Other Detergents:
Suavitel Fabric Softener

Suavitel Fabric Softener

Pros

Cons

Cheaper than Downey, Always easy to find.

Growing up in a household my mom always wanted our laundry to smell good but Downey was sooo expensive so mom used this a cheaper alternitive it is sold almost everywhere and the scent of this product doesnt make me get a headache. I used this when I was pregnant when I was preparing my baby's clothes and linen. It left the clothes and blankets and sheets so soft. It isnt so floral or does not not reek but the downfall is if you do use too much you can actually stain your clothes especially on your jeans which is murder.

But overall it's concentrated and thick and just little does alot. But I like to cut up a sponge in squares and let it soak up the fabric softner and just throw a square in the wash, so your not really using an entire capful where your even saving more money. The only thing is they offer 4 scents, A Blue, Yellow, Pink and White. I've seen others but wont even bother to purchase them because this is a brand I can trust and again the smell just lingers in the washroom and baskets and even dresser drawers and closets. I'm not embaressed to hug someone or even stand close.

this stuff is absolutely toxic

This stuff is absolutely toxic. I have never had such a reaction to a cleaning product before. I am still feeling sick - it burned my throat - like the worst allergy attack I have ever had that won't go away. I only hope I feel better soon :(

Glad I Didn't Overlook on Shelf!

from Virginia

About Me Parent

Pros

• Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Half the Cost
  • Leaves Clothes Smelling Great!
  • Powerful
  • Simple Instructions

Cons

• Needs more Variety

• Keep In Laundry Room

Comments about Suavitel Fabric Softener:

When it comes to buying fabric softner I buy what I know works, it is pointless to go cheap, throwing money away on watered down liquid. I had time while shopping to smell a variety of fabric softners, and Suavitial has never peeked my interest but I decided to smell the softners anyway.The price is dollars cheaper than my normal brand, and the scent is just as strong. I went ahead and purchased a bottle not knowing if I was throwing money away.
After using I was pleased with how soft my laundry felt, and how great they smelled! Why had I overlooked this product for so long? This product is so much cheaper than the leading brands that I figured it was abother generic watered down brand, Which it's not! The liquid is thick, and there's a couple of different scents to choose from. I'm pleased with my decision to buy it, since I'm saving money in the long run.

No thanks

Comments about Suavitel Fabric Softener:

I accidentally bought this one time because the packaging, at very quick glance, tricked me into thinking this was downy. I thought it was very cheap at the register, but I thought it was the other items I was buying on sale. This fabric softener as they call it does not work at all. I put it in the washer with some of my clothes and all it did was make some of the clothes I was washing rip the first time I tried to wear them after the wash. I was highly disappointed because one of them was my favorite pair of socks that I had only worn twice. I will never buy this product again, nor will I recommend that anyone else use it. I believe it gives high stress damage to the fibers in the cloth and causes them to ruin. It is probably attributed to the cheap chemicals used in this product which makes the Suavitel so cheap to the customer.

Also, the scent was not very pleasing at all.

Decent Bargain Softener

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Suavitel Fabric Softener:

I'd never heard of Suavitel Fabric Softener until I asked someone to pick up some fabric softener for me and they returned with a bottle of it instead of Downy or Snuggle. I wasn't sure what to make of it but decided it couldn't do too much harm on towels so I tried it on them.

They towels came out soft and smelling nice so I attempted it on some sheets. I'm just so glad that I tested on sheets before I used it on my clothes since it left spots! Yes, the fabric softener actually left spots on my clothes! I've never had that happen before or since so it must be something in this particular formula that makes it extremely potent. The spots did, thankfully, come out after a rewash, but it was not something I would ever care to repeat.

This is a good option for towels and, perhaps, blankets, but I would definitely not recommend it for anything you want to have spot free.

The fragrance is nice with the blue bottle and not overwhelming at all. I like that it's not floral or sickening. The smell does tend to linger for quite a while so if you like that then you should appreciate this formula.

This is also ultra cheap (hence the reason why the person bought it for me instead of the usual brands).

so so, only turquoise ok

from Pacific NW

Comments about Suavitel Fabric Softener:

I can only stand the turquoise liquid fabric softener, smells crisp and fresh and kinda fruity. The yellow and blue smell overpowering and too sweet.

The turquoise one softens and reduces static fine but unfortunately not as well as the yellow one. I would need to add a fabric softener sheet to mainly synthetic material loads. It's strange to me, but the formulas must be different besides the fragrance.

