3.7
Sunbeam Heritage Series Single Motor Stand Mixer 2354

Sunbeam Heritage Series Single Motor Stand Mixer 2354

3.7

Fairly powerful for mixing

If you don't want to spend the high price of some of the other mixers then this is the one for you. It is easy to work with, comes with unbreakable bowls, and has an adjustable platform for size of the bowl you are using. The large bowl easily holds a double or even in some cases a triple recipe.

Mixing Performance
This mixes well even with stiff bread and cookie doughs. It does not have the pointed center of some bowls yet still clears the bottom of the bowl and mixes ingredients well

The mixer stand, bowls, and beaters are all easy to clean. There is no raised point in the bottom of the bowl which makes it much easier to clean. The beaters are separate allowing you to get in all the little crevices for ease of cleaning.

The platform slide is easy to adjust for ease of use for either size bowl. There is a rocker type switch to enable the raising of the mixer head which is easy to use. The mixer is easy to use however, the beater release button is quite hard to push and not easy for the elderly or anyone with arthritis which would impair use of fingers.

I really like the design of this mixer which makes it easy to handle, carry, and use. The locking of the mixer head in place also makes it easy to transfer from cabinet to countertop.

This is a solid design which I have used a lot. There have been no problems whatsoever and it runs as well as when I first bought it. I have used it for quite a long time.

Save your money, buy something better.

I got this mixer when our hand mixer died, and it looked like a good bet in the store. I got it home, and after a few uses, I thought maybe I'd grow into loving it more. I actually got more frustrated the more I used it. Save your money for a better brand.

Mixing Performance
I gave this a poor rating because I feel that with a stand mixer, you shouldn't have to constantly supervise your mixer, and have to turn it off every few seconds to scoop the batter/whatever you are mixing back down into the middle just to get it to mix evenly. It doesn't mix evenly, and it's a pain.

Cleaning the bowls was very difficult because the bottoms of the bowls would take on water if you washed them, and then the water was difficult to remove, if not impossible. It was easy to wipe down the mixer though, and the beaters were dishwasher safe.

It was fairly easy to use, just put the beaters on, put the bowl on the right track, and then turn on.

The design is terrible. Having the speed knob on the end, and the fact that it turns without much pressure at all is dangerous. I had several instances where it got brushed against, and the speed would change, or if the mixer was off, it would turn on suddenly. I had a dangerous kitchen accident because of this. I was scooping the batter back into the middle of the bowl when I brushed up against the switch, causing it to turn on, and grab the spoon I was using out of my hands, and snapped in in half, flinging wood pieces not only across the kitchen, but into the batter I was making, making me have to throw away the batter because of the wood pieces.

See above for the durability. I would not recommend this mixer to anyone.

I would recommend to a beginner baker

from Fleming island, FL

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Even Mixing

Cons

• A bit loud.

• Cakes & Cookies
  • Candy
  • Pies

Comments about Sunbeam Heritage Series Single Motor Stand Mixer 2354:

This is great for a new baker or some one just baking a simple cake. Ive used it to prepare pastry dough as well.

It was decent first mixer.

from Wing Alabama

About Me Casual Cook

Pros

• Capacity

Cons

• Heavy
  • Moves While Mixing

• Bread
  • Cakes & Cookies
  • Candy
  • Meringue
  • Pies

Comments about Sunbeam Heritage Series Single Motor Stand Mixer 2354:

This mixer was just ok for me. I'm currently looking to upgrade as this one is very noisy and seems to move all over my countertop. I had to place a rubber mat to avoid the loud rattle and the mixer is only a year old. It's good for the price but just won't last for someone like me who loves to bake.

It is okay, if you don't use very often

Comments about Sunbeam Heritage Series Single Motor Stand Mixer 2354:

I received this mixer as a grab bag gift, and was impressed with it when I first got it. The more I used it, the less impressed I was with it. I found that if I used it often it did not mix as well or as evenly.

