Other Misc. Cleaning Products:
Swiffer
Swiffer Sweeper Dry Sweeping Cloths

Swiffer Sweeper Dry Sweeping Cloths

Swiffer Sweeper Refills: Stick to the real Mc Coy

Living as I do in South Florida, the holy land of tile and laminate flooring, I find that I use my Swiffer Sweeper several times a week.  The combination of hard-surface (white tile) and 24/7 use of central air-conditioning seems to make floor up-keep an almost continuous task.

I find that the Swiffer Sweeper is ideal for the task especially when used with some frequency.  Used in this way you're not trying to tame an unruly hutch of dust bunnies that have been left free to multiply over the course of a month or two.  That's right, the Swiffer Sweeper works best when used often.

**The Refills**

If you use the Swiffer Sweeper I'm sure you've noticed that there is a great number of compatible refills that can be purchased for a considerably lower price.  My advice?  Resist them.  There's something about the V design of the Genuine Swiffer Sweeper Refills that makes them better.  They attract dust better and they certainly hold onto it better.  So, although other brands are nominally less costly you find yourself using more of them and find that they leave a greater amount of dirt and dust behind.

**But they don't pick up everything!**

Of course they don't.  You really didn't expect them to pick up everything did you?  But, with a little practice you'll learn to sweep in a fashion that concentrates the residual dirt in one little place.  Put down the Sweeper, pick up the DustBuster and in less than 30 seconds you're done.  Trust me here.  I have it down to a science.

**My Viewpoint**

If you're a once a month cleaner, this product wasn't meant for you.  But, if you regularly maintain your floors, the Swiffer Sweeper and Genuine Swiffer Sweeper Refills will make the job considerably easier.  I recommend this product.

Rudi

For what they are, Swiffer Sweeper Dry Clothes are decent.

Swiffer Sweeper Dry Sweeping Cloths are thick, fiberous cloths that you attach to a [Swiffer Sweeper][1] by laying across the flat bottom at the head of the Sweeper and pressing the corners into holes with teeth.  Then you just push the Swiffer Sweeper around the floor and the cloths pick up dirt and debris.

I attach a dry cloth and "sweep" my floor before I am going to mop it with the [Wet Mopping Cloths][2] .  I find these dry cloths to be good for picking up dust, dirt and pet hair, but everything else just gets pushed around.  For example, little crumbs of food and anything else that isn't going to "attach" the fibers of the cloth, just get scooted around the floor until you sweep them up.  I do like the fact that the Swiffer Sweeper "sweeps" my floor, I just wish the cloths picked up more than than did.  I really like them for getting the corners of my bathroom floor where hair, pet hair and who knows what else ends up there!

The reason why I gave **Swiffer Sweeper Dry Sweeping Cloths **a 3 star rating is because although I think they're handy, they are not totally effective.  They are especially useful for loose dirt and pet hair, but if you want more picked up from the floor, I would suggest you vacuum before using these.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Swiffer-Sweeper--117475-review-dd6912
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Swiffer-Wet-Mopping-Cloths-review-274611

Sweep No More, Just Swiff!

Comments about Swiffer Sweeper Dry Sweeping Cloths:

These are amazing! If you are not familiar with the Swiffer you need to know that in order to use these pads you will have to have a Swiffer sweeper. You can buy this tool in any grocery store, hardware store, big box store, etc. You attach the pads to the end and instead of sweeping floors you push the Swiffer around and the pads attract everything. These pick up hair, dust, dander, little bits of paper too. Granted these will not work on carpets, only on hard wood floors, tiles, and laminates. Pretty much any hard surface, and they are amazing for cleaning the stairs. Also you can dust ceiling fans and walls with these too. They really are great and do an incredible job. Awesome invention!

Swiffer Sweeper

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Swiffer Sweeper Dry Sweeping Cloths:

Swiffer Sweeper Dry Sweeping Cloths are utterly amazing! I have a medium sized dog that sheds a lot and a four year old son so yes I can deal with a lot of messes on a regular basis. One of my main cleaning hassles is keeping the downstairs wooden floor looking clean because that's where a majority of the crumbs and dog fur ends up. Using a traditional broom and dust pan is such a hassle because it's consistently not sweeping up enough of the dog fur, mostly it feels like it's only picking up half and the rest gets left behind or jammed into the broom bristles. Swifter sweeper dry cleaning cloths are a lifesaver! It's so much easier and lightweight to sweep with my swiffer. The dry sweeping cloths trap and lock all of the dog fur and crumbs way better then any broom I have ever used. Just one sweeping cloth can clean my entire downstairs wooded area! It's especially great with the dog fur!

Throw away that broom and move in the swiffer.

