3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

The Super Seat is the best booster/activity seat around!

The Summer Infant 3-in-1 Super Seat is a truly spectacular seat. I am so glad I purchased this one and it has been a lifesaver!

When I was registering for...Read complete review

When I was registering for baby items, all my friends said I needed to get a Bumbo seat. But I wasn't really sure I wanted one. It seems like they only use it for a short time for the cost and what if I had a baby with really chubby legs? Then they would use it even less. So I put it off, thinking if I really needed one, I could get one later.

After my son was born, he had such strong neck and back muscles, that he was holding his head up on his own before we even left the hospital. He was constantly trying to stand with his legs stretched out, or wanting to sit. When he was about 2 months old, I broke down and decided maybe a supporter would be the way to go so he could sit without fear of tipping over.

But, as I researched the infant supporters, it seemed like it was hard for them to do anything. Could they really reach anything - toys, etc. - that were on the floor? Or would I have to buy additional parts, like a tray?

Then I came across the Super Seat! Wow!!! I was so impressed. It cost a little more than a Bumbo, but with all the features and the "length-of-use" factor, it was well worth it.

The Super Seat can be used in 3 ways:

- STAGE 1: Infant Support Seat- Support Seat aids baby when learning to sit up

- STAGE 2: Floortime Activity Seat- 360 degree rotating tray, removable snack tray, includes 5 playful toys

- STAGE 3: Booster Seat- includes removable soft foam insert for growing child

- All stages have a 3-point crotch restraint for baby's safety

- During stage 3: Booster Seat Mode there are 2 sets of chair straps for added security

I had my son sitting in this seat when he was a little over 2 months, and he still uses it today at almost a year, in the Stage 2 setting. The seat has a safety restraint belt, rather than narrow leg openings, so he still fits in it.The tray has built in toys which are entertaining, and also keep him occupied when I am going to feed him and need time to get the food ready. Then I spin the tray around, and it is plain, so he can eat without getting food on the toys. It has two little snack cups that are removable for cleaning. I also use this seat when I am going to take a shower. I can put him in the seat and bring him into the bathroom and he can play with his toys, yet I know he is safe.It is also great for travel and we have taken it with us to homes of friends and family. It is wonderful to use to free up my arms when I am visiting, and is great to feed him in, since they aren't prepared with baby items.Overall, this product is so worth it. I would recommend this strongly to anyone looking for an infant supporter or booster.

Looks more amazing than what it really is.

I stumbled upon this while looking at Bumbo seats. I figured they're close to the same price and this one has so much more to offer, by that I mean the toys, so I should just invest in this one. I was so disappointed when I opened the box and took out all the parts! Everything looked and felt so cheap. I thought maybe things would get better once I put it all together. Nooooo, I was wrong.

I didn't have a lot of trouble putting the seat together. I did have to refer to the manual so I could actually get the saucer thing with the toys on it to fit onto the seat. The hardest part was sticking the toys into the places that they belong. My husband saw me struggling to do it and he thought I was just making it hard. Nope, he was wrong. It really was hard. You have to be able to wedge all four corners on the bottom of the toy into the circle on the blue plastic piece and shove it down so that the wedges go through the slots beneath the circles. That is how they lock in place. Well, even after doing that, all my 4 year old had to do was pull on one of the toys, it was one of the ones that is sticking up, and the thing came out of its socket. Easy enough to just shove it back in again but it really shouldn't be that easy to pull it out. It wasn't like he was yanking on it super hard. It looked as if he just plucked it up like one would do to a flower.

My 4 month old really likes the chair and he likes the toys but I don't think the toys are safe enough for a 4 month old or any baby because my 4 month old managed to get his fingers stuck under one of the spinning toys. And the two little cups that you see in the picture? My baby has managed to lift them up so that he can play with them. After he's done he just throws them on the ground and forgets about them.

So is it worth the money? I guess so. Just don't expect some high quality looking thing.

