Other Itch & Rash Treatments:
Bug Bites, Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, Poison Sumac
Swan
Swan Calamine Lotion

Swan Calamine Lotion

Swan Calamine Lotion inexpensive but works great!

Swan Calamine Lotion has been around a long time. I can remember when I was little my mother covering me with it when I had poison ivy. It soothes the itch and makes it more bearable. Calamine Lotion is something everyone should always have on hand in their medicine cabinets. It's so affordable which is great, so almost anyone can afford it. Some over the counter treatments are so expensive.

I also used it on my kids for chicken pox, rashes, and when they got into poison ivy too.

I love that it has no smell, although you can clearly see it on your skin.

Its inexpensive and works great.

It works and it is cheap

This is an oldie but a goodie for poison ivy, and bug bites. If you can stand, or do nto mind having the pink stuff visible on the affected area, this will work, and works well for minor problems. If the poison ivy is bad enough, you may want to get your Dr to prescribe something for you.

Nobody likes calamine lotion but this stuff is the worst.

Comments about Swan Calamine Lotion:

Had to use this calamine lotion on my rampant bug bites once, and was disgusted by the smell. It's very strong, and smells very much like glue and medicine mixed together. In addition the pink color seemed to slightly stain my very fair skin after application.

Swan Calamine Lotion inexpensive but works great!

from Gboro, NC

Comments about Swan Calamine Lotion:

I love that it has no smell, although you can clearly see it on your skin.

Its inexpensive and works great.

Swan Calamine lotion not just for itch but a beauty must have!

from Bruin, PA

Comments about Swan Calamine Lotion:

Calamine lotion isnt just for poison ivy or relief from bites and itches. Calamine lotion is the perfect answer to blemishes. It can clear up even the most stubborn zit overnight! I blot it on my pimples at night with a q tip before I go to bed and after I deep clean and moisturize my skin and when I wake up even the reddest, largest, sorest, blemish is usually gone. I even like to apply it as a mask and let it harden on my face as I relax in the tub and it seems to get all of the days germs and gunk out of my pores. Its cheap, easy, safe, cheap, effective, cheap! What more can a person want??? I have been using it for years tried and true and its typically something most people commonly have in the medicine cabinet! I honestly believe if it werent for Swan Pink Calamine my teenage years may have been alot worse! I will be definetly teaching my children about it in a few years when they start having their first breakouts!

No more itch with Swan Calamine.

from Pulaski, VA

Comments about Swan Calamine Lotion:

Poison Ivy used to spread like a wildfire on me.  I've over come some of that but I still use Swan Calamine Lotion when I do get it.  It quickly dries up the poison ivy and calms the itch.  I've used it for a long time.  I told my son about it when got poison oak and now it's all he uses.  Swan Calamine will dry up any kind of itch rash.  It's great!

Swan's Calamine Lotion is a life saver

from Cheraw, SC

Comments about Swan Calamine Lotion:

Swan's Calamine Lotion is a real life saver.  My 8 year old daughter is allergy to grass, cat and dog hair, etc. When she breaks out I have to find something to help with the itching.  I've tried everything, cold water, warm towel, nothing working like Swan's Calamine Lotion.  It doesn't take a lot of it either. I usually put some on a cotton ball and just rub it where she is broke out at.  It helps until her medicine starts to work.  I would high recommend this product if you are like me and have a child who breaks out easliy.  I would also get your child checked out to see what they are allergy too. It would help out if you can keep your child away from the things that make them break out. But in my situation my child is a tom boy and she gets into everything. We have three dogs and she loves them and I can't tell her not to play with them so I keep a bottle of Swan's Calamine Loction avaiable because you never know when you are going to need it.

The fastest treatment for poison ivy!

from Clear Fork, WV

Comments about Swan Calamine Lotion:

I love this. It worked really well on my children. My children caught poison ivy and I bought this, it didn't cost very much it was very inexpensive and i was surprised at how fast and how well it worked. Within an hour they weren't itching as bad and in a week and a half my kids were clearing up reallly really well, the poison ivy was really clearing up really fast. I couldn't believe how fast that this stuff really worked. It dries almost immediatley when put on the skin. It doesn't have a really bad strong smell like other medicines for poison ivy do.  My kids weren't scratching all day long. Just apply it twice a day and don't let them wash it off and it really does it's job. It done better for my children than having to take them to the doctor and getting those painful shots for poison ivy. It is painless, it immeadialty soothes and cools their skin. And heals it faster than those painful shots and no crying because they have to go to the doctor and get a shot. It is a lot cheaper than a doctor visit. I recommend this product to any mom that wants to keep the itch off their child! :)

Takes the itch out of the rash!

from Glen Carbon, IL

Comments about Swan Calamine Lotion:

The Swan calamine lotion brand has been a fixture in our medicine cabinet now for years as it has been a lifesaver when someone in the family happens to come across a nasty case of poison ivy.  The lotion definitely is a lifesaver and soothes itchy skin and helps scabs heal over quickly so that infection will not set in.  The product is also very helpful when you have multiple bug bites all over your legs.  I would recommend to quickly apply the product as soon as the problem begins so that healing time is minimized.  The lotion itself sometimes leaves residue around the area if it is not fully rubbed in, but sometimes I think it has a more soothing effect if you just let it soak in gradually.  This lotion is generally found in most stores I have found in the medical lotion section.  It is about the same price as similar lotions, but I have just found this product to be a trusted brand over the years, and we will stick with it.

Kids favorite

from Snohomish, WA

Comments about Swan Calamine Lotion:

Calamine will help relieve my kids itch.  I don't know if it makes the bite heal quicker, but I know for sure the kids don't itch it when the lotion is on.  Whether it is mosquito or flea bites it helps relieve the itch.

inexpensive effeective treatment!!!

from Blue Hill, NE

Comments about Swan Calamine Lotion:

The Swan calamine lotion is an inexpensive, affordable way  to treat your itchy problems. My son is allergic to mosquito bites, bugs bites and just about every other bug out there that butes. He becomes very irritated, red and itchy. We always reach for the swan calamine lotion (he always asks for the pink itch stuff) and within minutes of applying, he is itch free. This is probably one of the easiest ways to alleviate itchy skin from bug bites, to poison ivy to  even an itchy rash, This is an affordable, lasting lotion that has been around for many, many years. There isn't much of an odor and it is not at all painful when applying. So if your child is afraid that it is going to burn when you put it on, assure them that this brand does not, and will not hurt them! It is a thick, creamy lotion that soothes, the skin and gives lasting relief from itchy skin. This calamine lotion is fantastic!

Works Wonderful

from Sherrard, IL

Comments about Swan Calamine Lotion:

Swan Calamine Lotion works great for those occasional bug bites or rashes.  I have two bottles of this in the medicine cabinet at all times.  We take this camping with us when we go.  My kids don't even mind being pink all over, because this works so well.  My boys are forever getting into itch weed or poison ivy and have been coated in Swan Calamine Lotion and it stops the itching and stops the speading of it as well.  This is inexpensive medicine to use and can be bought just about anywhere.  I recommend this to any parent with active kids.