1.8
StacksAndStacks.com

StacksAndStacks.com

1.8

Good for household items

With our new house, I was looking for some racks and wall hangars to hang garden tools. I looked on stacksandstacks.com, and I was able to find ones that matched exactly what I was looking for. The experience was great, and I would definitely consider using the site again in the future.

The categories of items are laid out well on the site, so I didn't need to use the search feature to find what I was looking for. The section I clicked on (yard tool storage) listed the items I was looking for without a lot of other items that didn't fit the category and would have wasted my time needing to sort through.

Product Selection
They had the yep of racks that I was looking for, but I was also looking for a small shed. I was disappointed that the "yard tools storage" section did not include items that could actually store the tools, as it only had the racks to put into the storage shed. So I wider selection of different types of products would be helpful.

When it goes right, it's great. When it goes wrong, it's a pain.

***Quick View:*** This website has storage solutions for everybody, everywhere. The prices are generally decent and all is well unless you need to return something. Then it's Russian Roulette whether you will actually get a response from these people or not. ***About Stacks and Stacks*** This website has organizational stuff for everything. Cosmetic cases, jewelry boxes, bins, bathroom organizers, duffle bags, sporting bags - you name it, if something goes into it, this site sells it. The variety is vast and the prices run from good to a bit above average. They also sell home furnishings. Ordering and receiving those orders is usually very painless and, the three times I have ordered from the site, I have received my complete orders quickly and without incident. Some items are eligible for free shipping which saves you cash and some, you must pay shipping for. Shipping is calculated after you choose the item and can be QUITE high! I checked on shipping for a jewelry armoire (admittedly a heavy piece) and it was $29.99 for standard shipping and much more for faster shipping. For that reason, I only shop for the free shipping items or for light things. I hate high shipping costs. The quality of items is fine. The problem comes in when you want to return something. Although returns ARE accepted, they don't seem to answer emails or calls when you want to return an item. I had one item that wasn't what I expected and wanted to return it. I had to contact the site before I returned the item and got a huge run around. I finally got a hold of someone who said I had to return the item at my cost, which I expected. Then they said that, because I got free shipping, they would deduct what shipping would have been from my refund. Then I was told the warehouse where my item came from charged a restocking fee. When I figured it out, I would have received less than half of the cost of my item. I kept it and got an attitude against the site. I probably won't shop there again. Too much hassle. ***My Viewpoint *Stacks and Stacks** has stacks and stacks of good stuff for good to above average prices. There is a ton of variety and their quality is good. If you get free shipping, you can get a great deal. Otherwise, shipping can be really painful and returns are tough to arrange. Be careful if you shop at **Stacks and Stacks** and you'll have a good experience. Otherwise, blah. Hassle***. I give it 3 stars*** and hesitantly recommend the site but with the caveats I outlined above.

Bad experience.

from Florida

Comments about StacksAndStacks.com:

I needed some closet storage solutions and found what I was looking for being sold by Stacks and Stacks (through Amazon) and ordered the units. I was promised that they would be processed and shipped within a few days, and two weeks later when they still hadn't sent a shipping notice and I hadn't received the racks and shelves, I sent the customer service department a email asking what the deal was. It took an additional three days after that initial email to even get a response.

It took them an additional week and a half to straighten it out and for me to get my purchase. The items I purchased, when they finally did arrive were as described so I cant really complain about that. However I was charged twice, which was another hassle I had to deal with, with customer service again.

I will not be shopping with Stacks and Stacks again. Ever. Its not worth the hassle or headache that came with shopping with them.

• Product Selection:

• Customer Service:
  • Shipping and Returns:

Awful Customer Service and Return Policy

Comments about StacksAndStacks.com:

I purchased merchandise online from stacksandstacks. I called them the next morning (less than 24 hours) and canceled my order. They never credited me back the amount because according to them it was my duty to remind them to credit me back the amount. Here it is 5 months later and I am JUST NOW getting my credit back from the company. They are awful at customer service and staying ontop of their paperwork with issueing returns/credits.

Stacks and Stacks = EPIC FAILURE

from Allendale, MI

Comments about StacksAndStacks.com:

I ordered a luggage set through Amazon (sold by Stacks and Stacks) as a Christmas present for my son on 11/28/2011. The delivery estimate was 12/7/2011. On 12/12/2011 after hearing zero information about the shipment of this product, I contacted the seller through the Amazon portal. Several hours later I received a nice email informing me that they were out of stock of my item and were cancelling my order. Now I am left scrambling to try to find a replacement in time for Christmas. I consider this an EPIC FAILURE in both order management and customer communication and relations. I WILL NEVER EVER TRUST THIS SELLER AGAIN AND I RECOMMEND THAT YOU DO NOT EITHER!

