View more Countertop Microwaves

Cons

piece of wadted space

from l Lebanon Missouri

About Me Gourmet Cook

Pros

• Easy To Install

Cons

• burns the center of the food
  • Heats Unevenly
  • light is impossible to replace
  • Unreliable
  • will not even heat a cup of coffee

Comments about Sunbeam 0.9 cu. ft. Microwave Oven:

Out of all the brands on the shelves at Target I picked this one made by Sunbeam because I grew up with the Sunbeam name and it stood for quality. The name meant your money was well spent. I brought the first microwave home and plugged it in and nothing, zip , nada ! It didn't do a thing. So back I go to Target, and they try to blame me. I'm spending a half hour telling them it never once worked.
    Finally I have a replacement, 4months later the bulb blows and its no big deal , I buy another and it becomes a big deal bcuz the old bulb won't unscrew! So ta heck with it I'll cook in the dark! Lol. Then about 5 months later all the good burns in the center, I mean everything I put in this microwave is burnt!
    Now it's come down to the lousy low down point that I can't even warm up a stinking cup of coffee! So much for the great name and quality of Sunbeam product's. No thanks Sunbeam. Now I have no microwave !

• Primary use:
    • Personal

This microwave is great

Comments about Sunbeam 0.9 cu. ft. Microwave Oven:

I've been using this microwave for a couple of months, and I have absolutely no complaints. It's cooking times are great so far; I've never burned anything in it. It's pretty easy to clean - the attached plate comes right out. It has some nice features and a great overall design.

No complaints!

Settings/Features
    It doesn't have as many features as some other microwaves I've used, but the ones it does have are pretty useful.

Super easy to clean.

It's very sleek

Good quality and price

Comments about Sunbeam 0.9 cu. ft. Microwave Oven:

My other microwave was getting old and I finally decided it was time for a newer one so I picked this one up at Target. This microwave was much cheaper than the other microwaves of the same size and I liked the design of it. There isn't really anything fancy or special about this microwave but it is much cheaper and has everything that the more expensive models do so I would definitely recommend it.

This microwave cooks much faster than our old microwave so now we don't have to add additional time to the suggested times when cooking.

Settings/Features
    There aren't any settings that are really special but it does have all of the standard features that you would expect on a microwave.

Very easy to wipe up splatters from cooking.

Very easy to use. Nothing about it is too complicated or hard to figure out.

We have only had our microwave for a few weeks but so far it's holding up well.

I like black kitchen appliances which is why I chose this model. It looks very nice in my kitchen and it matches the other appliances nicely. It's also a smaller size so it doesn't take up a lot of counter top space.

• Settings/Features:

Stopped working in less than a year!!!

Comments about Sunbeam 0.9 cu. ft. Microwave Oven:

Up until the point where the unit stopped working I would have said it was good. I went to heat up something and heard a click as if a circuit within the unit shut off or something and there was no digital display afterwards. I just went blank. I don't think this unit is even 6 months old!

Stopped working in less that a year.

I would like to go on record and recant the review that I made on 3/22/2013. The problem turned out to be the circuit that the microwave was on, I ended up having to change my circuit breaker for that outlet. I felt terrible so I am making good and would like to apologize to Sunbeam for my incorrect assessment. I was wrong and I say when I am wrong.

• Settings/Features:

It stopped heating, DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Comments about Sunbeam 0.9 cu. ft. Microwave Oven:

I bought this microwave for a college dorm. I had little problem using it the first semester, but then left it during Christmas break. After coming back, I think I used it once before it stopped working. I would not suggest this microwave to anyone. It has not worked for approximately a month. Thank god for communal microwaves in the student center otherwise I'd have to go buy another one immediately.

Stopped working after almost a month of no use.

Warm and Friendly

from Trenton, OH

Comments about Sunbeam 0.9 cu. ft. Microwave Oven:

I bought this microwave after having repeated trouble with an Emerson 900 watt of similar size. I have been familiar with the Sunbeam name for years, so figured I'd buy one because it was cheap and I don't have a lot of money. Well, that worked out great, because the microwave is a value when considering the price. It's quiet, efficient, and it's unassuming. It does it's job and looks good doing it. I am very happy with this microwave.

Finally, a simple microwave that works!

from Porter, TX

Comments about Sunbeam 0.9 cu. ft. Microwave Oven:

I got this microwave because I didn't want a big one but I wanted one that would work.  This one met my expectations and then some!! The turntable is easy to clean, never gets stuck and is a dream. I like the ease of the one button touch. I can defrost chicken breasts in 8 mins and not have one side thawed and one side frozen.  The easy touch panel with the pre-loaded settings makes it so easy that my 3 yr old can warm his breakfast by himself.  I like the way it fits perfectly in the corner of my counter and is so easy to use that I sometimes forget it's an appliance- it just seems like an extra set of hands at times.  I love this microwave.