Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:

St. Ives Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub Gentle

Pros

Cons

This Is A Gentle Scrub For Sensitive Skin

St. Ives Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub Gentle will gently exfoliate your skin. It removes hidden dead skin from my face. I noticed a difference in my skin texture, after a few days. It toned and firmed my skin, so I looked younger. My skin felt smooth after I used it. It cleaned my face without leaving residue behind. When my skin is oily this stuff reduces the oil in my skin. I think it will work on acne-prone skin. I have combination skin and it works fine. I recommend this product for sensitive skin too. It is very gentle, and non-irritating. The texture is soft compared to other facial scrubs. It feels great when you add water to it. It is easy to dispense the scrub, and apply it. It lathers very well. This stuff will last awhile, because a little bit goes a long way. The scent is delightful, and smells like apricot, hence its name. The container it comes in is bright and colorful. The writing is lovely and easy to read. The price is reasonable for the way it works. You can buy it online for a good price. If you want to tone and exfoliate your skin, you should try this gentle scrub.

St. Ives Sensitive Skin broke my face out

I love the regular St. Ives Apricot facial scrub. When I went to buy it, all they had was the formula for Sensitive Skin. I thought "this is great because I have sensitive skin". Well, I got it home and tried to use it and it has something added to it to moisturize. I didn't like the feel of it. Also, the things that scrub your skin aren't as big or as many so it's much harder to feel like you get the dead skin off. Maybe I'm too aggressive but I prefer the regular formula much better. This one is much less aggressive and didn't make my face feel fresh. Whatever they put in it made my face break out. I never get acne and this is the only change I made so it had to be what caused the breakout. I was so disappointed. As I said though, I love St. Ives regular Apricot scrub so I went to another store and found the one I have been using for years. If they left out whatever they put in this to moisturize it would be okay. It's just not aggressive enough for me (doesn't have enough little gritty things to take the dead skin off for my taste).

Ease of Application
It goes on the same as the regular formula but its harder to get off (to me) - whatever that moisturizing stuff is, seems to stick with you.

A good scrub for sensitive skin.

Comments about St. Ives Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub Gentle:

I am so grateful that St. Ives came out with a version of their wonderful apricot scrub for more sensitive skin types, I think it was a great idea. I am always breaking out in irritated bumps and red patches when using facial scrubs, but always wanting to find something I could use on a daily basis because I find daily exfoliating to be very important in my skin care routine. The first time I purchased this I proceeded with caution and just tested a small area under my chin before going full force on my face. I waited 24 hours and when no allergic reactions occurred, I went ahead and did a full face scrub the following evening. It was nice and liquid-like, not as thick s the original scrub, and I found that way easier to handle and move around my face to really get deep into my pores. It left my complexion much smoother and gave me a radiant glow, but most importantly, no irritation whatsoever.

great face scrub

from Dallas,TX

Comments about St. Ives Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub Gentle:

I have used S.t Ives for many years. I have stuck with it because I feel it is a great scrub. It is very inexpensive and really gets down to the dirt that is left behind. It is so great to exfoliate your skin. It scrubs it, but does not irritate it and is not so harsh like other scrubs I have used in the past. It is easy on sensitive skin and acne prone skin. I have a little bit of both and this does not irritate either if those skin condotions.

If you want to get to dirt that is left behind from your cleanser, then this is a great product. it leaves your skin with a deeply cleansed feeling and with a softness. It helps get rid of those dead skin cells that are left behind.

Ease of Application
It is so simple to use. you just squeeze some onto the palms of your hands and add some water and gently apply to your face using gentle stokes.you do not want to scrub too hard because of the grittiness of the scrub.

I absolutely love the scent. Peach leaves a very soft refreshing smell.

• Ease of Application:

Economical option for a facial scrub

from New Johnsonville, TN

Comments about St. Ives Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub Gentle:

I have used St. Ives off and on since I was a teenager. I can remember buying my first bottle when I was in high school and really feeling mature! In the past twenty years, my skin has obviously changed and St. Ives is still effective. I am still very pleased with this product.

I have sensitive skin, so finding scrubs that work for me can be difficult. I've tried some more expensive products with disappointing results. St. Ives, however, has been consistently effective in cleaning my face without irritating it. I even like the smell, although I usually stay away from anything perfumed. I like that my face feels fresh and smooth after using St. Ives and I like that my make up seems to go on easier after using this for exfoliation.

It's important to note that this is a scrub, so it should be applied much more gently than a facial cleanser. The exfoliants in the scrub are meant to be be gently applied in order to slough off dead skin and leave your face healthy.

Great product!

from Davis, CA

Comments about St. Ives Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub Gentle:

I've always had large pores and sensitive skin. I tend to be acne prone as well. Thus, I need to be especially careful about what products I use on my skin. This became quite a challenge as I got older--I'm nearing 60 now. Since I'm older, I need to pay very special attention to sloughing off old skin. The St. Ives Sensitive Skin products work very well. I especially like the apricot scrub.

