Other General Household Cleaners:
Swiffer

Pros

Cons

Swiffer makes an AMAZING furniture polish!

I never knew Swiffer made furniture polish until I received a free sample of it!  WOW, I love it!  Not only does it make everything shiny & dust free, but it smells terrific too.  I tried It the Citrus Zest scent, but it also comes in Lavender Vanilla & Tropical Sunrise.  Lavender Vanilla?  In a furniture polish?  Nice.

I love the design of the can.  It has a trigger, much like the one on the Febreeze aersol products.  The polish comes out in a nice even mist, and it distributes evenly without leaving a greasy residue on the furniture.  It also conditions your furniture when you apply it!

Swiffer Dust & Shine works on so many things!  Of course it works on wood surfaces like tables and chairs, but it will also work on my leather sofa, granite and marble countertops, and laminate!  How awesome is that?  Oh, and it works great for Hardwood Flooring too.  It made it shine and smell so yummy.

And it's affordable!  Not any more expensive than the other furniture polish products out there.  And because it's new, I can find it on sale almost everywhere I look.

Swiffer should stick to floor cleaning.

I am definitely not going to be using Swiffer's Dust and Shine product again. It is not a product I would ever recommend. The company needs to just stick to floor cleaning products, for sure. I decided to fore go my Pledge for a minute and try Swiffer's dusting product. It was a terrible decision. Swiffer's dusting product left an oily layer on my surfaces and it was streaky. Nothing I did would help the situation (until I got my Pledge did the dusting all over again!). You could actually see the oily layer and dust started sticking to it almost right after I finished the dusting, which is unacceptable. I also did not like the scent of the product. I guess I am partial to Pledge, but Swiffer did not produce a product that measures up to Pledge's ability to dust in any way. Sorry, Swiffer, better luck next time!

Not only did it not dust my surfaces well, it caused them to dusty sooner than they would if I had used another dusting product!

works okay but not my favorite.

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Efficient

Cons

• Cleaning
    • dusting

Comments about Swiffer Dust & Shine:

I do like the products that swiffer makes and some work better than others. I do like it on some surfaces for example, wood window sills, dresser and wooden stands, and the wood trim around my home. It kind of leaves a residue but most of the spray products do. I liked how after using it i could just run a dry duster over the tops of the stands and the dust and hair came off easier. It makes wood shine but I dont like the slippery residue after. Swiffer products are expensive, and they do work but I just didn't like the residue left after using it. They all smell wonderful and it works great for surfaces that aren't used a lot.

Comments about Swiffer Dust & Shine:

Swiffer Dust & Shine is a good alternative to Pledge type products, but it is a slightly different consistency. It works brilliantly on furniture and wood products, cabinets, chairs, tables and shelving and it smells wonderful (but then, so does Pledge).

On the two occasions I was not overly happy with the results was firstly on our leather soafers. It made them shiny, but way too squeaky. Secondly, I sprayed our hardwood floors and Swiffer Dust & Shine made them so slippery I had to tell my kids to wear their outdoor sneakers in the house until the floor became a little more grippy over the following few days.

It is better for using on window frames, skirting boards and mable surfaces in order that the oily ingredient can condition and protect.

I can't tell you that it is better than Pledge, but it has it's place! It is a touch expensive, as are all Swiffer products but as a brand, they certainly know what they're doing.

Great product and not just for dusting

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Swiffer Dust & Shine:

This is a great product for dusting and really leaves my wood looking amazing. It makes my furniture look brand new again and leaves it with a great shine. I love the different scents, they really smell good, and it doesn't smell like I have been cleaning at all, but smells nice and fragrant.
    I also use this product on my stainless steel appliances. I simply spray on the appliance and wipe it down with a micro fiber cloth and it literally leaves the appliances streak free. I also use this to spray the window ledges to keep the windows from squeaking and getting stuck.
    Swiffer really makes a great product and I like this brand more than the competitor brands. It costs nearly the same price, but works so much better. I would recommend giving this product a try, it has multiple uses and really gets the job done.

I love the scents that swiffer makes, they do not smell like a cleaning product at all.

It's a great new polish that is just as good as other brands.

from West Virginia

Comments about Swiffer Dust & Shine:

I was surprised when Swiffer came out with these. I've always known them for their dusting cloths and sweepers so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they're doing dusting spray. This is called dust and shine but it's really just furniture polish, and a pretty good one at that.

It isn't any more expensive than other products on the market and it even comes in really nice scents. They have a vanilla lavender scent that actually smells really nice and a citrus scent that smells like oranges and lemons without as much of a chemical smell as other polishes that use lemon.

These are great on a variety of surfaces but I notice they leave furniture a little slick for a while until it dries. I think it may have something to do with the perfume used to scent the spray. It mists out evenly over the furniture and I will use it on all my wood surfaces, even my bed, but sometimes I have to go over my chairs with a dry cloth.

