Other Irons:
Sunbeam

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Sunbeam Jarden 4367 Iron is a great iron for the price.

I purchased the Sunbeam Jarden 4267 iron after my more expensive iron quit working after about ten years. I have to admit, it works almost as well as my iron that was almost triple the price. It is not quite as nice but I am happy with this iron. It heats up quickly and easily removes wrinkles. The temperature settings are accurate and easy to figure out. It also produces an even amount of steam and does not leak water on my clothes. I also appreciate the design of the iron--it is lightweight and easy to hold and use. This iron works great and gets the job done. I hope this iron continues to work well and last just as long if not longer than my previous iron. I would recommend this iron to a friend and am pleased with this product.

Sunbeam Jarden Iron

I am kinda 50 - 50 with this iron box to be honest. Sometimes I feel it does a good job an occasional great cripsy clean ironing but sometimes I just feel I am doing again and again on teh same area and it doesn't budge . Everyone seems to be very happy about this iron from what I see from other reviwers.

I love the amount of steam but if you don't use it for a period of time and them suddenly one day you try to use brown steam comes out it . yes you heard me brown steam. I think it was because of a some muck or rust built up or something. Whatever it runed my husband's white shirt and I got earful as well. But I guess for teh given price it does a decent job. I think I should blame my dryer and spinner for shrinking teh clothes badly

Basic iron that will meet your needs.

Comments about Sunbeam Jarden Iron:

I have a habit of burning through irons. I lose them, leave them behind, have a kid chew threw the power cord, the usual. I bought the Sunbeam Jarden 4267 Iron as an inexpensive replacement for another Sunbeam model that I hated. Why stick with Sunbeam you ask? I had to give it a try after reading all the positive reviews. I have to say that I agree with them completely! This is a no frills iron, but it has adjustable heat settings, and they appear to correlate with a change in temperature. It heats up relatively quickly, and evenly, I don't find myself searching out the hot spot on the plate. The steam feature works nicely, and does not leak which is a problem I have had with other Sunbeam irons. Overall I give this iron a 9, it is an inexpensive option, that gives a great press. The only reason it did not get a ten is because some of the bells and whistles that it doesn't offer.

good reliable iron

Comments about Sunbeam Jarden Iron:

The Sunbeam iron is very basic and affordable. However, it is a very reliable iron. I have had mine for three years now and have had no issues with it working.

The Sunbeam iron does a good job at getting wrinkles out of shirts. It is also great for helping to smooth out fabric and press hems for sewing. I have used it for multiple years, and use it weekly, and it has never had any issues. There are multiple heat and usage settings for all my needs.
I have used it weekly now for three years; it is very reliable at getting wrinkles out of shirts and pressing pants. I also use it for ironing fabric for my crafting needs.

Safety
The Sunbeam Iron features an auto shut off if left on and not actively used for over a half hour. This is a great feature to have.

The iron came with a cleaning cloth. The cloth allows for easily maintaining the cleanliness of the iron.

The iron is very easy to use. It takes minimal time to heat up. It has settings for almost all your ironing needs, and the iron is clearly labeled to take the guess work out of what setting you should pick.

Love this product!

from La Crescenta, CA

Comments about Sunbeam Jarden Iron:

I am aware that this may not be the best iron out there, but for me it does just fine. As I am used to using an outdated iron, this one is far better by comparison. It smoothes out clothes and de-wrinkles them in an efficient manner. I also find that it does not take very long for the device to heat up, as it did with my other old-fashioned one. I would say that the temperature settings are quite accurate and I find this iron easy to operate. Another plus with this model is that it is very lightweight, which makes ironing clothes all the more easy. Also, I can complete ironing a batch of clothes in half the time it took me to do so with my older model. I find that for the average person looking to simply iron their clothes, this will certainly do the job. I do not think that a particularly fancy iron is necessary. Save your money and purchase this model- you will not be disappointed!

The best you could get

Comments about Sunbeam Jarden Iron:

I bought this Sunbeam Jarden from amazon, and what a product to buy...I would rate it as the best in its class because of the ease of cleaning and design. It seduces you with its great design and also performs extremely well with all sorts of clothes. You don't have to worry whether it is silk or cotton or anything the fabric always remains very good after using this iron. You will not have to worry about the softness , color or any other thing while using it. It is also very light weight so the ironing experience becomes more enjoyable than before. The controls given are very understandable and I must say that this iron can be operated by anybody. Since I have purchased this iron I am doing my laundry and iron very often, as it gives you a reason to enjoy that boring work. The electricity consumption is also less compared to same type of other products. Overall it deserves a great rating which I am giving it.

