3.4

3.4

Pros

Cons

Sun Just Keeps Getting Better

Before they changed and refined their formula,** Sun** used to be one of my least favorite laundry detergents that I could buy. Not only did it not clean my clothes, no matter how many caps I used, nothing came out clean or smelling as great and fresh as the actual laundry detergent. But now, that has all changed, and I am glad to announce I am willing to repurchase this detergent after trying it out again.

The Mountain Fresh is great - while it doesn't last past the dryer cycle, it is refreshing, sweet, and light. It has these wonderful sweet hints of flowers and berries, with this crisp cleanness of fresh mountain air and bubbling springs that I just absolutely adore! Not excessively laced with menthol and cedar, as other 'mountain' themed detergents can be. It blends perfectly with my Gain Island Fresh fabric softener, and really leaves my clothes smelling like heaven! And that's a good thing for a scent-lover like me.

The cleaning power might not be perfect, but it can get through most of my laundry loads comfortably and easily. I do have to use a *tad *bit more than they recommend, just in case, because this isn't the thickest of all the detergents available, so it doesn't really sud well if you don't apply it the right way, especially in colder water. However, it does what I want and need - clean and care. It doesn't fade colors, it is gentle yet effective, and is perfect for using on the side if you have purchased a more expensive brand of laundry detergent and don't want to waste it on lightly-soiled laundry. And another plus is that if you are allergic to dyes, this is 100% clear and free of dyes - it just has perfume.

The price is just right, and it comes in a jumbo 188-size bottle so that I can have more, and spend less time shopping for my laundry and more time cleaning, relaxing, and enjoying my beautiful, clean, fresh-smelling clothes. And that's what I love the most.

Laundry Detergent? Not that well

Upon trying to save money, I decided to try this detergent. The fragrance wasn't up the other detergents I'd used, but it wasn't the worse I've experience. I wash a moderately soiled load with this and I had to wash this load 3 times before it cleaned and smelled clean. I thought it was just that load- no. My lightly soiled clothes had to be washed 3 times as well. One thing I did find this product decent enough for was when I was fall cleaning and I cleaned my walls, windows, and doors.
I honestly would not recommend this to anyone ever. The worse detergent I've ever used. SO much for saving money right- I was hoping quality would be a little better, but it may have been too much to ask for. Maybe it was just the batch that I got, but I didn't not have a pleasant experience with this detergent. rating a 4 total a

It did not clean my clothes well and my clothes had a different texture after they dried. Did not like this at all.

Scent is different... in least to say. If you're use to stronger smells for your clothes, if you use this product- use a strong fabric softener or dryer sheets.

Could be better but could be worse!

from SalemNY

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Great Scent
  • Safe For Delicate Clothes/Skin
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Weak Function

• Cleaning
  • Dorm
  • Home
  • Laundry Room

Comments about Sun Mountain Fresh Liquid Laundry Detergent:

As a mom of a toddler who has frequent clothing changes throughout the day, I am always looking for the best products while tring to save a buck. I noticed the scent of this while visitin a relative who was doing laundry at the time and I thought, "Wow that smells great!". I asked what they used and picked it up while out shopping. I normally by pricier detergents but figured there would be no harm because of how low cost this detergent is. The scent is great but does not seem to last past a wash cycle. It smells wonderful in the bottle and whole the wash cycle is running but after that I don't notice the scent at all. It cleans well enough but doesn't quite have the power to get out some of the stains my 3 year manages to get on her clothes but with a stain remover product it would be fine. I would recommend this to someone on a low budget but I think I am going to stick with a product that I can smell on my clothing and know that they are fresh. All in all, the product isn't terrible but it also isn't the best out there.

Cheapest laundry detergent out there

Comments about Sun Mountain Fresh Liquid Laundry Detergent:

The good thing about Sun Mountain Fresh laundry detergent is that it is very cheap. However, I don't think it is worth it.

It does a decent job getting clothes clean. It does not work well at getting out stains. It is my least favorite laundry detergent even when compared against the other value brand laundry detergents. It doesn't seem to fade clothes.

It has a nice fragrance, but the fragrance does not last. I like the mountain fresh fragrance over other types of fragrances. The fragrance is gone before moving the clothes over to the dryer. I prefer my clothes to be lightly scented after they are washed.

I find it irritating on my skin, but it doesn't seem to bother my husband or my daughter. I have sensitive skin. It makes my skin feel itchy.

I would not recommend Sun Mountain Fresh laundry detergent to anyone. I would especially stay away if you have sensitive skin.

It's not that great and irritated my skin

from Dallas,TX

Comments about Sun Mountain Fresh Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This was something I purchased only because I saw it on sale and my regular detergent was out. I thought it would not hurt to try it. It really was a mistake. It does not smell that great. It is not good on tough or extremely dirty clothes. It also really irritated my skin. I would not recommend it and will never purchase it again.

