Other Bread Machines:
Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Bread Maker
Rca_2013_value

Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Bread Maker

• Stability While in Use:

This easy-to-use bread machine is a life saver!

Anyone that knows me, knows I am a major foodie, and that I love to cook.  However, that does not include baking.  I do not like to bake things from scratch and will buy mixes for all my muffins, cakes and brownies.  The one thing that I don't buy a mix for is home-made bread.  My **Sunbeam Bread Machine 5891** takes care of all my bread making for me!

The only thing I don't like about the Sunbeam Bread Machine 5891 is how huge and heavy it is.  It is so big, I dread getting it out of the cupboards to make a loaf of bread.  It is so heavy, I usually leave it on the counter for a couple weeks after using and just keep making bread because I don't want to lift it back into the cupboard.  Besides that, I have no problems with this product, and I would definitely buy another one.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Betty-Crockers-Best-Bread-Machine-Cookbook-review-708c8

On most occasions, my bread comes out perfect.  Every blue moon, it won't rise properly, but I'm sure that's the operator's error and not the machines fault.  The bread is easy to remove from the machine, just twist the handle and it pops right out.  I have the [Betty Crocker's Best Bread Machine Cookbook,][1] and that is great for getting creative with with new bread machine recipes.  I don't make a loaf of bread without that cookbook.

The thing I detest most about baking from scratch is all the separate bowls of dry ingredients, wet ingredients and the mixing of all those ingredients.  What I love most about my bread machine is that I just place my ingredients in the bread machine and it does all the work!  On this particular model, you can select the size of your loaf (1.5 or 2), and the color of your bread (light, medium or dark).  Simply add ingredients, select your loaf size and color and press start, that's it!

I have owned this bread machine for years and nothing has ever gone wrong with it!

The noise was awful!

I have had other breadmakers and I never had one that made such awful noise!  It sounded like a loud, grinding, mechanical distress call.  I could hear it all over the house.  The instruction booklet said it might make a "knocking" noise if the dough ball was too dry.  When I added water, the noise went away until the water mixed in and then the noise started again.  I had to keep adding water to get it to shut up.  I'm guessing the motor needs to be stronger.  I tried three recipes--one of my tried and true recipes, a dough recipe, and one of their recipes.  All were noisy.  I don't consider it a convenience to have to constantly add water.  The three recipes I made came out well and the controls were fairly easy to use, but I couldn't stand the noise, so I took it back to the store for a refund.  Perhaps mine was a dud, because other people have given it good reviews.

Not a bad product for the price

from Grand Rapids, MI

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Delicious Bread
  • Easy To Clean
  • Easy To Use
  • Simple Settings

• Dough

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Bread Maker:

I had never used a bread machine before owning this one, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. The instructions were very simple to navigate and use. The machine itself is a pretty good size, it's not huge but it's not tiny either. Finding a place to store it was a challenge just because of the height of it but I have found a space it fits. I find myself using my machine mainly for dough. I do make bread in it from time to time but I do dough the most. Mainly because I can put all my ingredients in and forget about it. No kneading and waiting and all of that. Just set it and forget it. This machine is not super loud which I like. I have heard other machines run and they are very loud. I do find that sometimes while my dough is kneading the machine does move down the counter. When I have made bread i have enjoyed it. I did find the crust settings are alittle off. Light is medium, medium is dark, and dark is hard. Everything takes testing I guess. I am overall happy with this bread machine, it is easy to clean, good quality, price point is very good and for the 10 years I have had it, it is just like new. I would recommend this product to others. It is not something that you will probably use all the time but for the money you pay for it, it's ok.