Functional

Comments about Sunbeam Jarden Iron:

I bought the Sunbeam Jarden Iron to use while I was away at school. I bought it mainly because of its affordable price. I also liked its sleek, blue design. Over the years, I would say that this iron gets the job done. You simply fill it up with water, choose the setting you like (or leave it on cotton like I did most of the time), plug it in and iron away. After using it for a while, I found that this iron does not have as many as you would expect or like -- especially for finer linens. That is the real downside. I think that if I were to purchase another iron I would pay a bit more money for a nicer one -- one that has more options, that is easier to use (irons smoothly) and that is less clunky. But at the time the Sunbeam Jarden Iron did what I needed it to do. It was simply functional. I never had any problems with it other than that it could not iron certain shirts of mine. I would recommend it to someone who is not looking for anything fancy.

Great for the price

from Greer, SC

Comments about Sunbeam Jarden Iron:

We received this iron as a wedding present. We love this iron. In a day and age when saving every penny counts it is so nice to have an iron like this. My husband works at a company where he has to where dress clothes everyday. We also dress up for Sunday. That can add up to a lot of money at the dry cleaners. I stay home with our children so we're not exactly made of money. Dry cleaning is definitely one area we can do without spending on. The iron has accurate heat settings, heats up in record time, and gets the wrinkles out quickly and easily. My husband has nice crisp shirts and pants to where to work and we don't have to break the break to keep him looking nice. We have really enjoyed having this iron around. I think that it is just as good as some of the more expensive irons and it's really a fraction of the price. Would recommend this iron to a family on a budget or just people wanting cut down on some costs.

Awesome!

Comments about Sunbeam Jarden Iron:

If you are a college student, you are strap for cash, and need a very inexpensive but highly effective iron, the sunbeam is just for you! I have purchased this item when I moved into my graduate dorm. I didn't see any irons available except for this one, so I might as well give it a shot. To my surprise, this works very well. It heats up pretty quickly so if you are in a hurry like me most of the time, you don't have to worry. This baby really got my clothes super straight without any creases or folds resurfacing. It does an excellent job of not spilling over when you fill the iron with water. It's perfect! I have had this iron for quite some time, so you don't have to worry about it breaking down anytime soon. The settings are simple and you can easily wrap the cord around and tuck it away. I highly recommend this iron. You would not have to worry about purchasing any of its kind again!

Love the Sunbeam iron

from Roanoke, VA

Comments about Sunbeam Jarden Iron:

I love the Sunbeam Jarden iron. I think that it works great for light duty or even heavy ironing. I don't use the iron every day of the week, but I think this iron would be fine for daily use. It is lighter weight, so if you are used to an iron's weight helping get rid of the wrinkles then you would have to use more elbow grease with this iron. Sometimes a lighter weight iron is good but sometimes a heavier iron is better if you can manage it. I think Sunbeam makes good irons and would highly recommend this one. Mine has held up very well for quite awhile now. This iron rates very highly against the more expensive irons out there.

I have never had to clean my iron but I would say this one would be very easy to clean.

This iron is very easy to use and handle. It would be a good iron for an older person because of that. It's settings and functions are easy to adjust and understand.

Sunbeam irons are very durable! I would highly recommend trying one. Mine has held up very well.

Easy and cheap

from Edina, MN

Comments about Sunbeam Jarden Iron:

I have had a few irons in my home over the years of all prices, but the Sunbeam Jarden 4267 Iron has worked great for me. It comes at a great price you can't beat and works as well or better than expected. I am not a huge ironer, so most of the clothes I buy do not need to be ironed. However, there are certain items and occasions you need your clothes pressed to perfection. The Sunbeam does a great job. I can regulate the temperature, yet it does not give me so many choices that I can't decide. There is a great low heat and high and an in between. I have some clothes that are very delicate and on low heat they have not been damaged.

Sunbeam does the job and its simple to use.

Safety
As safe as any other iron. You do need to be careful. I burn from any iron is dangerous.

Super easy to clean. It is a simple product.

Very easy to use and provides just what you need.

Mine has lasted for at least a year so far.

The Sunbeam Jarden 4267 Iron Will Make Your Clothes Look Nice

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Sunbeam Jarden Iron:

The Sunbeam Jarden 4267 Iron is a favorite of mine. I needed another iron and found this one. I like to iron my clothes a couple times a week. This iron is simple to use and does a marvelous job. It heats up fast and the setting choices are great. I have a lot of shirts and tops that wrinkle easily. This iron removes the wrinkles in a flash. The steam feature is very helpful. I like using this iron on my fancy dresses and skirts. It does a really good job of pressing my pants and suits as well. My clothes look like new when I am done. I use this iron on all sorts of material. I think it works best on cotton, polyester and rayon. The construction of this iron is sturdy. It will be around my house for years. I think the color and design is sleek looking. The size of this iron is perfect for traveling. It will fit into a small suitcase. This iron works so well that I rarely use starch. This iron is safe and easy to clean. I like the price of it too. I was able to purchase it on sale. I highly recommend the “Sunbeam Jarden 4267 Iron”.