3.8

3.8

Pros

Cons

• Absorption:

Wow! An affordable, moisturizing lotion that smells divine!

This isn't a product that I normally would buy.  Although I use Suave hair products regularly, I swore off drug store moisturizers several years ago after an unpleasant experience with a Jergen's cherry-almond product.  My mother filled a basket for the ladies room of our wedding reception with deodorant, hairspray, mouthwash, mints, and a bunch of other things, including this moisturizer.  I brought everything that was left home and have been using the products ever since.  The *Suave Cocoa Butter with Shea Moisturizing Lotion* has been my favorite find!

This moisturizer comes in an 18 fluid ounce bottle with a pump-dispenser.  It contains glycerin, mineral oil, cocoa butter, shea butter, petrolatum, dimethicone, and other hydrating ingredients both natural and synthetic.  It doesn't contain the highest-quality components, but what can you expect for a couple of bucks?

This lotion is easy to dispense, easy to spread, and absorbs quickly into skin.  It leaves my body feeling soft and hydrated, and I just love that cocoa butter scent.  I have been using *Suave Cocoa Butter with Shea Moisturizing Lotion* after my morning shower each day and have had great results! Obviously, it isn't as deeply hydrating as the super-thick and rich creams and butters that I normally use, but it keeps my skin feeling moisturized for about twelve hours.  That's incredible for something so inexpensive! I will definitely be buying this moisturizer again.

You get what you pay for.

This Suave Skin Therapy Cocoa Butter with Shea lotion is very cheap, and as expected, you get what you pay for. The scent is about the only redeeming quality of this lotion. As far as moisturizing your skin, its results are quite below average, the lotion is pretty watery, and you have to put a ton of lotion on in order to feel any type of result. Even then, if your skin is like mine, that is dry most of the time, you will feel like you need to re-apply lotion less than one hour after having applied Suave's Skin Therapy lotion. It is just too runny and watered down.

The scent is just about the only redeeming quality of this Suave lotion. It does smell absolutely wonderful and leaves a nice scent on your skin for about 30 minutes after application. I do wish the scent would last a bit longer.

Absorption
Because this lotion is so (too light) it goes on very easily (too easily) and gets absorbed right away. But that also means you'll feel like your skin is dry again shortly after application.

I like Suave's hair products, but as far as skin moisturizers is concerned, it is very sub-par and does really do much for my skin. If you have a tight budget, I suppose this is a decent option, but even then, there are better products that have comparable prices on the market.

I liked it

from Statesboro, GA

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Effective
  • Gentle
  • Not Messy

Cons

Comments about Suave Smoothing with Cocoa Butter & Shea Body Lotion:

I actually purchased this randomly one day, but I actually was surprised that I liked it a lot. It isn't my favorite cocoa/shea butter lotion, but it does work well. The price comes across as much more affordable that others on the market. It leaves my skin smooth and soft.

Smells great, feels great, and great consistency!

Comments about Suave Smoothing with Cocoa Butter & Shea Body Lotion:

I've been using the Suave Cocoa Butter lotion for about 2 years now. I like to switch up my lotion brands, but I've grown to love this one. It feels great on your skin. The consistency isn't too runny or too thick, it's very easy to spread. I love the smell of the lotion; however, if you dislike a light cocoa butter smell, I wouldn't recommend it. I'm a fan of cocoa butter and shea butter products, so I absolutely love it! This lotion is great for the skin, it leaves your skin soft with a light cocoa butter scent. I wouldn't recommend this one for super, super dry skin, but it does work well for normal to dry skin. Not only that, but it also helps to lighten dark stretch mark areas!

Absorption
      Takes a few minutes but once it's absorbed, the smell of it stays on you all day

I use it as soon as I get out the shower

Very nice lotion!

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about Suave Smoothing with Cocoa Butter & Shea Body Lotion:

I really do think that Suave Smoothing with Cocoa Butter and Shea Body Lotion is wonderful! It works wonders for my dry and itchy skin. It is an amazing all over body lotion. It makes my skins feel so nice and soft and really helps with the itching from the problems of very dry skin. It is so nice and light and it is never heavy or greasy. I have been a long time user of many of the Suave products for skin and hair and I will continue to purchase them for a long time. it also has a very pleasant fragrance. It is very affordable so it doesn't break the budget. It also has a little bit of a skin firming effect which is amazing!

I absolutely love the nice fragrance! The cocoa scent smells heavenly and almost smells good enough to eat. It is light and never too strong.

Absorption
      It absorbs in the skin quite well and doesn't leave a greasy residue. It makes the process of applying it very good.

It is so effective in making my skin feel soft and smooth and it even helps the itching.

• Absorption:

I can't say that I liked this lotion much

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Suave Smoothing with Cocoa Butter & Shea Body Lotion:

I was hoping for more from this lotion. I have another suave lotion that I like a lot. This one just didn't hit the spot. First of all I was hoping that I would like the scent more. I found myself really not liking the smell of this lotion. It is hard to explain why. It just had a weird smell. I also didn't find that it did that much for my skin. It was a little oily and felt like it didn't go on thick. Now it was a good price and you can get a lot in the bigger bottles for the price. I just don't think that it is worth it. I am not against suave. I use other products. I just don't like this one. My hands didn't feel very moisturized after I had put it on. The moisturizing part didn't last long.

Some people liked this smell, but I think that it smelled gross. I didn't like the scent that I had on me after I had put it on.

Absorption
      It absorbs, but still feels a little oily.

