3.8

3.8

Great product

from Brooke tx

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron:

I had this product for about a year and worked great. The best thing was the cord. I liked that automatic cord option because it was easy to use and put away. After having it for a while I dropped it a few times and it eventually broke. I tried looking for it at the retail stores but have not been able to find it. When I originally purchased it it was very affordable and very basic and the heating options were really good also. So I ended up purchasing another one but this product was really good and if I were to find it again I would buy it. I also would travel with it a lot and the cord option was very helpful because it wouldn't get tangled and it really did fit anywhere. It's also is not bulky and heavy which is really good it's not like the all metal kind that are very heavy this one is really light. I recommend this product to anyone.

It's very nice and classic and simple and not heavy at all which makes it an attractive product.

• Safety:

Fire hazard!!

from SmallTown, TX

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron:

I was ironing with this iron one day and it caught fire at the automatic shut-off; it was literally burning up the cord. I yelled for my husband and he came in and jerked the cord out of the wall. That happened to be the only way to get it out of the wall because the cord was on fire from the automatic shut-off to the plug. Of course electrical soot went everywhere on the white carpet along with fire embers. What a mess!!

I contacted Jarden with all pertinent information. They requested the iron and pictures of all damage. Their damage claim department denied the claim stating that the plug had been "abused-pulled out of the wall at an angle and that the automatic shut-off was gone." Of course those things happened. The cord was on fire!! We had to get it out of the wall the only way we could and the automatic shut-off was gone because that was what was on fire. But they had the iron, so they could state anything they wanted. How could I prove anything?

My only recourse was to turn to the Better Business Bureau, which I did. In response to the BBB inquiry, they offered me partial reimbursement for damages without admitting fault. I turned it down. I felt like I would be admitting I had done something wrong if I took a partial settlement. So it stands as a valid complaint with the better business bureau and I have burned and blackened carpet.

I cannot in good conscience purchase anything with the Sunbeam or Jarden name. Consumers have a right to expect that products they purchase from manufacturers will perform safely and if they don't, they they should stand behind their products. This company will not do that. Purchase at your own risk.

The Sunbeam 4214 Steam Master Iron is incredible!

from Copperas Cove, TX

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron:

I have owned my Sunbeam 4214 Steam Master Iron for several months now and I am very happy with its performance! The temperature control settings are true and I have not had any overheating or damage on any of my clothes. I have to wear dress cloths often to work, so this iron gets plenty of use. I love the retractable cord, which keeps things neat and tidy in my laundry room, since I don't have a lot of space for cords to be lying around all over the place. The cord is also long enough to reach the entire length of the ironing board. I also like the steam settings as steaming is a must for my clothes to look as crisp as I need them to look for work. This iron was very affordable and you get many features for your money. It is easy to use the steam feature while ironing and I never feel as if I don't have enough hands. This iron would make a perfect wedding shower gift! I would recommend this iron to anyone!

Durable and does the job - Sunbeam 4214 Steam Master Iron

from Southaven, MS

Comments about Sunbeam Steam Master Iron:

I guess I have a habit of buying cheap irons because I found myself replacing them regularly until I purchased a Sunbeam Steam Master Drip Free iron - Model 4214. This iron has what I consider standard heat settings - synthetic, silk, wool, cotton, and linen.

The iron weighs 3 pounds and features an auto shutoff (I just move the iron again in ironing motion to reactivate it), and it has a retractable cord. I tend to just place the cord on the ironing board that stays up so I cannot give an account on how well the "retractability" of it hold up. It is drip-free and has a non-stick sole plate. A red light indicates that it is on, a blinking light indicates that it has shut off and needs to be reactivated. I'm pleased with the amount of steam it generates and I also use it vertically to steam close I have on a hanger. It has a setting-knob for steam or water spray. I'm pleased with this product.