Crappy customer service/rip off

from Davenport, IA

Comments about StacksAndStacks.com:

Ordered brown mirrors. Recieved red mirrors. Returned item to their vendor in May. Its September and I havent recieved a refund(partial one because they charge a 25%restocking fee). Stacks and Stacks will not return my call or help me, let alone give me the contact name or number to where the product is from. SHADY! Dont buy from here!

DON'T EVER USE THIS COMPANY-IT IS A HOAX

from New Providence, NJ

Comments about StacksAndStacks.com:

They charged my card for an item, and then 16 days later sent me and e-mail saying my order was cancelled. So far, they have refused to answer any e-mails or calls. Save your money and time and do not ever use them.

dishonest, poor service

from Arcadia, CA

Comments about StacksAndStacks.com:

Order process was ok, the item arrived on time. Once I got my credit card bill, I found that they had charged more for the item than what was on the invoice (I used a web discount code). I called the company and they made me fax them a copy of my credit card bill showing the item I had purchased that was charged incorrectly. They said they would call back to confirm the credit but they didn't. I had to follow up (2 days later) and was told that a credit to the card was issued. I trusted them. When I received my next statement no credit had been given at all.

Received Damaged Floating Corner Shelf

from Irvine, CA

Comments about StacksAndStacks.com:

We bought a floating corner shelf from Stacks and Stacks and it was chipped and dented.  Whoever packed the item covered the chips and dents with the label so that we wouldn't notice it until it was unwrapped.  Reviews on their website are reviewed before being posted and they have a right to remove negative reviews.  That is why most of their products sold have 4 or 5 star ratings.  Don't be fooled!  This is the first and last time we will buy from this company.  Just hope that people will read this review before actually making a purchase with them and not learn the hard way like us.  Would not recommend Stacks and Stacks to anyone.

Bad customer service

from Boston, MA

Comments about StacksAndStacks.com:

I bought an end table and coffee table from Stack and Stacks (via Amazon).  Upon delivery, I realized that the end table was correct, but they sent me a pedestal table instead of a coffee table.  This shouldn't have been a difficult fix, but it has taken weeks and is still not resolved.  Also, the price that was posted on Amazon was incorrect!!!  Now I am paying more than I originally thought.

Wide selection, but caution is called for when ordering

from Aurora, IL

Comments about StacksAndStacks.com:

**Stacks & Stacks** on-line store offers a plethora of items for the home, office, garden and automobile, some of which is drop shipped straight from the manufacture. Categories of products including *appliances, audio/visual equipment, crafts & games, garage items, cleaning/polishing products, home & office furniture, pet supplies, lighting, shelving, and travel accessories. *

I visited the on-line retailer in search of replacement computer cart for my laptop; the wheel had broken off the current unit.  I searched for a couple of day before I finally decided to order a mobile cart similar to the one that had broken.  I found a wide selection of carts from which to choose from varying price-points ranging from $49.99 to $199.00.  Each listing is accompanied full color photos, though the descriptions are limited.

Ordering from **Stacks & Stacks **is easy; they accept all major credit cards, as well as *Bill Me Later, and PayPal*.  And the website will not bill you until the item you ordered ships.  Because the unit I wanted was shipping from the manufacture it took two weeks to show up on my doorstep, but when it did it arrived damaged; only some of the mounting screw holes lined up and one of the support rods was bent so that I had to force the pieces together. It came as no big surprise to me that the cart was made in *China*.

But I soldiered in the hope that I could make the cart work. Once together the cart was not level nor did it function the way I envisioned.  Disappointed I took it apart and went online to **Stacks & Stacks** and started the return process.

Most on-line retailers will pay for the shipping charge when you have to return an item; not **Stacks & Stacks**; you have to pay to ship  the item back to them, plus they will not refund you your original shipping charge which in my case was a hefty $14.99! to wit: "*The customer is responsible for the return shipping fees, and the original shipping fee will be deducted from any credit. Additionally, if your purchase qualified for "Free Shipping" the actual cost of shipping your item will be deducted from your refund. To determine these costs please refer to the Shipping Section of our site."** *

But as it turned out this was not the case.  I was told to put the re-packaged item on my front porch and UPS or FedEx would be by the pick it up in 3-5 business days.  Sounded strange, but I did as I was bade and sure enough a delivery person from UPS showed up three days later to collect the cart.  **Note:** the cart was on my front porch the entire time fully viable to all who might pass by.  In some neighborhoods this might not be advisable!  My refund was process seven days later.

I will probably not order an item from **Stacks & Stacks** again, despite the superior selection, the quality seems to be lacking.  To its credit **Stacks & Stacks **will shoot you an email when your order ships, though don't expect customer service to be too forthcoming with your shipment information before the order ships.

If you order from **Stacks & Stacks **beware of the merchandise, and the return policy.  Perhaps my order was a one-time anomaly, but I tend to doubt it.