Other Shampoos:
Suave
Suave Shampoo (All Varieties)

Suave Shampoo (All Varieties)

Pros

Cons

Cheap and Great shampoo

This shampoo, I purchase because it's always on sale and cheap. I never really paid attention to how it made my hair look, it was just shampoo and I went about my days. Yes, my hair was clean, but I never thought twice about it. One day, I went to a new salon to get my hair cut, and while there the lady cutting my hair commented how smooth and shiney my hair was. I thanked her and a little while later she mentioned my hair again, and finally asked what kind of shampoo I used. I had to think about it for a minute and just told her it was the cheapest shampoo I could find. And she was actually shocked to find out it wasn't a super expensive shampoo, it was a cheap on sale shampoo. She asked me a second time what kind of shampoo I used and again was surprised how nice my hair felt and looked, with just a cheap shampoo. Since that day, I paid attention to how my hair looked and have realized that my hair is smooth and shiny. I am impressed with this product and continue to purchase it. I pass along my story to other woman when our topic of conversation turns to hair, and always leave them wondering if they should try the cheap brand over their expensive brand of shampoo.

affordable hair care

i really like suave.  it is quality at an affordable price. whenever i use this shampoo, my hair smells good and it looks healthy.  i use a blow dryer at least  four times a week, i use hairspray almost everyday, and sometimes more than once a day. i also use permanent hair color at home about once every two months, so you can see how damaged and dry my hair must be.  suave helps my hair not only look good, but feel good and it helps me style it to a look i like.

The best part about using Suave; it's price!  The quality of their product along with the low, affordable, everyday price makes this product one of my favorites!

As if that weren't enough reasons to purchase this product, there is one more reason i think Suave is so great.  They have a wonerful line of scents in their products.  I really enjoy how my hair smells after it is shampooed.  It has a freshness and naturalness that makes me stand out.  I get compliments about my hair all the time and I always tell them to buy Suave and they can have great smelling plus good looking hair, too!

As far as shampoos go, Suave is not my favorite.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Suave Shampoo (All Varieties):

Suave's shampoos are definitely ones that I am not a fan of. I do not like them very much because, out of every one I have tried, they all make my hair very dry and brittle. This includes the shampoos that are made for hair that is already dry. They are not an expensive brand, which is a plus, but it shows in the quality of the product. I have used other products made my Suave and I was happy with them, but the shampoo definitely falls short. Also, the scents of the shampoos I have tried have not been good. The scents all smelled fake and processed to me. That did not impress me at all. I had to use a lot of product to shampoo my hair, because it did not lather as well as I would have wanted. It is definitely not worth buying this product just because it costs less. Quality ingredients were left out because this product definitely does not live up to the standard of what I would expect from the shampoo industry. I would not recommend this shampoo to anyone.

disappointing quality

Comments about Suave Shampoo (All Varieties):

I do not like any of the Suave shampoos I have tried. I have tried a lot because they are such a great price and they sucker me in with their amazing scents, and I do love their body washes. It seems like the different lines they have in their brand are all hit or miss. I love their body washes, their conditioners are okay but pretty average, and their shampoos are not good at all.
I have very thick, curly hair that has a tendency to be more on the dry side, and to frizz. These shampoos don't do anything to help any of these problems. It does not moisturize my hair, and does nothing to prevent against frizziness. The only positive I can give the formula is that it doesn't weigh my hair down. It is not very good at producing suds and so I don't feel it evenly distributes through my hair getting everything clean.
The different scents are amazing however. Suave does know how to make good smelling shampoos. Now if only they could make them smell good and perform.

Cheap quality

Comments about Suave Shampoo (All Varieties):

I really dislike using Suave shampoo. Its cheap and affordable, but that's because its a cheap inferior product. I feel it over-dries your hair and suds away all your hair's beauty down the drain. After using Suave shampoo my hair feels dried out and tangly. I have long, fine hair, and a lot of it, and I hate the results after using the Suave products. If you had really short hair, maybe a male perhaps, then this shampoo seems to do the basic job. It cleans your hair, but doesn't condition it. Don't expect luxurious hair, or even conditioned hair after using this product. Instead, be prepared for a stringy, tangled mess.

Its cheap, so don't expect great results. I was not surprised that it did not do a great job on my hair. Its a basic product for a basic price.

There are a variety of scents, that are fruity or flowery, depending on your liking. I actually didn't mind the scents too much. It brought me back to my young adolescent days when I loved all the products that smelled sweet and yummy.

Suave Strawberry shampoo

Comments about Suave Shampoo (All Varieties):

Great brand at a great value. Just effective a the expensive brands.

Just a nickel size amount, if you have short to medium length hair will clean your hair.

Very pleasing strawberry scent awakens your senses, making you feel like you are around fresh berries, but not over powering as some fruit scented shampoos tend to attract bees.

