Other Mattresses:

Stearns & Foster Estate Collection Mattress

Ultra Firm Stearns and Foster Estate Mattress

from FrogHopper

About Me Midrange Shopper

Pros

• Comfortable
  • Good Support
  • Holds Shape
  • Sturdy

Cons

• Primary Bed

Comments about Stearns & Foster Estate Collection Mattress:

I purchased the Stearns and Foster Estate Ultra Firm mattress after experiencing waking up with backaches for some time on an older Sealy Posturepedic. I suffer from bad back problems and find that memory foam and pillowtop mattresses are not supportive enough for me. After traveling to Europe and sleeping on a rather hard hotel mattress (European hotel beds are commonly like this) I found that my backaches went away. While pillowtops and memory foam topped mattresses are in abundance, it was not easy to find a firmer mattress. I wound up going to a large local furniture dealer who specializes in a large line of mattresses in different brand names. I found out that stores put different names on their mattresses to prevent shoppers from price shopping from store to store. I can only tell you that in the line of Stearns and Foster, I purchased the firmest mattress they had. I have had this mattress now almost 5 years and there is no signs of any decrease in the amount of support or any sagging, I wake up with no backache. The Stearns and Foster mattresses offer a low profile selection which is not as thick if you have an antique bedframe that would make the mattress too high. The newer mattresses now are made a lot thicker than they used to be so you have to take this into account especially if you are using the mattress on top of a box spring. The Stearns and Foster mattress I purchased came with the box spring as a set and that is mostly how they are priced - as a set. You can select the low profile option in both the mattress and the box spring. The only drawback to this mattress is that it is one sided only - meaning that you cannot filp it over to the other side for evening out the wear. You can of course reverse it head to foot as is recommended once a year to eliminate wear patterns and extend the life of the mattress. Being that it is a heavier mattress than my old one, I have not done this as regularly as I should and it has not effected the wear

Fantastically comfortable with no breakdown after two years!!

Comments about Stearns & Foster Estate Collection Mattress:

My husband and I are overweight. We have now had this mattress for two years and it is still as good as new. We have friends who said they would never pay that much for a mattress, but considering we've never had to add a foam topper, never turned it/flipped it and there are no dips where we sleep, it's AWESOME and well worth the money we paid! For overweight people with terminal illnesses and sleeping disorders, this has been the best money we've spent on a mattress and it will last better than any we've bought before!

Comfort
    Very plush without feeling overly soft. Also, the pillow top is not overly warm. We have friends with a foam topper on their firm mattress and they complain that it's too warm, it holds there body heat in. No problem here!

Support
    Great support for those with back problems. It doesn't feel like sleeping on a rock or slab as most firm beds for back pain that I've tried in the past.

Firmness
    I think the firmness is perfect. I feel well-supported but the pillow top makes it feel luxuriously plush.

The fact that we both weight over 250 lbs each and we have no divets on either side of the bed after two years without turning is amazing to me. Given how much we spent for the mattress, though, it certainly makes it worth the money. I suppose it would be bad if it had those issues despite spending all that money on it.

• Comfort:
    • Support:
    • Firmness:

Best Night of sleep yet

from Sparta, MI

Comments about Stearns & Foster Estate Collection Mattress:

just bought the the mattress & box spring set and have my best nights of sleep in a very long time. I no longer wake up with a sore back & I feel refreshed

Comfort
    great

Support
    helps the back

Firmness
    good firmness to help ease the muscle and no more waking up with back strain

good warranty, just bought so too soon to tell for sure for the long run

• Comfort: