Other Hair Sprays:
Suave Hairspray

Suave Hairspray

Pros

Cons

This product has outperformed any other hairspray I have tried

I have been using Suave Hairspray for about 10 years. It has been the best hairspray for me. It has held my hairstyle through rough winds, humidity, heat, you name it.. For me, this has been the best product I have ever tried. Compared to the other more higher priced hairsprays, it has been the only one that keeps your hair the way you want it. It doesn't make my hair sticky or flat. I just make sure I spray lightly, let dry and then put on another layer. It will stay all day until you wash it out.

When you need hair products, go with Suave!

People always have different types of hair. My hair type is not too thick, but not too thin. I have dark brown hair, mid length, and it's wavy. It is somewhat curly also. If I let my hair go and do not put anything in it, it looks really dull and boring. It is sort of wavy and just lays on my shoulders if nothing is put in it. Everyone wants to add a little volume to their hair and that is what I wanted to do with mine. I had tried other hairsprays and products and nothing quite did the trick that I needed it to do. I was never fully satisfied with the way my hair looked. So I thought it was time for a change. I decided to go ahead and try the Suave hairspray because I heard that it worked through the grapevine. The first time I tried Suave, my hair stayed how I wanted it too. My natural curls actually looked bouncy and full for once in my life. It stayed like that all day and it held really well. The hairspray also worked better once I used the Suave hair gel also. It really worked and I would recommend it to anyone who needs an extra hold in their hair style.

You can't beat the value

from Hendersonville, NC

Comments about Suave Hairspray:

I have used all types of hair products on my hair and hairspray is the one thing that I have found you do not need to invest a lot of money in. Suave hairspray is super cheap and it has great hold. You can find it in a variety of holds (I use the strongest one for my thick hair) and it does not leave my hair too stiff. It is an excellent hairspray for the price.

Gross and ineffective.

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Suave Hairspray:

This made my hair a crusty mess. I have tried using this for teasing and curling my long hair, and it has failed miserably. I sprayed it at the top of my hair to get the teasing and knots to stay put and my hair fell flat within half an hour. It was hard to work with because it stayed very wet for a long time before drying. It made my hair lumpy and uneven because it is so weak. The top of my head looked like I had an extreme case of dandruff, but it was the hairspray. It dried and the top of my hair was white and crumbly. I tried using this for curled hair, which was better because it kept them in place for about three or four hours, but it made the curls crunchy and hard. It smells absolutely terrible and burns my nose. It smells like very strong chemicals that you should not be putting on your body. It sprays nicely in a large mist and covers a good amount of hair at once, but that is the only good thing about it.

Good price, but I do end up using more product

Comments about Suave Hairspray:

I like the Suave hairspray line. I think it's a good price, and they have a good variety available. I like a strong hold hairspray. Even at its highest hold rating of ten, I don't think this spray is very strong. It gets the job done, but I have to use extra product. I'd like to see them add a more intense or concentrated product. With some other brands, I only need a few short bursts of spray and it holds all day. With Suave if I only used a few sprays my hair feels like there is no hair spray in it at all and the style doesn't hold. It's really annoying to have the wind mess your hair because you didn't add enough hairspray.
I don't use hairspray everyday, so I prefer to pay less for Suave and use it as needed. I suppose it's a trade off to use more of a lower quality product or pay more and use less product. Suave is available at most stores. I like that it's easy to find and the price is pretty consistent across stores. It's nice to know what you're going to be paying.

Suave Hairspray is one of the good ones.

from Fort Worth, Texas

Comments about Suave Hairspray:

My hairspray is one of the most important products I use daily to hold my hair in place. Finding a hairspray that I like and am happy with was difficult. Until I fond Suave Hairspray. I am a single Mom living on a tight budget so I am always looking for a great deal. This hairspray was one of the cheap ones. It was reasonably priced and well within my budget. When buying a hairspray I also look for one that is not strong in smell. My Suave Hairspray was not strong in scent and left a great scent to my hair. I liked the fact that this hairspray doesn't flake like some of the other brands I've tried in the past. It holds my hair in place and last all day. It is a great hairspray to use in bad weather because the moisture in the air doesn't effect this hairspray. It has more than exceeded my expectations. I have recommended this hairspray to my friends and family. It's a hairspray that doesn't damage your hair but gives it just enough hold to stay in place.