This baby seat is the best.

from Milton, FL

Comments about Summer Infant 3-Stage Super Seat:

I was looking for a bumbo seat for my daycare because i have some younger babies to help them learn to sit up and ran across this seat in the process. It has absolutely been the best choice i could have made. Not only does it help the babies learn to sit up but with the activity tray it gives them more things that they can ingage in instead of just sitting there. It also has little snack trays which is really cool to place their little puff cereals and stuff like that in while they play. The seat itself is made pretty much just like the bumbo but also has an added cushion and is priced about the same if not lower than the bumbo. Great purchase i recommend to everyone.

Sturdiness
It is very sturdy and it also has straps for extra safety measure. Although alot of time i dont even have to use them because the tray offers stability also.

I only had it a few months but seems like it is going to be very durable and stick around for many years.

I think this was a great idea. It gives what would be just a seat so many different functions.

Safety
It is very safe, as I said before it has straps in the seat and the base is very large so that they cannot turn it over.

It is easy to clean because it is all hard plastics and the cushion in the seat is made of a durable foam material that is easy to wipe down.

cute seat but can flip

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Summer Infant 3-Stage Super Seat:

this is a nice little chair that has good accessories and i like that it can be turned into a booster but be careful because it can flip over rather easily and even with a baby strapped down, they can still wiggle their way out of the seat

Sturdiness
the product materials themselves are sturdy and the chair holds up well over time, but they are easy to tip over so be sure not to put the baby and chair anywhere up high where they could injure themselves if they fall

this chair holds up well over time, and the surface doesn't scratch easily and i haven't had any problems with it breaking. also all of the accessories are still intact after using it with 2 little boys

love the design and the decorations on the chair. my boys like the toys and i like that it can convert into a booster seat later down the line saving you money on that purchase

Safety
be sure to only use this on low surfaces because it is easy for a baby to flip it over and even before the baby knows how to walk, they can wiggle their way out of the straps and stand up and get out of the seat

super easy to clean, i just wipe it down with disinfecting wipes every time my boys are finished playing with it

• Safety:

Looks more amazing than what it really is.

from Madison, WI

Summer Infant Not so super seat

from North Providence, RI

Comments about Summer Infant 3-Stage Super Seat:

We found that the Summer Infant Super seat was a poor design. Once we put the seat together, the tray would constantly come apart. A clear problem seeing that a small infant could get his fingers or hand pinched where the tray would come loose. (Or worse fall out) We purchased this Brand rather than the Bumbo because it seemed that we were getting "more" for our money. We found out that paying for the upgraded bell and whistle version was not in our favor.

Summer Infant Seat is so much better than the Bumbo

from Mount Juliet, TN

Comments about Summer Infant 3-Stage Super Seat:

Everyone has a bumbo, but I read reviews first and didn't think I wanted to get one, so I went with this. It is SO much better and so much more versitile. But most people don't know about it, so they get the Bumbo.

This seat is a seat for an infant that can hold his head up all the way to a larger child to use as a booster seat. And the best thing about it over the Bumbo is that it has a safety buckle. I've read many reviews that say that their child fell out of their bumbo, and also saw a child almost fall out at our sitter. It grows with the child and has an insert to make it smaller, but you can remove it for a larger child for later. And, as an added bonus, it has a toy ring. My daughter couldn't reach it at first, but soon her arms were long enough to enjoy playing with it. Sometimes we'd just leave the toy ring on the floor for her to crawl over to and enjoy.

We'll be using this seat as a booster, so I feel it's worth the money.

it was ok, i guess...

from West Lafayette, IN

Comments about Summer Infant 3-Stage Super Seat:

the summer infant super seat booster/infant positioner was an ok product, but I am not impressed with the company as a whole. I bought a changing table and it collapsed because it was defective, so they credited me the cost of the changing table, so one of the things that i purchased was this infant positioner/booster seat. My son grew out of it really, really quickly, and by the time he was a bit older, (but nowhere near the "maximum") he couldn't even sit in it amymore! i am glad i didn't spend actual money on it, since it would have been somewhat of a waste. I was not impressed with the toy's ability to keep the child's attention either. my son seemed to get bored with the toys rather quiclkly, and choose to play with other things around the chair, but again, got bored with the next toy rather quickly as well. I did not like the very much, but other peopl emight if htey buy it very early and their baby is small.

