Other Misc. Styling Products:
Suave Kids

Pros

Cons

I'm a kid again! Who knew?

Originally I bought Suave Detangler for kids totally out of frustration when I still had very long hair. As it usually happens, I find a product I fall inlove with and one day it just disappears from the shelf, never to return. Yep, it happened again.

In the meantime the only leave on conditioner I could find was this cutesy little 10.5 oz green bottle with a purple octopus on the front. So I thought what the heck, if it doesn't help it isn't likely to hurt, plus who can resist a cute little purple Octopus?

Actually it does work, but as with all leave-in products, a little bit of it goes a long way or your hair will be beyond soft and (in my case, anyway) unmanageable.  It's not expensive and smells like apples and most importantly, this country gal didn't have to tear hair out by the follicles with every combing after a wash.

I also used this during the very dry winter months at night before I went to bed on *dry* hair, because I tend to have a little trouble with the static thing when the wood stove runs full tilt. That is Suave Detangling Spray for kid's greatest value to me, as it really did help.

All that said, the product is, after all, formulated for a child's hair, and is probably considerably more useful for that purpose.

Pretty good!

I was looking for a product for my daughter, she has very fine hair and very wavy, and she keeps getting big tangles, almost like dreadlocks, while she's sleeping. There weren't many options at our local store, and I took a chance and bought this product in Double Dutch Apple, and so far it does what I needed it to. It's not the greatest product in the world, but for the price, it does a pretty good job. I've never used a detangling spray before, so I'm not entirely sure how they are supposed to work. It definitely works better than water alone, and we are finally able to comb through her hair. We still have trouble with the little ones, even after we let it sit for a minute, but it's definitely better than it was before. One of the things I really don't like about this product is the smell. I thought apple would be a nice choice, but apparently this company thinks kids have a weaker sense of smell than adults, because they did not hold back at all with the scent. It's not an unpleasant smell, but way too strong for me. If they toned it down a bit, I think I would like it a lot better. The other thing is it seems to leave my daughter's hair, frizzy. I worry that it may end up causing us to use more of the product, it's not really leaving her hair looking like it ought to. The sprayer seems to work well, so far, and not clog, the bottle seems to hold up, (my daughter has dropped it quite a few times), and I will probably buy more when we run out!

Comments about Suave Kids Detangling Spray:

My daughter was blessed with gorgeous naturally curly hair, it's really long and she has spiral curls. I am sure you can all imagine what her hair looks like after a few hours of playing. The knots she gets are horrible and she cries when I try to comb her hair, after a bath is even worse. I bought Suave Kids Detangling Spray hoping for a miracle so I did not have to hurt my little girls head anymore. Suave Kids Detangling Spray does help some what but you have to spray a ton on and keep spraying as you work on the knots. Maybe it is just my daughter's hair is so bad with knots that it just does not loosen them up enough or maybe the detangling spray just is not up to par. I still use the Suave Kids Detangling Spray because it leaves her hair very soft and smells amazing. It leaves her hair smelling fruity and she really likes it. I just wish it did more for detangling her knots. It might work better on hair that is not so curly.

My daughter loves this product

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about Suave Kids Detangling Spray:

This product is great for kids that are not fans of getting their hair brushed. This product works so well to help with tangled hair and make it very easy to brush. I use this everyday on my daughters hair. My daughter gets to pick out which one she wants at the store, they come in different scents and silly pictures on the bottles. She used to throw a fit when I would want to comb her hair, but now she actually looks forward to it because we get to use this product. The scents are great and they are not over powering at all. They come in fruity scents that my daughter loves. The packaging is bright and colorful for kids along with silly cartoon characters on the bottle. Suave makes great products that are very affordable. I would recommend this to any parent if you are struggling with your children to keep their hair brushed and knot free. I will continue to buy this product for years to come!

best detangler for kids

Comments about Suave Kids Detangling Spray:

I would always use this detangler when I was a child. It would always comb through my hair easily and made my hair smell like apples. Now that I have little sisters and a son I use this detangler on them as well. I like how it takes out even the toughest knots. Its tear free and its hypoallergenic. I use this on my son after he gets out of the bath and I spray it all over and it makes easy combing for me. I like how this spray is lightweight so its not too heavy on his hair. It doesn't make his hair greasy and it doesn't make it sticky. I like how you don't have to rinse it out and it won't weigh my sons hair down. His hair looks shinier and feels really soft, not to mention his hair smells like yummy sweet apples. Its great because its alcohol free and it doesn't have anything harsh ingredients in it. I would strongly recommend this for any child or toddler its great for any hair type and its affordable to buy. I hope they still make this detangler years later that would be great because it works.

Fabulous product for curly hair!

Comments about Suave Kids Detangling Spray:

Suave Kids Detangling Spray works wonders on my toddler's tight curls. My son's hair is very fine and curly and it is often a tangled mess when he gets out of the bath at night. My friend suggested that I try Suave Kids Detangling Spray and it is an essential product for detangling his tight curls. I find that this product works best on wet hair but I have used it on dry hair as well. It definitely works better when my toddler's hair is wet. I towel dry his hair after his bath and then spray Suave Kids Detangling Spray all over his curls. I gently use a comb to separate the tangles and spray a little extra spray in the areas of his hair that are particularly tangled. He does not even notice that I am combing his hair so it is clear that the detangling spray works and does not pull on his hair as I am combing it. It has a pleasant scent which is important as well. Overall, I highly recommend Suave Kids Detangling Spray for parents of toddlers with curly hair.

Suave Kids Detangling Spray: It Really Works Wonders!

