4.1

Starbucks VIA Ready Brew

4.1

Pros

Cons

Darn tasty for instant coffee! So jacked I can barely type.

Just dropped some speed, I mean **Starbucks VIA**, into my coffee mug and mixed it up in an instant. I tried the **Italian Roast blend**. It's dark and bold as it should be. Suprisingly tasty and flavorful but of course my expectations were pretty low. I can be a coffee snob. Cafe con leche's in Spain and cappuccino in Italy can drive a person to become a coffee bean connoisseur. See how snotty I sound?! Instant coffee usually doesn't float my boat but VIA is not so bad! It's actually pretty far above average compared to other instant coffee. Also, I should be honest... I sort of hate Starbucks. I am more of a the [Intelligentsia][1] , [Caribou Coffee][2] or [Peet's][3] type. It bugs me that there is a Starbucks on every corner. I need options. So, you understand my amazement when I actually liked VIA. I didn't really want to like it. I guess "never say never" rings true here... I do recommend a Starbucks product.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Intelligentsia-Chicago-IL-reviews
[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Caribou-Coffee-reviews
[3]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Peets-coffee--28356-reviews

Good on occasion... not for every day.

I enjoy this for those mornings when I am running late and don't have time to grind coffee and make a whole pot. My husband and I can both take a travel mug and a packet of Via to work with us and just add hot water. It's not the coffee I want to have every day though. It's strong and a bit too bitter for my preference. But for an instant coffee... it's far better than the other instant options.

MMM...

Comments about Starbucks VIA Ready Brew:

I am not a coffee drinker. At least I didn't used to be a coffee drinker. I do like mocha drinks that do not taste like coffee. However, I recently became a stay at home mom and can't afford to get my favorite Starbucks anymore. I came across the peppermint mocha flavor Via Ready Brew and had to give it a try. When I got home I heated up my milk, poured the packet in and gave it a stir. It tasted just like a peppermint mocha from Starbucks! I am hooked. The bad news is that the peppermint mocha flavor is a seasonal flavor and not available year round. Once I realized I couldn't drink that anymore I wanted to try the other flavors of coffee. The coffee is ground really fine so it dissolves in liquid great. I never had any grounds in my coffee. That was one of my main concerns. Starbucks Via Ready Brew is a great way to enjoy a cup of coffee without having to brew a whole pot or buy an expensive coffee maker. I would recommend this to anyone! It doesn't taste like instant coffee at all.

I was pleasantly surprised

Comments about Starbucks VIA Ready Brew:

No, it is not freshly brewed coffee. However, it actually comes quite close. If you are traveling and nowhere near a coffee pot or your local Starbucks, it is a great alternative. It does not taste like it is instant coffee. I've had some pretty awful instant coffee in the past. I do drink Via on occasion, and I don't mind spending the money since it I do not constantly buy it.

Best option for instant coffee.

from florida, USA

Comments about Starbucks VIA Ready Brew:

I am a coffee addict with a pretty expensive habit. I exclusively drink good quality, brewed coffee. And so, when the Starbucks Via line came out, I instantly wrote it off without hesitation or a second guess. However, my sister brought over a few packets and pretty much forced me to try it. And, I must say, I was impressed. Not swayed, of course, from my brewed coffee, but impressed. In a pinch, I would drink this coffee without too much complaining. Starbucks Via = 7 All other instant coffee=1

Taste Great

Comments about Starbucks VIA Ready Brew:

Theses are awesome for quick mornings when you dont have time to make a regular pot of coffee. I got a large sample box of these for christmas and I was in love with them. They are quick and taste great. They come in many different flavors, and roasts and do far all that I have tried are great. Would recommend.

Have great Starbucks taste, at home

from Bridgeport, NJ

Comments about Starbucks VIA Ready Brew:

I love going to my local Starbucks and enjoying a hot or iced coffee. It's fun to have someone wait on you, and to enjoy the sweeteners and spices at the fixin's kiosk. But I can't go there every day, so in place of that I like to buy Starbucks Ready Brew to have at home. It's economical and still gives me the Starbucks flavor I want. i'm glad that they have begun selling their product in my local grocery store. The richness comes through even when I brew it in my coffeemaker at home.

These are overpriced.

Comments about Starbucks VIA Ready Brew:

While these instant coffee pouches sort of worked, I would not buy them again. Mainly because of the high price. Their k-cups are better and cheaper. First off, why would you have hot water but no way to make coffee? I understand there are certain situations but in those situations, your need for Starbucks vs store brand instant coffee shouldn't matter. Way too pricey in my opinion and not that great.

Starbucks Via

from Bellingham, WA

Comments about Starbucks VIA Ready Brew:

If you like black strong coffee, for instant coffee, Starbucks Via is the only way to go. If you are a latte drinker, or like weak coffee, you might prefer something else. It is the only one that I have tasted that has a full flavor and I use it for camping.

Well played Starbucks

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Starbucks VIA Ready Brew:

I got a package of the Starbucks Via Christmas Blend this year and it's pretty tasty for instant. The fine powder dissolves without any leftover grit, and the flavor is more complex than you might expect. It still has a whiff of that tell tale freeze dried flavor, but just a whiff, easily overcome with the help of a good flavored creamer. I remember days of trying to disguise Sanka with full fat cream, so by comparison this was easier on the digestive system. The only thing that I was not pleased with was a quirk of the packaging. There were no instructions on the box, and while the instructive diagram on the sleeve was easy enough to understand, it was rendered difficult to read by the shiny red material. These are probably much easier to read on the regular sleeves than on this holiday one.

Great tasting coffee without the instant taste!

Comments about Starbucks VIA Ready Brew:

These convenient packets make it easy for you to enjoy Starbucks anytime or anywhere. The coffee dissolves readily and has the taste of a freshly brewed cup. They come in a variety of flavors so you never get tired of the same, ole cup of coffee.

Starbucks Via Iced coffees are delicious, but pass on mocha

from Madison, MS

Comments about Starbucks VIA Ready Brew:

Starbucks Via iced coffees are as delicious and satisfying as they are convenient. The regular iced is very sweet but the hazelnut is more balanced with a nutty flavor and just the right touch of sweetness. I highly recommend them!

I was disappointed by the Ready Brew Mocha as it is underpowered and bitter with an almost strange taste, nothing like its in-cafe counterpart.