3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

Sunsilk Anti-Flat shampoo left my hair on a high

Sunsilk Anti-Flat Shampoo brings volume to my hair.  I was lucky enough to get samples of the shampoo, conditioner, and the volumizing creme.

The shampoo is a pale...Read complete review

The shampoo is a pale yellow color and was runnier than I imagined it would be.  However, that didn't mean a thing when it came to using it.  It lathered really well on my wet hair.  It did such a good job that I didn't have to shampoo a second time.

I used the Sunsilk conditioner and volumizing cream on hair and it gave it the 'Wow' effect.  The second time I used the shampoo, I tried it will a cheap brand of conditioner, and gel.  This time my hair still looked good, but didn't look as full as using all three products.

**Final thoughts**

This shampoo would have been 5 stars if it had worked great with other products.  You really have to purchase 2 or 3 of the Sunsilk range to get the 'film star' look.

If I see it on special offer, and also have a coupon, I will purchase it.  If not I will use Roots of Nature reconstructing deep treatment.  This also gives my hair great volume.

Give me back the "Anti-Flat" formula!

Apparently the formula for Sunsilk's Anti-Flat Shampoo has been changed and Unilever has renamed it "Daring Volume" -  BOO!  The orginal volumizing formula worked wonderfully for my fine straight hair, adding body and bounce -  I loved it!!

My latest purchase of Sunsilk's color-coded bottle (yellow for volumizing) was not at all like the original formula.  I don't like the new fragrance and it certainly doesn't provide "daring volume" to my hair.  I don't like it at all and am contacting Unilever to express my displeasure with the change!!

Seems like everytime I find a volumizing shampoo that helps to add volume and body to my fine, straight hair, they change the formula and it no longer works for me!  Why can't they just LEAVE IT ALONE, introduce a new product if needed, but hey, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"!!

Was not impressed.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Sunsilk Anti Flat Daring Volume Shampoo:

I used this shampoo many years ago, and I remember not being very impressed. It did not give my hair any volume at all, which was the point of why I bought it! My hair was really flat and limp, which made it difficult to tease up, even with a heavy hairspray. My hair got oily just hours after washing. I did not end up using even half the bottle before giving it away. It smelled good. The scent really isn't describable because it does not smell like fruit or anything that I know of, but it was sweet. It did not help with my dandruff either. I remember my hair falling out more than usual and I had to unclog my shower drain. The amount of hair in my brush was gross and I had to clean it out constantly.

It does not give any volume! My hair was still limp and oily. It made styling my hair a big hassle. Teasing my hair was a nightmare and I had to backcomb it terribly hard in my bang area because it was oily.

It smelled good but it was artificial, very sweet and feminine.

Gave my hair lots of volume!

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Sunsilk Anti Flat Daring Volume Shampoo:

I read some reviews on this product and was reluctant to buy it since people really didn't seem fond of it. I used this and it gave my hair so much volume. I was very surprised and pleased with the results from this product. I usually have to use a root boosting spray before I blow dry my hair to give it more volume, but I did not have to use anything but this shampoo and my hair looked great. The volume stayed throughout the day as well. This product really worked well for my thin, fine hair and would recommend it for people looking for added volume in their hair.

I could see results from this shampoo from the first use. My hair had added moisture and volume after using this. I think this product is great for people looking to add volume and shine to your hair and it is not that expensive.

The scent was great. I thought it was too light of a scent at first, because I like to be able to smell the shampoo scent left in my hair throughout the day, but it was perfect.

This shampoo dried out my hair and did NOT give it volume!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Sunsilk Anti Flat Daring Volume Shampoo:

I am always trying to find new products to give my hair volume because it is very fine and can look limp and lifeless at times. I tried this shampoo from Sunsilk and was very disappointed. My hair is kind of dry to begin with, but this shampoo made it much worse. My ends were splitting more than usual. I had to buy a conditioner just to combat the dryness that the Sunsilk shampoo caused. I did not realize it was the shampoo until I ran out of the bottle and bought a new brand of shampoo. Also, this shampoo did not give the volume and lifts it promised. I still had limp and flat hair. This shampoo did not make my hair feel heavy, so I did not understand why it was not giving me the volume it promised. This is not a product I would recommend due to the fact that it did not work and I felt as though the company was lying about what they were trying to sell!

This shampoo was the opposite of effective. It did not give my hair any volume or lift whatsoever. Instead, it just dried out my hair and gave me worse split ends.

Sunsilk Shampoo For Shiny Hair At Last

Profile Image

from Eagle River, AK

Comments about Sunsilk Anti Flat Daring Volume Shampoo:

My husband thinks I'm a bit crazy because I can have as many as three different shampoos in our shower at any given time. I get tired of using the same shampoo time after time, and view washing my hair as a treat. I am always trying out new shampoo lines, and the Sunsilk is one that I like quite a lot.

My hair is fine, but I have a fair amount of it. I do need help to make it look fuller and achieve the style I wear, so a volumizing shampoo works best for me. I was excited to give this shampoo a try, it sounded so refreshing!

The shampoo clams to be for flat hair that needs a lift. It contains Collagen C for body and bounce, and it's biodegradable. I don't often hear about a shampoo that is biodegradable, so that's a plus.