Great product

from Grand Rapids, MI

About Me Avid Cook

Pros

• Consistency
    • Delicious Bread
    • Easy To Clean
    • Easy To Use
    • Simple Settings

Cons

• Noisy

• Dough
    • Loaves

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Bread Maker:

I love this bread machine. I have made many many loaves in this machine. When I first started with this machine it took me awhile to get the settings just right. My crust was either burnt or not crisp at all. After many failed attempts I finally found the settings for my needs and now I use it all the time. I love all the different options I have for what I'm making. Every time I make dough I like how it's consistent everytime and makes a very nice smooth dough. Very easy to work with. The pan and kneading blade are very easy to clean. They are also easy to work with when taking in and out of the machine. The price point on this product is great, I was skeptical at first since other bread machines go for a lot more money. For my needs and what I use it for, it's great! I would recommend this product to others. You don't have to be a great baker to make good bread you just need a great bread machine and you can have it no problem!

Compact bread maker

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Bread Maker:

I already owned a bread maker but I saw the Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Bread Maker at an extremely low price and couldn't pass it up. My first impressions of this bread maker is that it's tiny, but it's still capable of producing a 2 pound loaf of bread vertically. My first attempt at making a loaf of wheat bread went well. I poured warm water into the pan and added my dry ingredients pre-mixed. One thing I don't like about this bread maker is the display. I could barely see the text on the screen under direct light at certain angles. The bread making process on this devices is fairly quiet and is only noticeable during the kneading phase. The finished product is a delicious loaf of bread, but I'm not too crazy about the shape of it. This bread maker produces a large square loaf of bread. It's not a big deal, but it produces larger slices of bread, which creates a greater bread to meat ratio to my sandwiches. I would definitely recommend the Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Bread Maker because it simple, quiet, and can be purchased for cheap.

Tried and Failed

from Dallas, TX

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Bread Maker:

I bought the Sunbeam 2 pound programmable breadmaker with high hopes, but my expectations were soon dashed. I have never had success in making bread by hand, so I figured that a breadmaker would be foolproof. I'm pretty convinced that all yeast packets hate me! I test and retest the temperature of the water to make sure it is just right before I put the little things in, but they always seem to die. In my mind, Sunbeam bread maker would solve this problem, but sadly it did not.
    I followed the instructions to the tee, but my bread still stuck to the sides of the machine and was denser than a rock!
    I gave it several more attempts that were also unsuccessful. Finally I gave up.
    The name implies that the machine is smarter than it actually is. I found the inner container to be far too small.
    Additionally, during the kneading phase, I thought the machine might take off like a rocket into space.

• Stability While in Use:

I love that I can make such healthier bread options in this.

from West Virginia

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Bread Maker:

I have been looking into bread makers for a while because there are just too many additive and ingredients I do not need or want when it comes to store bought breads. I finally decided to try this one because it was reasonably priced for what it is.

I am quite happy with this. It seems to bake all my breads evenly and thoroughly. I do notice when I use certain vegetable and grain bases that it can take longer or shorter periods to bake but it's been trial and error with different recipes just like with any cooking equipment.

The bread maker makes a nice sized loaf that serves four easily. I can make a loaf and quickly switch to another recipe and make a second loaf without much cleaning hassle. I can also baker some confections in this such as cakes and weird shaped muffins so it's been more than just a bread maker for me.

Stability While in Use
    I haven't had any issues with my bread maker. I do try to be careful not to run the washer and dryer because I was doing laundry one day which tends to shake my home and my kitchen table. The shaking did cause a loaf to flop a little but otherwise, it holds up great.

This little bread maker works out great for me. It can be used to do breads, certain cakes, and even muffins if you don't mind the shape. It makes nice portion sizes and it cooks evenly.

This machine is easy to use and program to the settings you desire for your bread. I can make a loaf of homemade bread, wipe it out, and switch over to a different bread recipe with ease.

So far, this has held up fine. I've had it a while and it seems to keep baking evenly and holding up. I've not dropped it or had any accidents but I figure it would survive a tumble off the counter.