Turquoise scent is ok. I do not like the other versions; they make me feel nauseous.

Sweet and soft

from Edina, MN

Comments about Suavitel Fabric Softener:

Suavitel Fabric Softener is a great addition to your everyday laundry washing routine. I love that it comes in an easy to use bottle, has a great price, and that a little bit goes a long way. I have used this product for years now and have had great results. Just make sure to dilute it in water first as it is strong and can damage clothing if applied directly. (Been there-done that!) It has a nice scent that is soft and sweet and not overpowering and leaves the right amount of after-scent when the clothing/fabrics are washed and dried.

Great performance. Leaves clothing/fabrics softer, easier to fold nicely, and greatly reduces wrinkles and the clothing you will need to iron afterwards.

The scent is traditional and soft and not too strong for those who are sensitive to strong aromas. It leaves just the right amount on the clothing and does not bother you. It is great even for baby clothes.

This product is a really great buy.

from West Virginia

Comments about Suavitel Fabric Softener:

I was surprised to find out that this fabric softener does a good job on my laundry. It only takes a capful to soften any size load of laundry. I can easily soften and freshen up blankets, pet bedding, and work clothes with this softener without using half of the bottle.

I expected the scent to be unpleasant but the scent is quite nice. It's very fresh and floral and surprisingly strong.

Overall I was pleased with this purchase. It didn't have a lot of scent to offer and the laundry didn't feel quite like it usually does but it came out soft and smelling alright.

I did notice my skin was a bit itchy. I have the sensitive skin in the family so I don't recommend this for sensitive skin. No one else in my house had any complaints or breakouts after laundry day.

It did an okay job. It doesn't have a lot of scent to offer but my clothes were soft and static free. They smelled good but it was faint. I only had to use a capful of the product to get my clothes soft enough.

The scent smells good in the bottle but it's very faint on clothes.

A great fabric softener.

Comments about Suavitel Fabric Softener:

Suavitel fabric softener really does work wonderfully. For the longest time I only wanted to use Downey fabric softener but it started to get so expensive. When I read the reviews for Suavitel I thought it was worth the chance to try it out. I was so surprised at the results, this fabric softener not only made my clothes smell amazing for weeks at a time but it also kept my clothes looking great! I think the greatest thing about Suavitel Fabric Softener is the price! It's so affordable and it works great! I also love that it is convenient to use. The top of the bottle tells you exactly how much to put in the washer! I would highly recommend this product. I do plan on purchasing it again.

I was so surprised by the performance of this product! I really noticed a difference in my clothes. They looked and felt great!

The scent is so refreshing. It stays with the clothes for weeks to keep them smelling fresh and clean!

Every blanket I crochet must have Suavitel in the wash!!!

from Olean, NY

Comments about Suavitel Fabric Softener:

I bought this fabric softener on the recommendation of a friend. I started using it on my grandchildren's clothing. I had crocheted a blanket for a friend and washed it with Suavitel in the load. She loved the blanket but couldn't stop talking about the smell! She loved it! Now I use it for all my crocheted items!

Easy and inexpensive per load. Everything comes out smelling wonderful! I am not a big perfume person, and I love the smell this fabric softener leaves on clothing. I have never had anyone complain about the scent or any type of sensitivity to the fabric softener itself.

It is not overpowering, and it leaves your clothes with a wonderful smelling load of clothes or in my case blankets/afghans. I have even had people look at my finished blankets and ask where that great smell is (if I have not washed it first). I have shared the product name with several friends and family members.

Best value for the price

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Suavitel Fabric Softener:

I like a nice fresh smell in my linens after they come out of the dryer, and this product offers the best price per volume. For one of the lowest prices, they offer the largest bottle. It also offers sufficient scent strength that I can still use a little to get the result I like. I have found Suavitel in a variety of scents and different colored bottles to suit my mood, too.

My clothes come out soft and nice smelling. Even my husband´s sweaty clothes and underwear come out nice too.

Very pleasant aromas, especially the ones with the florals.

great smell and not heavy

Comments about Suavitel Fabric Softener:

Love the smell, clothes come out soft and non static.

It leaves your clothes soft and it has never stained my clothes. I do notice that i use a small bit more than other brands to get the level of fragrance I like.

LOVE THE SMELL!! The scent is long lasting too. But it is not a heavy smell it is great for linens.