Other Shampoos:
Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo

Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Suave Naturals Coconut Shampoo smells wonderful!

I'm always looking for good deals, and Suave Naturals fits the bill. I heard along time ago most shampoo's pretty much work the same way. Except for certain problems. I guess you could call me nuts, I know my husband did. One of our local stores had Suave (Naturals) shampoo on sale for .88 cents, so I may have gone a little overboard on the stocking up. But the way the economy is now, I'm glad I did. We do not need any Suave Shampoo for sometime. I haven't seen the price that low since then. And it's not the small bottle, so I'm pleased, I haven't heard him say one thing since, just we are set for awhile. (Maybe until retirement...lol..)

When it comes to staples, and it's a deal and coupons are involved I look for the best deal I can find. Suave Naturals Shampoo is used by everyone in the household, happy with how the product works. We have been Suave Shampoo product users for years. Some of my friends laugh, but I laugh with them. I always have plenty when company comes over, and they have their choice if they want Apple, Clairifying, Strawberry you name it I pretty much have it.

Our hair is clean, soft and manageable, smells good also. When I wash my hair with the Coconut Naturals, it makes me feel like having a Virgin Pina Colada. Then I wish I was on a beach sipping on one enjoying a nice breeze, sunshine not a care in the world. Or cruising on a ship out in the ocean, Wait I did that, had my Suave on a cruise, I did lay on a beach...Just a flash back....lol.... then it's reality. All I'm doing is washing my hair, time to start the day.....A girl can dream, can't she? Even if she is just washing her hair with Suave Naturals coconut shampoo.

Great smelling product!

The Suave Coconut Shampoo is a great product for the most part.  It smells like you're on the beach, sitting on the sand, in the sun.  The only problem I have had with the Suave Coconut Shampoo is that it tends to leave my hair extra hard to comb through.  Because that's the case, I use the Suave Coconut Conditioner, and that seems to help.  My favorite thing about the Suave Coconut Shampoo is how lovely it smells.  It reminds me of all my tropical vacations tot he Caribbean.  After styling my hair, I can still smell the great coconut scent.  If I could make one suggestion, it would be that if you don't like the smell of coconut, try another Suave product.  The Suave line is cheap and works just as great as more expensive, top of the line shampoos and conditioners.  They also have different sizes such as travel, regular, and family sizes that are relatively inexpensive.  So if you have a big family, or if you're alone, Suave Coconut Shampoo is great!

Love it!

from TN

Comments about Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo:

I always switch uo my shampoo and try new things. Normally Suave shampoo does not work very good in my hair, but I could not resist the tropical smell of this shampoo. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this shampoo! Not only did it make my hair smell amazing it cleaned my hair really well too. Normally with Suave shampoos my hair looks frizzy and dry, but this coconut kind did not. My hair was actually very soft and decently smooth. It works great for such an affordable price. I recommend this shampoo to anyone who is on a budget and just wants a shampoo that will still make their hair look and feel nice.

I love this Suave shampoo. It cleans my hair better than I thought it would. It also does not make it look dried out like I expected it to. My hair feels soft after using this shampoo along with the conditioner.

I absolutely love the coconut smell and it is what made me want to try the shampoo in the first place. I was not disappointed with it. My hair smelled awesome after washing it with this. It has a very tropical scent that is especially perfect for the summertime.

Not the best choice for oily hair.

Comments about Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo:

Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo is not a good shampoo for people like me who have oily hair. I have fairly long hair, so I wish I could find a good shampoo that would nourish my hair while keeping me from having oily hair all the time. This shampoo is gentle on the hair, but it's not strong enough for your scalp if you have oily hair. I've tried it numerous times, but I always end up having to wash my hair again sooner than I have to when I use my normal shampoo. It's truly unfortunate that this is the case, because this shampoo feels soothing and gentle to my hair; it just doesn't clean my scalp well enough for my tastes. If you have dry, damaged, or curly hair this would probably be a great option.

Does not work well for oily hair, but it would probably work on dry, damaged, or curly hair.

Pleasant smelling coconut scent that isn't too overpowering or overwhelming. It's a nice tropical, fresh, cleaning scent.

great smell, average formula

Comments about Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo:

I love the smell of coconuts. If something smells like coconuts odds are I'm going to be a fan of it. This shampoo does smell amazing. I could sit and smell it all day. Because of this, this shampoo was my go-to for a long time and I never looked at any other shampoos. Once I finally tried a couple different kinds however, I realized that this really isn't that great of a shampoo. Yes it smells fantastic but the formula leaves a lot to be desired.
This shampoo does not suds up very well, and rinses away before you can coat your hair and really get it clean. It also leaves your hair with that squeaky feeling when you touch it, as though it's completely stripped it of all moisture. I would end up using A LOT of product to get my very thick hair feeling adequately cleaned. After trying different brands of shampoos I realized I really didn't like the way this shampoo made my hair feel after it had dried either, it felt more brittle and not very soft at all.
It may smell great, but that's no longer enough to redeem a poor formula.

