3.6

Stila Major Lash Mascara

3.6

Don't Waste Your Money

Comments about Stila Major Lash Mascara:

Although I am a big fan of Stila Cosmetics, this mascara is terrible. The mascara does not lengthen your lashes and it does not separate them well either. It does give them a coating of black mascara so that they show up a little bit. My biggest complaint with this mascara is that the formula is very dry when it is brand new. It behaves like a mascara that is a month or two old. I would only use this as a backup when your favorite mascara runs out.

The only usefulness for this mascara is to give your lashes a black coating. It does not make your lashes look longer and it does not give then any volume either. I received my mascara in a gift set and would never buy it on its own. There are many other brands in the same price range that perform much better.

Ease of Application
The difficulty in applying this mascara has to do with how dry the formula is. There is not a lot of product on the wand so you have to take your time and work with the wand to get the product on your lashes.

• Ease of Application:

Solid, midpriced mascara

Comments about Stila Major Lash Mascara:

Great deal for the price. I love that it doesn't make my eyes itch as mascaras often do. Doesn't create the longest lash and can feel a little dry going on, but creates a crisp, clean look.

Lasts well, not waterproof, but doesn't come off easily. I haven't had the issues with clumping other reviewers mentioned, but I do get a feeling of dryness when applying.

Ease of Application
Easy to apply, good applicator. I don't have issues with clumps or spider lashes with this product.

• Ease of Application:

Adds volume WITHOUT clumping

from Boise, ID

Comments about Stila Major Lash Mascara:

I recieved this mascara in a set that I purchased specifically for the liquid eyeliner that was in it, so I wasn't expecting much from the mascara. The first time I tried it I loved it! It gives great definition, and you can layer several coats without having the deal with ANY clumps! You can also apply more later, without having to worry about clumps! I love this mascara, and I am very picky about mascara, I rarely purchase the same kind twice!

It's not the best, but not the worst.

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Stila Major Lash Mascara:

I bought this in the Back to School Beauty kit from Stila and I was hoping it would be really good as I have yet to find a very good mascara. It's an okay mascara, but probably not worth what it costs. I think the cheap Maybelline Great Lash mascara is just about as good. The Major Lash Mascara goes on well enough, but there are lots of tiny clumps you have to pick out of your eyelashes. And I hadn't used it very much before it stopped going on well. It seems like it's almost gone, but it shouldn't be because I haven't used it for very long. I use the brush and then look and see that some parts of my eyelashes don't have any mascara on them. I think it just doesn't get from the bottle to the brush to my eyelashes very well. It seems to dry (not because of me, it was like that when I first got it). So while I don't mind using it, I probably won't purchase it again.

pretty good

from Los Angeles, CA

Comments about Stila Major Lash Mascara:

I bought this a few weeks ago as a bundle pack at Costco.  It was a really good price for the product and I have been pretty satisfied with it.  Previously I have been using a Covergirl mascara which I didn't really like but which was inexpensive.  My favorite mascara of all time is Lancome, but it is too expensive for me right now.  This Stila product is a good compromise.  It goes on to produce a dark, long lash.  The main negatives of the product are that it goes on a little clumpy after the first coat and I am not in love with the brush.  I prefer a brush that doesn't get on my upper lid when i apply.  I can apply this product without the problem, but it is a little difficult.  Overall, it is a great buy.  I would love to be able to afford a Lancome mascara and if you can afford it I would go that route, but if you aren't prepared to spend close to thirty bucks on a tube of mascar this will give you a great look for a decent price.