Sunsilk Anti-Flat Daring Volume Shampoo is pretty thick and it has a wonderfully fresh scent, just as I had hoped it would. Just a dab gives me a quick head of lather, and it rinses away cleanly, leaving my hair squeaky clean but not feeling stripped.

This shampoo volumizes without leaving any build up or residue on my hair, I guess that's why they call it "Anti-Flat". It also makes my hair SHINY! I am 57 years old and am just starting to get a few gray hairs (I am lucky in that regard), but my hair has been looking much duller and I have always had shiny hair. This shampoo contains something that really brings out the shine.

This shampoo leaves my hair soft, shiny and manageable, and it won't break the bank. I couldn't ask for more!

Cleans well without stripping, doesn't build up, makes my hair shine!

A wonderful, refreshing scent, I love it.

not what i was hoping for

from Alcoa, TN

Comments about Sunsilk Anti Flat Daring Volume Shampoo:

ok so i didn't get very good results with this product; as a matter of fact., i didn't get ANY results with this product. it smelled good and i liked the commercials for the line, that's about it. i used both the shampoo and conditioner together, and basically it didn't do a thing for me. it didn't necessarily weigh my hair down, it just didn't "lift" it or add volume.in it's defense, i have ran the gamut of volumizing products and my fine hair is very hard to lift. this definitely isn't the product(s) for hair such as mine.

Even my Hairdresser Noticed A Difference!

from Escondido, CA

Comments about Sunsilk Anti Flat Daring Volume Shampoo:

I first purchased the Sunsilk products when a coupon came my way and aI continue to buy them now...which is unusual for me! I usually switch out my shampoo etc, never buying the same thing 2 times in a row. I can tell a definite benefit and difference in the volume/look of my hair using this. I do wear my hair rather short and also use the matching Volumizing Creme, but I don't use the conditioner. Even my hairdresser has asked what I am doing differently, as she noticed too!

Sunsilk Anti-flat is the only shampoo that adds bounce.

from Radford, VA

Comments about Sunsilk Anti Flat Daring Volume Shampoo:

Sunsilk Anti-flat is the best shampoo for my hair. My hair is thin and has no bounce to it. Sunsilk adds thickness and lives up to its claims. Most shampoos leave my hair looking dull and lifeless. They also make my hair appear to be dirty. In i to the dull, lifeless, dirty appearance I get from most shampoos,  I have to spray a great deal with hairspray.  With Sunsilk Anti-flat it seems that my hair is easier to style and the ton of hairspray usually needed is not longer there.

It is nice to look into the mirror and my hair has a more natural look with the fullness I want. I would highly recommend this product especially if you are on a budget. This particular product can be found on sale at your local grocer or pharmacy, and be combining sales with the many coupons offered by Helene Curtis you can get a very high quality product for a very small amount of cash. I highly recommending requesting samples also, as Helene Curtis offers samples on a regular basis.

Sunsilk Anti-Flat shampoo left my hair on a high

from New Port Richey, FL

**Final thoughts**

Sunsilk shampoo ruined my hair

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Sunsilk Anti Flat Daring Volume Shampoo:

I had seen the commercials for Sunsilk shampoo and conditioner on TV. It looked quit nice, so when I found a coupon for it I purchased a bottle of both.

After I used sunsilk shampoo and conditioner for about two weeks I noticed when I washed my hair there was more in the drain than usual. After a few more weeks I started getting clumps in my hand and my hair was getting shorter. I never even gave the shampoo a thought, so at about two months I started thinking I was sick. I went to two doctors, took the bag of hair I collected, and had a blood workup. Nothing showed up. My hair was getting thinner and also breaking off and getting shorter.

I had been on other medications for my high blood pressure and diabetes, but non of my medications had been changed in a long time. I just kept on stressing that something was wrong with me.

One day when I had lunch with my friend she asked me what type of shampoo I was using and I told her. She said "Maybe you should change shampoos". Quit honestly after she said that I felt dumb that I didn't think of it.

I was so stressed thinking it was something wrong with me it never crossed my mind, so I did change to Garniar after two shampoos my hair quite falling out. I was totally amazed. My hair is now growing back in and getting longer.

Sunsilk shampoo ruined my hair.

Sunsilk Anti Flat Daring Volume Shampoo: NO!

from Schenectady, NY

Comments about Sunsilk Anti Flat Daring Volume Shampoo:

Sunsilk Anti Flat Daring Volume Shampoo is an average shampoo. I am very surprised, though, it's still on the market. But I know that everything and everybody has some kind of follower. Now for it to still be on the market, it probably has a lot of followers, but I am not one of them. I am giving this 3 stars out of five stars because of the reasons mentioned in this review. It does clean. It does lathers well and make you feel as if your hair is getting a healthy workout. But that's all it does. It does not leave my hair with volume. It does not help my hair at all except get it clean. It makes my hair rubbery and kind of lather-feeling. It leaves my hair with a lot of frizz. It leaves my hair unmanageable, making me spend more time styling my hair than normal. I used this a few times, was very displeased it, vowed to not use it again, cleaned the bottle well, and donated it to the women's shelter. I simply couldn't deal with it anymore.