Other Shampoos:
Suave

Pros

Cons

A quick, affordable way to get my hair clean and manageable.

Suave professionals 2 in 1 plus shampoo is my go to product for everyday shampooing.  It is one of the least expensive products on the market and the bottle lasts for a couple of months even though I have long, thick hair and I share the bottle with my husband.  I love the convenience of having the shampoo and conditioner combined in one product.  With a busy family that includes an infant saving a step is a lifesaver!  When I have used a separate conditioner it easily adds another 5 minutes to the length of my shower.  With this product I can get in and out of the shower in less then 10 minutes, including a shampoo!  I have thick, coarse hair that I wear fairly long.  It is very healthy but if I don't use conditioner every time I shampoo getting a comb through it is not an easy task.  This product provides enough conditioning to keep my hair manageable and soft without over conditioning it and making it greasy.  I have used several separate shampoo and conditioners in the past and some of them have left my hair greasy and heavy.  Others have done a great job and left my hair even nicer then the Suave professional 2 in 1 shampoo but the extra time and expense aren't worth it for everyday use.  Unless you have very dry or very damaged hair I would wholeheartedly recommend this product.

Suave 2 in 1 Plus Shampoo- Smell this first, then decide.

I bought Suave Professional 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner because I have normal to oily hair which leans more towards oily.  I wanted a shampoo plus conditioner that cleaned my hair while making it softer and more manageable.  I have used other Suave Professional hair care products before this one and was impressed with the quality for the price.  That is the reason why I bought this.

My first impression was that the bottle was a big bottle, bluish green in color and pretty.  I made the mistake of not opening and smelling the shampoo/conditioner before buying it.  I will never do that again!  When I got home, I didn't use it right away. I used it for the first time maybe 3 or 4 days after I bought it.

It smelled really horrible. I honestly do not know what is in it, but it doesn't smell like something anyone would want to use in their hair.  It actually reminds me of the old Prell Shampoo before it came out with different fragrances.

As a product, however, it works well.  I feel like my hair comes out soft and shiny.  It also is easier to manage than with other shampoos.  I also feel like I am not losing as much hair with this shampoo and conditioner than with other ones.

I feel that if you like the smell or can bear the smell of the shampoo, then only spend your money on this shampoo.  It works well and leaves your hair feeling soft and shiny.  I feel that you lose less hair with this shampoo as it smoothes out your hair leaving it soft, less tangled and it also lets the brush or comb go through your hair more easily.  This seems to leave more hair on your head that on the brush/comb or floor.

Enjoy the duality of Suave 2 in 1 Plus Shampoo only if you can tolerate the smell.

from Grand Rapids, MN

Comments about Suave Professionals Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner:

Suave Professionals Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner is a fair product. Its main upsides include that it is inexpensive, easy to find at most common stores, frequently on sale or has coupons that can be found, and can be used on all types of hair. Its main downside is that with regular use of Suave Professionals Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner you get old conditioner build up after even just a few days to weeks of use.

Suave Professionals Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner does get your hair clean and conditioned in a single step. As I listed above, the problem is with conditioner build-up feeling on your hair. This is in particular because with washing my hair I like to scrub and massage my scalp and then with conditioning I like to just condition the ends. Obviously, with a 2 in 1 product that is not possible.

Suave Professionals Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner comes in several different scents. I have used a couple of different ones and have not found one with a horrible scent but neither have a found one with a scent that totally wowed me either.

Kind of like this stuff.

from Rome,GA

Comments about Suave Professionals Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner:

My wife bought this to try while she was out shopping for some other items and just happened across it and wanted to give it a try. we have 2 boys and they tend to overe use a lot of bath time products. She thought maybe with a single product the time and product waste would go down somewhat. The product is great we all enjoy using it and the way it leaves your hair feeling soft and clean, without all the greasy mess of a separate conditioner. The scent is nice yet light not to overpowering like some other products we have tried. My oldest son really likes it but it hasn't really slowed down the over use any. My wife says she would permanently switch to this if it's alright with the rest of us, I would have to agree its a really good product at a great price.

Very effective product doesn't require a lot to do a great job cleaning and conditioning.

This shampoo has a nice scent not to strong or outrageous. I like the scent but others may find it too be to light of a smell, I personally don't care for strong over powering smells.

Suave 2 in 1

Comments about Suave Professionals Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner:

I must say for being so affordable the Suave Professionals Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo plus Conditioner is a really good, salon quality hair care product. I really like two in one products as I am a busy mom and have little time to take care of myself. This shampoo plus conditioner not only works well but smells really good as well. I have long wavy hair and my hair is easy to comb, soft, smooth, and manageable after using this product. I am really happy Suave is around to make affordable hair care products.

This two in one product is very effective at combining both a shampoo and conditioner. It not only cleans my hair very well but leaves it soft and easy to manage. I have no problems combing my hair after using this product, no separate products are needed.

Suave 2 in 1 smells very good! It is not super strong or overwhelming, just a nice light floral scent to it. Very pleasing to smell while using it.