It does not work. It does not take out stains. It doesn't seem to do very much. I think i would have had the same results if I washed my clothes with just water. After using it, I started to feel quite itchy. I could not stip itching. Then I broke out in a little rash. I ended up throwing it away. I will never buy it again I do not recommend it for people who have sensitive skin or who have skin irritations.

I did not enjoy the scent. It was just cheap smelling. It only smelked in the botyle because it did not leave any scent on my clothes. My clothes still smelled dirty. Truly a disappointment.

Smells good wife hates it.

from Rome,GA

Comments about Sun Mountain Fresh Liquid Laundry Detergent:

I bought this because the store I normally shop at was out of my regular brand. Me being the adventurous shopper I am began to sniff the bottles, and I choose this based simply on it's nice scent. Assuming all detergents are roughly the same I went ahead and did the house hold laundry in it a few time. within just a few days my wife began to get an itchy rash on her legs and around the area of her jeans waist band. I don't really know if it was something that would happen to everyone but her skin was highly sensitive to it. The product did a great job other than it causing her particularly sensitive skin a problem. I must add no one else in a household of five had any complaint. This is a good product but it may be harsh to some users, I would recommend this product, but with prior warning from family experience. If you don't have sensitive skin and you enjoy a really nice scent with your laundry give this a try.

scent is only nice part....Xtra is much better budget detergent!

from Pacific NW

Comments about Sun Mountain Fresh Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Works ok for lightly soiled, not smelly whatsoever, or pretreated laundry. Kids stinky socks are still smelly when dry and I don't think it cleans kitchen or bathroom towels very well. Directly coming out of the dryer they still smell musty. I suppose adding a little washing soda or borax might help, but that isn't an acceptable solution for me. I won't use a product that needs supplementation for satisfactory performance when others are better all by themselves. I really wanted to like sun detergent but I won't be buying it again. I believe I gave the remainder to my indiscriminate MIL.

Below average since it doesn't make smelly items fresh and that is atleast half the purpose of detergent. I prefer Xtra laundry detergent if picking between inexpensive options.

The only remarkable trait is its scent. Very fresh and crisp. I like all the versions except the purple one. The fragrance could definitely be a little stickier to the laundry; might mask the stinkier items though I'm not sure I like covering up stinkiness.

Doesn't Work very well

Comments about Sun Mountain Fresh Liquid Laundry Detergent:

It's really cheap but doesn't work well at all! I was not impressed with this laundry detergent at all. I do alot of laundry every with kids and a baby. I would have to re-wash a load two or three times for it to come out clean. I don't have time to wait to re-wash clothes that should come out clean the first time. I tried just using a ton of detergent, almost two or three times the amount to see if that would work and I just ended up with very soapy clothes at the end of the rinse cycle. My kids clothes take a beating are pretty dirty so maybe it would work better for lightly soiled clothes. The cheap price was not worth the extra time to get our clothes clean and using more than typical for a load cost more in the long run since I had to buy it more often. I liked the scent, but it didn't last past the wash cycle and I like the clothes to come out slightly scented when they're all washed and dried. Even though the cheap price was enticing, I won't ever use Sun laundry detergent again.

Not my favorite laundry detergent

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Sun Mountain Fresh Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This laundry detergent is just okay. This isn't one of those products that I would recommend to friends and family. It does smell pretty good though. I do still buy this to save money from time to time. Laundry detergent can get expensive and this one is a really good price. Also you can usually find sales on this item. That being said, I don't find this detergent to clean as well as others. It doesn't build up suds as well and it doesn't get out all the stains. It seems more watery to me. I've bought other cheaper detergent that have worked better than this one. The Sun brand isn't my favorite, but it is a good price. You could give this a try, but I would tell you to go with another brand.

This just performs okay for me. It does clean clothes and other items, but it doesn't get the deep down clean. I don't find that it gets out all the stains either.

This laundry detergent has a pretty good smell to it. It smells fresh and clean.

Doesn't work well

Comments about Sun Mountain Fresh Liquid Laundry Detergent:

This detergent is only for cleaning lightly soiled clothing. It does not remove stains and leaves no noticeable scent. Have tried this many times with no luck. As a mom with 2 kids this product does not work for me. I still have a bottle I bought months ago sitting as it's useless.

Doesn't clean very well

Sun Laundry Detergent

Comments about Sun Mountain Fresh Liquid Laundry Detergent:

Sun Mountain Fresh Liquid Laundry Detergent is wonderful! It gets the clothes clean, has a great smell, and the price is just terrific! At first I was skeptical because of the price, but once I used it, I found out that the price is only one of the great things about this detergent.

Laundry Detergent? Not that well