Mixing Performance
It started off really well in terms of evenly mixing, however it tended to not do so well if it was used repeatedly. I also did not like that it only had one set of mixer attachments. I wasn't crazy about the fact that the mixing attachments did not reach all the way into the bottom of the bowl.

It was very easy to clean the bowl and the attachments. I usually just wiped the main part with a damp cloth.

Very easy to use, no issues with it since I have owned this unit.

It is a simple design, almost cheap looking in my opinion.

It has held up somewhat, again if you use it repeatedly it tends to get a little sluggish. It is not an ideal machine for heavy use. It is a great unit for beginning cooks and bakers, not much more than that.

So nice to have

Comments about Sunbeam Heritage Series Single Motor Stand Mixer 2354:

This mixer is so nice. It is very solid and I don't know how we ever lived without it. You can just put in all of your ingredients and it does all of the work for you. It looks so nice in my kitchen and everybody I know is jealous. I would buy this exact model again if I could make the choice again.

Not Very Durable

Comments about Sunbeam Heritage Series Single Motor Stand Mixer 2354:

We received this Sunbeam mixer as a wedding gift, and it lasted about two and a half years until we accidentally sent a wooden spoon through the beaters. That was enough to send it to the junk heap. Sure, it was our fault, but rather than simply jamming, the internals were destroyed. I was disappointed to see that the mixer couldn't withstand something as minor as that incident. Other than that, it worked just fine as long as it lasted.

Mixing Performance
This mixer does what it is supposed to do, but I have noticed that there is a small gap between the beaters and the sides of the mixing bowl, which requires a spoon or spatula to ensure that anything caked to the side of the bowl gets fully incorporated into the mix.

Easy to clean. Just drop the beaters in the dishwasher and you're set.

Easy to use. One knob to set the speed and a "trigger" to increase it as needed.

Good design. It works like just about every other mixer on the market.

See my general comments above. One small accident with a wood spoon jammed into the beaters and the thing had to go right in the trash.

• Mixing Performance:

Great for large mixes or small

Comments about Sunbeam Heritage Series Single Motor Stand Mixer 2354:

I love my Sunbeam stand mixer with the metal bowls! I love to cook and bake and this makes my life so much easier. Having two different size bowls is amazing a lot of times what I make is only for two people so I don't want to use a big bowls that is going to take up a lot of space in my dishwasher, the small bowl is perfect for this. The one thing I really don't like is, it's kind of awkard to take the dirty beaters off with out taking the bowl off first. It can be done it just take some maneuvering. Most of the time the beaters have batter that drips off when I'm trying to take them off and I hate making a bigger mess by having them drip back on the mixer rather than in bowl. Overall though this is a fantastic mixer and I love the retro design! I put mine in a cabinet when I'm not using it and the handle on top makes it easy to get in and out of the cabinet.

Mixing Performance
Mixes great! I rarely have to "help the batter along" with a spoon.

Where the bowl locks in can be hard to clean if something drips down in that area.

Super easy to use besides getting the beaters off with bowl still locked in.

Love the design! Makes it easy to get it in and out of the cabinet.

This mixer has gone through several moves with me and gets a lot of use and has held up amazing!

• Mixing Performance:

Would be lost without it

Comments about Sunbeam Heritage Series Single Motor Stand Mixer 2354:

I received this as a gift 3 years ago, from my grown children. I use my stand mixer several times a week for just about everything. I HIGHLY recommend it if you are as offended as I am by the bigger name stand mixer. The only down side is that it does not offer all of the attachments that higher priced machines offer. It comes with regular beaters, dough hooks and 2 sizes of stainless mixing bowls. If you are needing more than that, this may not be the stand mixer for you.

Mixing Performance
The motor is super powerful. I rarely have to turn mine up past halfway. As stated before, I have used mine non-stop for 3+ years now on cake mixes, doughs and even super thick fudge recipes, just to name a few. It also whips up fresh, creamy mashed potatos in seconds.

