Other E-commerce Websites:

Swagbucks.com

Pros

Cons

Been a member for 4 years

Want to get stuff cheaper or free? Join swagbucks and use it and your earn giftcards towards your favorite things. There are many ways to earn swagbucks, from taking surveys, to doing searches, to buying things. The main ways I earn swagbucks are 1. using swagbucks as a search engine. I earn 6-30 swagbucks a day doing this. 2. Printing coupons AND using them. For every coupon that I redeem at the store, I get 10 swagbucks. This averages about 200 sb a month for me. 3. Watching Swagbucks tv. I click on the tv banner and click on a video. I then go about my day. Clean house, walk by the computer and click another video. For every ten vids, you earn 3 swagbucks. Its annoying, in theory, but considering I don't watch the videos, I click on them while I'm tooling around the internet on my lunchbreak in a different window, I click on them while i walk by my computer while cleaning house, I click on them whenever I think about it. I earn about 12 sb a day doing this. 99% of the time I use my swagbucks towards Amazon gift cards. I buy everything from Amazon now: razors, diapers, packaged food. This is basically free money.

Great idea, but has gone WAY downhill!

I began using Swagbucks in the fall of 2011. By the beginning of December, I had earned several $5 Amazon gift cards primarily from doing searches and surveys. I rarely did any of the other things you can do to earn Swagbucks in those first months.

Encouraged by the cards I had earned so quickly, I began exploring the site and found the things that worked best for me. . .some of the tasks, swag codes, using the search feature, coupons, and, of course, the surveys were what seemed the most efficient use of my time. Over 2012, spending no more than an average of 10 minutes per day, MAX, I earned over $400 in gift cards, mostly Amazon. I was, to be honest, HOOKED!

Entering 2013, however, I noticed a marked change in how much I was able to earn. The two areas that are the most problematic are : Surveys and tasks.

The surveys went from one of the most consistent ways of earning Swagbucks to the most frustrating. I used to qualify for most surveys I attempted, or knew within a few 'screening questions' whether I was accepted. Now, I am RARELY qualified for a survey, even ones I attempt withing minutes of getting an email about it. More frustrating still is the number of surveys I spend up to 40 minutes on, only to find out that I then 'do not qualify.' They basically get all the information they need and then do not give you credit.

Tasks are likewise now the bane of my existence. The number of times that I complete a task per the instructions and do not get my credits is pathetic. Most of the time, if I chase the company down, I do get the Swagbucks, but only after a hassle. Given the fact that most tasks say that it can take 'days' to credit your account, the number of times that someone forgets to check and then follow up means that most of the companies are getting what they want for free, at our expense.

I still use the search engine feature, and I still print coupons through the site (which gives you 10 Swagbucks for each one you use), but other than that, I have just about given up on the other options. Such a waste of my time, especially when you get nothing back.

This year, I have earned about $100 in Amazon gift cards. . .which is okay for doing what I normally would do. But there are MUCH better survey and task related sites.

A really great rewards program

from Troy NY

Verified Reviewer

Comments about Swagbucks.com:

I have been a faithful Swagbucks.com member for about a year now, and have earned over $100 in free gift cards.

To do this, I always make sure that I use Swagbucks for all of my searches, check in to do their daily poll and other daily tasks, and do all of my shopping through Swagbucks. I pretty much sign up for any free newsletter or offering that provides additional SBs as well.

I stay away from the available surveys, because it's rare that I qualify for a survey, and if you're disqualified you only get a few or no swagbucks, so I don't think that aspect is worth it.

But I have found that if I can hit my daily goal for Swagbucks each day, that the bonuses I get each month really pay off.

All in all, I'm a huge fan of Swagbucks... I earn a lot of free gift cards, which come in handy when purchasing Christmas or birthday gifts. I would recommend it to anyone and everyone!

Great if you have lots of time

from New York, NY

Verified Reviewer

Comments about Swagbucks.com:

I have been using swagbucks for a little over a year. The concept is wonderful, complete surveys, internet searches, play games, watch video clips, etc and earn swagbucks. Swagbucks then an be redeemed for gift cards. The selection of gift cards is pretty large and ranges from amazon to stores like nike, gap, whole foods to american express and even charities. Sometimes the gift cards to on sale and you can use less swagbuck points to earn a gift card. The problem is that you need about 500 swagbucks to earn a $5 gift card. Most surveys earn 20-50 swagbucks but take about 20 minutes to complete. If you do the math, it will take you a few hours to earn $5. That is a pretty low turn around. However, if you have tons of free time or you can multitask and complete surveys while watching tv or feeding an infant this could be a beneficial way to add a few bucks here and there. Every penny counts right?

A great rewards site!

Comments about Swagbucks.com:

A great website to earn free gift cards and save money on things you get every day. I actually found this website through them.

Earning the swagbucks. Sometimes it takes a little time unless you take part in their offers from the affiliated websites or do the surveys and even then they're a little hard to get the swagbucks but once you do get them, you get quite a bit. There are still other ways to earn.