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Suave Kids Detangling Spray:

I have used this when I have had tangles and knots in my hair; I originally bought it to use on Annabelle but it worked a lot better than expected on my hair. I was in a coma for five days when I lost my leg and no one brushed my hair or even bothered to pull it back in a ponytail. Every day the knots and tangles got worse and it was two weeks before I was transferred to a physical therapy facility before I could start to work on getting my hair untangled. By that time my long locks looked like rats had been nesting in it and I was ready to shave it off.

My hair stylist was livid when I called her to tell her what happened; I missed an appointment and not many people knew what happened. She showed up with a bottle of this and the rest of her supplies and after about two hours of working on my hair there were only three unmanageable clumps that needed to be cut out. The spray helps to wet the hair and work the strands loose; you do have to keep spraying it every couple of minutes but it is a lot easier than trying to pull at it or work a comb through it. She spent a lot of time trying to preserve my hair but there were a couple knots that were not budging.

For kids you need to have patience when using this; getting them comfortable in a seat or chair can mean the difference between getting the tangles and knots out or getting frustrated and yanking on their hair. This doesn't leave any greasy film on the hair after you use it but it is a good idea to wash and condition the hair as soon as possible. After seeing how well this worked on my tangles and knots it is something that I recommend to my friends who have long hair as well as friends who have kids with long hair. A couple of them laughed at the thought of using a detangling spray that's made for kids but it works and it's a fraction of what you would pay for a comparable salon product.

Suave Kids Detangling Spray: Not bad, but a bit leaky

from Mundelein, IL

Comments about Suave Kids Detangling Spray:

My daughter has crazy, curly, flyaway, tangly hair. It's lovely right after a bath, but the next morning it's almost always a rat's nest, full of frizz and tangles. I knew I needed something to work out the tangles and tame the flyaways, so I picked up a bottle of Suave Kids Detangling spray. It was a great price and seemed like it would do the trick.

I'll say that overall it's not bad. Here are the pros: The apple smell is really lovely. It does help with tangles quite a bit, although it's not exactly a miracle product that totally gets rid of tangles. I still sometimes (actually, often) struggle with knots even after I spray it. It does a decent job of taming my daughter's hair and smooths frizz nicely.

Here are the cons: The bottle I got leaks terribly! While I'm spraying, it leaks out of the bottom of the cap, running down the sides of the bottle and getting all over my hands. I ended up pouring it into a different spray bottle that works a lot better. My daughter absolutely hates the stuff; I don't know why, but she freaks out whenever I spray her. I give her a cloth to cover her face and it never gets in her eyes, but she still really dislikes the process.

Overall, Suave Kids Detangling Spray is worth the price and does a decent job. I just wish the packaging was less awful!

Not as good as the suave kids detangler I've bought before.

Comments about Suave Kids Detangling Spray:

I bought this the other day because our Suave kids detangler ran out. When I bought it, I noticed it wasn't in the same bottle as the old one we had, but I figured it would be the same product or at least work as good since they probably just changed the bottle. After using it on my 4 year olds long and curly hair (prone to lots of painful tangles), I realized that was not the case. The first thing I noticed was that the sprayer must have larger holes because instead of it coming out in a fine mist ( which I prefer because it doesn't get everywhere), it came out in larger droplets that made it harder to control the spray. I also realized after putting a liberal amount through her hair, that it just doesn't get the tangles out as good as the older one. I also noticed that this product makes her hair feel a little slimy after it's dry, like a residue was left behind. We also didn't like the scent as much as the older one

Helps when brushing my daughter's tangled hair

from Texas

Comments about Suave Kids Detangling Spray:

I always have a bottle of Suave Kids Detangling Spray in the house. I have been using this on my daughters for years. I have tried most of the scents but currently have the one with the Octopus on the bottle. It's the Dutch Apple Scent and smells great. The scent is not to strong or fake. This product also helps get the tangles out of my daughters hair. My girls are always getting their hair tangled and don't like their hair being brushed when they have tangles. If I spray this product on their hair first it truly helps get the tangles out without them feeling like it hurts. My youngest daughter has hair that is wavy with a slight curl and it works just as good on her as my oldest who has very straight hair. The only bad thing I would say about this product is that when my girls hair gets a lot of tangles I have to spray a decent amount just to be able to get a smooth brush. I wish I could use less to get those many tangles out. Otherwise it's a great product and I would highly recommend it to anyone who has daughters with long hair.

Works great on my girls' long hair

Comments about Suave Kids Detangling Spray:

I use this with detangling spray all of my children, but I use the spray mostly with my two daughters who have really long hair (it also helps to bring out the natural curls in one of my daughters hair) and it works really, really great! My children (especially my daughters) are constantly getting really bad tangles in their hair and before I used this spray they hated getting their hair brushed, but now that we use this they really don't mind at all. It does a wonderful job of removing every one of the tangles that my children have and leaves their hair looking and smelling wonderful. It has a very nice but not too strong scent to it that we love and it's not girly so I can use it for my son's hair as needed as well!

great for kids with messy hair

Comments about Suave Kids Detangling Spray:

I have a three year old daughter. She doesn't have the best natural hair. It's pretty wavy and with her running around or tossing around in bed its get even more messy. With knots even! If I don't use anything before I style her hair she'll cry that combing her hair hurts. She might even run away from me. Thankfully, I bought the detangle spray to help ease the pain. Now every time I'm going to style her hair, I spray and comb. It doesn't hurt her at all. It gets rid of all the knots. Plus the spray helps her hair look nice and neat instead of all over the place. It had a great smell too. People always says her hair smells good. Great for kids and adults. I use it myself sometime.