3.1
Summer Infant Soothing Spa and Shower Bath Center

Summer Infant Soothing Spa and Shower Bath Center

3.1

Great tub!

I received this bathtub as a gift at my baby shower. I really didn't like it for my son until he was about three months old. I don't think this is practical for newborns. The seat didn't have wings on it and it was hard to roll him when I was giving him his sponge baths without me worrying he was going to slip off edge. I didn't like that the seat didn't adjust for him and it made it really difficult to bathe him in it. I ended up using a different seat for him until he could sit himself up better. When he was older I did like it because then he was easier to lift up off the seat so I could clean his backside. I used the seat from when he was three months old to about six months old. After that I just let him sit in the mini tub while I cleaned him. He outgrew the min tub at about eight months. I haven't used the bubbles yet, because when he was so young, he wouldn't have been as interested, but I am looking forward to using it with him in the big tub. The good thing about this tub is that each item can be used at a different stage in the baby's life. I think there are better seats out there, but this one wasn't a bad choice.

Baby Bath tub

We got this tub before our son was even born. One of the biggest reasons we got it was because of the little thing that provides a jet. Our son loved getting bath in this tub, he loved the jet and would start kicking and splashing about when he was only 8 weeks old. This tub was easy to use. Getting water in it was a pain as I did not want to be hunched over the bath tub trying to give him a bath in it. We would use the little thing the jet goes in to bring water back and forth to it. Worked like a charm. I did not use the little piece they lay on as I found it not to be easy and the baby would always slip down so we would have to go pick him up and scoot him back up. It was convienent for giving him those quick baths. It rarely ever made a mess unless his little foot was below the jet. It was super easy to dry. Just take a dish cloth and wipe it down and you are good to go. It was not easily storable though as it was big and the tub does not break down in to smaller pieces. Putting it back it the box would have been an option except if it even had a drop of water in it still the water would leak into the box and after so many times of this happening would make the box flimsy.It was a little more than basic baby tubs but it was able to be used on the counter so it saved our backs and knees.

Not safe in my opinion.

Comments about Summer Infant Soothing Spa and Shower Bath Center:

The mesh seat doesn't give enough support, my son who is 5 months old and 17lbs won't stay in the sling. He slides down off of the sling mesh seat and I continuously have to pull him back up onto it so that the water doesn't get into his ears. This was one of the more expensive tubs, and I was mainly attracted to it because of the whirlpool action. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone.

• Versatility:
  • Safety:

It's ok

from Henderson, NV

Comments about Summer Infant Soothing Spa and Shower Bath Center:

This tub does the job for sure but it seems a little small. My four month old is already outgrowing it. I had to order a bath seat this week because I am afraid she is going to some how tip the tub. My biggest complaint is the smell of the mesh seat. It always smells gross even though I have washed it multiple times

• Versatility:
  • Safety:

Summer Infant Not So Soothing Spa

from Canyon Country, CA

Comments about Summer Infant Soothing Spa and Shower Bath Center:

I got this as a baby shower present for my first baby, and I was so excited! I planned on doing everything the best for my daughter, so having a better-than-average bath was perfect. Unfortunately, that is not what this turned out to be. The tub itself was only able to be used until my daughter was around seven months old because by then she couldn't really fit in it (she is small, but tall for her age). The sling was very difficult to clean and would slide down easily in the tub, so I didn't feel it was very safe. The spa portion was a waste that I never ended up using- it was inconvenient and you can only use one thing (bubbles or shower) at a time- and neither was that great anyways. Also, I would have to dump out water because it would never fully drain on it's own. It sounds good, but next time I will save some money and go for something else!

Baby Bath tub

from Laurel, MD

Great tub!

from Pickerington, OH

Great for newborns!

from Salem, OR

Comments about Summer Infant Soothing Spa and Shower Bath Center:

If you have a baby, you know how hard it is to get them used to those first couple baths! My sister started out with a normal baby tub and my niece did NOT like it. She SCREAMED and cried and my sister was stressed out because she was new to the entire parenting thing... and then I was scared because I'm expecting my first child and completely decided on sponge baths.

