Other Indoor Grills & Sandwich Makers:
RG72T
Sunbeam Rocket Grill

Sunbeam Rocket Grill

This is a great item!

I've seen this items on infomercials and was rather skeptical. But just this past week I bought and used it and it is the easiet thing in the world to cook with! I have made chicken breasts, pork chops, hamburgers and steaks in it. You can grill fresh or frozen food in just minutes. Cleanup involves tossing out the parchment bag the food cooks in, that's it! The fat drains to the bottom of the bag and there are little channels that keep it away from the food. It comes with a little grilling guide so you have a handy reference to determine how long to cook fres/frozen and the varying thickness of the item. It even guides you so your steak will be medium rare or well done... however you choose!

Do not buy and turn off the infommerical!

When I first heard about this product, I was super excited. The claims: you can make dinner quickly with no clean up.  It is like a george foreman grill but on its side. You put your food into parchment bags and then the grill plates press together and cook the food. Easy and no mess.

However, when I bought the grill I was disappointed. I tried to make chicken and it was overcooked and rubbery.  You cant see your food cooking and its hard to tell when its done. The suggested times were not correct.

I tried again and burnt food. I tried again even after my friend returned hers and it was gross.

This product was returned and I will be buying a George Foreman.

Rocket Grill is a single mothers dream!

from Owings Mills, MD

Comments about Sunbeam Rocket Grill:

I have been using the RocketGrill for over a year and I love it. I can make burgers, hotdogs, porkchops, chicken, grilled vegetables; and everything comes out tasty. I am not a very good cook, but with this grill, I can do it! I like the fact that you can cook fresh or frozen, and adjust how you want your food. The cleanup is even better--just throw away the bag! No pots or pans to clean. It heats up in five minutes, and between five and ten minutes later, you have dinner for two. Hotdogs are amazing. They look and taste like they came right off the grill. I order my bags from a reputable online site, as I am unable to find them locally, but they come in a box of 36 which is great, as they do last a long time. Cleaning the machine itself is also very easy. They top comes completely off for easy wipe down. There is a drip tray in they bottom which slides out and cleans up with soap and water.

I finally had to replace my rocket grill. I still love it and use it every week.

My original one lasted several years. I hope this one lasts as long.

Put in a bag, throw the bag the way!

Choose fresh or frozen. Turn the dial, wait for the bell!!

NO MESSY CLEANUP

from Alamogordo, NM

Comments about Sunbeam Rocket Grill:

I HAVE USED THIS SUNBEAM ROCKET GRILL TO COOK STEAKS, PORK CHOPS AND HAMBURGERS.  I HAVE BEEN VERY PLEASED WITH THE WAY THE MEAT WAS COOKED.  YOU CHOOSE THE WAY YOU LIKE YOUR MEAT  COOKED AND SET THE TIMER. THE GRILL DOES THE REST.  TO CLEAN UP YOU REMOVE THE MEAT AND THE PARCHMENT BAG, TAKE THE MEAT OUT OF THE BAG AND EAT, THEN THROW THE BAG AWAY.  I HAD A FEW EASY TO CLEAN UP SPATTERS ON THE GRILL TOP COVER ONCE.  IT HAS CERTAINLY MADE MY LIFE A LOT EASIER WHEN INDOOR GRILLING.

Best Kitchen appliance I have ever owned.

from Pembroke, ME

Comments about Sunbeam Rocket Grill:

This is the best appliance I have in my kitchen.  It never leaves my counter.  I am a working mom and don't have time to worry about cooking when I get home.  There is NO cleanup, just purchasing new bags and I have used my bags 2 times each when preparing food, just dump the grease out before putting more into the bag.  We use this at least 3 times a week.... Have done everything from chicken, burgers, pork chops to steak and grilled potatoes, veggies, etc.  LOVE IT!!!!!

I love the Sunbeam Rocket Grill! Makes dinner a breeze!

from Carmel, IN

Comments about Sunbeam Rocket Grill:

My mom purchased this grill for me because my husband hates the smell of grease because of an overly sensitive nose. This is such a wonderful product! It enables me to get dinner cooked very quickly and easily. I have two little ones ages 3 and 1 so sometimes making dinner can be a challenge. I often will make turkey burgers. There is a guide that comes with the Rocket Grill and it tells you how long to set the timer for based on what you are cooking and whether or not it is a fresh product or frozen product (usually meat). You place your meat into the parchment paper pack and insert it inside the machine and within a few minutes, your dinner is cooked! It is simply that easy! The one drawback I can see are the parchment paper envelopes are somewhat expensive (I have not yet run out to see how difficult they are to buy) so this is probably not the most economical or green way to cook. However, there is no turning anything over and in the bottom of the parchment bag there is usually grease, so it is also a healthier way to eat.

