Other Shampoos:
Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo

Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Worth more than what you pay for

I am a sucker for hair smoothers and a good deal, so when I saw the suave smooth line on sale at  my local grocery store, I couldn't refuse to buy it.Read complete review

Although it is nothing compared to high end products, I have to say that is one of the best mass merchandised hair products out there.

The smoothing creme is great at detangling my tangle prone hair as well as fights the humditiy/frizz all day.

Overall, my hair is easy to manage - using this line gaurantees a couple of shampoo free days that may be nescessary with my current lifestyle. Also, Suave is animal-cruelty free - which I think is reason enough to purchase.

does not achieve claimed results

I am not impressed with this shampoo which claims to help dry or frizzy hair.

I am not impressed with this shampoo which claims to help dry or frizzy hair.

It sudses well and rinses well and is biodegradeable (as well all Shampoo products should be). However, upon drying, my hair remained frizzy and the ends felt dry. I have my hair trimmed on a regular basis - its not like I have split ends. I also color my hair but the claim to smooth as well as matrix ? I do not agree. perhaps this would be a good product for a younger person who tends to have more oils emitted from the scalp. I found after drying ( I do not blow dry ), I had to dampen my hair using a dime size portion or more of conditioner which I have been doing at the advice of a hair stylist. My hair still remained frizzy. I have always had straight hair so this bothers me and I feel this product does not live up to its claim. The Suave Sleek shampoo does offer a satisfaction guarantee to replace or refund and gives a contact number. I think I will take them up on that offer.

The price is reasonable and so is the shampoo

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo:

I was looking for a product that would help with frizz and fly away strands of my hair. I am pretty conservative and do not like to spend a lot of money on hair products, so I tried this. It was not the best, yet not the worst either. It did make my hair feel very soft and manageable, but I didn't see any results on my hair being sleek and smooth. It did not help with the frizz at all, my hair looked the same. This was more of just an everyday shampoo than something that is suppose to help with frizz.

This shampoo lathered up well and my hair felt very clean, but I did not see any results with my hair looking less frizzy or dry. I needed a conditioner after using this product. I thought since it was more of a sleek shampoo that it may make my hair too heavy looking if I used a conditioner as well, but it did not. My hair felt dry without the conditioner.

The scent was nice, and made my hair smell very good. It was stronger than most shampoos which I like.

Keeps my hair straight

Comments about Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo:

I have really frizzy, long hair, so I try to use shampoos that help straiten my hair whenever possible. One that works pretty well on my hair is the Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo. I typically use only a small amount of this shampoo on my hair. It lathers really nicely, and it leaves my hair feeling clean. I don't have to worry about my hair getting oily or dry when I use this shampoo. It seems to really moisturize my hair which helps with the frizziness and fly-aways.

This shampoo also has a great scent. It leaves my hair smelling clean throughout the day. Since I have color-treated hair, I also worry about shampoos being too harsh on my hair. I don't have to worry about that with Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo. It doesn't fade my color at all.

This does a great job of keeping my hair moisturized so my hair does not get too frizzy throughout the day.

This has a great scent that keeps my hair smelling nice all day long.

A little too sleek for me

Comments about Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo:

Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo isn't the best choice for someone who has oily hair, like me. When I used this, I liked the fact that it did make my hair seem more "sleek" and smooth, but that sleekness also didn't last long enough because my hair would get oily too fast after just a day. I usually wash my hair every other day, so when a shampoo doesn't let me last that long I won't keep using it. Unlike other Suave shampoos, this one doesn't keep your hair from getting oily too fast because it does a probably better job at moisturizing your hair and helping control frizz. Unfortunately, this isn't suited to my hair. If you have drier, damaged, or curly hair, this might be a good choice for you. But if you're younger and still have to deal with oily hair, find another shampoo! Or, be prepared to wash your hair every single day in order to keep yourself looking sharp and presentable.

Good styling product

Comments about Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo:

I have had this particular styling product for a few years now, and although I am a suave fan, I really felt like this product was just ok. The product is supposed to help keep the frizz in your hair on the downlo and while it does do that a little bit it really did not work that well on my hair. It could have no worked because of my super thick hair. However, it came in great packaging.

This product really did not do what is was supposed to in the way of helping me get frizz to stay out of my hair. Now this could very well be because I have extremely thick hair, and a lot of it, or it could just be because the product does not work that well. I do not know, maybe I just did not use enough of it.

When thinking about the scent of this styling product, I do not think that it really had a distinct smell to it which is not necessarily a bad thing, especially when most people wear perfume or other scented products as it is.