Then her boyfriend bought her the Soothing Spa and Shower bath center and baby LOVED it! It's a little hard for my sister to work the sprayer and bathe baby at the same time so it does take two people at once but my niece loves the sprayer. It's a way to keep baby warm while she's not completely covered in water and it DOES soothe her. Bath time is SO much easier now and my sister gives baths every night. I couldn't believe the transition... it was crazy. I would definitely recommend this to first timers or to anyone who has a baby that doesn't like bathtime.

Spa and Shower attachment not worth the trouble

from Burleson, TX

Comments about Summer Infant Soothing Spa and Shower Bath Center:

The tub is a good size perfect for bath tub or counter top, but I only used the spa and shower attachment a couple of times.  The shower part was hard to turn on with wet hands and the whirlpool kept sucking up the washcloth.  And my daughter kept sticking her foot in the output and shooting water all over our bathroom.

And the collapsable sling would often collapse under the weight of my baby.  Dangerous and nerve-racking.

Spa treatments aren't just for adults

from Bainbridge, GA

Comments about Summer Infant Soothing Spa and Shower Bath Center:

I received this summer infant soothing spa and shower bath center as a gift at my baby shower for my newborn. I love that it's a gender neutral color that can grow with the infant all the way up to toddler hood. The downfalls are that it takes 6 C sized batteries just to operate the thing. I also don't like that the hand sprayer isn't much of a sprayer at all it's much like a drizzle or sprinkle. This tub hasn't been used much for the baby and it's much faster to just use a wash rag or cup, but my 3.5yr old loves using it on himself and it makes bathtime fun and enjoyable for him. I also worry about even though the nice size is a pro, it's also a hassle as well, storing it is a beastly chore and I'm always worried if it doesn't dry well enough or if I don't dry it out with a towel it's going to develop that mildew smell that no parent wants to use with their kids.

All and all this is a great tub but with it's hefty price tag I'm so glad it was a gift and I didn't chuck the money out of my pocket to purchase it.

Save Your Money

from Mesquite, TX

Comments about Summer Infant Soothing Spa and Shower Bath Center:

I bought the Summer Infant Newborn Toddler Bath Center & Shower, I have tried over and over to use the shower function on this baby bath but it just sucks. I bought this because, A - I thought that it was neat, B- I thought that it would be much easier to rinse my daughter off, and C- I loved the size of the actual tub. Well my first time using the shower feature was OK, the water stream a bit weak but I did not think much of it. The tub size and mat I loved because I felt that my daughter could actually grow with the tub because she was a small baby. I tried to use the shower function again and the water pressure was still weak, I thought that it was the batteries, but after changing the batteries and I was still having water pressure problems. I do not know if my tub was defective or what, but I would caution people on wasting their money of this product. You can save a lot of money and save yourself the headache by buying the regular baby bathtub and rinse your baby off the old fashion way.

Summer infant bath center gets unfair reviews

from Wilmington, NC

Comments about Summer Infant Soothing Spa and Shower Bath Center:

I got this at my baby shower. When I saw it I was impressed. I really thought it looked nice and I was excited to give it a try. When my son was a newborn and once he was able to get a real bath it worked really well. The part that holds him up, though is angeled that they will slip down. It is too big to fit in the sink. But the good points are, it's nice to have the shower part. Now that he is 7 months, it's really nice to have him sit up in it and I can rinse his back off. But now that he older he no longer can use the part that is angeled. He is to long to lay down in the tub. He is all scrunched. I haven ot used the spa part of it yet. One other issue I have is, it stains real easy. I don't know if it's my water or the fabric, it's hard to clean. Overall, it's nice, is it the best? Probably not. Can it be fun, yes! I hope they update it and make the part they lay on not angeled in such a way.