2.3
Other Misc. Autos:
Super Start Extreme Battery (Part # 86 EXT)

Super Start Extreme Battery (Part # 86 EXT)

2.3

Junk

from Minnesita

Pros

Cons

• Lacks Power

Comments about Super Start Extreme Battery (Part # 86 EXT):

Terrible. A Chevy dealership in Superior WI put a Super Start battery in my Chevy Impala SS. It was trouble from day one, going dead several times. The dealership refused to replace it stating it' holding a charge and there's nothing wrong with it. Today, waking up to -10F, the battery was completely dead. Frozen solid. Wouldn't even take a jump after sitting on cables for a while. Took it out bought an Optima- so far so good. The sales guy at Auto Zone laughed and said the Super Start battery had no business in my car!

never buy a super start battery from o'reiley's auto parts.

from Houma, LA

Comments about Super Start Extreme Battery (Part # 86 EXT):

O'REILEY'S AUTO PARTS DOESN'T CONSIDER A LEAKING BATTERY SOMETHING THAT SHOULD BE COVERED BY THE WARRANTY. THE BATTERY SUPPOSEDLY HAS A 7 YEAR WARRENTY ON IT (UNLESS YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT). THEY TOLD ME THAT AS LONG AS I KEEP TAKING THE BATTERY TERMINALS OFF EVERY 2 MONTHS AND CLEAN THE ACCUMULATED ACID (ABOUT THE SIZE OF A GOLF BALL), I SHOULDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM. THEY SAID THAT AS LONG AS IT HOLDS A CHARGE, IT'S NOT DEFFECTIVE. THE BATTERY IS 6 MONTHS OLD. THE BATTERY BOX WILL BE RUSTED OUT BY NEXT YEAR, BUT THEY WON'T REPLACE IT BECAUSE IT'S STILL HOLDING A CHARGE. I'VE BOUGHT ALOT OF THINGS FROM O'REILEYS FOR SEVERAL YEARS, BUT I GUESS I'LL HAVE TO START SHOPPING SOMEWHERE ELSE WHERE A WARRANTY IS A WARRANTY.

The Super Start Extreme Battery helped me through a tough winter

from Dayton, OH

Comments about Super Start Extreme Battery (Part # 86 EXT):

The **Super Start Extreme Battery** is among the **O'Reily Auto Parts** ***Super Start brand***.  I used the **[Super Start Battery Terminals][1] ** and **[Battery Terminal Protectors][2] ** when I installed the **Extreme battery** and everything has been working well together.  The **Super Start Extreme** is designed to give extra amperage for extreme cold- or hot-weather starts when connectivity is at its lowest.

I bought the **Super Start Extreme Battery **when my previous battery died.  The cold starts were getting to be too much for the old one when we had *single-digit* and *sub-zero temperatures*.  I recharged the battery several time, but opted to spend the money on a new battery after waiting in the freezing cold, while it snowed, waiting for someone to give me a jump-start.

Since I installed the **Super Start Extreme Battery**, the car hasn't even hesitated when I turn the key.  *It fires up on-time, every time*.  Additionally, the **Super Start Extreme** comes with an 84 month warranty, 3-year free replacement.  Part of the power comes from the **Super Start Extreme's** patented silver alloy plating, designed to deliver long life.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Super-Start-Epoxy-Coated-Universal-Terminals-Item-08506-review-19483
      [2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Super-Start-Battery-Terminal-Protectors-Model-01396-review-a4b35