3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

The Sunbeam 2-Slice Toaster makes life safe,easy&Toasty to enjoy

**The Sunbeam 2-Slice Toaster has to be the best toaster I have used in my home. **

**1) Extra-Wide slots for toasting everything from bread slices to hamburger buns. Bagles! No question about it. **

**2) High rise life. This allows easy safe removal of every thing you toast.**

**3) Cool-Touch exterior! when the toaster is on the exterior is safe and cool.**

**4) Toast Control. this lets you set your toast for a light or dark toast**

**50 Stop Button. lets you stop the toaster from toasting, by a pushing the button, your toast is lifted and the toaster turns off.**

**The Sunbeam 2-slice toaster can be bought in two colors, Black or white. **

**I have to say the Sunbeam 2-slice Toaster and all its features make life a little more easy safe and enjoying when your needs are for toast. **

**I feel safe to let the kids use this toaster for there morning treats, and after school snacks. with the Cool-touch exterior, and high-rise life. kids are out of harms way.**

Not so great

I have previously and in the past purchased and used this Sunbeam Two Slice Toaster and found that I was not so impressed. I can say that one good thing about it is that it was not too expensive but in this case I do believe I got what I paid for and that was a not so great toaster. First of all after only a few months the button you push down to cook the toast stop staying down so I had to physically with my fingers hold down the button until I thought the toast was done. Needless to say I pretty quickly bought another toaster and replaced it. Another thing is that it did not toast easily. This Sunbeam Two Slice Toaster does have slots large enough (barely) to make bagels but it did not cook them all the way through. It would cook the outside too fast and not cook the inside all the way. Also when I made toast in it it took forever for it to heat up and cook. Now this is my opinion, for all I know maybe I just got a defective one. All I can say is that this toaster is pretty cheaply made. I would not recommend any of my friends and family to purchase this toaster. It is definitely a rip off.

Works great

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Slice Toaster:

I have not had my own toaster until I bought this one. It was super cheap and I just needed one so badly I bought the first one I saw. It works great and toasts really well, but I hate it because it is so light. It moves if you just touch it slightly and when you push the button down you have to hold it in place. It works great at toasting though as I mentioned because you do not have to put it up high at all otherwise you will have burnt bread. It is a great size as even most large bagels can fit inside it without getting stuck (I hate that). I also love it because the instruction manual is easy to read and it actually taught me about the little sliding board at the bottom that you can use to empty the crumbs out of toasters. I never knew about that until I had this one! I would recommend this toaster if you are on a budget or just want something to use that you do not care about it getting broken/trashed.

Toasting Evenness
One side always seems to be more toasted than the other.

Seems flimsy as it is so light. Does not seem too durable.

Not so great

from Ellerslie GA

Got what I paid for!

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Slice Toaster:

I am not completely satisfied with this purchase, still no complains. I got what I paid for, what more can I expect out of something for less than 20 bucks. I bought this 2 slice toaster 2 years back from a nearby store. It works well on low numbers, toasts evenly. The inside of the toaster seems to be of low quality, mine broke a few months after I purchased. Still,I still use it occasionally. Though this toaster is good for the price, if given an option I will replace it with a better one. One thing I really do not like about this toaster is that it does not pop out the slices to all the way up. It is really hard to take out the slice once toasted. A good side to this toaster is, it takes in bagels and muffins as well, that definitely makes it price worthy. I would recommend this toaster who is looking for a cheap yet smart and efficient toaster for daily use. This toaster goes a long way.

Sunbeam 2-Slice toaster is basic but handy

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Slice Toaster:

For a basic cheaper brand the Sunbeam 2-Slice Toaster has done the job for my family and I in our home. We use out toaster at least once a day for toasting sliced bread, pop tarts, and sometimes bagels. Each one of us can set it to how toasted we want whatever we are toasting. for us it is a very dependable toaster for what we need it for. It's not one of those fancy toasters but it's great for a family like mine that is on a tight budget. It was affordable and fit right in in our kitchen. It doesn't take up to much counter space which makes this toaster very handy and the sleek black design goes great with my other kitchen appliances.

This toaster is not easy to clean. The crumb catcher is easy and simple to clean out, but the inside of the toaster is not as accessible so it makes it more difficult to use.

This toaster is light and handy. It's easily moved around.

I was really satisfied with the sleek modern design of this product. The black looked great in my kitchen. It's a cheaper toaster but this design makes it look like it's one of the more expensive toasters.

• Toasting Evenness:

Nice little toaster for the money

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Slice Toaster:

We downsized from a four-slice toaster and a toaster oven to this very neat and compact two-slice toaster. It looks very nice and toasts very well. There is a cancel button in the event the bread is getting too dark. Overall we are very satisfied with this product and would recommend it.

