Other Irons:

Sunbeam Classic Iron

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Hate to iron but since I do this is sunbeam is the one to use.

This Sumbeam Iron is only a few months old.  It does a very good job of ironing.  It is very light weight and that is one of the reasons I like it so well.  Sunbeam is a name I can trust.  The only other iron I have owned was also a sunbeam and it lasted, are you ready for this?, over thirty five years.  This is one of the main reasons I picked a sunbeam again.  Over the last decade I have not had to iron a lot because of all the permanent press clothing.  I do a lot crafting and that is when I use my iron the most.  I really like the center flex cord feature, my other iron did not have this. The thumb rest is also great.  I like that it has twenty nine steam vents.  It has a great safety feature in the auto shut off feature, while this does not replace the real safety in turning the iron off and unplugging, it is still a nice safety feature. The heating capablilities are enhanced with the self cleaning feature.

Does the job

We have had this iron for several years and have no complaints. To be fair, we don't do a whole lot of ironing at our house, so it doesn't get a ton of use. This is also the reason we did not spring for a more expensive iron. The sunbeam meets our needs. It is nothing fancy, but it does the job.

Basic Iron

from Virginia

Comments about Sunbeam Classic Iron:

I take pride in ironing my families clothing, even if it's unnecessary. I've been through a number of irons, and the Sunbeam Classic Iron was one of my least favorites. The design of this iron is flawed in my opinion. Everyday I iron my uniform, a set of white scrubs. The fabric is easy to iron, but using this iron it took me double the time. The iron has a number of heat settings, to me the heat was either too hot, or not hot enough. When I ironed the items I know the iron fell to the ground a couple of times due to the coed being where it is. Then the restart button, it's too close to where my hand is and I found myself pushing it by accident. Not to mention that this iron leaks when I add water. I knew that this wasn't an expensive iron but I expected more from Sunbeam. After using for a few months I went out and bought a different iron, but I will keep this one as a backup. It does do its job, but it has too many issues.

• Safety:

Great size/performance as an iron, problems with the plugs.

Comments about Sunbeam Classic Iron:

Like the iron. Need improve the plug/cord.

Safety
We love these irons but have had issues with the plugs/cords shorting/sparking/shocking.
With our first iron, the plug briefly caught fire.
On our second, we got shocked.
I'm going to send the second one back to Sunbeam so they can examine the wiring.

The plug/cord issue has usually taken place after less than two years.
We love the size and the weight, but would like to see better plugs/cords.

• Safety:

It Is An Iron, And Does Just That.

Comments about Sunbeam Classic Iron:

I picked up this iron a few months ago, and it has been working great for me ever since. It is easy to use, and doesn't require to many steps to get the job done. I think the settings are simplistic, but provide enough variatioin to accomodate people with different fabric selections and types. I like the white color, making it easy to find if I lose it, or if it's somewhere I can't remember. I would recommend this iron to anyone, because of the cheap price and the easy usage. You don't have to worry about burning any of your precious delicates either, because there's a setting for that.

It's works great! I mean, I've only had it for a few months, but within that time period, I haven't had any problems with it or anything, and actually was quite pleased with how it turned out.

Safety
It's safe, if you keep it away from children, animals, etc when your using it. For obvious reasons.

Just a few wipes here and there.

Its sleek and simple.

Sunbeam Classic 3017 Gets The Job Done

Comments about Sunbeam Classic Iron:

Great iron, nice price. I had this for three months, and it really works well. It's lightweight, and irons my clothes real good. I trust this product.

Not faulty, very reliable.

Safety
Sits upright, nice durable cord.

I wipe it down with a cloth.

I set it to what I need, and it does the rest.

Works great, I dropped it once, and it still works fine.

I love the way it looks, and the shape and color of it.

Reliable Iron

from Melbourne, FL

Comments about Sunbeam Classic Iron:

I am not an experienced hand at ironing, but this has done the trick on several different occasions that I have needed an iron. I cannot comment on any especially delicate jobs it has done for me, but it handles such things as my tablecloths and cotton sundresses just fine.

This iron has done the job every time I have needed it to. It works fine on everything I have used it on, though I generally only use durable fabrics and do not own anything too delicate.

Safety
As it is an iron, it's best to use a little caution with it. However, I have never had any problems with its safety while taking the normal precautions I would for any iron.

I have found this iron fairly easy to use. It's not too bulky, so I can easy bring it out for any wrinkled item of clothing I need a quick fix for.

The design is very simple and easy to use. All of the features are rather easily accessible, and I have never had any problem with its overall design.