Product Selection
There are a vast amount of gift cards and real life rewards you can use your Swagbucks on!

Product Pricing
As of this writing, the $5 Amazon card is a really good price but the other cards are like 500 swagbucks for a $5 card to Starbucks so it's like pennies. You can also go for other amounts like $10, $25, or even $100.

Customer Service
I've never had to contact their customer service so I wish I knew a bit more.

Shipping and Returns
When redeeming a gift card, it's usually in the form of an e-gift and sometimes it varies. It could arrive the next day or a week or two from now.

Awesome!

Comments about Swagbucks.com:

I've been a member of Swagbucks for nearly two years and have earned over $500 in gift cards by using their site. I found Swagbucks while doing a search for legitimate work from home jobs. Not only is this site completely safe and legitimate, but you can really earn quite a bit from them over time.

The Swagbucks website is user friendly. They also have a blog, Facebook page, Twitter account, and Instagram account and they are always posting new and helpful information for their users to help them learn how to earn more swagbucks. You can also contact them anytime you have a question or concern and they usually get back to you within 24hrs.

Product Selection
They have a vast selection of gift cards to choose from in every denomination you could possibly want when you're ready to redeem your swagbucks for rewards. I usually redeem my swagbucks for Amazon gift cards, but I have also gotten other store gift cards as well and have been happy with the selection offered. There are a couple of stores I wish they offered gift cards for (Rite Aid & Lakeside), but they have most retailers covered so I'm satisfied.

Product Pricing
Each swagbuck is worth a penny so you need to earn 500 swagbucks in order to redeem for a $5 gift card. The only exception is regarding the $5 Amazon gift card which cost 450 swagbucks. I usually redeem for the $5 Amazon gift cards first since you get a slight discount.

Customer Service
The few times I've had to contact customer service to let them know I didn't receive the swagbucks I should have for a special offer or purchase I made they were quick to resolve the situation in my favor. The longest I had to wait for a response was 24hrs, which isn't bad at all.

Shipping and Returns
The gift cards are egift cards so they are delivered via email after so many business days. The only thing I don't like about Swagbucks is how long they make you wait to receive a gift card after you've redeemed your bucks. Sometimes I have to wait nearly two weeks to receive my egift card, which is silly considering they just have to send me an email with the information.

easy gift cards

Comments about Swagbucks.com:

You may question swagbucks at first i did i decided to just try to use it and see how it turns out. That was over two years ago im still using swagbucks to earn gift card. It is very easy to earn swagbucks, and when you do earn swagbucks you can turn them in for gift cards for places like amazon, walmart, target,starbucks and tons more places. In two years ive made about $80 in amazon gift cards, i have gotten stuff for free for very cheap from using gift cards. You earn swagbucks by going back to the site everyday and taking polls, watching videos, taking quick survey's and completing offers you can also get points for referring your friends to join and earn points for themselves. All around swagbucks is a real site that really pays you in gift cards for whatever place you would like. Its very easy to navigate around on and find what your looking for. I have recommend it to my family and my mother and older brother both use it and love it. If you still are questioning it i would say try it for a month or two its free and you will keep using it.

• Shipping and Returns:

Swagbucks: Is it rewarding?

Comments about Swagbucks.com:

Swagbucks has rapidly becoming more and more popular as an online earning site. Upon becoming a member; there are numerous ways in which to earn "swagbucks"--(one swagbuck=one U.S. penny)--when the level of 500 swagbucks (or $5) is reached; one can cash out for a gift card or keep the credits in their personal account and continue to earn.

This is accomplished by a wide variety of ways: searching the internet, watching videos, taking surveys, and trying special offers from a wide range of third party companies. The variety of ways in which to earn does make Swagbucks very like able---and if all avenues are explored daily; earnings can quickly add up. Even online shopping from numerous companies can ear Swagbuck credits---simply log in to your account and select the vendor you are interested in shopping. With over 100 stores aligned with Swagbucks; "Shop and Earn" is a great way to earn money.

Whenever a member decides to "cash in" his or her earnings there are also a wide variety of choices. Gift cards range from many popular places such as Amazon, Wal-mart, Target, and I-Tunes are available; as well as direct transfer to Paypal. This is just to name a few; and more may soon be added.

Communication is one area in which Swagbucks needs to work---site and reward changes are often made with limited updates to members, but this downside does seem to be slowly improving.

The Swagbucks Facebook page is extremely popular among members, who offer support, information, and also communicate with Swagbuck personnel.

Official hours for Swagbucks.com is 9 a.m.-5 p,m, (PST) M-F. Unfortunately, Swagbucks has chosen not to monitor their Facebook support board during "off hours" which leads to disruptive posts from disgruntled members, and the occasional "spammers" who look for places to post and try and persuade people to other sites. Simply supplying a monitor during off hours would greatly improve the integrity and reputation of Swagbucks support system.

