Other Coffees:

Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee

Pros

Cons

Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee has a Smooth, Welcoming Taste

Being a BzzAgent, I had the wonderful opportunity to sample **Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee**. bzzagent.com provided me with a full size bag of this delightful coffee and after brewing my first pot, I was sold. I am extremely picky when it comes to choosing the right coffee for my frequent sipping habit and **Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee** seems to be the perfect choice.  I found my coffee of choice several years back when visiting a little coffee shop called Royal Teas in Greenwich, London;  I have been ordering coffee from England ever since. Preferring a bolder, stronger, Columbian style coffee, I didn’t think that I would enjoy the Pike Place Roast as much. From the moment I opened the bag, the pleasant aroma filled the air and the first sip was like Heaven to my coffee loving taste buds; I knew then that I had to share this coffee with others. I host a book club that consists of fifteen friends every Friday evening with the usual book gossip, great coffee and some tasty appetizers; I thought, what a great time to share my new find with them! Before the arrival of friends and the great unveiling, I brewed a hearty carafe full of **Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee** and put it in place of where the usual British brew once stood. After everyone arrived, there was some common book chit chat and random comments of how great the coffee smelled. Before anyone had a chance to help themselves to the new delight, I decided to give a little speech to the group. I informed them that the coffee was called Pike Place Roast and how it was named after the first Starbucks store that opened in Pike Place Market in Seattle, 1971. I then filled them in on my being a BzzAgent and how bzzagent.com sent me sample to try for myself and to share with some friends. The moment felt as though I was in the spotlight and the group was hanging on my every word. My book club friends are also coffee entrepreneurs, so I knew this was the perfect place to share my new found treasure; a great tasting coffee is important to all of us.  I passed the bag around to show everyone as they sipped from their cups. Compliments were all over the place! One lady in our group bragged about the smooth texture and taste while another recognized the subtle nutty flavors and warm cocoa notes. Everyone enjoyed the coffee so much that they were jotting down the name as If in a hurry to pick some up on the ride home. I handed out a few coupons and almost all of the evening was focused on a coffee discussion, rather than the book! I was so pleased everyone loved the **Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee** that I went out the very next day and bought a bag for each of them. I had such a wonderful experience with this perfect blend of beans and being able to share it with good friends. Needless to say, I have a new coffee of choice!

**Some Information on Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee****Smooth, Welcoming Taste**This blend was created using input from Starbucks customers and represents our 37 years of coffee roasting experience, knowledge and passion. Taking the wide range of customer preferences as a guide, this everyday brew is a unique blend featuring Starbucks signature bold flavor with a smoother finish balanced by soft acidity and subtle, rich flavors of cocoa and toasted nuts.**Fresh, Hand-Scooped**The Pike Place Roast coffee beans will be hand-scooped, freshly ground, and freshly brewed and served, giving the coffee a consistent, pure taste. To further ensure customers enjoy the freshest, high-quality cup of brewed coffee, stores also will brew smaller batches with a hold time of no more than 30 minutes. Licensed stores in the U.S., as well as Starbucks locations outside the U.S., will also transition to a 30-minute hold time over the coming months.

Starbucks Pike Place Roast did not meet my expectations

I recently received a free full-sized sample of Starbucks Pike Place Roast from bzzagent.com. I had heard of the Pikes Place Roast, but had not had the opportunity to try it...Read complete review

I recently received a free full-sized sample of Starbucks Pike Place Roast from bzzagent.com. I had heard of the Pikes Place Roast, but had not had the opportunity to try it previously.

To start, I would describe myself as a casual coffee drinker. I do not drink coffee on a daily basis. My experiences with coffee tend to be a cup or two enjoyed with a friend a few times a week, usually after dinner or while chatting and catching up.

I was excited to try the Pikes Place Roast because it is promoted as a smooth-tasting coffee good for every day use. What I found, however, was that the coffee was not as smooth as I expected, regardless of how little or how much coffee I used when brewing. The roast is one I would drink if it was offered, but would not be likely to purchase. The taste, rather than being smooth, leans toward a burnt flavor that takes away some of the pleasure of relaxing with a cup of coffee.

Since receiving the sample from BzzAgent, I have shared freshly brewed Pikes Place coffee with several friends. The opinions have been mixed, with the hard-core coffee drinkers enjoying Pikes Place Roast more than those who drink coffee on a less frequent, more casual basis.

Although I will not be likely to purchase Pikes Place Roast, I remain a loyal drinker of Starbucks coffee and highly recommend the brand. If the Pikes Place Roast isn't a good fit for you, Starbucks offers a variety of coffees to accommodate any taste.

Pike Place Roast Coffee

from Portsmouth, NH

About Me Health Conscious

Pros

• Smooth Taste

Cons

• Thin Or Watery Mouthfeel/Body

• Single-Cup/Pods

Comments about Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee:

I have enjoyed Pikes Place coffee for over a year now. I recently purchased a new supply of the Keurig pods. The top of the previous pods had Pikes Place Medium Roast on the top. The new pods simply state Pikes Place Roast. I found that the taste was weak and watery. I even checked to make sure I was not drinking decaf. Has the coffee changed? I plan to return what I have left.

Great tasting coffee!

Comments about Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee:

Starbucks Pike Place Roast is one of my favorites from Starbucks. It is a medium roast with a full bodied flavor. I often enjoy the seasonal roasts that Starbucks comes out with, however, the Pike Place roast is always my standby roast. I believe they make their iced coffee with this roast, and it is just as fabulous iced as it is hot!