The bowls and hooks or beaters go straight into the dishwasher. No rust spots on the beaters like hand mixers do after several washings. These always come out spotless and looking like new. The exterior of the machine just takes a quick wipe down to look new.

My friends kids use it when we bake cookies for the holidays. It couldn't be easier. Put the ingredients in, lower the beaters, turn it up to the speed you want and watch it do the work for you! It is very rare that I even have to scrape the sides to keep the ingredients moving in to the beaters.

Very efficient and self-explanitory. You do not need directions with this one. I just wish it offered a larger variety of accessories and came in a few different colors.

3 years and counting, never a problem and it still looks brand new!

• Mixing Performance:

Great Starter Mixer... It Does the Job! I really Love it.

Comments about Sunbeam Heritage Series Single Motor Stand Mixer 2354:

If they make some simple changes in the design this would easily be a 10... but a few glitches put it at a 7. Still I love this Mixer and use it regularly for baked goods(not breads, so no feedback in that department)

Mixing Performance
This mixes quite well, but best of all you can fit in a spatula without needing to turn it off! The beaters could be adjusted to the outside of the bowl, just a tad to give it a 10. But that expensive model, and we all know who... I have owned before and I PREFER THIS ONE! It is easier to work with the batter, and scrape the sides, and mixes quite well at the base (KA did not!)

The bowl has screws in the bottom to hold the rubber ring in place...POOR design, Just be careful NOT to SUBMERGE this or the water will get trapped andthe base would probably rust. I wash both the bowls very carefully, and added silicone sealer and then reset the rubber and screws... voila!

If you have arthritis, the beaters have a button to release them and a lock to keep the mixer from raising out of the bowl. Using that would be challenging.
I have no problem... yet...

I think it is very nice and sleek looking, I love the silver one I got.

So far its been through a few years of use and still working just fine. It isn't quite as heavy a motor for breads etc, I would think. But for batters I have used it basically non-stop for hours and it's a champ.... now off I go to finish the Christmas Cookies!

• Mixing Performance:

Ok to test out a stand mixer

Comments about Sunbeam Heritage Series Single Motor Stand Mixer 2354:

I was in the market for a stand mixer but was not sure how often I would use one. I decided on the Sunbeam Heritage since it was fairly inexpensive and was a great way to test the waters on a stand mixer. It works fairly well for the price tag. It was fairly loud and seemed to strain the motor quite a bit on mixing thicker and heavy bread doughs. I also did not like the fact that the mixing heads did not have the rotating action to really, thoroughly blend what I was mixing. It worked very well for thin, liquid batters and dressings but failed to meet my expectations on anything solid. The mixing bowl also has some form of holes on the bottom of the base that trap water while trying to clean up. Overall this mixer was ok for a starter mixer or someone that does not plan on using it frequently. If you are a serious baker and plan on using your mixer frequently this is not the mixer I would recommend.

Mixing Performance
Heads do not rotate around bowl and sometimes fail to mix all ingredients around the edges

Drain holes in the bottom of bowl trap water while washing

The motor strains if mixing a heavy dough

Not bad for the price

from VA

Comments about Sunbeam Heritage Series Single Motor Stand Mixer 2354:

I got this mixer, hoping for the best, because I simply cannot afford to buy the much pricier brand out there. It does a pretty decent job. It comes with different color coded mixers as well as bread dough hooks. The heavy bowl has rubber on the bottom to keep the bowl from slipping and also has a button to easily move the bowl when you need to scrape the sides or push the batter down. You can set the mixers for different size bowls and there is also 12 different speeds to work with. Cleaning is fairly easy as the bowl and all mixers snap in/off and can be placed right in the dishwasher. I have not yet needed the bread hooks, but I have used all the other mixers and they have done the job. of course I am sure it pales in comparison to the pricier brands, but it does a decent job just the same. I have had it for over a year now and it is still holding up and running perfectly. It is also easy to store. I am glad I went ahead and got it.