2.4

2.4

Didn't straighten my hair

from Sneads Ferry, NC

Comments about Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit:

I purchased the Suave professionals keratin infusion 30 day smoothing kit last year. I took a Suave quiz on their website beforehand and it recommended this kit to me. I have read reviews of people having very adverse affects to this smoothing kit so I would definitely make sure you have the correct hair type before you embark on trying out this product. I have very thick and frizzy Hispanic hair so it was meant more for this hair type. My hair was not color treated at the time of use.
This product was not easy to use at all. It's a 48 hour process of not being able to wash your hair so make sure you have a lengthy amount of time set apart to stay home because the scent of this product is not very pleasant.
I was hoping not to have to flat iron my hair every single time I want to wear it down but this product did not work at all on my hair. It didn't make my hair any more straight or smooth. It actually dried it out quite a bit but nothing that a deep conditioning treatment couldn't fix.
Overall I was very disappointed with this product. It was very time consuming especially for absolutely no results.

This Product Completely Destroyed My Hair! Do NOT use!

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit:

I used this several weeks ago on my hair. I had purchased it over a year ago and forgot I had it in the back of my closet. It didn't have an expiration date so I thought it was ok to use. The packaging mentioned that it was safe for color treated hair. To make a long story short it destroyed my hair. It stripped the color out and turned my hair orange! My hair literally looks fried and is breaking off. It completely changed the texture of my hair and it's unmanageable and extremely frizzy. I contacted Suave/Unilever and the only thing they are willing to do is refund the purchase price after I send them the UPC from the box. After doing more research I discovered the product had been discontiuned due to lawsuits. Hundreds of consumers sued Unilever because their hair was damaged. I read stories of women having their scalps burnt and their hair falling out in clumps! I am so angry! The only way my hair will go back to normal is when it completely grows out. The product more or less is a chemical relaxer and was not described as that. I will never, ever buy anything from Suave ever again.

Love this product line!

Comments about Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit:

Struggling with frizzy hair all my life and now with thinning hair, I was running out of options that worked. This was AMAZING! It made my curly and frizzy hair not tanglely- even at the end of the day I can run my fingers through it. In addition- the smell is comment worthy from other people!

Less curly.... yes... straight... no.

Comments about Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit:

To start off, I have extremely curly hair and it is long and although not very thick, I have a lot of it!! It says on the box that if you color or do other processes this product is not for you! I haven't colored my hair in several years so I figured I was ok. The product requires several steps. First shower and wash hair, then apply stinky product with gloves to wet hair and comb through attempting to keep hair straight as possible. This is where for me became difficult! I had a friend help because with long hair it was hard to come the back and keep It straight.. oh and you comb for between 15-30 minutes depending on your hair type. I put it on for 20, a little nervous to leave on for the entire time, as I did still want some curl for those days when I didn't want to blow dry my hair. Then you rinse your hair for 5 minutes and put the next stinky product in, combing for another 7 minutes... once again try to keep it straight! The last step is rinse that out for another 5 minutes, put in a leave in conditioned provided in box and blow dry hair straight. I have to say, my hair is a little straighter... a little. Over all if you are looking for a relaxer, your hair has no treatments in it, and either have short hair or someone to help you comb the product through, go for it... however, if you are looking for something to make it stick straight, this isn't the product. One other note: there is no keratin in the product despite the name.

Causes breakage!

Comments about Suave Professionals Keratin Infusion 30 Day Smoothing Kit:

I used this despite reading bad reviews on another website and at first I was pleased. My healthy hair still appeared healthy but sleeker eliminating the need for flat ironing but over the course of a couple of weeks I noticed my was breaking about midway up the length of my hair. One month after use I was blowdrying my hair and actually saw my hair breaking off as I blow dried and when I grabbed the strands that broke they look melted. I had previously had very healthy hair and made no other changes. As a side note: I don't think I've ever smelled a worse product, that should have warned me!