood stair cases though because it is small enough to maneuver on them unlike big full size vacuums.

I do not recommend buying the Swiffer SweeperVac Cordless Stick Vacuum. It's way overpriced for the performance and it doesn't offer any versatility plus has a super short battery life.

no charge

from Fort Lee, NJ

Comments about Swiffer SweeperVac Cordless Stick Vacuum:

I have hardwood floors throughout my apartment, and have been using swiffer sweepers for years. When I saw the Swiffer SweeperVac Cordless Stick Vacuum, I thought it would be a perfect addition to my arsenal of floor cleaning equipment. Unfortunately I wasn't as happy with the vacuum as I thought I would be. One of my biggest problems, is that it doesn't hold a charge. The first time, I thought maybe I just hadn't fully charged it. I made sure the next time that it had a full charge, but it still barely lasted 5 minutes. As far as the actual performance, that has been okay. I have a cat and a child, and it seems to consistently do a reasonable job of sucking up the crumbs and cat hair that is typically found on my floors. The position of the off/on switch also seems to be in a weird place. I find it awkward to use. If they could figure out how to make this hold a charge, I think it would be a good product. As it stands now, it barely allows me to finish one room before the charge runs out.