• Stability While in Use:

Bread maker for bread lovers

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Bread Maker:

Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Bread maker is great for those that want that freshly baked bread from the bakers in their very own home at any time of the day with their meals or as a meal on its own. This bread maker had come with its very own recipe book which was so great since I was a beginner with making my own bread. The size of the bread maker is so cute as it doesn't take up so much space on the kitchen counter. I really do like the recipe book that had come with the box as it never occurred to me that I could be able to make different types of breads with this Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Bread maker. This bread maker has many baking functions and is also easy to operate with crust settings, bread types and load more, was incredibly helpful specifically on the first day I used it, my bread turned out so lovely on my first try. So overall Sunbeam is a great quality brand for all ranges of kitchen appliances as it came with a manufacturers warranty which is a relief to customers such as myself as I do hope this bread maker lasts and I am happy that I went and brought this bread maker as it saves me money making my own assortments of bread.

• Stability While in Use:

homemade bread in just two hours

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Bread Maker:

I love my bread maker and it has so many different types of bread settings so there is always a yummy warm loaf of fresh bread welcoming my family in my kitchen. I love to make oatmeal bread just like my grandma and all types of bread always comes out perfect every time and I like the simplicity of this machine. It is easy to use and clean up after each loaf of bread comes out. This machine is worth every penny I paid for it.

Stability While in Use
    There is always a slight shaking when I start the bread maker but it stays stable on the counter and also can handle thicker breads and also breads with nuts and fruits with no problem. This bread maker can withstand any bread recipe you give it with ease.

I am amazed at all the delicious breads I have pulled out of my bread machine and how wonderful the bread turns out every time I toss a loaf in the bread maker.

very simple and easy to use with what ever bread recipe I choose this is a family friendly creative bread baking wonder.

This is a very strong model and it handles all the different bread recipes I give it.

Good as I imagined

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Bread Maker:

I think this is one of the best bread making machines on the market. It surpasses all the other makers I have used and that is saying something. My Grandma use to make bread homemade and this is on par or even better than that. Don't tell grandma I told you'll this and try this product out for yourselves, If anyone has any doubts don't take my word for it, buy one and you will see the fresh moist bread that this product creates, In all my life I have been a fan of bread and I have finally found a product that has tickledd my taste buds. If you are a bread lover and have not had the chance to try this product you are missing out. I give this to all my friends and family and they have the same reaction that I have.
    A number of users complain about ‘collapsing bread’. It seems that this bread machine is very sensitive to right amounts of liquids. The measurements in the recipes provided with this bread maker are not always accurate.
    One user gave some great bread troubleshooting tips; When the loaf turns out to be a brick; you need to add more water and a bit more yeast. When the loaf hit the lid or collapses, you need to (slightly) reduce the water. When you dough doesn’t rise, you could add gluten.

I love this bread maker

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Bread Maker:

I really love this bread maker......It is the first bread maker that I have found out there to fit all of my needs. It performs day after day when I make my bread and it always comes out the same each time I make it. I really enjoy using this bread maker and I am trying out new recipes all the time.My mom has a bread maker just like this and she too is enthralled at it's ability to make a good consistent loaf of good bread. She is always trying and inventing new recipes with it and again each time she makes a loaf of bread it comes out very good and ultra delicious.I would have to agree with my mother that this is the best bread maker either of us has ever used. She has gone through many of these in the past and I really love the sleek design and durability of this bread maker also it is very easy to use.and usage directions are very easy to follow. All in all this bread machine is very easy to use, makes a great loaf of bread and it is not hard to look at. I love it!

good bread maker

from Oxford, CT

Comments about Sunbeam 2-Pound Programmable Bread Maker:

I received this as a gift. I probably would not have bought it myself just because I didn't think I would be into bread making. If you read reviews on this bread maker you will find a lot of negative and positive and I think my personal review would be somewhere right in the middle but more to the positive side. I do not really have any other bread makers to compare this one to but I do feel this is a pretty good one to invest in. It makes decent sized loaves of bread and has settings for jam, fruit etc. It is not difficult to use and it is pretty quiet while in use. Cleaning up after using this bread maker is very easy as well. I think it is what I like the best about this bread maker! It is also a pretty durable bread maker. I have only used this bread maker over a handful of times and have never had any issues with the machine or making the bread. I can surely say this bread maker is very reliable and consistent.