• Safety:

A nice iron for ordinary jobs

from Midland, MI

Comments about Sunbeam Classic Iron:

I owned a Sunbeam classic iron for years. I used it occasionally to iron wrinkles out of clothes before wearing them and it did a great job. However, when I started sewing I started wishing I had a more heavy duty iron.

This iron works well for everyday jobs. It has a nice steam feature, but you do have to be careful not to fill it up, or not tip it over before the iron gets hot or all the water will run out. It has an acceptable number of settings so you can iron everything from rayon to corduroy and keep your fabric safe from scorching.

Safety
It doesn't have a lot of the safety features other more expensive irons have.

If you happen to burn something onto the bottom of this iron, it's fairly hard to get off. I had to work pretty hard to get it clean, and nearly ruined a top before doing so.

This iron is pretty easy to use. Just plug it in, set the appropriate temperature and go.

I've had this iron for years, and it still works so I consider it very durable.

Easy to Use- Great for Travel & College

Comments about Sunbeam Classic Iron:

This is a nice, small, easy to use iron that is great for use at home or when traveling. My mother bought me this iron to use when I traveled to the UK. It fit nicely in my suitcase and I never had any issues using it with a converter. This iron also went with me to college and was nice a compact for those small dorm rooms! I have since continued to use this iron on a regular basis at home. It works well for everyday ironing and for getting rid of creases in material before starting a sewing project.

The iron heats up quickly and stays heated for the entire time I need to use it. I generally don't use the water/steam option, but when I have, it has worked just fine.

Safety
As far as I know this iron does not have an auto shut off. When you unplug it, it starts to cool down. It would be nice to have a shut off feature.

I haven't had to clean this iron much. There was one time when I accidentally put the iron down (plugged in of course) on some carpet and ended up with melted carpet on the bottom. I just used a little iron cleaner and it was good as new.

I've had this iron for quite a few years and have never had any issues with it.

• Safety:

Average for a low cost iron

from Chino, CA

Comments about Sunbeam Classic Iron:

I purchased this iron when my expensive one broke down after 10 years of use. I was in a rush to go to a wedding, and needed an iron quickly so I found this one at my local TJ Maxx store. They didn't have much variety to offer, and this one was so affordable, I figured I would buy it just for that one day and look for a more expensive, long term one later. It did well for me because I was ironing clothes that just needed a more crisp look. The clothes weren't that wrinkled to begin with, so the iron worked just fine. However, when I tried it on a pair of jeans that I had left sitting in my closet for a few weeks and finally need to get the wrinkles out, the iron didn't work so well. It only works good on lightweight clothing, not on thick materials such as denim.

The basic functions make it easy to use without having to read a manual.

I've had it for about 12 months now and it still works fine.

It's a very basic iron, with just high and low settings and a knob to control the amount of heat you want.

Love this iron!

from Brooke tx

Comments about Sunbeam Classic Iron:

I started using this iron about 4 months ago. I had a all metal kind of iron before and it fell off the ironing board so needed a new one. I purchased this one because it was really inexpensive. The first time I used it, I was very surprised. It works perfect! Does the job and was inexpensive. It still works great and it's light so it's not heavy like the metal ones. It doesn't leave marks and it has the settings for all styles.

Love this iron! It works great and still works like new after about 4 months. Also it creases the clothes the way I like.

Safety
It had a safety feature that it turns off after not being used for about half and hour or so. It auto turns off and blinks red so you're aware it's on that a setting.

The metal it's made of on the back makes it simple and easy to clean when it's not hot.

It's fallen off he ironing board a few times and thankfully will works like new.

It's nice and simple and clean looking.

A solid iron

Comments about Sunbeam Classic Iron:

This is a very good product. This is a reliable iron that will get the job done. It is very simple and easy to use. This is pretty much just a standard iron. It does not have a lot of fancy features. For someone who does minimal ironing, this product will more than suffice. If you are a very frequent user of irons than you may want something a little more expensive. For the quality of this iron the price is very fair.

This iron performs very well. For small amounts of clothes it does a good job. I never have any wrinkles left in my clothes.

Safety
This is a fairly safe iron. It is still easy to burn yourself if you are not careful, but overall it is a safe product.

This is an easy to clean iron. All you have to do it empty out the water and it's good.

This iron is pretty easy to use. There are not a whole lot of extra features so you won't get confused using it.

This iron is fairly durable. It won't last a lifetime or anything, but it will last for several years if taken care of.

Nice, sleek design.