3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Perfect heat for a small room.

The Sunbeam tower quartz heater is not the first quartz heater I have purchased.  There have been quite a few Holmes brand that have been worn out by my husband and myself over the years.  I believe Sunbeam bought out Holmes, because the Sunbeam I have now looks almost exactly like the Holmes I had last year.

This is a space heater; and not meant as a main heat source.  It is powerful enough to heat a small room like a bathroom or bedroom; and is not meant to be left on unattended for any length of time.  This is stated plainly in the owner's manual.

I use the heater in my bathroom, which has no heat source.  We can't leave the door open to this room as my cat has a tendency to "mark" items when he gets in this room.  The Sunbeam quartz heater will heat the room fairly quickly.  I usually turn it on about an hour before I go in to take my shower.  Setting the themostat at about the half way point is usually sufficient to get the room warm enough.  On very cold nights, I have to turn it on a little sooner.

I like the automatic shut off if the heater gets turned over.  This can prevent fires if the heater gets knocked over accidentally.  I also like the over heating shut off and the fact that you can reset the heater after it cools off.  This also prevents fires from a malfunctioning heater.

I would like for the manufacturer to change one thing about this heater.  The carry handle is not inset deep enough to get a good grip.  This make it awkward to carry if the heater is hot.

If you are looking for a protable heater for a small room, you can't beat the Sunbeam tower quartz.  If you need to heat a large room, you would be better off with a kerosene heater.

A FIRE HAZARD!!!!!!

This was a great product for about a year than..... I owned 2 of these for 2 years. I stowed them away for the summer and brought them out once more for our second winter. The first one melted the wires in our walls knocking out all electricity. It caused massive damage that costed thousands. Our walls had to be knocked down, the wires replaced and then the walls replaced. Of course it fried the heater as well . Not knowing that the heater was the cause we kept using the other one. This heater caught the plug in on fire. Needless to say we no longer use this type of heater. Please!!!!!! do not use this heater. It is a crying shame that this thing is still on the market!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It broke itself as well as our belongings!

Yeah it was easy to use ,but not worth it.

It broke!!! Need I say more.

The design is unsafe around children.

FIRE HAZARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heats very well!

Comments about Sunbeam Portable Quartz Tower Heater:

Overall I would say this heater can warm a decent size area very well and is very easy to use.

This heater works great! We live in the south and generally only have to depend on our gas heater for warmth. Well we surprising received some unexpected snow and were very low on gas. So we borrowed this heater to use instead of the gas heater. We were pleasantly surprised that this heater easily kept it warm and comfy in our home. Our living room opens into the kitchen and two hallways, we used the heater in there, so I was worried the heater wouldn't help much. But it easily kept us all warm and cozy.

I really like how easy this heater is to use. It has two dials, one for the thermostat and one for power/low high settings. The thermostat has ten settings and this really helps to determine the right one you want to use to keep your room at the appropriate temperature. It's as simple as turning a dial to 1 ( low ) or 2 ( high ) and then turning the thermostat dial to the desired setting.

Safety
I am undecided about the safety of this heater. I have not had any bad experiences with it myself. But since I am wary of using space heaters, I unplugged it at night or when we were not around to keep an eye on it. But as far as I can tell it seems to be safe to use.

So warm and comforting

Comments about Sunbeam Portable Quartz Tower Heater:

When I first saw this space heater, it was on display at a store. I could feel the heat radiating from it from 10 feet away. That's what made me want to buy it. Heating costs are very expensive these days and sometimes all you need is to heat a small area. I purchased this to use during extremely cold days. It worked great. I didn't even need to turn on the house heater when I had this on. It will completely warm up an entire room. It has several different heat levels that you can choose from. I never had to put it on the highest level. It was warm enough at mid-high range. You're not supposed to lay close to it but I would take a nap 6 feet away and feel toasty and comfortable the entire time. I think it's great for single people or people who cannot afford general heating costs. Now that I have children, I am too afraid to use it because I wouldn't want my toddler getting too close. If you could find a safe area to place it that is beyond a toddler's reach, then it could probably still be used around children.

Very simple. Just plug it it, adjust heat level, and enjoy!

Safety
It gets really hot so you may want to reconsider having this around small children.

• Safety:

Our central heat went out!

Comments about Sunbeam Portable Quartz Tower Heater:

Right in the middle of the ridiculous cold snap, our heater decided it had done all it can do and it was done. I've got a husband, a 12 year old, 3 dogs, and a cat. We were freezing. I called the a/c heater repair company but they weren't going to be able to come out till the next day. I bought a few of these heaters so we wouldn't freeze to death while we waited.
We made a big pallet in the middle of the living room floor and I placed these heaters around us. THEY WORKED WONDERFUL!!! I was so worried that even with the heaters we would be so cold. But it got so warm with the heaters I ended up having to turn them all down. These heaters will keep you warm and toasty!

Very effective!

Extremely easy...you literally just plug it in and turn the knob.

It's a heater....not the most beautiful but it certainly is efficient!

• Safety:

Excellent heater for the price. Very good craftsmanship.