This product works very well. I use it about once a week to slough off old skin and clean my pores. It contains only natural ingredients. So, when I'm scrubbing, I'm not worried about plastics or harmful chemicals going down my drain and into our water supply.

It doesn't irritate, but leaves my face clean, fresh and younger looking!

Ease of Application
It's somewhat of a pasty, lumpy cream. I just squeeze a little in my hand and wash my face as if using regular soap. I rub the scrub into my face without water at first though. It seems to work much better that way.

I love the subtle scent of apricot.

• Ease of Application:

Not bad on the wallet but I haven't noticed a difference

Comments about St. Ives Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub Gentle:

I thought that by purchasing this apricot scrub I would notice a difference in the amount of blemishes I have. Even with regular use, this has not been the case. While the scrub doesn't seem to make my skin peel or flake, it doesn't *really* help with the oily-ness either. The scrub makes me feel a little better about the imperfections and bumps I have on the backs of my arms, but it doesn't really remove them - I've used other scrubs with better results. I do enjoy the apricot smell. I do enjoy the miniscule, crushed apricot pit pieces - or at least the thought of them - but if you rub too hard, it can really scratch up your skin and leave red marks. In my opinion, the "sensitive skin" part of the title is a bit of a misnomer as it seems - at least to me - to be a little harsh for truly sensitive skin. The worst part of this product is that no matter how thoroughly you wash, you will still find a pit piece somewhere on you.

Inflamed pimples

from Westchester, IL

Comments about St. Ives Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub Gentle:

I have mixed feelings about St. Ives Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub. I initially tried this scrub on my face to get a smoother apperance as well as to unclog my pores. Sadly this product broke out my sensitive skin and made things worse. It actually inflamed pimples that were going away and made my face look very raw. I stopped using this product on my face and after a couple of days my face calmed down, but it took about 10 days for my complexion to clear back up. During this time I started using the scrub on my legs and arms. My skin looked pretty good after applying this scrub to my body. My skin didn't breakout and I didn't experience any over drying. I did this twice a week and after a month I started to notice old scars started to fade away. I would definitely recommend St. Ives Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub for use on the body, but I don't recommend this scrub for use on sensitive acne prone skin.

Great scrub!

from Phoenix,Az

Comments about St. Ives Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub Gentle:

St. Ives Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub Gentle is really fantastic! It works quite well for any time of skin although it is especially formulated to be gentle for sensitive skin. You can also sue it for normal,dry, or oily skin as well. It does help to gently exfoliate your skin so it helps get rid of the dead skin cells and the new skin will be very soft and smooth. It has a very nice apricot fruity fragrance, so it will be almost like being in a garden with apricot trees. It will make your face look so refreshed and clean.

It is very effective to make your facial skin very smooth and soft and helps exfoliate the dead skin. It will make your face glow and look so fresh.

Ease of Application
It is very easy to use. Just put some on your face and rinse it very well with either warm or cool water.

I love the apricot smell! it has a nice fragrance and it is never too strong. I think it smells like an apricot orchard.

Great for body scrub

Comments about St. Ives Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub Gentle:

St. Ives Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub Gentle is definitely not gentle in my opinion. The Apricot part of this scrub is crushed up Apricot pit and it can definitely SCRUB. I do not use this scrub on my face EVER. It is shocking to me that this is called gentle. After I used this on my face, my non sensitive skin was in massive pain from the over scrub. However, all is not lost with this scrub. It is probably one of the best body scrubs I have ever used. Is is an especially good scrub to get all the dead winter skin off your body before summer.

The St Ives Apricot scrub definitely will exfoliate your face and skin. The apricot is a little bit too harsh for the face. It does work as an amazing body scrub.

Ease of Application
This bottle of scrub is so much easier to use than the previous tub container this was in. It is very easy to use, works best with a loofah of some sort.

I really like the fragrance of this scrub. I do not necessarily think is smells like apricot- but it does smell nice.

• Ease of Application:

St. Ives Apricot Facial Scrub.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about St. Ives Sensitive Skin Apricot Scrub Gentle:

I discovered St. Ives Swiss Formula Apricot Scrub for sensitive skin a number of years ago. I have always had sensitive skin and I have noticed as I have gotten older, my skin requires a more gentle cleansing routine. This facial scrub is creamy but still has just the right amount of small particles to give the skin a gentle exfoliation. I use it once a week and I use it not only on my face, but on my neck, upper chest area, arms and hands. A little bit goes a long way. It leaves my skin with a fresh scrubbed, younger feeling. The scent is light and does not interfere with the rest of my personal care routine. My skin looks brighter after I have used it. It is a great value for the money. Another product where I have found I don't have to pay a lot for something and get way more out of it. It only takes a few minutes to apply and washes off easily in the shower. I like how the cap is wide at the base so the tube stands up allowing all the product to stay toward the opening. There is no oozing from the cap between uses either.

This Is A Gentle Scrub For Sensitive Skin