4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

• Cough Suppression:

From 'I thoud tay hom' to 'on time to work' in just one shower

I woke up with stuffy head, sinus pressure, swollen eyes and just wanted to stay home.  But there were major projects at work and I wasn't able to take the day off, so I tried out one of the SudaCare Shower Soothers I had picked up as an impulse buy a few weeks ago.  I hopped in the shower and washed my hair and still felt awful, then I opened up the package and put the tablet in the bottom of the shower and let the magic happen.  The soothing steam vapor of menthol and lavendar (I had the lavendar scented) took only 5 minutes to work its magic and I was able to breeth freely and the sinus pressure was relived.  I was able to start my day and get to work and I felt better all day.

It Left Me Feeling Steamed

As a someone who suffers from chronic nasal and sinus congestion, I am also someone who has tried almost every over-the-counter product that promises to soothe my nose during allergy season.  From the makers of Sudafed Nasal Decongestant comes a product that promises to temporarily comfort your congested misery while you take a shower.  **SudaCare Shower Soothers** are tablets that resemble a large alka seltzer.   The so-called soothers are filled with eucalyptus, menthol, and camphor.  These ingredients are released when they react with the water in the shower.  The product claims that the blend vapors that mix with the steam of your shower will soothe nasal decongestion.  I claim that I ended up feeling steamed all right - I felt like I had wasted my money on a product that was largely ineffective. The Shower Soothers tablet comes packaged in a foil wrapper.  I turned the water on in my shower to a comfortably hot setting and let the steam begin to build up.  Then, I opened the foil packet and placed it on the shower floor facing me --  right where the majority of the water spray was directed.  As described on the package, the tablet began to melt away, and it did release a bit of that Vicks Vapor rub smell.  However, the steam didn't seem to really reach my nostrils in any appreciative way.  I stayed in the shower until the tablet melted completely, and I have to say I didn't feel any different once I was finished than I had felt when I started.  For me, just taking a normal steamy shower when I'm congested is slightly helpful in alleviating congestion.  Unfortunately, adding the SudaCare Soother didn't add any more congestion relief than what I get from a regular hot shower.

Overall, I only recommend this product if you don't have high expectations that it will be the answer to your sinus woes.  It is only marginally effective.  I think you would be better off spending 8 hours with a nighttime vaporizer as opposed to spending ten minutes in a steamy SudaCare shower.

Hard to find, but they are awesome.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about SudaCare Shower Soothers Vaporizing Shower Tablets:

When I had my last baby, she was always suffering from some serious congestion and upper respiratory problems, and since she was such a small infant there was really nothing that they could give her but they recommended steam from the shower and some vapor rub. I found these at the store and thought that they would be worth giving a try to help her be able to breath more comfortably and then maybe we would both be able to get some much needed sleep. I like to put these in the shower and turn the water as hot as possible and close the door, then I would sit with her on my lap and we would just inhale all of the steam that was made. This quickly helped her and became a nightly ritual until she was feeling better. These are very hard for me to find now and I have to order them offline, but now I love to use them for my whole family. I was really sick and these helped me to be able to breath after a week of feeling bad and being on breathing treatments and using an inhaler. They help clear up congestion and work great when you don't want to use medicine or medicine is not working for you.

They're okay.

from Kansas

Comments about SudaCare Shower Soothers Vaporizing Shower Tablets:

SudaCare Shower Soothers Vaporizing Shower Tablets are an alright product. They aren't all that impressive but they clear your sinuses for a little while.

You basically put one of the tablets in your shower and aim your shower head at it to dissolve it, then get in the shower. It's supposed to surround you with a pleasant menthol like scent which clears you up if you're congested. I used these a few times when I had colds to help clear my sinuses. The tablets took longer than expected to dissolve down. When it did start dissolving the steam mixed with it did create a nice scent and the menthol helped clear my sinuses. The problem is it only clears my sinuses for about 15 minutes then I'm stuffed up again.

SudaCare Shower Soothers Vaporizing Shower Tablets are okay. They're nothing special but they work briefly. Maybe they will work better for others, I'm not sure.

Briefly relieves congestion.

Good idea!

