3.9
Other Cold & Hot Packs:
Sunbeam Health At Home Heating Pad - Standard size (12" x 15")

Sunbeam Health At Home Heating Pad - Standard size (12" x 15")

3.9

Pros

Cons

helpful for back pain

I have owned one of these Sunbeam Health At Home Heating Pads for many years, but I don't use it very often. It's small size makes it impractical to use as an "electric blanket" just to stay warm in winter. It is most useful when you pull a muscle or have some lower back pain or muscle soreness, from overexertion or for minor strains and injuries. When my brother brought his 10 month old baby boy to visit for Christmas, everyone was eager to see him and hold him, pick him up and carry him. Not to mention the fact that he was teething and was very fussy and so he needed to be rocked and held and picked up and bounced very nearly constantly, poor little thing! The upshot of all of us adults toting around a somewhat chunky 10 month old baby  is that we nearly all experience muscle soreness in our backs the next day, and every day after playing with, holding, rocking, picking up and bouncing the baby. I used this heating pad nightly, when I was alone, to ease the soreness in my back from bouncing my nephew every day over the holidays. The heat is very soothing, although it's not very hot. If you just want a heating blanket or warm blanket for staying cozy during this cold winter, I recommend instead using a fuzzy blanket - a jacquard-woven high pile acrylic blanket like the kind the Biederlack of America company used to make (they went out of business a couple of years ago, unfortunately, but there are many manufacturers of acrylic blankets - most are marketed as throws and are 86% to 100% acrylic). This electric heating pad is best used medicinally, when you have a sore back or something. Aside from that, I would stick with just a warm, non-electric acrylic blanket for staying warm in the winter. I would not fall asleep using this device, as there is somewhat of a fire hazard associated with electric blankets and heating pads. Make sure you turn it off and unplug it before you take a nap or go to bed for the night.

Absolutely did not work at all

I needed relief from back pains one day so I bought the Sunbeam Heating Pad and when I got it home and plugged it in it did not get hot. I read the instructions telling me which side to make contact with my skin and played with the controls for quite some time thinking that it just needed more time to get hot. After thirty minutes I was furious. My heating pad was only mildly warm, definitely not warm enough to relieve pain. I know that they are only allowed to reach a certain temperature by standards but I felt this was defective. I took it back and exchanged for another one exactly like it and it was the same way. The heating mechanism in the cords are weak and if you even slightly bend them they are useless. I would suggest to buy another brand.

Never got warmer than a warm rag. And the pad seemed to kick off and on getting cold then warm over and over. I got very frustrated and felt it was a waste of money.

The instructions tell you not to bend the cord or pad too much. They suggest that you not lay on it but simply lean back on it. Either way it never got warm enough to make a difference.

The Sunbeam At Home Heating Pad

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Sunbeam Health At Home Heating Pad - Standard size (12" x 15"):

I have used several brands of heating pads over the years and have found the Sunbeam At Home Heating Pad to be the most durable, practical, and versatile heating pad for me to use. It comes with a cloth that can be wet and placed inside the heating pad cover to make a moist heat application. The heating pad itself is a nice comfortable size, not too large, not too small. The cover is made of a soft material that feels soothing next to the skin. The cord is a nice, long length. I like the safety feature built in that when the heating pad encounters too much pressure (if someone is laying on it or leaning into when sitting in a chair), it shuts itself off and the on light indicator will blink. There is also three levels of heat making it nice to adjust how much heat you would require to an area. The on/off switch moves easily, but stays in the position you put it in when turning the heating pad on. This heating pad also molds easily around a knee or arm also. It is definitely worth the low cost to invest in one of these for your basic first aid supplies for your home.

Absolutely did not work at all

from TX

More of the same

Comments about Sunbeam Health At Home Heating Pad - Standard size (12" x 15"):

The sunbeam heating pad is a must-have around the house for anyone who frequently puts any type of strain on their back, however I see nothing special about this particular model. I am only giving this a six because of the length of the cord - which is probably the only thing that sets this aside from any other generic heating pad.