Overall; Swagbucks is a very good choice for people who would like to earn extra money online. There are many ways to do so on their site; and after 7+ years in business, they continue to lead the way in the 'digital dollar' market.

Getting better!

from MI

Comments about Swagbucks.com:

In theory, I guess Swagbucks.com could be a great idea. I have a few friends who love it and use it all the time, who say that they have earned a lot of points that they have then cashed in for gift cards, etc. etc.

Well, for me, this has not really been the case. I have been a member of Swagbucks.com member for quite a few years, and I just can't quite get the hang of it. It's a little confusing to me, and I consider myself a very internet savvy person.

The idea of this site is that you earn Swag "bucks" by searching the web using their search engine, filling out surveys, signing up for various things, etc. Well, okay, but honestly, I did all of that, and it seems like a LOT of effort to earn very few points. After all this time I don't even think I have earned one single $5 gift card. If you are willing to put forth a LOT of effort, then maybe Swagbucks is for you, but I think to make it worth your while you probably need to be on the web constantly and be willing to sign up for everything, giving out a lot of personal information. So far, it's not for me.

EDIT:
10/28/14

I would like to edit my original review, and say that over the past few months I have been giving Swagbucks another chance, I even downloaded the app, and I have earned one Amazon gift card so far. No, it's not a lot, but I have been doing the daily polls on my app, and doing more internet searching using the app, which will randomly award you points. So, I have been using it more and starting to like it a little bit better. I still think that unless you are using it all day every day, there's probably not a good chance at earning TONS of points, but I do think using it here and there throughout the day does help and it's easy enough to do and earn a few points. It's basically free gift card money, so I say - why not? I will continue using it and trying to earn more points. Not bad!

Wonderful for Earning Pocket Money

Comments about Swagbucks.com:

I started using Swagbucks about 9 months ago and have made about $250 dollars worth of Amazon gift cards during that time. It is by far the best online earning site that I have joined, and I have tried several others, such as Bing. If you are the sort of person who likes to click around the internet during your spare time and complete surveys, this site is for you! Surveys are the key to good earning. They are the ones which bring in points the fastest, and some of them are extremely short. I have gotten sixty points for four minute surveys a few times in the past. I have never had any problems with being paid; they always pay, even if they make you wait a week or so for your gift card to arrive via email. My only two pet peeves about the site are that most of the special offers do not credit, and that sometimes there are slow days when you just do not qualify for any surveys no matter how hard you try. Think of it as earning a nice heap of pocket change, but do not rely on Swagbucks as a steady source of income.

Customer Service
I never tried their customer service, but they do seem to be on top of things. Many times if someone complains about not getting points on their Facebook page, etc, they will respond and try to help.

• Shipping and Returns:

I've been a member for 5 years and I love it.

from Harlingen, TX

Comments about Swagbucks.com:

In 2009 I was randomly going daily blogs when one day one blog mentioned and recommended the site. They mentioned how just by searching you can earn points and then exchange them for gift cards or PayPal. At first I was skeptical thinking it was a scam but I'm glad I tried it out. In the 5 years I've used swagbucks I've gotten over $300 worth of Amazon gift cards and about $50 in Starbucks gift cards. The site has changed a lot in the time I've used it. Mostly for the good however there are still a few glitches here and there. Swag codes aren't as good in value anymore however they are often given out a lot more. The site is good to help out in supplementing for Christmas shopping hence why I go for the Amazon gift cards. There are plenty of other prizes and gift cards on Swagbucks, pick whichever one you want. There are a few drawbacks like I've mentioned...special offers is a big one. Special offers is a way to earn swagbucks which can add up pretty quickly.Depending on the offer you complete it may or may not credit. Sometimes the wall which contains the offer will give you credit, sometimes no and then you have to contact swagbucks support to give you credit. In my experience I've found swagbucks support helpful. Trusted surveys is another good way to earn swagbucks but that also can be very frustrating. Sometimes you can almost complete a survey and then you get disqualified or over quota. Points are not earned and can be very frustrating. However when they do credit, swagbucks add up very fast. I recommend this site very highly, it's a great way to earn gift cards or cash (PayPal). Very fun too :)

• Shipping and Returns:

Great site to earn a little extra

Comments about Swagbucks.com:

I like to use swagbucks.com to earn gift cards from various vendors. It is easy, does not take much time, and as a lot to choose from to earn swagbucks. You can play games and take part in challenges or you can search for things online and view videos to earn swagbucks. Once you have earned five hundred swagbucks you can cash them in for a gift card or you can stock pile your swagbucks for a larger gift card. I have earned approximately $40.00 in giftcards in less than a month all by viewing videos or answering questions or participating in challenges. The overall concept of this site is great. It is a great way to create a little revenue by way of gift cards. I have received mainly gift cards from Walmart and use it to purchase gifts for birthdays and health and beauty products I do not want to buy with grocery money. I have used other sites similar to this and have found I really like this one the best.