Other Hair Sprays:
Suave Max Hold Unscented Non Aerosol Hairspray 8 11 oz

Suave Max Hold Unscented Non Aerosol Hairspray 8 11 oz

Yucky hairspray

Comments about Suave Max Hold Unscented Non Aerosol Hairspray 8 11 oz:

I'm not a huge fan of this hairspray. It's cheap and it does hold your hair but it doesn't work like how I want it to.
I want a hairspray that makes my hair smell good, it leaves it still soft but holds my hair properly in place. This Suave hairspray does not do that. It leaves my hair feeling hard and it smells funny.
I hate using this stuff on my hair. It may just be my body's reaction to the chemicals in this hairspray but it does not treat my hair well at all.
In the bottle before this hairspray is applied it does smell good and yes even though it says unscented it does leave a scent in it's wake. When I put it on my hair it smells horrible. My teenage daughter has tried it on her hair with the same results. The bottle sits in our cabinet for those occasions when we have people over or we run out of other hairspray to use. This is only good as an emergency backup. Once it's over half gone I will more then likely throw it out.

Cheap product and not for my household I decided.

I Love This Suave Hairspray to the Max!

from Napa, CA

Comments about Suave Max Hold Unscented Non Aerosol Hairspray 8 11 oz:

I have used the Suave shampoos in the past, and they would always leave my hair and scalp dry as heck! I guess that made me always think of Suave as a cheap company from then on. Whenever I buy a beauty product that I am not fully satisfied with and have already opened it, I e-mail or call the manufacturer and let them know. They most always send an incentive, like a coupon for any free product of theirs. This was the case with Suave. I though I would like to use it towards one of their styling products, as I had heard those were pretty good. I bought this non-aerosol hairspray and gave it a go the following night. I love it! It has little to no scent, which is great if you're wearing a body spray or perfume. It locks hair in place, for example, if you're curling or using heat on your hair. It also does NOT make your hair crunchy, which is a GREAT change. Overall, this stuff is unbeatable, and the price is, too! ;)

Suave Max Hold Non Aerosol - The ONLY hairpray for me!

from Ryderwood, WA

Comments about Suave Max Hold Unscented Non Aerosol Hairspray 8 11 oz:

I have pretty fine hair and I live in a very high-humidity climate.  I need a hairspray that can hold up to the weather without being super stiff or sticky - Suave Max Hold Non Aerosol Hairspray is my solution!  I love this spray!  Not only is it incredibly economical, but it does everything I need it to!  I've tried lots of hairsprays and this one has become my all-time favorite.  Other sprays tend to be too stiff and tacky and some of them will flake, but Suave's spray is really superior.  It is surprising to find a product line that consistently out-performs its higher-priced competitors, but Suave does just that.  This spray is unscented too; other sprays make this claim, but not all deliver - Suave does!  If I want a really sleek look but later decide to go fuller, it's no problem to comb through this spray and re-style.  Other "max hold" sprays can be like cement to comb and you can lose hair doing it (!)  You don't have to worry about that with Suave - it always comes through for me!

Good inexpensive hairspray that holds without stickiness.

from Carlisle, PA

Comments about Suave Max Hold Unscented Non Aerosol Hairspray 8 11 oz:

I have used this product for many years and even though I sometimes stray and buy other hairsprays, I keep coming back to Suave.  For the low price, it is a nice product and has a decent scent to it that is pleasant but not overpowering.  When I have coupons to get other more expensive hairsprays for the same price as Suave I do buy other products, but overall I like Suave hairspray and have never had a problem with using it.  I am concious about having healthy hair too, and my stylist tells me I do, so clearly this product is fine to use on the hair.  Also, it holds my hairstyle well but doesn't make it too stiff either.  I would certainly recommend this hairspray to everyone who is looking for a budget friendly product that simply does what it should - hold my hair in place to keep the style but not be obvious!  I know some people will turn their nose up at Suave because it is viewed as "cheap" but I don't think these people are really giving it a fair chance!

Suave hairspray tames naturally messy hair

from Appleton, WI

Comments about Suave Max Hold Unscented Non Aerosol Hairspray 8 11 oz:

In the days of my childhood, I used to get picked on by my peers for never combing my hair. The never combing part was simply not true. I did comb it, but I was born with naturally messy hair. It's still that way. It's fine, fly-away, and wavy. The combination makes it separate into multiple directions and stick out all over. Do other people have this problem? I think not.

As a child, hairspray was up there with lipstick, facial powder, bras, and girdles -- not for children. I had to grow up before I could think of those things. I'm slow, so it took me awhile to discover the benefits of hairspray.

These days I mostly use Suave Max Hold #8, unscented and non aerosol. It's inexpensive and has enough glue in it to keep the mop somewhat tame. It also has enough glue in it to lock the shape of the waves. It definitely adds volume, which I need.

Suave is kind of messy in its own right. I typically put it on before I dress, so it doesn't get all over my clothes. I hate it when the back of my hair sticks to the back of my garment (my hair is shoulder length). I typically turn on the ceiling fan before spraying, and then stand under the fan so it blows the spray away from my face. My husband flees when I use it.

My hair still messes up easily. I guess it always will. But with the hairspray, it doesn't get as messy as what's normal for it. Any improvement is -- an improvement. This product isn't perfect, but I doubt a perfect product could be found for what I'm dealing with.