Super Bitter Coffee

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee:

The flavor of this coffee is way to bitter for me. I would have to add tons of sugar and milk (and calories) just to make it drinkable. I have hated this coffee for years and am ecstatic that they now offer multiple roast options because I wouldn't drink coffee at Starbucks for the longest time.

Butt-hair

Comments about Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee:

Are you people retarded? You wouldn't know Robusto beans from Arabaca. The Indonesian coffee's are superb. The Kona coffee's and Jamacian Blue Mountain are Good, and some estate grown coffee's are okay from South and Central America. But Pike's Place is just like the other reviewer said: Abysmal. It is just awful. The aftertaste is nutty, bitter, non-acidic trash. It has no bite, no jolt, and no decent flavor. I was drinking Starbucks and Seattles Best when NOBODY ELSE went there. I have been all over the world and drank coffee from Ankara to Zaire, and these beans are better left to be sold to McDonalds, or Dunkin' Doughnuts, they have no place in a premium coffee house. Nasty, Nasty, Nasty.

To quote my boyfriend - it's 'abysmal.'"

from Murfreesboro, TN

Comments about Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee:

Seeing these loving ratings almost make me re-think my thoughts...but man, this coffee honestly is one of the most horrendous things I've ever tasted. Maybe that makes me lucky? :) To be fair, I (thankfully) don't remember the taste too well because the first and only time I've had it is when Starbucks (re)introduced it a year or so ago (it's not actually new, FYI) and I was one of the many who got in on getting a cup of it for free.

I consider myself a coffee lover (maybe i shouldn't?)  and I couldn't get past two sips. I tried to have pity on the Pike Place and pawned it off on my boyfriend, anxiously awaiting a different reaction. Well, he spit his sip out in my sink and dubbed it "abysmal."

To be fair, he is not a coffee lover. But in this case I pretty much think that's a moot point. In fact, I even talked to one of my favorite baristas the other day and started off my sentence with "Well, I hate the Pike Place roast..." she responded with a sickened face and nodded in empathy. I don't even know how to describe this stuff. So yes, my Starbucks addiction cannot be stopped (no thanks to my three favorite syrups being discontinued) - if you knew me, you'd trust that! but for whatever reason, their brewed coffee is no good, in my humble opinion. ESPECIALLY this. It tastes bitter and ultra, ultra, ultra burnt.

I'll stick with buying my own and making it at home; Dunkin' Donuts Hazelnut or Seattle's Best (yes, made by Starbucks!) Cinnabon or Henry's Blend  - which does need cream, but I'm a sucker for the cute cat on front. (Side note: too bad Dunkin' Donuts service, far as I know, is ALSO abysmal or their "dunkinbeatstarbucks" ads might actually start to be worth something). But those are all other reviews waiting to happen. Right now, this reviewer needs more Cinnabon coffee. :) So see above if you feel so inclined.

My Favorite Coffee

from Bothell, WA

Comments about Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee:

I am a coffee lover and heavy drinker. I wasn't the Starbuck fan before even though I live very close to Seattle. I have stomach problem. Everytime I drank Starbuck coffee, it caused me either stomachache or headache. Until I tried the 'Pike Place Roast'. It is so smooth. It doesn't have bitter or sour taste at all. I couldn't believe it's from Starbucks. The most important part is, it doesn't upset my stomach. (In fact, I am having it right now).

It tastes good no matter how you brew it. I have expresso and regular coffee makers with Senseo machine at home. And I just love to brew 'Pike Place Roast' with my Senseo. It's a treat for me. It's so delicious!

If I am going to brew coffee to my guests, this coffee beans will be my first choice.

Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee has a Smooth, Welcoming Taste

from Hernando, FL

Pike Place is my favorite

from Murrieta, CA

Comments about Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee:

I was never one that really cared what brand of coffee i was drinking as long as it tasted decent. Boy, has that all changed.

My husband talked me into buying a bag of Starbucks ground coffee for home; it pretty much tasted the same as the others to me. Maybe a little better. Then we bought more and one day he told me Pike Place Roast was his favorite. We found it at the grocery store on sale so I bought one bag of the 6 different roasts they offered at that particular store. That is when I found out there really is a difference in coffee.

By the time we finished all of those bags I had to agree with him; Pike place was my favorite as well. That was when I realized that there truly is a difference in coffees. Not just differences between the brands of coffee, but also within the same brand.

I find Pike Place to have a nice bold, hearty flavor, yet not bitter with an aftertast and it doesn't have that heaviness to it that some do. Try a cup the next time you're at Starbucks; I think you'll agree.

Great Coffee

from Tucson, AZ

Comments about Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee:

Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee is great just when you open the bag!...... But go on make a pot of it and your day gets even better. Its dark and rich tasting. We love to sample the different kinds of Starbucks coffee you can buy at grocery stores, vanilla, caramel, cinnamon, but when you want jut a good strong coffee flavor this one is the best. You can't run out to a Starbucks store every day, for oe its not economical or practicle, but we all have a coffee maker at home! We make this for our every day coffee. (though we go for the flavored ones on the weekend). And if you do happen to run out at home, take the empty bag to your local starbucks location and get a free cup of it!........ and might as well ick up another bag while you are out. I bought my husband a great to-go coffee cup so that he can take his coffee to work with him, and at 4:30 in the morning I know its much easier to get it right at our own kitchen.

Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee is great at home flavor!

from Atlanta, Ga.

Comments about Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee:

I love Starbucks Pike Place Roast Coffee!! It has awesome flavor---not too weak and not too strong..simply smooth tasting.

If you can't make it to the coffee house, just make your kitchen into a coffee house--I love to add my own flavors and really get that coffee house experience at home.

I do find the Starbucks brand to be a but expensive, but with a good sale and a coupon I will splurge for this blend.