Drys my hair out, leaves frizz.

from Michigan

Comments about Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo:

I like this product for my teenage daughter because her hair hasn't been through the ringer of life yet. Her hair doesn't need special attention from hair products and she loves the scent. I like this product because it is inexpensive and I can get this product for my daughter and she is happy with it. It isn't a terrible shampoo but it just isn't for me. I need more benefits from my shampoo than this product can provide. I generally love Suave products- I love the Suave professionals line! This just doesn't cut it for me. The smell is fabulous though and it lathers well. The product rinses well and doesn't leave wax, grease or film behind.

Very effective for my daughter. It gets her hair clean, fresh and smelling lovely. For me, it leaves my hair dry and frizzy.I can't use this product long term.

The scent is absolutely yummy and my daughter loves it! It is aroma therapy in the shower.

I hate this shampoo. Dries out my hair terribly! Smells HORRIBLE

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo:

I bought this shampoo at the same time I bought the conditioner of the same kind. Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo is terrible. I absolutely hated it and I stopped using after the fourth or fifth wash. I think I gave it away. The first thing is that it dried out my hair terribly. I had more damage to my hair after using this shampoo than I did before I washed my hair with this product! Also, it dulled the color in my hair. I dye my hair and I noticed that the color was significantly less bright after washing my hair with this shampoo. That is very frustrating as I pay good money to get my hair dyed. Also, I hate how this shampoo smelled. It is the most fake coconut scent I have experienced. I hate how it made my hair smell like processed coconut after I used this shampoo. The smell stuck in my hair too, which I would normally like, if it was a nice smell! Even after I washed my hair with another brand of shampoo, I could still smell the coconut scent! YUCK! I do not recommend this shampoo to anyone for any reason.

Suave Coconut Shampoo: Smells Great and You Look Great

Comments about Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo:

I have always used Suave products for their great value and effectiveness. Of all the shampoos I have tried from them I like the coconut shampoo the best. It is not too astringent and yet leaves your hair feeling soft even if you don't use conditioner. The smell is like being on a tropical beach somewhere with a coconut drink in your hand. The cost is super because it works and is a much greater value. I could afford more pricey brands but why spend money if you don't have to. I also recommend the conditioner in this fragrance too.

Awesome scent!

Summer time in a bottle!

Comments about Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo:

I buy this shampoo for one reason- the smell! It is the essential product for ending a long beach day. Whilst showering, the scent is strong enough to fill the room. But even after your hair is completely dry it leaves a subtle reminder of coconut which spares me from a parade of comments like, "Who's wearing sunscreen?".
While the shampoo doesn't really do anything special for my hair, I have noticed that it is great at cutting through water proof sunscreen that use to stubbornly hang around in my hair for a day or two after. Which may seem like an odd comment to make but, being fair skinned, I have to wear A LOT of sunscreen. My hair is also wavy and thick so when sweat, wind, sand and, salt combine you get lots of sunscreen in your strands! (You have to appreciate the little miracles in life- Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo is my little miracle for beach days.)

So all in all : Expect a great scent and to be squeaky clean!

It leads to a "squeaky clean" feeling. Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo can cut through things like tanning oil and water proof sunscreen with ease.

I love coconut! This shampoo leaves a soft hint of coconut even after your hair is dry.

Kind of in the middle, as far as quality goes.

from Joplin, MO

Comments about Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo:

While in my opinion not the best out there, Suave is certainly better than many other brands. There are those who would disagree, but I consider this to have been a worthwhile test, but not my final goal in shampoos. After a time with Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut shampoo, among other Suave products, I have made the switch to TRESemme and am much happier with that. However, I am still on the lookout for a perfect product.

Suave shampoos clean, but they also dry my hair out. This product is less damaging than some, but again, TRESemme is even less damaging yet. Suave products do not nourish my hair or make it shine like TRESemme. With Suave, I have to shampoo and condition nearly every day and my hair suffers greatly for it, but with TRESemme I only need to use it every other day at the most and my hair is much happier.

Personally, I don't particularly like this product's scent. Maybe that is because I grew up with real coconuts and can't stand these artificial imitations, but whatever the reason, I don't like the scent of Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo. There is nothing natural about it and not much coconut about it either.

Suave is better than the expensive shampoos.

Comments about Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo:

Suave is so much better than the other competitor shampoos and conditioners. I have long hair and have tried every shampoo on the market trying to get my hair healthy and smooth. Suave was the only one that works for me. This product changes my life and helps me feel confident and looking respectable.

Leaves hair healthy and strong. It is better than John Freda, pantiene and garnier. I was surprised how well suave shampoo work. I always thought you get what you pay for. And being that suave is the cheapest on the market I always assumed it would be harsh on my hair. But in fact it is the best product on the market. Thank you Suave for making such a wonderful product that is affordable.

I love the different scents they are just the right amount of scent and not overpowering and lasts long. I love the sent coconut it makes you feel like the tropics are right there in the room. Very relaxing and pleasant sents.

awesome stuff

Comments about Suave Naturals Tropical Coconut Shampoo:

Smells super good and leaves a pleasant scent in your hair! Cleans your hair and makes it feel lovely and fresh to face the day. I would recommend this shampoo anytime to anyone

Smells just like coconut. There is no chemical smell all natural!! Wonderful hair product