I've heard you can use this on wood floors but it's way too slickening to do so. It's very slippery when I accidentally get it on my wood floor so I wouldn't recommend spraying the whole floor with it, even if you went over with your regular Swiffer duster.

Pros of this are that it cleans and dusts just as well as pledge and other brands. Also , it smells so much better than other polishes.

Cons of this are that it actually leaves things a little slick so you have to go over it with a dry cloth even after you've wiped it all down.

It helps keep the wood shiny but it makes it kind of slick. It ultimately goes away but if you're dusting before family comes over, you'll want to wipe your table down so it isn't slick.

These have amazing scents that don't smell as chemically and harsh as other products. You can tell the lavender and vanilla aren't natural, but they smell much better than other products.

Another Quick and Easy Way to Dust, Thanks to Swiffer!

Comments about Swiffer Dust & Shine:

Swiffer makes some of the best dust removal products. This product has to be one of my favorites to use on my wood furniture.
    For some reason, the woo furniture in my house attracts dust! It is so annoying. I feel like I need to dust three times a week to keep up with it.
    I defintely don't have the time to dust and clean house three times a week, so that is where Swiffer Dust and Shine comes in.
    Technically, when using this product, you are "killing two birds with one stone." Not only are you dusting, put you are also caring for your wood furniture and shining it. It definitely allows me to spend the time I would be cleaning my wood furniture doing something else around the house!

Excellent! Removes dust and polishes wood furniture at the same time!

I use the traditional lemon scent, which smells awesome and clean. I believe there are other scents such as vanilla and orange. Lemon scents just remind me of wood furniture cleaner.

Keeps My Furniture and Guitar Sparkling Clean

Comments about Swiffer Dust & Shine:

I use the Swiffer Dust and Shine Spray on all my wood based furniture and my acoustic guitar. The spray smells good and leaves a pleasing scent afterwards. It doesn't smear or leave nasty residue either. The type of handle it has makes it easy to spray on exactly what you want, and the nozzle doesn't leak on your hands either.

Swiffer should stick to floor cleaning.

from lakeland, florida

Better than expected

from Piketon, OH

Comments about Swiffer Dust & Shine:

We started using this about a year or so ago after being loyal Pledge users. We didn't really expect Swiffer to be as good as Pledge but we were wrong! It is BETTER! It leaves a real deep shine on wood, actually seems to repel dust better than Pledge, and it comes in a variety of really nice scents so you can almost enjoy dusting instead of it being a boring chore!

Swiffer Dust and Shine Cleans and Protects

from Houston, TX

Comments about Swiffer Dust & Shine:

Furniture needs the occasional dusting and shine up session and manufacturers offer several different aerosols to get furniture clean and shiny. One brand that isn’t an aerosol, but rather a spray of a different variety is **Swiffer Dust and Shine.**

**Cleaner Commentary:**

Swiffer Dust and Shine is a handy product for removing dust and other buildup from end tables, coffee tables, and other furniture. It also works on wood, leather, marble, and granite and it conditions as it removes dust and shines surfaces.

One of the many nice qualities of Swiffer Dust and Shine is the scent. This product is sold in a few different scented options and what I like is that they are so different from the typical furniture polish. I like the lavender vanilla the best but the others are equally pleasant and they are a nice change from the usual lemon scent so common with other furniture polishes.

Swiffer Dust and Shine isn’t really intended for deep cleaning so it shouldn’t be used for that purpose. It is best for the removing of dust, for polishing and shining, for conditioning wood, and for adding a fresh scent to the entire room.

**Bottom- Line Viewpoint:**

Swiffer Dust and Shine is a different type of furniture cleaner- one that is offered in a trigger sprayer and in multiple fresh scents. It isn’t the greatest at removing blemishes, but it is very good at dusting and polishing, making it a good choice for cleaning and protecting your furniture or marble/granite countertops.

Cleans and dusts with the best of them.

Very nice scent- especially the lavender vanilla option

Swiffer Dust & Shine -love it!!!

from In Upstate, NY

Comments about Swiffer Dust & Shine:

I just bought Swiffer Dust & Shine for the first time about a month ago. I was tired of the typical lemon scented wood cleaner. I had a hefty coupon and it was on sale, so I thought I would give it a try. Loved it!! I bought the Lavender and Vanilla scent. I waxed every wood surface in the house! I started and loved the scent and just kept on waxing! Not only does it smell nice, but it does it great cleaning job too. I did not notice any greasy residue.I thought it left tables very shiny. I also did the stairs ( the wood on the other side of the carpet- I don't want anyone to do their stairs and go flying....). The railing came out nice too. I love the way the scent lingered in the room. We had company, and they mentioned the scent. So, it had some staying power. I didn't think it cleaned any better or any worse than other wood cleaning products. The main benefit is the lovely scent. Sure beats that lemon smell !