I absolutely LOVE the Super Seat!

from Country Club Hills, IL

Comments about Summer Infant 3-Stage Super Seat:

I looked around for an infant positioner for a while because I wanted to make sure I got one that my son could use for a while. Everyone always talked about the Bumbo seat, but I kept reading that once a baby's thighs got bigger, they couldn't fit into it. I didn't want to get one and he would only be able to use it for a couple months. Once I saw this one, I knew it would be perfect! Just the fact that you can take the inner seat cushion out for when he's a toddler sold me! I love that it has toys on it as well. He has SUCH a good time playing with them. He especially loves to chew on the butterfly. Right now, we mainly use it as a booster seat for when he eats solids. It is a little bulky, so portability is not very easy. I usually have to put the seat wherever I need it and then bring the toys. So, it usually takes me two trips if I want to transport it to another room. Other than that, this is a great product!

Great seat!

from Ballston Spa, NY

Comments about Summer Infant 3-Stage Super Seat:

We bought this seat a few years ago for my first baby when he was about 6 months old. He had started eating solid foods, but was unable to support himself in the big highchair and would slide to the side. We needed something that was going to hold him upright so that we could feed him easier, and the Summer Infant Super Seat did just that!

We debated getting a Bumbo at first, but my son was/is above average in both height and weight, and I had read that babies with larger thighs can be uncomfortable in the Bumbo. We also heard stories from other moms about their children flipping over and sideways in the Bumbo. So, we decided to buy the Summer Infant Seat.

Things I love about this seat are:

the wide base-I don't think it's humanly possibly for a child sitting in the seat to flip over in any way which in and of itself is a great reason to buy this!

the seat-the seat has a padded inner seat, that once your child is older and bigger can be removed to provide more room

the toys-my kids love them!

booster seat-although we never used it as that, it is convertable to a booster seat and includes the straps to do so.

Summer Infant Super Seat Booster/Infant Positioner is allright.

from San Antonio, TX

Comments about Summer Infant 3-Stage Super Seat:

Summer Infant Super Seat Booster/Infant Positioner is fine for feeding a small baby in. The infant insert help keeps a baby upright for starting solid foods and there's a strap that buckles to secure baby in the seat, as well as two that go around a regular dining room chair to secure the seat. It's fine for feeding baby but there's no place to put snacks on for a baby or to rest a jar of baby food, so be sure and have a table nearby if needed.

There are cut animal toys that baby can play with when the circle/ring attachment is on the chair but it sure is a pain to take that attachment off and put it on the chair! The tray is really hard to use and less than convenient and often ended up sitting on the floor by itself instead of being attached to the Summer Infant Super Seat Booster/Infant Positioner chair like it should be.

The Summer Infant Super Seat Booster/Infant Positioner is ok but not great.

Not Bad for the Price

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Summer Infant 3-Stage Super Seat:

I received this as a baby shower gift with my first baby.  It is actually three things in one which is nice.  I had considered putting the Bumbo on my registry but when I saw this, I thought we would get a lot more use out of it.  It is very easy to put together and it seems to be of good quality.  I have only found a couple things that could be improved upon to make this a great product.  The tray is easy to take off with one hand, however, it's very difficult to put back on, even with two hands.  Also, we tried putting our son in this at four months old, like the product states, but he was still a little young for it.  It is supposed to be an infant support seat but I think a bit of support is lacking.  Make sure your little one has good trunk and head control or you'll find yourself looking at your child leaning backwards.  I think the back support could be higher and perhaps the seat a little less rounded.  The toys are great and hold his attention but the cup holders are constantly falling out.  If they snapped into place yet still removed for easy cleaning, that'd be nice.  All together it's really not a half bad product considering what's on the market these days.