Toasting Evenness
Amazingly enough this product toasts evenly. The settings are true to what you'd expect. Can't ask for much more than that.

Safety
I have had no safety issues with this toaster. The cord is long enough to reach the outlet but short enough so as not to become entangled and cause safety problems.

The toaster cleans up well. There is a "crumb tray" which is removable for ease of cleaning. The outside is easy to wipe off and keep clean. Looks very nice.

So far so good. Haven't had this toaster for a long period but it seems to be durable enough. The parts all work well and seem to be sturdy.

The design is sleek with clean lines. It goes very well in our granite and stainless steel kitchen. Although the toaster is typically stored in a cabinet, I would have no problems leaving it out for the world to see.

• Toasting Evenness:

Great toaster with even heating

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Slice Toaster:

This toaster is a toaster that heats the food evenly, and is made with great quality and durability.

Toasting Evenness
This browness on the toast makes it evident that this toaster heats up things evenly.

Safety
This toaster is not hot to the touch on the top. The cord seems sturdy enough that it would not get torn easily.

The ease of cleaning is not over the top--just average. The bottom and inside catches crumbs like any other toaster. The top is very easy to clean;just a wipe and you are done.

This toaster lasts and lasts. The heating never gets messed up even after lots of use. The cord is sturdy, as well as the buttons and plug.

This isn't the prettiest to look at, but neither is it the worst. As far as the functionality of the design, it allows for a variety of thicknesses. I can toast poptarts, toaster strudels, bagels--no matter the thickness it toasts it evenly.

• Toasting Evenness:

This Great little toaster can!

from Oakland, CA

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Slice Toaster:

For a toaster. This is the best! I'm just positive about because well one, it looks like a retro toaster and two, it's wide enough for thick toast and bagels. I have yet to be disappointed with it. It's also silver and black, it has a cancel button and bagel and warm button.

Waffles are perfectly toasted here. The crumb tray pulls out with ease for easy clean up. It is a little bulky but you can put it away on a shelf or in a closet when not using it. Also this will match decor in the kitchen. Only thing is that sometimes it tends to not toast all the time they way I like but thats ok, you just need to find your groove on it and make sure messes up the setting.

Toaster does the job

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Slice Toaster:

I have only ever used "fancy" toasters when I go travelling - usually at the places where breakfast comes along with the hotel room. This toaster is in no way comparable to those heavy duty toasters. Rather, this is a simple, cheap toaster. It only toasts two slices at one, with one hand-dial that allows you to change the amount of time you want to toast the piece.

I am a pretty simple person so I do not mind how simple the machine is. It toasts regular sized toast, bagles, english muffins, and everything else I need to toast in the morning. I do, however, have a bit of an issue when I am trying to toast bread that is a little bigger than the "average sized" piece of toast: I usually have to insert the slice in vertically instead.

Other than the minor problem of larger sized toast, there are never any issues with this toaster - it toasts my bread fast and is reliable. Perfect for a single person.

It gets the job done.

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Slice Toaster:

I've had both less expensive and more expensive toasters than this Sunbeam, and so far the Sunbeam is winning the longevity challenge. It's a two slot toaster that has a bagel setting and is excellent for cooking thick slices like Texas Toast. It's got its little quirks, but for the price I have no complaints.

Toasting Evenness
As long as the bread or pastry fits in the slot, the toast will be evenly done. I have come across some deli breads that were just a little too wide to fit in there fully, so what usually happens is I wind up with a slightly less hot toasted corner to pull them out by.

Safety
This toaster has a well insulated cable and feet that keep it raised slightly off the counter. It's also got a lever to pull your toast out so no need to look for a plastic fork.

The toaster's slots are designed to allow bagel thickness so there is little chance of missing any crumbs down there. It's also got a little crumb tray you can pull out if the gravity method isn't working.

This toaster has so far lasted longer than any other brand I've tried.

It doesn't have the charm of retro, but it's shiny and rounded and looks pretty good on the counter. For function, the design is great.

• Toasting Evenness:

I bought a toaster, I got a toaster

from Washington, DC

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Slice Toaster:

It's nothing fancy. Then again, I don't need or want it to be anything but a device that toasts bread, bagles, and poptarts. True, I've only ever used it for those three things, but that being said it's done it's job adequately each and every time. If anything the only real difference I've noticed between my household toaster and other toasters I've used over the years is that mine is on the shy side. Case in point: at Christmas brunch at my in-laws I toasted bread using the usual setting from MY toaster, a 6. What happened? Burned bread, that's what. I noticed it everywhere else after that. Settings on my toaster were almost twice as high as they needed to be to get the same crisp result on bread as other peoples' toasters. Not a big deal, if anything I'd rather err on the side of less toasted versus burnt, so for my kitchen it's fine. But when traveling it's good to know these things. 6 on a Sunbeam equals 3 or 4 on every other toaster around.