Really don't like using this hairspray.

Comments about Suave Hairspray:

I absolutely love the shampoo and conditioner products that Suave has released, they really work on my hair. I don't think that their hairspray is very top quality though. It made my hair feel very weighed down and sticky, it wasn't a fine mist. It left that bad crunch to your hair like how it feels when you put on a lot of hairspray on, but it only took one spray to get to that point.

The Best Hairspray I've ever used.

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Suave Hairspray:

I don't know why I ever wasted my money on expensive hairsprays that are advertised in a way to draw consumers in and then they end up buying it only to be disappointed. I have long, down my back, naturally curly hair and have found over the years that if I stick with the basics I get the best results. I like my hair to look just styled and not frizzy, so I use gel and then 2 coats of the Suave Hairspray 10 and my curls are managed and stay looking just styled all day long. I love it not only for the fact that it actually works, but it's so cheap and affordable! The scent isn't overwhelming like some hairsprays on the market, and it doesn't leave my hair sticky or stiff. I also come across coupons every couple months to save even more money off the already low price. I would recommend this Suave Hairspray to anyone that wants a just finished, styled hair style without the stickiness and stiffness.

Great Hairspray in a Pinch!

Comments about Suave Hairspray:

I have had to use Suave hairspray a couple of times when I had run out of other hairsprays and it does work great if you are in a pinch. I wouldn't recommend it for everyday use because it does feel dry and sticky on hair feels like it is weighing the hair down. The best part about this product is that it is one of the cheaper hairsprays, so it isn't bad to have on hand just in case you run out of the good stuff. It also comes in a relatively large can that would last a really long time, even if you did plan on using it everyday. If you are planning on using it everyday I would recommend using it on hair that is up and not down, just because it tends to make curls go a little flat due the weight of the hairspray. If you are using it for an up do, plan on your hair staying for quiet a long time! It's also kind of a pain to wash out, even in the shower with shampoo. Like I said, I wouldn't use it everyday, but occasionally if I needed to I would choose it over no hairspray at all.

Love the Price, Don't Love the Hairspray

Comments about Suave Hairspray:

I have bought this hairspray before because it is by far the cheapest on the shelf, but that's probably because it's the cheapest quality on the shelf.

The one thing I absolutely love about this hairspray is that it comes with a lid that securely snaps on. That way I can just throw it in my drawer without it spilling or spraying things by accidentally hitting something else. I have also brought this hairspray on a plane before and it exploded a little bit due to change in elevation, but thankfully it only did it within the lid.

I feel like no matter what strength of hold I buy, the hairsprays are all the same with their quality and strength of hold. With my son's hair, I like to spray it after it has been styled. If I do it that way with this hairspray it is fine and will hold all day. However, if I spray it before I style it, it somehow totally flakes off after it dries. I picked my son up from school last week and his hair looked gray- it was so flaky.

I know I should pay for a better product, but I wish for once I could get a quality product at a low price.

Cheap brand hairspray

Comments about Suave Hairspray:

Do not buy this product! It's cheap and that's nice but it doesn't do it's shop for long. It's very heavy so if you put too much your hair will just fall out. If you manage to put just the right amount it only holds for maybe two hours then it flattens out. When it flattens out, it looks very weird and fried. Suave hairspray also instantly makes my hair greasy and my scalp itch. If I use suave, I have to wash my hair twice in the shower to get it all out so that my head doesn't itch. When it doesn't stick it clumps al your hair together which in returns is a disaster. If you brush it out before a shower, it hurts so bad. If you wait till after your shower, it tangles and knots and hurts so bad. Their detangler, must just be water because it does not help the situation at all. If you're going to get hairspray you might as well spend a few extra bucks to get stuff that actually works especially if you have thick hair.

suave hairspray is a well known, trusted hairspray

from Minden, LA

Comments about Suave Hairspray:

I have been using suave hairspray since I was a girl in the 1980's. I always keep a bottle on hand. My hair gets alot of static in the winter and suave helps me keep my fly away hair under control. The price is very reasonable, and it doesn't make my hair have dandruff. i will always use it.