Great Smelling Brand with a lovely scent.

Comments about Suave Shampoo (All Varieties):

I love how it lathers when it meets your hair. The smell sweeps over into your nose as the water and shampoo mixed. I prefer the strawberry or fruit smelling ones. Great brand at a decent price. I prefer this brand over any other.

My hair is difficult to work with. It makes it soft and smooth and restricts the tangles. I have wavy to curly hair so it works well with my hair. I usually don't have to use much at all. Just a small amount goes a long way with this shampoo. I brought a bottle two months ago, and I just now finished it. I wish I found this brand before I tested so many brands in trial and error.

The fruit smelling ones are delicious. The smells fill the bathroom and linger long after. I love to smell my hair. So does my husband. My little boy loves the ocean smells and the strawberries. My hair usually smells sweet the next morning. I would recommend trying it if you have hair like mine.

I have never had a bad Suave shampoo

Comments about Suave Shampoo (All Varieties):

Low price and excellent quality. All of the Suave shampoos have worked well in my hair, never had a problem. I have liked all of the scents, some better than others - but that is up to personal taste. Also some scents could last longer or be stronger. That too is personal opinion. Worth the money and your time!

Some could be stronger

Great Shampoo for the Money

Comments about Suave Shampoo (All Varieties):

Suave is practically the only shampoo I use. It leaves my hair clean and full of body without drying it out. It smells wonderful and cost much less than other brands. Even when I have a coupon for other brands, Suave is usually still the cheaper choice. When I do use another brand, most of the time I spend more and I am usually sorry and always end up going right back to Suave.

My hair is clean and full of body. It is very easy to style and smells wonderful. It doesn't dry my hair out even though I use it everyday. It doesn't strip my color or damage my hair in any way. It just leaves it clean and ready to style. My hair is long, full and very healthy thanks to Suave.

It smells wonderful and that's important because we all know smells cling to hair. It's nice to know when I hug someone that my hair smells good. It has such a nice, clean and fresh fragrance. I really like the way it smells.

Great, affordable shampoo

Comments about Suave Shampoo (All Varieties):

This is my go-to shampoo because it has the best cost-result balance. It leaves my hair feeling clean and has a great smell to it. Also, it's affordable enough that I don't freak out when my boyfriend wastes it when he showers. It doesn't have the deep conditioning effect on my hair that some more expensive shampoos have but for an everyday shampoo it does exactly what I need.

This shampoo leaves my hair feeling clean as not dried out. It doesn't seem to do much or the health or strength of my hair. But it doesn't make it worse either. I've found that it works great for an everyday, clean my hair in the shower, but if my hair were feeling dry or damages I may switch in something else to help with those issues.

I love these scents. I particularly like the coconut scent and have gotten complements in how it makes my hair smell. There are a bunch f different scents, each of them delicious but not over powering.

Good Price for A Good Basic Shampoo

Profile Image

from North Hanover, NJ

Comments about Suave Shampoo (All Varieties):

Money can be tight these days and Suave offers a good basic shampoo at a good basic price. It comes in a large variety of scents from Vanilla to Aloe to Ocean breeze and more . I like the Ocean breeze and the basic Daily Clarifying shampoo. tey are all just basic shampoos, no bells or whistles here. The price is right though and generally in my area runs about 1.59. Many times I find it on sale for .99 cents. Each scent has a coordinating cream rinse to go with it. It lathers up well and rinses clean easily. If your hair feels gooped up from other products , this shampoo will strip the residue out of your hair and make it feel clean again. The only problem with Suave is that if you use it for too long, your hair starts to dry out and it is not very moisturizing. All in all though, it cleans well and is a good price shampoo. It is good for all types and lengths of hair. I recommend it but not for the long term everyday use due to the drying factor.

Mixed results

from Southfield, MI

Comments about Suave Shampoo (All Varieties):

Overall, Suave is not my favorite brand of hair care products. Their line of Suave professionals is a joke, in my opinion. I have received a full size bottle of shampoo and a full size bottle of conditioner to try out and ended up tossing both in the trash after one wash because of how awful they made my hair feel. I don't know why they think selling this junk by claiming it's professional quality is an alright thing to do, but it's definitely misleading.
Some of their regular shampoos and conditioners are alright though. They're not my first choice, but there have been plenty of times in the past 15 years that I've been short on cash and needed to have clean hair. Suave is a huge help in that situation!

You really have to try different formulas of Suave to find one that works for you. I would definitely recommend the regular Suave over the Suave Professionals line though.

Some of their products smell very good. There was one that came in a dark pink see through bottle that smelled like strawberries that I LOVED. I'm not even sure they make it anymore, but if they don't, well they should start again! Their Suave Professionals Almond and Shea butter, that scent leaves a lot to be desired.