For me it wasn't very effective. It smelled, was oily and didn't keep my hands

Good lotion

from Empire, AL

Comments about Suave Smoothing with Cocoa Butter & Shea Body Lotion:

I tried Suave with cocoa butter and shea about 2 weeks ago. I was very impressed with this lotion. It has a nice, light scent that doesn’t overpower you when you are applying. It goes on very smooth and doesn’t feel too greasy. I am very picky when it comes to lotion because I hate to feel sticky and with this Suave lotion, you won’t be left sticky or greasy. I suffer from dry skin frequently because I am constantly washing my hands. When my skin gets dry my hands crack open and bleed. It is hard to find a lotion that does not burn when I apply it due to the presence of alcohol. But with this particular Suave lotion, it did not burn when applied to cracked skin. I used it all over my body and it helped temporarily with my dry skin. But you do need to keep reapplying. I am not so sure it lasted 24 hours like my bottle says, but it does ease the itchiness due to dry skin for a lengthy period. It worked pretty good. I believe I would get more when this bottle runs out.

The scent is nice and not too strong.

Absorption
      It absorbs almost immediately.

It does a good job without leaving you greasy.

• Absorption:

For a cheaper lotion it works really good.

Comments about Suave Smoothing with Cocoa Butter & Shea Body Lotion:

I tried the Suave lotion because I needed lotion but I felt like saving money. I wasn't so sure about it at first but I saw that it was pretty cheap and it was a lot of lotion for the price. It actually works really good. I put it all over my body and I like it because it is not too heavy but not all thin to the point that it doesn't really moisturize. It lasts a good part of the day on my legs and arms but I do apply it twice just to keep my skin from getting ashy.

This scent was the most ok out of all the other scents. It's not the greatest but it's not that bad either. A friend of mine said that I smelled like cupcakes so I guess that's a good thing

Absorption
      It works good on my hands but I do have to reapply it after I wash my hands. Even if my hands aren't that dry it's just habit. My arms and legs do need to have lotion reapplied twice a day because I notice my legs start to get a little ashy toward the middle of the day but it isn't that bad.

It works pretty good. It'll be my go to lotion on the times I can't get the brand of lotion that I really want but I have to save money.

Good quality!

Comments about Suave Smoothing with Cocoa Butter & Shea Body Lotion:

I am a huge lotion snob and tend to have a negative opinion on most cheap lotions that are sold at department stores. However, after receiving a sample of the Suave Skin Therapy Cocoa Butter with Shea, I immediately went out and purchased a large bottle. I was extremely impressed with the smell. It did not have the medicine smell that I have noticed in other Suave lotions. It is an attractive smell, but it is very subtle and modest. I highly recommend this product.

Absorption
      It is a little on the watery side, but it is not too bad.

This lotion has really helped my dry, itchy skin this winter.

• Absorption:

A good moisturizer for the price!

Comments about Suave Smoothing with Cocoa Butter & Shea Body Lotion:

I have used Suave skin Therapy cocoa butter with shea moisturizing lotion continuously for around 2 years until my dermatologist asked me to start using fragrance free moisturizing lotion. This lotion is too good, it moisturizes and hydrates the skin deep within. Especially, I loved it's smell, a very subtle fragrance of cocoa that actually makes you feel fresh. A big bottle is cheaper to buy and really goes a long way, better if purchased with coupons which are available very often.
      This lotion has everything one can expect out of a good moisturizer, it does not leave your skin feeling greasy or sticky. It absorbs really well, I preferred applying it on damp skin for better absorption. Overall it is a decent purchase for a reasonable price, I will recommend this product to anyone with dry or extra dry skin, not sure how will it work for combination or oily skin!

Suave Skin Therapy Cocoa Butter with Shea is a good deal

from Pennsylvania

Comments about Suave Smoothing with Cocoa Butter & Shea Body Lotion:

I've used Suave Skin Therapy Cocoa Butter with Shea for many years and have been happy with the results. It works great at moisturizing my skin and keeping it soft and supple. Only recently when I began to read about harmful ingredients such as sulfates and parabens did I stop using this product. The price is great and it does its job, however I worried about using all the harmful chemicals on my skin.

I think the best part about this product is the scent. It smells like a cross between a tropical beach vacation and chocolate. Everyone always asks me what I'm wearing when I use this lotion. It's very light and subtle but smells yummy!

Absorption
      Suave Skin Therapy Cocoa Butter with Shea absorbs quickly without being greasy or heavy. It's very light on my skin and doesn't clog my pores like heavier creams and lotions.

This is a great inexpensive product and if Suave would just remove the dangerous ingredients from their products, I would be a life-long customer.

• Absorption:

Good body lotion with a nice scent

Comments about Suave Smoothing with Cocoa Butter & Shea Body Lotion:

I received a free sample of the Suave body lotion Cocoa Butter with Shea, and I have to say, I quite like it, and would definitely consider picking up the retail size next time I need to purchase body lotion. I usually prefer unscented lotions, but for this one, I really do not mind that it has a scent. As someone who washes her hands a lot throughout the day due to my job in a lab, I need to use lotion quite a bit, especially during these dry-aired winter months, to keep my hands from cracking. Thus, I use the body lotion mainly for my hands, but also sometimes on my body after a shower. It absorbs fairly quickly, and is also one of the more effective body lotions I have tried. However, for my hands, I would prefer something more heavy duty, so to speak. But I would definitely recommend this body lotion. Just take a sniff to make sure that you like the scent before purchasing it.

I love the scent. It reminds me of Las Vegas!

Absorption
      It absorbs pretty quickly.

Fairly effective for softening the skin.