Other Wines:
White Wine
Sutter Home, White Zinfandel, 2000

Sutter Home, White Zinfandel, 2000

Sutter Home, White Zin" is a good tasting wine for the price.

I do bartending for company events as well as weddings and other social events. More often than not, Sutter Home White Zinfandel is the brand of Zin that is served. It works well in a varied of social settings. The taste is sweet yet not overpowering. I think its a good value for the price and good taste for a cheaper wine. If you don't want friends to know you're serving "cheap" wine, cover the bottle and they'll never know; its that good.

You have to like VERY sweet wine! Not dry like a Chardonnay!

I've had this wine before and feel like it's meant for people who don't really care for wine all that much.  It is very sweet...there's a reason wy they call it "blush" wine in the restaurants!  it is SWEET.  almost a desert wine.  But don't order or buy it if you enjoy Chardonnays or Red Wine also.  It is NOt bad tasting, just don't expect it to relax you quickly or give you a nice light buzzwithout feeling the sweetness on your tummy first!

Tangy and good when mixed with fruit punch

from Blue Springs, MO

Comments about Sutter Home, White Zinfandel, 2000:

I grew up drinking this wine so it holds a little memory in every drink.  It has a strong flavor and an inviting light color to it.  It is deffinately cheap but its not very sweet. I would reccommend it but not strongly.  The wine drinker has to appreciate the white zinfidele taste.  I also like how the shopper can find it in just about any store.  For the drinkers that enjoy a sweet wine this goes lovely with fruit punch.

It's pretty good.

from Stroudsburg, PA

Comments about Sutter Home, White Zinfandel, 2000:

Although I am no wine connoisseur I do appreciate a good wine. I typically prefer a semi sweet to semi dry wine and I do enjoy white Zinfandel. When I want to have a glass of wine at the end of the day I enjoy a glass of sutter home. I do find that it doesn't have a good shelf life after it's open even with resealing it. If I save it for a day I can taste a sour taste. But if your having a party and will be going through alot of wine this is a good one to have. Just don't save the leftovers even if you vacuum seal.

a good can opener

from Acworth, GA

Comments about Sutter Home, White Zinfandel, 2000:

This is a basic white zin, perhaps the most mass produced besides berringer.It is made to drink ice cold so as to numb the tastebuds. It is very cheap and you can gat a 1.5L bottle for 5-6 bucks. I guess it is not bad mixed with ginger ale for a cooler.

Sutter Home-White Zinfandel-2008

from Viola, WI

Comments about Sutter Home, White Zinfandel, 2000:

I enjoy a good glass of wine but am not a connoisseur by any means.  I received this wine as a gift and even though I prefer a red wine found this one to be very pleasant.  It seemed very smooth and slightly sweet.  A warning though...it goes down so smoothly you might drink more than you intend to.   A NOTE: I drank 2008 not the 2000 as the title says...not sure if that makes a huge difference or not.

sutter homes white zinfandel is a very good wine indeed!

from Orange Park, FL

Comments about Sutter Home, White Zinfandel, 2000:

Sutter home always makes good wines.

if your looking for something that won't knock you off your feet but enchances your mood

whatever mood you may be in. this will do it.

great for dinner gatherings when serving cheese, or not serving cheese, your choice!

my husband is not a big wine drinker, but this zinfandel even he enjoyed.

it is definitely on my good wine list.

and at it's price i can afford to overboard with it.

great wine

from Wahpeton, ND

Comments about Sutter Home, White Zinfandel, 2000:

Sutter Homes White Wine is a very good white wine. It has no bite to it or after taste. I would recommend this wine to  someone that loves a sweet but not overly sweet wine. This wine goes good with a chicken dinner or turkey. It is very good for Thanksgiving.

Sutter Home, White Zin" is a good tasting wine for the price.

from Grundy, VA

Comments about Sutter Home, White Zinfandel, 2000:

You have to like VERY sweet wine! Not dry like a Chardonnay!

from Modesto, CA

Pancake syrup

from Clifton, VA

Comments about Sutter Home, White Zinfandel, 2000:

Whether, this brand or any other, white zinfandel is essentially one step above above the likes of Boones Farm and Mad Dog. This is a wine for folks who enjoy soda with a meal. If your palette has yet to mature and you still crave something sweet to drink, try a Beaujolais. It is generally light and floral, but lacks all of the overwhelming sugar.

Very Sweet; Very Popular.

from Prospect Heights, IL

Comments about Sutter Home, White Zinfandel, 2000:

I keep some around for friends that happen to like this brand.  I personally, of all the Zin's I've tried, do not.  Mostly it's because I do not like Zin wines.  The pale color and faint aroma is good for those who prefer this.  I do like the thought and fact that it 'pleases' some of my friends who are not 'strong' wine drinkers but do like a glass of wine.  It seems to please them very much.

As far that goes, it's not a bad Zin, and certainly not bad on cost.  However, I have personally, never seen it bottled in larger bottles.  I find it rather irritating that I cannot get it in larger quantities for when I have larger get togethers.  If anyone has seen it or knows, please let me know.  I would appreciate it.  I also find it a good wine to make certain punches with.  As I say, not my favorite by far, but even I will have a glass once in a while.