Wanted to give this a try, but never again

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Suave Professionals Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner:

I have seen many brands start to carry the 2-1 products, so I thought I would give this Suave product a try. I have had success with Suave in the past and since this product wasn't very expensive, I bought it. I thought it would work well for my husband since he never uses conditioner.
This product made our hair feel terrible and dry. It was brittle looking and lifeless. I could not use this as an everyday product, my hair needs the added moisture that conditioner gives it.
This is not a great product at all, and I would not recommend it.

This product made my hair look terrible. It was very dry and I could hardly get a comb through it. I could feel my hair breaking as I was trying to comb it. This product was not for me.

The scent was good, it was a clean, yet light scent that stayed with my hair throughout the day. The scent was the best part of this product. I wish the product worked better since I really liked the scent.

Strips Your Hair Clean-Too Clean

from Blackwell, OK

Comments about Suave Professionals Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner:

I don't know why hair product companies combine shampoo and conditioner because rarely do any of these companies make a decent two in one product. My wife and I both have dry, coarse hair. So, we need nourishing hair care products. It's great when you can get a shampoo and conditioner that does a good job at cleaning and moisturizing hair. However, Suave Professional 2 in 1 Shampoo+Conditioner damages and strips your hair of much needed moisture. I'm not for sure what the company means by calling it "Professional". There isn't anything professional about this product, it's horrible for any hair type, even oily hair. This product does deep clean hair, but it does it a little too well!

This product isn't good to use on any hair type. I don't know where they put the conditioner because it's not in this formula. All this product managed to do was dry my hair out, and make it more coarse than it was. I had to do a conditioning treatment on my hair after using this. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, even those with excessive oily hair or scalp. Some of Suave's products are pretty good for the low price you pay for them, but this one needs to be redesigned.

This product didn't really smell very good compared to many of Suave's other products.

Suave 2 in 1: The Only Shampoo I Would Ever Use

Comments about Suave Professionals Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner:

Suave 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner, for my money, might be the only shampoo I would ever use. I myself have very thick, curly hair, and it is truly difficult to find the right shampoo that suits my needs, and helps my entire head of hair feel clean and have bounce to it. Suave 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner is the one shampoo that satisfies those needs for me. It really does feel like I have a new head of hair each time I lather and then rinse Suave 2-in-1 from my scalp. My scalp is free of itch, my hair feels like it has been bequeathed with fresh air, once I step out of the shower. I have not had this kind of success with any other shampoo in the past, you name it: Herbal Essence, Pantene Pro-V, Head and Shoulders. Not one of them could hold a candle to the efficacy of Suave 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner. Whether I've had an active day of yard work or exercise, or I've gone a day or two without showering, or I'm just doing my daily cleaning routine, Suave 2-in-1` Shampoo and Conditioner is the shampoo for me.

This is an amazing product for the price.

Comments about Suave Professionals Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner:

Since I have been using Suave 2 in 1 with moisturizers, I have noticed a drastic improvement in the feel and manageability of my hair. I would be willing to recommend this product to anyone that believes in getting the most out of their money.

It is amazing to me that something as simple as a shampoo can make such a difference in the way I feel on a daily basis. It makes my hair feel great.

The is not much of a scent to this shampoo which makes it nice for both men and women.

Waste of money

from Drakesboro, Ky

Comments about Suave Professionals Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner:

This product does NOT work as advertised! If professionals are using this, I would be very surprised if their customers were not ranting at them for using inferior products. This product will not get your hair clean and it wont condition it very well either. It has no detangler in it, so unless your hair never has tangles it will not work for you either. I thought with it being a so called professional brand that it would actually work as a two in one and save me money, however this was so not the case. It was like I had never washed my hair at all after using this product. I was very disappointed in this product and would never use it again it is simply not worth the money.

It does absolutely nothing. I might as well have just got my hair wet and gotten out of the shower without using anything in my hair.

It doesn't have the best smelling aroma but the good news is when your hair dries the smell goes away.

Frizz Defying Hydrating Shampoo & Conditioner

Comments about Suave Professionals Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner:

I am thrilled with this product. It thoroughly cleans and hydrates my hair, eliminating frizz. I can now wash my extremely dry hair daily, without incurring the straw-like, dry, frizzy condition. It has also helped mend my split ends and even imparts a bit of sheen to my normally dull hair. I never expected results like this from such an affordable product. The appearance of my hair has improved 100%; I will use this brand forever.

Amazing for damaged hair!

Comments about Suave Professionals Plus 2 in 1 Shampoo + Conditioner:

I absolutely adore this shampoo. Suave professionals has GOT to be my all time favorite shampoos. This makes my hair feel so soft and healthy. Before using, I had dry, damaged hair with nasty split ends. After only a couple weeks using this product, my hair made a dramatic yet wonderful transformation. Not only does it work wonderfully, it smells fantastic!!! Try it for yourself!

No more split ends! Works wonderfully!

Smells amazing and clean!!