Comments about Sunbeam Portable Quartz Tower Heater:

I purchased this space heater two months ago when the temperatures started dropping dramatically & I needed to cut the cost of my house oil heating bill with the help of a space heater. Well, was I presently surprised by the quartz heater! It's the perfect height as it warms up my knees so well when I stand upright in front of it & it fills a large room in my house with heat in under ten minutes. My heating bill has been slashed!

The heater radiates a good amount of heat & consistently heats up the rooms quickly.

Simple thermostat & 2 levels of heat, low & high. Very easy to operate.

I've knocked it over by accident twice & no interruptions occurred in the output of heat.

Beautiful craftsmanship & attractive design, with lovely heated lamps that burn bright in the dark.

Safety
I have kittens & they're safe because the little holes in the grate over the bulbs have very tiny holes in it, so my kittens can't fit their paws through the grate.

• Safety:

The little heaters that can.

Comments about Sunbeam Portable Quartz Tower Heater:

Our electric furnace went out in our mobile home and these heaters have been life savers. They do have to run frequently and they're a little noisy at first, but they definitely get our small home heated to a comfortable 60-65 degrees which is much better than the 15 degree temperatures outside.

It takes these heaters a while to warm up but once they do and you leave them running, your room gets nice and toasty in a short amount of time. I also enjoy that you can set the thermostat on them to a temperature that is more comfortable.

These are extremely easy to you. You simply plug them in and turn them on. You can also change the mode or turn the desired temperature up and down with just the press of one or two buttons. It also has a small digital read out.

They are extremely light and made out of some cheap material. I don't do anything destructive to them but I can tell right away that any dropping or knocking over may dent them or damage them. They just appear to be cheaply made and not so durable.

I like the design on these personally as far as aesthetics go but you can't have anything within three feet of these heaters on any side. It makes it difficult to place them anywhere because something is always a little closer than three feet, even if it's small.

Safety
I haven't had any bad encounters with these myself. They are easy to use but I can say sometimes when I got to unplug them before leaving home, the cord feels warm or even hot so I can tell it has the ability to overheat. They do have a nice safety feature on them as to cutting off if they are getting too hot and I have seen my heater do this. Additionally they have a tip over turnoff that I have seen firsthand work. If you bump, move, or tip over the heater it turns off automatically. One feature I do not like is the metal handle on the front. It's designed to make it easy to move this heater but it will burn you severely if the heater has been running and you touch or bump the bar. It should have been placed out further or higher to avoid it getting as hot.

warm safe heater

Comments about Sunbeam Portable Quartz Tower Heater:

I really enjoy the ease in use with this heater. It heats up very quickly and is effective. I also love the fact that it has safety functions since I have two children in my home. If it is tipped or falls over it shuts off. Very safe for my children! I use this heater all over my home. In my living room, bedroom, and bathroom. My electric bill doesn't change much from use! I love my heater so much that I suggested to a few other people that they should buy. After my advice my mother has bought one and became a believer! I also used to babysit for a woman who bought one and it heated half of her mobile home. I have also bought other sunbeam products in the past and really trust this company. It is a great great product! I look forward to many more years of using my heater.

Works very well and is very warm!

Very easy controls

Has lasted me about two years already and still going

I like the way it looks

Safety
love the fact that if it gets tipped or falls over it shuts off.

Amazing at first.

Comments about Sunbeam Portable Quartz Tower Heater:

My bedroom is in the garage, which has no heat. So at first I used this heater, and I had to turn it all the way up at first, but then it gradually would heat up the entire garage. It worked really well until one day it stopped working. I realized that the cord had caught on fire because the plastic was melted. I would recommend this to people who need to heat up a smaller room and leave the heat lower.

Very good product

Comments about Sunbeam Portable Quartz Tower Heater:

Love this heater! Makes winter a lot better!

This heater works really well and works fast.

This product is very easy to use.

I love the design! It looks amazing in any room!

Safety
This is very safe. Just be smart and know not to put it near water or it could ruin the heater.

Not recommended

Comments about Sunbeam Portable Quartz Tower Heater:

This produce is a disappointment. Had this been the first one I purchased, i would have thought it was defective. It turned on and warmed up the room nicely, but it has its own thermostat evidently and then it shuts itself off. According to the directions it is supposed to cycle on and off. It never came back on. When that happens you are supposed to unplug it for 30 min. then turn it back on. When you are trying to warm a room up, you don't really want to wait another 30 min. It is also supposed to be for large rooms, but I have to questions what they consider a large room. Full disclosure, after I opened it up and this happened, i said to myself, "you idiot you bought this exact same unit a year ago and the same thing happened." I took that one back and this one is going back today. Evidently the packaging sucked me in, but don't you be fooled. Try another type of portable heater because this one just doesn't cut it.

turns off and doesn't come back on until you unplug it and let it cool off for 30 min.

• Safety:

Do not bother getting this.

Comments about Sunbeam Portable Quartz Tower Heater:

This was the first heater I got for my dorms and it is not worth buying. It is definitely a fire hazard; I had it away from my bed but anything else that was around it (I had it near my desk) was scorched/melted. I am glad I did not have it near a dresser since it probably would have set any perfumes or hair spray on fire. Beware.