Other Acne & Blemish Treatments:

Stridex Daily Care Sensitive Acne Pads

Pros

Cons

Stridex pads are effective but gentle enough for sensitive skin

If you have sensitive skin but are prone to acne, it's frustrating to find a good product that will effectively treat and prevent acne but that doesn't cause further irritation or overdrying. I know as an acne sufferer and as someone with sensitive skin, I've tried many different products only to find that my skin became further irritated, or dried to the point of causing embarrassing "peeling" on my face (my nose and cheeks in particular.) Trying to find a good product that is strong enough to fight acne but doesn't harm the skin can be a challenge. But Stridex sensitive skin pads may provide the answer to the many of us who have sensitive skin but want to find a way to prevent or treat acne breakouts. The pads come in a jar filled with liquid medication. All you need to do is take out one pad and rub the moist pad on your skin. The pads themselves are textured on one side so that you can use that side for deep cleaning but smooth on the other side for gentle treatment. I have found that using the pads, that compared to other products I've tried, there is minimal burning, stinging, and overdrying. When I've had acne breakouts, I have found that within a couple of days my acne subsides after using stridex pads, and by using them daily, I can effectively control acne breakouts. I would recommend using stridex sensitive skin pads to anyone with sensitive skin without reservation.

It is effective and works well with daily use

very easy

very convenient to use daily

Side Effects
none that i'm aware

works well for daily cleaning but breakouts take time to heal

Acne Pads, not Anti-Acne Pads

The Stridex Daily Care Sensitive Acne Pads are TERRIBLE. I first tried the Maximum Strength Pads, which made me breakout heavily. I just assumed that it was because of my sensitive skin, which is why I purchased the Sensitive Pads. However, the Sensitive Pads STILL made me break out just as heavily. Prior to starting Stridex, I had several zits on my face. After using the product, it looked like I had the chicken pox. I am convinced that the Sensitive Pads are the same thing as the Maximum Strength Pads, aside from the different label.

Does not work at all! I looked diseased after using this product!

Ease of Application
It is very easy to use. You simply have to wipe your face with a small pad. There is no additional application of any sort.

Convenience
Looking like I have the chicken pox is not very convenient!

Side Effects
There were no other side effects for me, other than breaking out a lot more than I had prior to using the product.

Immediacy
The product never worked, so no, it is not an immediate improvement.

Very gentle

from Brookwood Alabama

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Hydrates Skin
  • Minimizes Pores
  • Smells Great
  • Soothing
  • Works Effectively

Cons

• Adult Acne
    • Blackheads & Whiteheads
    • Moderate Acne
    • Teen Acne

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Sensitive Acne Pads:

My family uses this and it doesn't dry out our skin like most products used for acne.

Stridex Acne Pads

from Georgia

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Sensitive Acne Pads:

My friend gave me Stridex acne pads to try when my skin broke out really badly. She suggested I wipe my face with this three times a day and although there were times when it would prevent acne, it caused my existing pimples to become these hard nodules or lumps in my skin. Stridex acne pads does rid the oil in the skin when you wipe with it; however, I found that my skin would look even oilier hours after using it. I would say this product is effective in preventing more acne from returning but it really doesn't work well when you need to get rid of existing or current cystic bumps. Using this product, the cystic acne pimples stopped hurting but then became hard lumps on my face that really took forever to go down. I thought that I was damaging my skin. I love the smell of the product though. It smells as though it is really cleaning the skin deeply but I would not recommend this to people who already have cystic acne pimples on their face when they begin using it.

Easy to Use, Decent Results

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Sensitive Acne Pads:

These pads are a fairly simple way to treat acne. They are thick and textured to ensure that they provide an effective cleaning. The pads are soaked in their "medicated formula" which is supposed to provide a deep cleaning of your pores. Overall this product is a decent start to treating acne and is very cheap. For those whose acne problems are mild and simply the result of inadequate facial cleansing, these pads should work just fine to clear up acne. For those who have severe acne, these pads aren't going to do the job. Consult a doctor for other options.

