Other Car Seats:
Toddler Car Seats
Sunshine Kids
Sunshine Kids Nitro Radian XTSL Car Seat

Sunshine Kids Nitro Radian XTSL Car Seat

I own three. Best investment EVER.

from Sonora, CA

Comments about Sunshine Kids Nitro Radian XTSL Car Seat:

My kids are 4 years, 2 years and 3-months old and our 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe doesn't have a 3rd row. On top of that, our kids are extremely tall (my husband and I are both over 6' tall) so finding big enough carseats that fit three across was a nightmare. Until we found the Radian! Now we own three of them in different colors: Red, Blue and Purple. They are MUCH easier to clean than our old britax seats and the fabric doesn't attract fuzz like the baby's now-outgrown Peg Perego carrier seat did. These seats are VERY HEAVY but I see that as a benefit because the weight comes from the solid frame which provides the highest level of impact protection on the market. These are also the ONLY car seats on the market that are designed to be "braced" safely when installed rear-facing. What that means is that its actually okay to have the back of the carseat pressing or touching against the back of the vehicle's front seat. No other model can do that without seriously risking the baby's safety in an accident. Seriously! Read your Iinstallation booklet! Another thing to keep in mind: Most vehicles require the "Angle Adjuster" accessory that you have to buy separately if you plan to use this seat rear-facing (for infants). A small price to pay for my kids' safety though. Honestly the BEST carseats we've ever owned (and our car seat history has included multiple Britax and Peg Perego seats)

Ease of Installation
Easy to install using the anchors OR seatbelts. We've done both.

Child's Comfort
The only seat my 2-year-old has ever fallen asleep in. He's usually a car cryer.

Support and Safety
Best solid metal impact frame and only car seat on the market that can be safely "braced" against the vehicle's front seat when rear-facing.

Big smooth buckles...easy for parents to latch and unlatch but hard for kids!

The kids loved each picking their favorite colors.

Heavy duty construction.

• Ease of Installation:
  • Child's Comfort:
  • Support and Safety:

Three across with no issue

Comments about Sunshine Kids Nitro Radian XTSL Car Seat:

great long lasting car seat. I never used it for infants but usually started using it around a year old after they out grew the infant carrier. It is a heavy seat though so be forewarned! It wasn't too hard to install and I can fit three across in my dodge caravan!

• Ease of Installation:
  • Child's Comfort:
  • Support and Safety:

Yes, saves space

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Sunshine Kids Nitro Radian XTSL Car Seat:

What I love is that it does save space! I can easily fit two car seats and a passenger in my backseat. What I don't like, it does not recline at all in forward facing position. Also, after 2 years the material started balling and snagging. Looks bad now