Shampoo Haeven

from Saint Marys, OH

Comments about Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo:

I have used this Suave shampoo product for several years. and love it. It out performs many more expensive shampoos. I love the fragrance and the thick texture of the shampoo. A small amount goes a long way, creating lots of luxuriant "suds" that feel good in the hair and do a great job of cleaning. It rinses out easily and leaves my hair soft and ready to comb through and style. I have gifted this shampoo to my daughter-in-law in the past and she now asks for it as a stocking stuffer at Christmas time and also expects a couple of bottles on her birthday. I try to stock up for myself but find that my family member s reach for it in the shower over the bottles of shampoo that they have bought for themselves. From now on I may as well only buy this shampoo for my household!

MMMMMMmmmmmm............

Amateur Shampoo with Average Results

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo:

In my experience, there's nothing remarkable about this shampoo--good or bad. It is quite honestly the most ordinary shampoo I've ever used on my hair.

I thought that a shampoo formulated especially for dry and/or frizzy hair would be creamy and moisturizing. However, Suave Professional Sleek is better suited for amateur hour, in my opinion. The scent is blah, the consistency of the shampoo was a little thin, and the lather is neither rich nor stimulating.

Most importantly, the results were simply average. My hair felt reasonably clean and reasonably detangled, but nothing close to professionally sleek and optimally moisturized. I would recommend it only as an inexpensive product to have on hand if you're looking for a no-frills shampoo. However, if you're expecting a salon-level shampooing experience you're probably going to be disappointed.

Really, what little scent there is in this shampoo isn't memorable in the least. It was sort of ho-hum. On the plus side, it won't interfere with your cologne or other fragrance.

Transformed My Hair Into A Tangled-Mess!

from obɐɔıɥɔ, IL

Comments about Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo:

I have yet to find the perfect shampoo for my hair. Until then, I've been using this 32oz bottle of "Suave Professionals Shampoo, Sleek, For Dry or Frizzy Hair." This moisturizing shampoo, that's enriched with a silk protein & vitamin E complex, is supposed to transform dry or frizzy hair into a healthy looking salon smooth style. After using this shampoo, my hair was supoosed to be up to 7X smoother! Ummm, that didn't happen in my case. My hair felt/looked clean and it smelled good but I was left with tangles that were in need of alot of conditioner! I'll be shopping for a new brand after this bottle runs out. I won't be recommending this to any friend!

Sauve Sleek is sleek on hair and the wallet

from Cleveland, OH

Comments about Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo:

Simply divine.. smells heavenly and makes your hair soft to touch. I have thick coarse hair, not to mention lot of it though it is only chin lenght. Curiously i picke up this shampoo coz i had the coupon for it.. and then the conditioner. The first use itself i could feel the difference.. the hair was clean but not the squeakiness left by other shampoos of the same brand.The fragrance is not over powering and actually stays in your hair for a few days. The conditioner application makes it so soft and touchable and my hair felt bouncy and shiny. I think i have found my to-go shampoo conditioner shampoo which is not jsut comparable but better than its pricier deppt store and salon counterparts. A must try even if you have curly hair. and definitely can't beat the price. I got mine (shampoo+ conditioner) on sale for less than the price of a coffee.

Suave Professional Sleek Shampoo. Bargain-Friendly Results!

from Glen Ellyn, IL

Comments about Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo:

The hair care (shampoo/conditioner) aisle of any major supermarket is jam-packed with options. From expensive SOUNDING products to products which are downright just expensive. Suave products tend to be in the bottom third of the price range and in the past, I have found the performance of their products to be within that range, too. NOT SO with Suave Professional Sleek Shampoo.

I have thick, naturally wavy hair and I love this shampoo, especially in combination with Suave Professional Sleek Conditioner. The product delivers on its promises -- smooth, sleek, shiny hair EVERYTIME! It is not a miracle-in-a-bottle, so don't expect pin-straight hair immediately upon exiting the shower, but I have found the moisturizing elements of this shampoo to be above average. I like the smell and I love the price.

If you are looking for a budget-friendly hair care (shampoo) option, look no further than Suave Professional Sleek Shampoo!

Sauve Professionals is my new favorite

from Campbell, OH

Comments about Suave Professionals Sleek Shampoo:

Ok, so I have frizzy hari, very long and frizzy hair. I have used a lot of products on my hair to try and get it to a managable point. But after a long time, those products get pricey. And since I've become being a stay-at-home mom, I can't afford the samethings anymore. So after becoming intresed in the new sauve professionals product line, I decided to try it. The shampoo and conditioner was in my opinion cheap enough. The first time I used it, I thougt it was awesome. The shampoo and conditoner smelled great. The shampoo was a nice and thick, the conditioner however wasnt, so I really didnt think it would work. But I tried it anywasy, I bought it. Its isnt as think as pantene is, but it worked. My hair came clean and felt great. But after it dried was the real test. I did not style my hair as I normally do, I just left it to air-dry. And to my surprise my hair was smooth and shiny. Just after one wash!! I am very pleased with the new sauve product line. This is going to same me money and time. No more do I have to add other products to my frizzy hair to keep it looking great through out the day.