3.5

3.5

Pros

Cons

Excellent performance, reasonable price

I'm surprised to see the average reviews of "3" for this product. I got this mixer as a wedding present and it has been an excellent addition to my kitchen. And, that was six years ago! It still looks and performs as if it were new. I have been very pleased with this product and surprised because of how affordable it is.

I use it primarily to make cookies or other baked goods and it has always worked well. It is easy to put together and easy to clean. It even comes with a little stand for easy storage. You know you've tried to store your mixer, but you don't know exactly how to put it in the cupboard or drawer--it won't lie flat or stand up. This little stand that's included is perfect to keep it upright and not rolling around. It even has a little space for the cord. This blender has many different speeds, but it is so powerful that I have only used speeds 1 and 2. Nice, huh? And cheap. A very good bargain and a very good buy.

It's a little hard/awkward to get the mixer blades out of the mixer when you're finished. The button is hard to push and I always make sure to unplug it before I attempt this function because the eject button is the same as the mix function. That's not user friendly.

Long lasting!

Sunbeam mixer - decent quality at a low price

As far as hand mixers go, this is as average as they come. Standard eggbeater attachments, 200W, 6 speeds, and that's about it.

I like that it's simple and...Read complete review

I like that it's simple and cheap, and well suited for easy tasks like whipping cream, or mixing light cookie dough. But eggbeater attachments aren't anything special, and some of the newer had mixers come with nicer wire beaters that are more versatile. Anything heavier than a cookie dough, and I can feel the motor start to labor. But usually, anything heavier than a cookie dough gums up the eggbeaters anyway and probably shouldn't be mixed with a hand mixer.

I don't like the fact that there's no low speed setting, like for initially mixing dry ingredients into a batter. The lowest speed on this model will send powdered ingredients flying. This means I have to mix by hand first before using this machine. The beater release is the same switch as the speed control, it works fairly well but I can picture someone slipping it up and accidentally turning it on instead.

If you just need a high speed mixer for occasional light duty work whipping cream and simple cake and cookie batters, and don't want to spend a lot of money, this is a good choice. If you plan to spend a lot of time baking and see yourself needing a hand mixer often, spend a little more and get the nicer features of a better model.

A pleasant surprise

from Sacramento, CA

Comments about Sunbeam Hand Mixer:

I just purchased a Sunbeam Hand Mixer 2524 from a discount store. Needless to say I got a great price and so I was skeptical that I got great quality. Imagine my pleasant surprise when it turned out how well this mixer actually works.

I have a stand mixer at home, but that is not an easy machine to lug around. I wanted a mixer to take with me when I need something to use at our church's functions such as the cookie bakes, the brownie treat week, etc. Enter this little gem, the Sunbeam! It works well for the dough types I mentioned-- cookie dough and brownie dough. It has enough power, despite its small size.

The handle has a nice "hand feel" when using it. We make lots of batches of cookies for church functions, so it's nice to have something that is heavy enough to perform satisfactorily yet light enough not to fatigue my hand and arm as I make my way through the various batches of dough.

It's a snap to clean the beaters and wipe down the machine, so that is a welcomed feature.

All in all, I really feel I got my money's worth with this appliance.

Great low price mixer.

Comments about Sunbeam Hand Mixer:

I have had this mixer for approximately four years and I love it. It has a low enough setting to mix recipes with many dusty dry ingredients and a high enough setting to not struggle or slow down when mixing thick dough. The beaters eject by pressing a button on the handle so you do not have to touch them after use. Beaters wash off easily in sink or dishwasher.

Mixing Performance
Great for general recipes, I would not recommend for bread dough.

Sink or dishwasher for the beaters and a damp cloth for the mixer.

Lightweight and small, easy to store.

I have had this for 4 years already and it is still working like the day I got it.

• Mixing Performance:

This is a great hand mixer!

from Reading, PA

Comments about Sunbeam Hand Mixer:

I have owned this Sunbeam hand mixer for several years now and it still works just as great from when I first bought it! it is a great quality mixer for a very reasonable price!

This hand mixer makes it very easy to mix things! It's very easy to use and I like the simplicity of inserting and removing the mixing attachments (but always do it when it's unplugged!). It is very easy to clean - I always wash the mixer attachments in my dishwasher with no problems!