These are effective for the treatment of mild acne, but nothing more.

Ease of Application
    Very easy to use. The pads come "wet" so they're ready to use right out of the container. Simply scrub your face and you're done.

Convenience
    Very convenient. Pads come in a small container that you can keep in a medicine cabinet or stuff in a backpack or luggage for travel.

Side Effects
    No side effects that I experienced. Those with dry skin might see an exacerbation of that problem.

Immediacy
    These will not clear up acne overnight, but with consistent use, you should see some results.

• Immediacy:

A great product that works amazingly!

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Sensitive Acne Pads:

I have used this product for 3 years now, i use it in the morning and at night and i am and have been acne free for 3 years!

It really gets rid of acne! No joke!

Ease of Application
    Its so easy! Just take the lid off and wipe your face down!

Convenience
    So convenient! I prefer this product over the other acne products you see out there with multiple steps.

Side Effects
    I have not experienced any side effects on this product! Its a first!

Immediacy
    After using this product my skin feels great. I noticed results in 3 days!

Acne Pads, not Anti-Acne Pads

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Sensitive Acne Pads:

Does not work at all! I looked diseased after using this product!

Convenience
    Looking like I have the chicken pox is not very convenient!

Immediacy
    The product never worked, so no, it is not an immediate improvement.

Works Wonders!

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Sensitive Acne Pads:

These have done amazing things for me! I am not prone to acne break-outs so I don't use them every day. I use them to spot treat any time acne pops up and it seems to dry up the extra oil so quickly and my pimple is gone basically the next day. It does burn a little if you have popped it, but I find that a small price to pay for a product that works. I would recommend them to anyone!

Handy and gentle

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Sensitive Acne Pads:

I appreciate these cleansing pads for their easy, quick job of getting most makeup and grime off of my face. I feel they do not do the most for acne, or at least not my persistant acne, but they are nice in that they dry my face out less than the stronger cleansing wipes. These wipes have a pleasant, clean smell to them, and I share them with my sister who has more delicate skin than I do, so it helps us reduce product clutter. I still need multiple acne medications on top of these wipes to control my breakouts, but I still enjoy using them.

I personally need stronger medication for my breakouts, although they do well with not inflaming more delicate skin.

Ease of Application
    Just wipe your face and much of the gunk is gone!

Convenience
    great if you do not have a facewash handy, like when you're on the go.

Side Effects
    My face does not get red like with stronger medications.

Immediacy
    Much of the topical junk on my face is gone, but my breakouts persist with the lower medication.

• Immediacy:

Individually wrapped for use on the go

from New Cumberland, PA

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Sensitive Acne Pads:

I use the Blistex Stridex Daily Care Acne Pads with Salicylic Acid Sensitive with Aloe when I travel.  They are individually wrapped, which makes them great for tossing into a purse, gym bag or suitcase.  I take these along in my carry on when I fly since they don't count towards my allowable "liquids."  They definitely help me travel light when I don't want to drag along my entire skin care regimine.  They are ok at removing make up, but are not as good as actually washing your face with cleanser and water.  I use them after a workout to remove sweat and they make my skin feel fresh again. They are also great for taking along to the beach. I like to use them to remove sand and sun block after a day out in the sun. I would not recommend this product for use more than once a day, as it can be very drying despite the aloe.  Overall, I recommend this product for 'on the go" use, but not as a stand alone product for daily face care.

Worth the money

from Springport, MI

Comments about Stridex Daily Care Sensitive Acne Pads:

I have always liked the way this product works, even after washing my face i can still see dirt on the pad.  I also took these camping.  You should wash your face before using according to the directions, but it was a very practical way to "wash" my face when there was no running water.

Stridex pads are effective but gentle enough for sensitive skin

from Palo Alto, CA

It is effective and works well with daily use

very easy

very convenient to use daily

Side Effects
    none that i'm aware

works well for daily cleaning but breakouts take time to heal