3.1
Stouffer's Lasagna

Stouffer's Lasagna

3.1

Tasty and Convenient

I like easy meals I can eat at my computer, and Stouffer's Lasagna is not only convenient but so good. It is lasagna with meat and sauce. The Stouffer's website calls it "Traditional lasagna noodles layered with an herb seasoned tomato and meat sauce and three kinds of natural cheese". The amount of meat and cheese is just right. It has enough tomato but not too much.  It can come in a small, rectangular bowl, and it fits nicely on my small TV Tray.

It is easy to heat in the microwave. I live in a rural area where there aren't many restaurants that serve Italian food, and it tastes like it came from a restaurant. As a Southern lady, I may not know much about "eyetalian" food, but I know what I like.

Less is less . . .

Have purchased and enjoyed Stouffer's "Party Size" lasagna with meat & sauce for at least 10 years, probably more than 80 times over that period.

Again, last week,...Read complete review

Again, last week, bought another party size entree and noticed it read on the package "Now  . . . cooks 25% faster!" -- so I assumed something had changed with the original recipe I had thoroughly enjoyed for so long. Yes, it is different, and here's my list of cons:

1) Reduced size from 96 oz to 90 oz -- feeds fewer people or else everyone gets smaller portions

2) Double (or thereabouts) the amount of red sauce -- if I wanted it saucier I would have added a can of the stuff myself

3) Less noodles -- more sauce translates to fewer noodles, one less layer, it seems

4) Less cheese on top -- noticeable, if you're familiar with the product

So, sure, it "cooks 25% faster" because there's less lasagna than before.

VERY disappointed. I have just purchased my last lasagna from Stouffers.

Terrible!

from Orlando, FL

Comments about Stouffer's Lasagna:

Haven't had it in 8 years. Back then it was great. Today, it sucks! First of all, there is NO MEAT! 8 years ago when I had it, there was meat. Now, it's a "meat sauce" which I could't even taste any meat flavor in. Then, there was some "filmy-gritty" tasting stuff on it. I guess it was supposed to be like a dry cheese that sprinkle on real lasagna over the top. It was a gritty tasting mess! I WILL NOT EVER BUY THIS JUNK AGAIN!

Terrible

from Vero Beach, FL

Comments about Stouffer's Lasagna:

Worst lasagna ever. They have obviously changed the recipe, even though they deny it. Too many reviews say the same thing. Tasted like something out of a can.

Not the same

from New York, NY

Comments about Stouffer's Lasagna:

I used to love this lasagna, but sometime in the last 8 years or so they changed the recipe. It used to be so good and I would have rated it high, but now... I won't ever buy it again. The last time I bought it, thinking it was great like it used to be, I had to doctor it up so much with additional ingredients just to make it edible.

very dry,no susage,no tomattoes.....

from Hollister ,Missouri

Comments about Stouffer's Lasagna:

Family Style Italiano lasagna used to be very good.. But this last one was TERRIBLE!!!!!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Stouffer's has NO cheese

from South OC, CA

Comments about Stouffer's Lasagna:

I was shocked! For years, this was a great product! Now, they CHEAP OUT on the CHEESE! There was NONE on the top of the lasagna and barely perceptible throughout- It is no longer worth buying. NO way~

Pure Delicousness

Comments about Stouffer's Lasagna:

Who does not love them a good Stouffer's Lasagna I prefer the chicken Stouffer's Lasagna but, the meat is great too as well as the vegetarian type. So it is for everyone meat lovers and vegetarians I am sure you will not be disappointed. Simply delicious I want some now as I type yummy melted cheesy saucy goodness oh my goodness MUST HAVE!!!!!! Great for family dinners or you can buy small personal ones great for a date night.

YUCK!

Comments about Stouffer's Lasagna:

I just tried the “new” meat lovers lasagna. They have taken a good thing and totally ruined it. The package says, “We could have stopped with the beef” - AND they should have!

It just wasn’t enough that they they’re trying to save money by cutting 2 ounces off the meal (it used to be 20 ounces, and now it’s 18 ounces), but they also added cheaper meats that do not belong in lasagna at all - it is too spicy and chewy; not to mention that the cheese, which has been dwindling over the years, is now practically non-existent. I give it a big YUCK.

Another Stouffers (formerly favorite) meal off my list

A go to if you need something in a hurry.

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Stouffer's Lasagna:

I don't usually buy this as one of my main items on my grocery list. I have however bought this when I find out someone is coming over and I need something quick that I can just pop into the oven and let cook. I know these come in different sizes. We usually buy the party size one and it feeds a good number of people. The top layer of this lasagna is definitely the best layer. It has the extra cheese on top. The inside layers have enough stuff, but it's not jammed packed with meat and cheese and it has a lot of sauce. Homemade lasagna is better, but most things homemade are. If you have a big freezer this is a good thing to have on hand for a rainy day. It tastes good and my whole family loves it. I would say that it's a good lasagna. There are also a few different choices from meat to five cheese and I think there may be other choices as well. We have had the five cheese and the meat and we like both. One thing I do find Is that I end up having to cook it longer than the directions say. It is never quite done in the right amount of time, so give yourself a little extra time when making it just in case.

Stuffers Frozen Microwave Lasagna

Comments about Stouffer's Lasagna:

I would not recommend this particular brand from Stouffers. I recently made this and it was awful. Now, perhaps it was just a bad batch, but I followed the directions, cooked in microwave as stated, an when it was ready to eat, it was awful. There is a total cooking time of about 7 minutes, first 3 minutes is with a slit cut in top of film, then remove film and cook another 4 minutes. Then you let sit in the microwave for a minute or so and remove. When I took it out it was steaming hot, so be careful not to get burned. I let it sit, then started to cut into it, the noodles were very hard, not tender, and the cheese was not melted as I had expected. It didn't even smell that good! I do like other products from Stouffers, like their French bread pizza, but I would not recommend this variety of microwave meal.

Very good!

Comments about Stouffer's Lasagna:

I really enjoy lasagna, but I hardly ever have the time to make it from scratch. The Stouffer's Lasagna tastes almost just like it was homemade. It tastes very fresh. The sauce has a great flavor. The meat is a little spicy, which I think tastes great in lasagna. The cheese was also very good, however there was not a lot of cheese on the lasagna. The Stouffer's Lasagna does not take a lot of time to make. The lasagna is also very large! It could easily feed a family of four.