what did i do wrong!?

from Ozark, AL

Comments about Sunbeam Rocket Grill:

I got my Rocket Gril last week with 72 parchement bags-and presto-NO cookbook; so I got on google and got the time for frozen chicken breast and loaded it up with two thin sliced breasts..and popped the thing on to pre heat 2 minutes-then 7-8 minutes...and whalla-the thing was STUCK-the grill was stuck inside it! So i googled-trouble shooting and it said RE HEAT it 2 minutes and when it cools it should -work..ok so it did and Yes the metal grill went back to position-opened HOWEVER; when i went to remove the bag the thing had fallen apart-and ONLY one breast remained--now I was baffled-so I trouble shooted into Google again-and learned to remove the side-shelf-and when it had cooled I could NOT see or shake out the other breast! So i finally was able to stick my fingers into the thing-y and peeled piece by piece that breast had fallen down and wedged itself under the bottom Inner plate-YUCK. I tried to clean it the best i could-and wow was SO mad. I will give it 30 days and see-but was not very impressed at all. I sure hope -i get a better second shot-but if it does this it will be messy and NOT very sanitary. Well the nurse in me wonders...if anyone else has had this problem right outta the box?

Frequently used appliance

from Springdale, AR

Comments about Sunbeam Rocket Grill:

I had a Sunbeam grill (like a George Foreman grill) and uses a little. I bought this rocket grill over a year and so I won the grill for another person. The cooking time indicated on the map that to the power of rocket is long enough for me. I like my steaks and chops from the combustion, so I will a 3 / 4 cook - 1 steak 11-12 minutes. Well done, but not quite go to shoe leather .After all this time I had a flight bag and that was because the meat was not done very well and I use again the same bag on the rack instead of using a new bag. It was for the hand to clean the grill plates perfectly cold.Sometimes spraying a little juice in the food industry, collected from my dog. She likes the special treatment.I do not think you will be disappointed if you buy this item.

What did I ever do before I bought this?????

from Vero Beach, FL

Comments about Sunbeam Rocket Grill:

The Sunbeam Rocket Grill has totally changed the way that I eat and cook. I now cook healthier, faster meals than ever before. I live alone and the Rocket Grill is fantastic. Toast, bagels and chicken breasts are just some of the things that I make. I use my Sunbeam Rocket Grill several times a day. What a way to make a meal with very little clean up. I know that the meat that I cook has less fat and is now healthier for me. Easy to use and compact. I couldn't be happier.

Incredible indoor grill!

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Sunbeam Rocket Grill:

We received our Rocket Grill as a gift about three years ago from my father. He had one and thought it'd be good for us to have one since we're apartment dwellers and cannot have a grill. I'm very happy with our Rocket Grill! We use ours mostly for steaks (they cook in just five minutes), but we also grill chicken and pork too. I absolutely love that there's no clean up involved. You just put your meat in the one time use bags and after cooking, you throw them out. All of the juices are collected in the bottom of the bag. Some people complain about having to purchase the replacement bags, but if you purchase the item to begin with, you should expect that you'll have to buy more over time. I get mine when I see them on sale, or I check eBay. There are ways to get *everything* cheaper of course. The Rocket Grill is safe to use around children because the grilling plates are on the inside of the appliance (compared to other grills where the hot parts are easily accessible to curious hands).

I highly recommend the Rocket Grill to anyone who's looking for a fast and easy alternative to a messy grill.

Perfect for busy moms

from Tulsa, OK

Comments about Sunbeam Rocket Grill:

Whoever invented this is a genius.  The price is right!  The steaks (from frozen) come out really juicy.  Everything cooks so quickly and I wouldn't be without it.  This Rocket Grill has saved me so many times. I have had to exchange it once because it just quit on me for no reason.

the rocket grill is faster than a speeding rocket

from Pensacola, FL

Comments about Sunbeam Rocket Grill:

The rocket grill is the fastest way I know of to cook raw or frozen meat and veggies.  Most of the cooking times are between 5 and 8 minutes.  The food is healthier because the grease drips to the bottom of the parchment bag.  If the speed isn't great enough, I've also noticed much less smell in the kitchen as opposed to using the oven or the stove, which is something I appreciate as I hate the smell of beef cooking.  I haven't even started using the recipe book, I've just been experimenting with different things and everything turns out great.  I've made sandwich melts, mixed vegetables, grilled chicken and smores without instructions and in less time than it would take in the microwave.  Grilled cheese sandwiches taste grilled and crispy as opposed to tasting like rubber in the microwave.  My only complaint is the cost of the replacement parchment bags.  I've heard you can make your own with wax paper but I don't have time for that.