3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

• Brew Performance:

Good coffee machine, however not for the strong coffee lovers.

I bought this because I LOVE espresso & was attracted to the 1 step espresso pod process. I was concerned that the espresso would not be as strong as it would with the more advanced machines with bar pressure & unfortunately I was right. The espresso pods in this machine make a great coffee, but it is not as strong as the espresso in my favorite starbucks drinks. Overall for the person who likes easy, simple, lighter tasting coffees, this machine is perfect for you! But for those of you who love the extra strong, darker taste of their coffee (like me) then I would not recommend this machine. With all that said, this machine is very user friendly & is pretty much a 1 step coffee making process. I have not tried to milk pods so I cant comment on that, although I have heard both good & bad things about the milk pods. I think the price of the machine is a pretty accurate price, & compared to other espresso/coffee machines it is definitely on the cheaper side. BUT when it comes to the pods, those are pricey & since they have not come out with a reusable pod to fit this machine, we are forced to buy the pods. I will say it is possible to re-use the disposable pods (with a little trial & error of cutting it open & trying to use the right amount of coffee, then covering with double layered tin foil) although Starbucks does not endorse this idea. I give this machine a 4 out 5.

Brew Performance
I prefer a stronger brew, but the overall performance is good.

The drip tray sometimes over fills & although it is easy to take apart & rinse, it doesn't hold that much in the tray.

The overall use of the product is very easy & user friendly.

The design of the machine is good, but in my opinion they should make a reusable pod to fit this design because the expensive price of the pods has lead me to stop using this machine.

Beyond BAD!

This machine was horrible from day one! Unfortunately, I bought it the day it came out .... which meant I had no reviews to base my purchase on. I, like many others, felt like a test market for a horrible machine. The thing is a mess. It has a "holder" that should hold 10 pods before you have to empty it. Well, if I waited until I had 10 pods, there would have been water all over my counter. Because, it doesn't just dump pods in the waste, it also dumps water (lots of water). About a week after using it and being frustrated up to my eyeballs about what a MESS this thing created, I turned on the machine and it started brewing on it's own. That was the tipping point!! I called Starbucks and guess what?? All my "problems" were normal and no reason to send the machine back. REALLY? It starts brewing on its own, it dumps water into the waste every time you raise or lower the lever, you can't possibly use 10 pods before emptying waste, and when you do empty waste, it drips ALL over your counter/floor on the way to the trash. NO... those are all OK. So then I stated that the thing does NOT automatically turn off after 5 minutes. They came back and said it could take a bit longer. I said it stayed on close to 5 HOURS before I finally turned it off. After a long discussion with a supervisor, they determined that THAT was a defect! I was given instructions on how and what to send back and was emailed a prepaid return label for UPS. I followed their procedure on returns .... now I am battling to actually GET my refund. This company really is HORRIBLE!!

Brew Performance
The thing did brew quickly and to a good temperature.

It makes a mess and is VERY frustrating!

Lever is hard to close. Sometimes won't close. Sometimes drops pod all the way into waste.

This machine is just a piece of junk.

It is horrible when you get it ... how much worse can it get?

Received as a gift, cups are expensive

from Grand Rapids, MI

About Me Coffee Aficionado

Pros

• Easy To Use
  • Great Taste
  • Large Water Container
  • Quick Brewing
  • Quiet

Cons

• Expensive single cup brewer

• Anytime

Comments about Starbucks Verismo 580 Brewer:

My brother got this for me for Christmas, and I wouldn't say I was in the market for this coffee maker. I'm not really a fan of the waste that is created by the single cup brewers. The Verismo cups are more expensive than Keurig, but the coffee does taste quite a bit better. I found out that the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf (CBTL) cups are interchangeable with the Verismo cups, so I bought some of those and they work.
I'm lactose intolerant, so I haven't tried the "milk pods", but think that's a pretty nice feature to have a latte.

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Not durable

from NA

Comments about Starbucks Verismo 580 Brewer:

I purchased this coffee maker in the year 2012 and used it for about 8 months only. The product worked very well in the first six months. Specially engineered pods keep the Starbucks® brewed coffee, espresso or milk freshly packed until the moment you use them. The product has specially engineered pods which help in keeping the Starbucks® brewed coffee, espresso or milk freshly packed until the moment they are being used. The high-pressure brewing system helps in preparing coffee within 15 seconds and the taste of the coffee gives you a heaven-like feeling. I being coffee-addicted love having at least 4 cups of coffee daily and this product was just excellent in brewing and worked well for the first six months after which the machine gave way and stopped working completely after another month.

The product has a internal rinse function that helps in cleaning the product and has a removable water tank that helps making refilling easier. The auto-off function is also available which shuts down the machine after every 5 minutes to save energy.

Slow Leak

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Starbucks Verismo 580 Brewer:

I love Starbucks and my family and friends know of my love so I was excited to receive this a gift. Unfortunately, that excitement only lasted until I opened the box and tried it out.

First, I love that this is a machine directly from Starbucks so you get pods for all of their awesome coffees which aren't available for other brands.

This is easy to use and does a great job of brewing quickly and efficiently. However, the issues begin with the size which is quite a bit deeper than other single serve coffee makers and takes up quite a bit of valuable space on the countertop.

Cleaning is not really much of an issue. The self cleaning feature is nice and keeps the coffee tasting fresh with each brew.