Eases pain for sure

Comments about Sunbeam Health At Home Heating Pad - Standard size (12" x 15"):

I have used this exact heating pad for years now and it works well for most aches, pains, and cramps. When it's on its highest level of heat don't put it directly on your skin even though it gives you relief. The heat is enough to burn your skin, not burn it burn it, but make it red, so if you need it all the way hot just put a blanket or a towel under it.

Total waste of money!

Comments about Sunbeam Health At Home Heating Pad - Standard size (12" x 15"):

I don't understand these positive reviews. I bought it recently when mine, that I've had for years and years quit. It is made very cheap. From the pad, to the cover and right down to the cord. The cord is a cheap plastic that twists up. The heating pad doesn't heat as good as the other one I had. It would get hot and then cold. And worst of all, I only used it maybe five times and it melted! Yes, it melted. I turned it on for maybe 5 minutes and noticed the smell. The one side melted together. I wish I could post a picture. I do plan on calling the company. It could be possible that I just got a bad one but it's still made very cheap. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Helps me relax

Comments about Sunbeam Health At Home Heating Pad - Standard size (12" x 15"):

This Sunbeam Health At Home Heating Pad is great. It heats up so quickly and stays at a steady temperature. I often use it on my back, and it helps with the pain. When I sleep on it, it completely makes the pain disappear. I don't know what I would do without this heating pad.

Heating Pads have helped me cope with pain!

Comments about Sunbeam Health At Home Heating Pad - Standard size (12" x 15"):

I love this product! It has helped me cope with my pain in an amazing way! This has worked better than any medication the doctor has prescribed. All day effectiveness.

Just the right amount of heat and shuts off automatically. Soft cloth for protection.

Just plug in and turn on! Shuts off automatically in 20 minutes to prevent burns.

Great pain subsider for those sick or tired days

Comments about Sunbeam Health At Home Heating Pad - Standard size (12" x 15"):

I have bought this product years ago and still going good with it. It does last forever. It is great for back pain and upper shoulder pain when u lie down, or you are sitting in an easy chair. I have used it on my tummy during those times of the month too. My mom had on e used it for her ear pain too. It works great and comes with 3 levels of adjustment low- medium and high, which is great, as you can adjust heat based on tolerance level. I would highly recommend it and have done it in the past even former who had back pain problems. The heat gently soothes you to sleep. So if you are having a sleepless night due to pain, this is the solution. Recently I discovered that it can also provide heat to your head if you have a sinus headache and have just been outdoors in cold winter.

Comfort and pain relief

from Antioch, TN

Comments about Sunbeam Health At Home Heating Pad - Standard size (12" x 15"):

I have chronic back pain and this heating pad keeps me from being in agony most everyday. I often have chills because of spinal cord pain and it warms me up after several minutes. If I go to sleep while on the heat pad it will automatically turn itself off as to prevent injury.

As a product that produces heat for the body is is especially great for the back as it can lay completely flat or you can roll it up and put behind your neck as well.

It's very basic in design you lay flat on the product or you can roll it up for use as well without any difficulty. Also great for other parts of the body.

Better than nothing, but not satisfactory to me

Comments about Sunbeam Health At Home Heating Pad - Standard size (12" x 15"):

I have two heating pads- this one is my backup for when my special neck heating pad (made by TheraTherm) isn't available for whatever reason. It is better than nothing, but it doesn't even come close to measuring up to my regular one. Parts of it don't got hot at all. I use it without the cloth part that in comes in. That has helped it heat up a bit more. I think it could be helpful if one has simple back pain, or tummy cramps for the ladies time of the month, but for my neck, it's just not contoured correctly to be useful enough as I need it to be. All in all, if someone gave me this for a gift, and didn't give me a gift receipt, I would keep it, which is actually what happened, but I would never purchase it with my own money.