Comments about Swiffer Sweeper Dry Sweeping Cloths:

This is an amazing tool to have around. We have animals so there is a lot of animal hair that will accumulate if i don't keep track of it. I would sweep constantly to turn around and find more animal fur in the corners. My broom would sweep it in a pile, but the hairs and dust would get stuck on the broom and transferred all over as a sweep. I have used the swiffer sweeper dry sweeping cloths for a long time and I won't go without. They lock in the hair and dust so I don't need to worry about it getting thrown around. I am a pretty big fan of all of the swiffer products and so far I haven't been let down. I have even used this as a dusting cloth when I ran out of my dusters. Swiffer really has made my life easier. They even have some that are scented so you can freshen up your house as you sweep.

The only way to sweep.

Comments about Swiffer Sweeper Dry Sweeping Cloths:

I share my home with 2 dogs and 1 cat. I love my pets but I don't love the hair and pet dander they leave all over my floors. I have laminate and tile flooring in most of my house. I have tried sweeping with regular broom , but that just seems to make hair "fly around" instead of cleaning it up. I have also tried all different kinds of traditional cloth dust mops.These mops work better than a broom for removing the hair, but then you are left with a nasty dirty mop covered in pet hair. I hate having to clean these in my washing machine. I love the Swifter dry sweeping cloths. The cloths are thick and are textured so they work well on both my tile and laminate flooring. They pick up all the pet hair and dander plus the daily dirt that gets tracked inside.I love being able to use a cloth until it gets dirty and then just throw it away and put on a clean cloth. I have also noticed that cleaning with the swifter cloths keeps my allergies from acting up while I am sweeping. The dust and hair sticks to the cloth and doesn't end up in the air. The cloths also come in Gain scents that leave a nice smell in your home. It is more expensive to use the disposable Swifter cloths than to use regular broom or dust mop, but to me it is worth the extra cost.

Worth every penny

Comments about Swiffer Sweeper Dry Sweeping Cloths:

I have severe allergies. I have to take medication everyday as well as a nasal spray and bi-weekly shots. It is very important that my house maintains dust free as much as possible. When I saw the swiffer dust cloths advertise I knew I had to try them. Upon first use on my hardwood floors I could see the difference. I couldn't believe how much dust the cloth was able to pick up. It was also very easy to use. The swivel head makes it very easy to maneveur and you are able to get under furniture and into areas that would be almost impossible with a vacuum cleaner. I still vacuum the hardwood floors and tile first, but then use the swiffer cloths afterwards. It is able to pick up so much dust that the vacuum just can't get too. I also use it in between regular cleaning. It's so easy to use and I am able to breathe easier almost immediately. It has really helped my allergies. I would recommend this product to anyone.

Dry sweeping clothes for dusting.

Comments about Swiffer Sweeper Dry Sweeping Cloths:

I love these Swiffer Sweeper pads! My four year old can take the wand and dust to her hearts content and I don't have to worry about dust flying or rinsing our dirty rags. She loves the handle and hands don't get wet or dirty. The clothes pickup dust better then a rag and dust doesn't fly around like a feather duster. Safe for most surfaces and can get into nooks and crannys. Reliable and last for a long time.

Do the job perfectly

Comments about Swiffer Sweeper Dry Sweeping Cloths:

Swiffer sweeper dry sweeping cloths are my favorite. They are easy to use and one cloth cleans the whole house. It removes all the dust and of great help in removing hair which is all over the house. I like the unscented cloths more than the scented ones as I am allergic to odors.

You don't have to own a Swiffer to use these cloths.

from Jacksonville, NC

Comments about Swiffer Sweeper Dry Sweeping Cloths:

I originally bought the Swiffer Sweeper Dry Cloths to use with my Swiffer Sweeper. But when my sweeper broke, I had to find another use for them. As it turned out, that wasn't very hard to do.

Of course, what these cloths are made for is to attach to the bottom of the Swiffer Sweeper, which works great on hardwood floors. The cloths attract dust and pet hair like nobody's business! But I found they are also great for dusting the furniture, wiping down kitchen cabinets, cleaning pet hair off of my leather furniture, wiping down the inside of my car, and getting pet hair out of those hard to reach places under the bed.

Some Swiffer Sweeper Cloths are even infused with scents, which is just a bonus to their already great purpose. So, even if you don't have a Swiffer Sweeper, you can benefit from using this product.

Love it!

from Belmar, NJ

Comments about Swiffer Sweeper Dry Sweeping Cloths:

I love Swiffer Sweeper Dry Cloths! I have two long haired dogs and I have to sweep up the hair every day! It's not fun but this product makes it so much easier to deal with! The dog hair and other debris on my floors are attracted to the cloths like a magnet like other reviewers said, it is so true! It is so easy to use and then just throw away the cloth when done! I gave this four out of five stars because like the Swiffer wet cloths I find the Dry cloths to be on the pricey side as well. I definitely recommend this to make your cleaning easier!

Durable but doesn't pick up.

from Trumbull, CT

Comments about Swiffer Sweeper Dry Sweeping Cloths:

It doesn't pick up the dust or dirt that well. I think it just pushes the dirt and the dust ends up on the edge of the cloth while the middle stays clean. It's best to use on walls and ceilings but not floors.