My only "complaint" would be that the lowest setting seems very high - it doesn't seem to be a very slow setting as you would expect it to be. If you're not ready for it, it can often take off and leave a splattered mess! It works well with whipping something - a meringue or whipped icing - because of it's powerful speed. However, if you need to just "mix" something slowly, I wouldn't recommend using this!

Overall, I have been very pleased with this mixer and I would highly suggest it! It's very durable and has continued to work well for me over the last several years!

Excellent performance, reasonable price

from ND

Long lasting!

My Sunbeam hand mixer

Comments about Sunbeam Hand Mixer:

My family very much enjoys our Sunbeam brand hand mixer! I bought it a few years ago and use it at least once a week. The hand mixer has worked so well and at a very reasonable price. I eve bought my friend the exact same hand mixer. She likes it so much!

Mixing Performance
No matter how thick my pancake batters are or whatever I'm mixing, my Sunbeam hand mixer gets the job done very well. We use it for huge family dinners ad especially for baking!

Hand mixers are usually hard to clean regardless, but the Subeam hand mixer cleans pretty easily. In just a few swipes of my dish cloth and some soapy water it's clean.

The Sunbeam had mixer is so easy to use. My children often help me and they use the hand mixer to make cake batter!

I love that it comes in different colors to match your kitchen. It's a simple design no bells and whistles. That's how my family like it!

Having a big family means lots of work with our kitchen appliances. Especially holidays! I'm very happy how this hand mixer has stood up to its trustworthy name!

• Mixing Performance:

Great for all of your basic mixing

Comments about Sunbeam Hand Mixer:

This is obviously a very inexpensive mixer, but I have had it for years and it's done a wonderful job. Anyone who needs a mixer and, like myself, finds it a little ridiculous to pay through the nose for these stand mixers will agree that this is all you need to get the job done.

Mixing Performance
Good low and high speed.

Flour can get in the air vent.

Have owned and used it regularly for five years.

• Mixing Performance:

High Quality Hand Mixer at a Low Price!

from New Berlin, WI

Comments about Sunbeam Hand Mixer:

I received the Sunbeam Hand Mixer as a gift and love it! I do a lot of baking, but still prefer to use a hand mixer to a stand mixer. The Sunbeam hand mixer is high quality at a low price. The only issue I have had with this mixer is the ease of cleaning - the openings on the front tend to get filled with batter. I would highly recommend this product to anyone that bakes on a regular basis.

• Mixing Performance:

Not a great hand mixer. Too Heavy.

Comments about Sunbeam Hand Mixer:

I was really disappointed when I purchased this mixer. I have purchased sunbeam products in the past and I have usually always been satisfied with their products. However, this mixer is REALLY heavy. It makes it very difficult to mix what you have in your bowl with ease. I tried to mix cookie dough and ended up dumping everything in my bowl because it went everywhere. This is extremely frustrating when you are trying to bake. I also really didn't like how loud the mixer was. For a hand held mixer I think this one could have been quieter. I am very disappointed in this product. It is very bulky and very hard to store and I really didn't like that I purchased it. The next time that I buy a product from sunbeam it will not be their handheld mixer. Also the beaters often got stuck in the blender. Then it becomes hard to handle because the beater is stuck in the product and you can't really control it. It was very very frustrating and I would not recommend this product to anyone.

Mixing Performance
Too heavy, can't really mix the ingredients very well.

The beaters get stuck and therefore cause what ever you were mixing to get stuck in the mixing chambers.

Once again, way too heavy.

It's durable however, unpractical for someone to use because it is so heavy.

bought 2 in less than a year

Comments about Sunbeam Hand Mixer:

I bought 2 of these in one year and both broke after only a couple of times of use. Very dissapointed. I bought them because of the stainless steel look. After I bought the first one I thought maybe I had gotten a defective one but the second one Broke right away as well. Would definately not buy again

Mixing Performance
It mixed just like any other regular hand mixer

just pop out the mixing attachement and throw them in the dishwasher

very easy to use.

I liked the stainless steel. Not many hand mixers were made like that when i had bought it

mixer doent last. I just stopped working after a few uses

Sunbeam standard mixer

from Georgetown, KY

Comments about Sunbeam Hand Mixer:

I have had this mixer for a while now. It is good for short tasks like mixing a cake mix or making mashed potatoes. I like to use this mixer when I do not feel like dragging my Kitchaid stand mixer out. It is easy to store and doesn't take up too much space the speed setting are satisfactory for me. I would not recommend this for someone who uses a mixer everyday but for the occasional use it works great. I really like how easy it is to clean.