Comments about SudaCare Shower Soothers Vaporizing Shower Tablets:

I had an awful cold and was actually excited to try the shower soothers. I was happy with the product while I was in the shower but unfortunately I could not stand in the shower all day long. The shower soothers did help somewhat with nasal congestion but it was very temporary. 30 minutes out of the shower I was congested again. The shower soothers did not really help with the chest congestion at all. This product is a little expensive. The best thing about this product is that it helped me to relax and actually take a nap after using it.

Congestion Relief
I noticed that this product did help with my nasal congestion.

Chest Congestion Relief
I did not really notice a difference with my chest congestion while using this product.

Relief of Aches & Pains
I would not say that this product relives any aches or pains. However, the smell of the shower soothers is very pleasant and relaxing.

Cough Suppression
The shower soothers did help with my cough while I was in the shower breathing in the vapor and for a short time after the shower.

• Cough Suppression:

Effectiveness increases in smaller rooms

Comments about SudaCare Shower Soothers Vaporizing Shower Tablets:

I thought these worked really well. All my life the "cure" for a stuffy nose has been steam but these add an extra punch. If you have access to a small half or 3/4 bathroom and a shower stall to better contain the steam, they work that much better.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Other than the discomfort that accompanies congestion, pain relief isn't really the purpose of this product.

• Cough Suppression:

Nice addition to the shower

from Wakefield, RI

Comments about SudaCare Shower Soothers Vaporizing Shower Tablets:

Love breathing the menthol vapors while showering! The menthol etc combined with the moist air in the shower makes breathing thru my nose possible again! My daughter loves the Vanilla scented one! Begins to dissolve as soon as the water hits it, but lasts throughout the entire shower - sometimes even lasts for a 2nd shower!

Congestion Relief
Does a great job of helping with congestion relief! Fills the shower with powerful scent of menthol that helps me breathe through my nose during the shower and the benefits continue after I get out.

Chest Congestion Relief
Menthol in tablets added to the moist air enhances the benefits of the shower for chest congestion relief.

Relief of Aches & Pains
Not really designed to relieve aches and pains

Cough Suppression
The menthol added to the moist air lets you breathe deep and helps break up the mucus so that as your chest congestion clears up the cough goes away too.

• Cough Suppression:

Best thing ever for a cold!

from South Bend, IN

Comments about SudaCare Shower Soothers Vaporizing Shower Tablets:

I have got to say that I LOVE these! Drop it in the bottom of your shower and hop in- it immediately releases the vapors. Between the heat of your shower and the vapors, it will loosen up your cough, unstuff your nose and help with a cough. Whoever thought this up deserves and award! Whenever I get a cold, I go for these!

• Cough Suppression:

It's better than a bowl of steaming water and towel on your head

from Jasper, FL

Comments about SudaCare Shower Soothers Vaporizing Shower Tablets:

I just loved this product. It's easy to use. I feel like I'm in a spa when I put it in my shower. The relief is not always permanent but feels great when using it. I sometimes use it just to destress when I get home from work not just when my head is stuffed up. I recomend it.

It Left Me Feeling Steamed

from Chicagoland, IL

PLEASE BRING BACK SUDACARE BRAND PRODUCTS

from Fairfield, CT

Comments about SudaCare Shower Soothers Vaporizing Shower Tablets:

I have used all "SudaCare" products from McNeil for many years now and I am extremely dissapointed that they are not available to purchase anymore. WHY ???? These products worked great and were always selling in the stores. The "Vapor Pad" products were top of my list. So many other Companies, such as PediaCare, Vicks, etc, are selling these type of products on a regular basis.... so why did J&J stop selling these wonderful brands???? PLEASE BRING BACK SUDACARE PRODUCTS !!!!! Thank You.

SudaCare shower Soothers are really convenient

from Columbus, GA

Comments about SudaCare Shower Soothers Vaporizing Shower Tablets:

SudaCare Shower Soothers are a really convenient way to help with your congestion and breathing. It is really easy to use as well. Anyone can figure out how to use this without any trouble at all. All you do is drop one in the shower and the hot water will make steam adn aroma come up which helps you breathe better. It is kind of like Vicks Vaporub or something and it definitely helps and makes you feel better. It doesn't contain any medication so you don't have to worry about having any kind of allergic reaction from it. This works for kids or adults and will definitely get you breathing better within just a few minutes. I highly recommend this for anyone who gets congested and doesn't have an inhaler or breathing machine or anything like that.