The problems arose after about half a dozen uses. I started noticing water on the counter after I brewed a cup of coffee and then it started happening every time I brewed coffee. Apparently there is a sort of leak in it. It's not bad enough to be truly horrible but it's bad enough to be annoying. As a result I sadly, very rarely use this very expensive machine.

A great coffee machine

Comments about Starbucks Verismo 580 Brewer:

A great value. Makes excellent espresso. A great find. I really like it. What else can I say. A very well maker of espresso for the home.

Brew Performance
A good brewer. It goes pretty quickly. I see nothing wrong with it. Makes a great cup of espresso. What complaints?

A very easy machine to clean. Simply wipe it down. I've never actually cleaned it. Aside from running a cloth over it. That works fine. Very easy.

Doesn't take much to use it. A very simple machine to use. Not too complicated. Just read the instructions. They tell you everything. Easy to memorize. Not too much too it.

I like it. A very professional design. I really like it. It's sleek. Doe's what it looks like it would do. How can you complain?

Should last a long time. I don't see why this product wouldn't last a life time. Very durable. I mean I've dropped it. Kicked it and it still works fine. I've even dropped it on a hard floor. Nothing happened. Wonderous.

• Brew Performance:

Verismo makes a decent cup of coffee

Comments about Starbucks Verismo 580 Brewer:

I received this coffee maker as a gift. As a die- hard Starbucks fan I was thrilled. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed with the quality of lattes. The powdered milk is awful. If you use it just to brew coffee or espresso the machine is good and easy to use. If you steam your own milk and don't use the milk pods you can make a good latte. Unfortunately you can only use the Starbucks pods and the selection is limited. You can only buy the pods at Starbucks stores and maybe online, not at grocery stores or other retailers. On the plus side it is easy to use after the first time, which required reading the instructions and watching a video online. It is a good size for the counter-top. It saves time and money over the daily Starbucks runs. It has a self cleaning function that you use each day by running through the Espresso cycle without the coffee. The water storage allows several cups of coffee before you need to fill it again.

• Brew Performance:

Amazing espresso and incredibly easy to use!

Comments about Starbucks Verismo 580 Brewer:

After trying several different "easy" coffee makers, I tried this one and absolutely loved it! It's a cheaper way to bring Starbucks into your home without compromising the taste. Machine is easy to use and has very little clean up. I recommend this product to anyone who loves Starbucks products and is looking for something more convenient and ways to save money.

• Brew Performance:

Perfect for Starbucks lovers who don't want to go outside!

Comments about Starbucks Verismo 580 Brewer:

I am absolutely in love with this product - exactly what I was looking for !! I'm sure you know there are a ton of coffee products - especially since the Keurig's patent expired so now anyone can just make whatever they want. I for one am glad because this is perfect for me.

I don't like coffee. I like lattes like carmel machiattos and carmel brulee lattes and things like that. My fiance was going to order me a keurig until we found this - half the price and actually does what I want it to! It was delivered to my house last night and I was so excited to try it! It's super easy, just fill with water, and it heats up super quick to make water for tea, milk for frothy drinks and add your pod of espresso and/or syrups! I bought espresso and milk pods, vanilla syrup, whipped cream and carmel syrup & used a recipe on Starbucks' website to make my carmel machiatto. It took about 5 minutes to clean the machine before using it and to make my drink. The drink was delicious and super easy to make. I seriously have no reason to go outside and spend more money at Starbucks when I can drink the same thing and customize it myself for less in the comfort of my own. I'm so glad my fiance bought me this for Christmas, it's a fantastic gift!

Starbucks Verismo

Comments about Starbucks Verismo 580 Brewer:

It is nice and easy to use. I like the machine as an overall coffee component but it needs quite a few more options and add on components. I wish that they had more flavors similar to the Kerig. I would like if I had more options to choose from and it would be great if they offered better deals because the boxes are rather expensive and not all starbucks carry the product so then I am forced to order online.

Brew Performance
It doesn't take very long which is nice and the coffee taste is consistent and I always can get a nice tasting espresso or cup of coffee.

Quick and easy clean. All you have to do is remove the bottom and dump out the water and rinse with soap and then pop back in so it makes for a simple clean up in between usage.

Easy to learn just a three step process which makes it nice when in a rush just press two buttons and your ready to go.

Clean design, I like that it is slender and can fit perfectly in the corner of my kitchen.

Haven't had any issues with it so far and seems to be working just fine for the last 9 months.

Comments about Starbucks Verismo 580 Brewer:

It is attractive and very easy to use, but you are limited to using the Starbucks-specific Verismo Pods. I love Starbucks so this works for me but I wish I could brew other coffees too.

Brew Performance
The coffee tastes just like what you'd get at your local Starbucks. And its so easy to use.

Sleek design makes it easy to clean. However, the water reservoir is on the back and since I keep the machine flush against the wall, its a little work when I need to clean the reservoir. And the front bay is narrow so its hard to get a washcloth in there. And it has to be flushed out regularly or it gets really messy.

The machine is intuitively programmed so it is very, very simple to use.

Its sleek and attractive and simply. But the internal bay is narrow making it hard to clean. And it is limited to just use of Starbucks coffee pods.

I've not experienced any problems with it. The sensors reminds me of maintenance issues and cleaning so its working exceptionally well.

• Brew Performance:

Good coffee machine, however not for the strong coffee lovers.

Brew Performance
I prefer a stronger brew, but the overall performance is good.

The overall use of the product is very easy & user friendly.