Other Mixers:

Sunbeam Mixmaster Stand Mixer

Pros

Cons

Great little mixer - Perfect for every day

My mother had a Sunbeam MixMaster that she got as a wedding present, she used it for 30+ years before she finally replaced it with a Kitchen Aid.  I purchased one when I got married in 1999 and am still using it, I purchased a Kitchen Aid recently but I am not giving up my Sunbeam because I love it for small batches.   Single cookie batches, cake mix... it's perfect for!  It's very dependable, easy to use and lightweight.  My kitchen aid weighs a ton, so sometimes I'm hesitant to use it just because I have to lug it out and set it up... the Sunbeam is light and I can easily pull it out and set it up without injuring my back.   This mixer is perfect for your everyday simple uses... it can't handle large batters or double recipes of things - if you want to do that then go get a Kitchen Aid.  But if you're just an at-home cook that likes to make cake and cookies occasionally... then go for the Sunbeam.  No need to waste money on a Kitchen Aid that's likely larger than you even need. The MixMaster comes with 2 size glass bowls, a small bowl for mixing fillings or frostings and a large bowl for your regular batter/mix.  It also has bread hook beaters and regular 4 prong beaters.  Very simple controls and like I said, extremely dependable.  You just can't beat a Sunbeam.

Sunbeam Stand Mixer works for small/light foods

I wanted a stand mixer for sooo long! Then my husband and children surprised me with one...but it was a Sunbeam. I must admit I was a little bit disappointed it wasn't THE mixer I wanted, but it has served its purpose over the past 5+ years, although not perfectly! If you are on a budget, then this will work fine for you, but IF you can save up the difference and get the other brand, I'd go ahead and do that. Pros of this mixer: it comes with two bowls, large and medium. It comes with two sets of mixing utensils...bread and regular mixers. Mine has been used on cookie dough, bread dough eggs, cream pie fillings and more. It's lasted this long. It's never over heated or broken down. Cons: Nothing holds the bowls down (they don't lock on) so the bowls sometimes start to tip off the base. I have to manually scrape the sides as the beaters don't get close enough. The button to lower and raise the 'body' of the mixer is difficult for me to push and my younger daughters can not push it at all. The button to release the beaters is difficult to push and once again, my daughters can't push it at all. I gave it a 3 because I really haven't had any PROBLEMS with it, but I'm just not HAPPY with it!

Great for beginners / part-time users

Comments about Sunbeam Mixmaster Stand Mixer:

Overall, this product serves it's function. The three optional mixer attachments make this a versatile product for your average/everyday use (cake batter, mashed potatoes, etc) and the two bowl sizes work well for small and large projects, alike. However, I do not think this product would be a perfect fit for more experienced users who plan to use this product often or for more complicated tasks, such as bread making. I did not have success making dough from this mixer, however I use this product at least 2-3 times a week for batters, mixes for quiches, mashed potatoes and it works and cleans up great!

Mixing Performance
Great for everyday cooking - Not so great for more "powerful" tasks.

Extremely easy to clean. Detaches easily and bowls / tools are dishwasher safe!

Simple 10-speed dial makes this mixer the easiest to use!

The turntable concept doesn't turn well when the mixer has to struggle, but once you help it along, it does great!

• Mixing Performance:

This is the best mixer for the money.

Comments about Sunbeam Mixmaster Stand Mixer:

I have found that this Sunbeam mixer works very well. It is much more affordable than some of the mixers out there, but it does an excellent job mixing cookie dough, mash potatoes, and cake mixes.

Mixing Performance
This mixer has made baking cookies a breeze. It easily mixes chocolate chip cookie dough. I have also loved it for making mashed potatoes. I have not used it to knead bread dough, but it comes with the kneaders,

The bowl is dishwasher safe and the rest of the mixer can be wiped down with a damp cloth.

Just place the beaters in the mixer and place the bowl underneath. Turn it on and adjust speed. I usually start the mixer and then measure different ingredients..

The appliance is not as heavy as some other counter top mixers.

I have had my mixer for fifteen years and I have used it a lot. The only issue I had with it was when a young girl I was cooking with tried to remove the top. It did not want to go back together. However, I eventually got it back together and placed a "Do not take off base" sticker on the top. The mixer has been just wonderful!

• Mixing Performance:

My "go to" mixer for muffin and cake batter

Comments about Sunbeam Mixmaster Stand Mixer:

My Sunbeam Mixmaster Stand Mixer is a reliable, smaller lightweight mixer that is my "go to mixer" when I do not want to haul out my heavier KitchenAid stand mixer. This mixer is ideal for making cake and muffin batter. First, I love the sturdy glass bowl. The sides of the bowl always scrape down very nicely with a rubber spatula and the sides of the bowl are high enough so that I can add all of the wet ingredients and dry ingredients and then turn on the mixer. All of the ingredients stay in the bowl. Second, there beaters are easy to attach to the mixer head. It is very clear how to line them up and attach them to the mixer. Finally, this mixer is very easy to operate and it is very easy to clean. Overall, I am very impressed with the Sunbeam Mixmaster Stand Mixer. I highly recommend this mixer if you want to have a reliable, lightweight mixer option available in your kitchen.

• Mixing Performance:

Quality mixer for the average user.

from Sioux Falls, SD

Comments about Sunbeam Mixmaster Stand Mixer:

My sunbeam mixer has been good for me so far. I don't use it overly much. Mostly for mixing cake batters and such. I have the dough hooks and they work ok, though for making doughs I still prefer to mix by hand. I would say this is more for someone who only needs a mixer occasionally as it doesn't come with many bells and whistles.

• Mixing Performance:

Not for the bread makers.

from 331025331

Comments about Sunbeam Mixmaster Stand Mixer:

This review is for the Sunbeam Mixmaster Heritage Series Stand mixer.

I purchased this model over one year ago.  It is advertised as the all use stand mixed.  Good for chores from light mixing to bread kneading.  I purchased it primarily for bread kneading.

During the time since purchase, the mixer has performed wonderfully for most chores.

However, it is totally inadequate for bread kneading.  The power needed for kneading is not there.  After kneading for 4 minutes the motor becomes hot.  The bowl attachment system is totally inadequate for kneading.  The kneading action loosens the bowl requiring the operator to hold the bowl in place or it will disengage and fall out of the retaining system.

In conclusion, if you need a stand mixer for chores other than bread kneading this machine should perform satisfactorily.  However, if you are a bread maker, DO NOT purchase this machine.  I recommend purchasing a stand mixer that securely locks the bowl into a stationary position with the mixing head rotating during the kneading process.

Good for someone that needs a mixer now and then/not everyday

from La Pine, OR

Comments about Sunbeam Mixmaster Stand Mixer:

Good for the average person that does an average amount of use of a kitchen mixer. It mixes well, whisks well, dough hooks work well, if the dough is not to thick otherwise the machine can move on counter. Helps to put a silcone baking bad beneath mixer to keep it from moving when using dough hooks.
If you need a mixer allot, as in a daily basis, I would look for a heavier duty model. That being said, most of us will do just fine with this model. The model Mom use to have when we grew up

Best mixer ever

from Murfreesboro, TN

Comments about Sunbeam Mixmaster Stand Mixer:

I have a Sunbeam Mix Master which was given to me by my mother in 1980. It is 31 years old and until yesterday, worked as good as the first time Iused it. I guess after 31 years, it's ready for retirement. I'll be getting another mixer this week, and without a doubt, it will be another Sunbeam! My mother still uses her mixer, and I'm guessing it's over 40 years old. I have a small hand held mixer which I received as a wedding gift in 1984, and I use it almost weekly. It's still running just fine. THANK YOU, SUNBEAM for producing QUALITY PRODUCTS that last!!! They truly are the best.

Sunbeam doesn't hold up

from Shelby, NC

Comments about Sunbeam Mixmaster Stand Mixer:

I was in desperate need of a new mixer for making wedding/birthday cakes so I purchased the Sunbeam Stand mixer. I choose the Sunbeam because the price was so affordable compared to other stand mixers. The sunbeam mixer was great at first because I could have my hands free while the ckae batter or icing was mixing. It is great for making cake batter and did a great job on the icing as well. The bowls fit together so it is easy to store this mixer under the cabinets so it is not always sitting on the counter. The Sunbeam mixer is also super easy to clean. The Sunbeam mixer does have a limited ammount of attachments compared to other stand mixers. After uusing the Sunbeam stand mixer for about six months the moter burned up and rendered my mixer useless. So I think after all is said and done I would have been better off purchasing a more expensive stand mixer the first time around.

Sunbeam is a good buy

from Mountain City, TN

Comments about Sunbeam Mixmaster Stand Mixer:

I have had my Sunbeam Mixmaster for a couple of years now and after a lot of use, it has held up very well and I have no complaints. It is powerful enough for what ever I mix, it is easy to keep clean and the parts haven't failed me yet, as opposed to some other brands I have had in the past so I would definitely buy another should this eventually fail. Please note that I use my mixer a lot and put it through a lot of abuse so it really got tested in my kitchen. I do prefer this over a hand mixer due to an injured shoulder. I do not keep this mixer on the counter top, but I would if I had the room, as it is attractive enough. I usually do not like white appliances due to the yellowing age process they tend to go through, but this has yet to happen so that is a pleasant surprise.

Sunbeam Mixmaster Heritage Series

from Waukegan, IL

Comments about Sunbeam Mixmaster Stand Mixer:

I love to bake, but when I was younger and lived with my parents, I did all my mixing by hand. My mother's stand mixer was hard to get in and out of the cupboard and it was so loud! But when I got married I figured I should probably at least register for a mixer since I might find I needed one in the future. I received the Sunbeam Mixmaster--Heritage Series and am glad that I gave stand mixers another shot.

The thing that struck me most is that it is quiet. I can run it while my kids are napping and not worry that I will wake them up. The beaters and bowls are sturdy. The top locks in place so you can pick it up without the base dropping, making it a lot easier to pull in and out of the cupboard. It has 12 speeds so you can adjust depending on what type of work you are doing. Mine included two mixing bowls, standard beaters, and dough hooks.

There are a few cons to this machine. It is quite heavy. The button to unlock and swing the top of is really hard to push in (it's a little looser now, but it originally took two hands for me to depress the button). I don't feel like it's really powerful enough to knead dough with, although I only tried it for that purpose one time.