4.9
Swanson
Swanson Low Sodium Chicken Broth

Swanson Low Sodium Chicken Broth

4.9

I always keep some on hand

from Knob Noster, MO

Comments about Swanson Low Sodium Chicken Broth:

This is a conveniently packaged chicken broth. The box stores nicely in the cabinet. I especially appreciate that it is low sodium. It has a full rich flavor; I use it as a base stock for soups, to make gravy and as a soothing broth for scratchy throats.

Less Sodium, Less Flavor

Comments about Swanson Low Sodium Chicken Broth:

We like to have cans of Swanson chicken broth around the house for soups, rice dishes, and for cooking pork roasts for pulled pork sandwiches. In order to be healthier, we have tried to cut the sodium by switching to the low sodium chicken broth. We like to feel healthier, but, unfortunately, there is a flavor trade-off. It just doesn't taste as good as the original. We have settled on using half regular and half low sodium. The taste ends up coming out a bit lighter, but we still get to enjoy our favorite dishes that way.

Less Sodium And Full Flavor

from USA, Indiana

Comments about Swanson Low Sodium Chicken Broth:

Swanson low sodium chicken broth taste just as good as the original version. When I want added flavor to my rice, I use swanson low sodium chicken broth instead of water when I prepare my rice. I also use swanson low sodium chicken broth to steam vegetables,make homemade soups and of course I use swanson low sodium chicken broth to make homemade stuffing.

I highly recommend this product. You can't tell the extra sodium is missing.

Such a Healthy Alternative

from TN

Comments about Swanson Low Sodium Chicken Broth:

Swanson Low Sodium Chicken Broth is such a healthy alternative to some other brands. This chicken broth has a very flavorful rich taste, without being too salty or watery. This broth is fat-free and 33% less sodium in it than the original, at a very low 15 calories per serving. Swanson Low Sodium Chicken Broth is an excellent ingredient for making soups, casseroles, sauces and so much more.

The 'Good For You' Chicken Broth!

Comments about Swanson Low Sodium Chicken Broth:

Swanson has always made good chicken broth. Now they have a version of low sodium chicken broth, for everyone out there who is watching their sodium or salt intake. Surprisingly you cannot taste a difference in the low sodium version. It still has a great taste to it & does not lose any of it's flavor. I use a lot of the broth about once every two months for Chicken a La King. The broth works well to make gravy. The only thing I do not like is that the broth will expire quickly once opened. You will have to use all of it before 5 days is up.

Not bad for low sodium

Comments about Swanson Low Sodium Chicken Broth:

For a low sodium broth Swanson low sodium has a lot of flavor. I actually bought it accidentally once (meaning to buy the original variety) and was disappointed to see that I had done so when I got home. However, the dishes I've used it in taste identical to when I've made them with the full sodium broth. I highly recommend it if you're cutting sodium because it has great flavor.

Great addition to meals of all kinds

from TX

Comments about Swanson Low Sodium Chicken Broth:

Swanson Low Sodium Chicken Broth is the best brand chicken broth available at the grocery store. It is the best alternative to salt for those watching their diet and sodium intake. I use Swanson chicken broth instead of water when boiling rice, potatoes and even beans. Adds an exceptional taste to soups and casseroles. I purchase both the broth in the box and the bullion cubes in the jar, they both taste great. Add to your pan when cooking meats and it helps keep the meat from drying out, it comes out moist and flavorful. I love that they created the low sodium version of this product because I tend to over salt everything I make. This broth has more taste and flavors than any other chicken broth that I have tried. You can find so many recipes on the Swanson website and can use in almost anything, even cornbread. You would think that you are using homemade chicken broth, you won't believe it is store bought.