Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:
Facial Scrubs
St. Ives

• Ease of Application:

Effective scrub with many natural ingredients. Great scent too!

***Quick View:*** This scrub is great for acne prone or oily skinned people. I actually have dry skin but use it when I am working in the incredible heat doing dirty cleaning jobs as I have been for over a month. It's gentle, effective, and leaves my skin glowing.

***My Take on St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Facial Scrub***

This scrub comes in a 4.5 ounce tube with a flip open cap. It is a light green color with small particles to exfoliate. It smells divine. It has a distinct green tea scent but it's subtle and slightly sweet. I love the scent! The scrub is a pasty type which actually looks like a mask. It doesn't foam so cleansing is necessary before using this scrub (or afterwards if you don't have makeup on). It's a unisex scrub that men and women both can use as the scent, while pleasant, is not "feminine" or girly.

The scrubbing particles are not too large or too harsh for my skin even though this is certainly not made for dry or sensitive skin. It's an invigorating scrub that cleans pores deep down and leaves my face feeling super exfoliated and very clean. Of course, because i am not oily skinned, my face a bit tight after I use **St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Facial Scrub** but the feeling goes away in about 30 minutes. I usually use moisturizer a few minutes after using any scrub so I have no issues with the tightness. I also don't feel that this scrub strips my skin of its natural oils at all. My face feels supple and looks glowing.

I have been doing some very sweaty, dirty work in the house and I have feared breakouts. I haven't had a blemish appear so far. I can't attribute that ALL to** St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Facial Scrub** but it does appear to have helped to keep my skin clear and free of deep down oils and dirt.

I don't use this scrub everyday, just a couple of times a week. I will use it once a week as the weather gets cooler and the need for a deep scrub is lessened. I bought another St. Ives scrub which is for aging skin which I will use under normal circumstances.

***My Viewpoint***

If you're blemish prone, have oily skin, or just want a good, inexpensive scrub that gets your face deep down clean, turns over cells, and makes skin glow, give **St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Facial Scrub **a try! It's not expensive and it's not super harsh. It smells great and works well. ***4 stars!***

This product cleans deep down and gets rid of dirt, oils, and dead skin. great for oily skin but any skin type will benefit.

Ease of Application
Just apply a small amount to your damp face and rub lightly in a circular motion. Rinse and see the glow.

Very fresh green tea scent. Really wakes me up and energizes me.

Good product for blemishes.

This product was an okay product. I'm trying to find cleansers or scrubs that will help with small blemishes and little spots but I haven't found the perfect product, Honestly, this is just like any other product that i have tried. It's not bad. It's actually quite good but it doesn't help with blemishes super SUPER SUPER good. but this may just be for me. a lot of people like this product so if you wanna try it out, give it a go or a try. you might like it. again, like i said this may only be a problem for me, but overall, its effectiveness is probably a 7 1/2 out of a 10. and just in general, its overall score would be probably an 8. it works good as a scrub too. it exfoliates the skin and doesn't even leave your skin that dry. just make sure to moisturize after you apply this product. But it leaves my skin feeling soft, and fresh. I don't know if I would repurchase it based on blemish control, but i think its an okay product. also, it doesn't help that well with redness but that might just be a problem for me!

St. Ives Green Tea Scrub is a Promising Product

from Stevens Point, Wisconsin

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
  • Gentle
  • Improves Skin Texture
  • Leaves Clean Feel
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great

Cons

• Dries Out Skin

• Acne-Prone Skin
  • Combination Skin
  • Daily Use
  • Oily Skin

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub:

I started off using the Green Tea scrub once a day, 7 days a week. The only problem I ran into was my face drying out a bit. This was due to its "sand like" nature and can be easily fixed by reducing the use to 4-5 days a week. To make things clear, I really enjoy the light sandy consistency of the product. It helps to remove any oil, black heads, and even helps exfoliate a bit. It left my skin feeling smooth and fresh, while successfully removing/ reducing the amount of black heads. I really enjoy the tantalizing green tea smell it leaves behind. Before switching to the Green Tea scrub, I was using the St. Ives exfoliating apricot face wash, which I found to be way too rough on my delicate skin. This is an ideal product for relatively anyone. The price is truly hard to beat. All in all, it is probably the best bang for your buck! I would highly recommend this product as a thorough black head face wash, even for delicate skin.

great scrub

from new york city

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
  • Gentle
  • Improves Skin Texture
  • Leaves Clean Feel
  • Moisturizing

Cons

• Dries Out Skin
  • Greasy
  • Ineffective

• Acne-Prone Skin
  • All Skin Types
  • Combination Skin
  • Daily Use
  • Dry Skin
  • Oily Skin
  • Sensitive Skin

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub:

i would tel you this scrubs is very great smell.you will enjoy this one i did very much.

smells good, blackheads gone

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub:

Works great for blackheads, dries out face, spreads acne due to its scrub like quality, keeps face smooth but doesn't help with cystic acne or whitehead

Great for blacheads and only that

Ease of Application
Super thick and grimy but effective and staying put

smells fantastic

Very soothing.

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub:

This is one of my top favorite face washes. I originally bought this one about three years ago because it was one of the cheapest priced ones and that was all I could afford. I didn't use it for a few months after buying it because I assumed it was going to make my face itchy, dry, or just plain irritated so I continued to just use a bar of soap that actually did cause all of those things I was afraid of this facial cleanser doing. Eventually I decided that I might as well try it out because I hated my face feeling dirty but I also hated using the bar soap. I tried it at my normal time I wash my face which is right after I get out of the shower and am getting ready for bed. I washed my face with the tiniest bit of it because I really thought it would sting or burn but it didn't. In fact it was incredibly soothing and light feeling on my face and I felt like one of those commercials of girls washing their faces to promote face washes or facial products. I hadn't realized how bad my skin had gotten from using the bar soap, but after just a couple of days, I could see a very dramatic difference. My skin was smooth and soft, it was no longer chapped, it didn't sting when I went out in the cold anymore. It wasn't tight feeling like bar soap made my face feel, and the smell of it made me feel beautiful. It really is a great face wash, you should try it out!

• Ease of Application:

This is the same old scrub that I love plus green tea!

from West Virginia

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub:

I have always been a fan of this scrub because it uses natural exfoliates to bring impurities out of the skin. This particular variety is even better because it has green tea in it. The green tea really seems to even out my skin tone and leave my face feeling more refreshed. I don't think this is just a marketing gimmick. This scrub compared to the original truly does seem to leave me feeling and looking more awake and even toned in my face. I don't think the circles and dark spots on my face are nearly as noticeable and my black heads are less significant after using this scrub. It takes time to work but it's worth a few days wait.

I love this scrub. I do get immediate results with the scrub and I can tell a noticeable difference right after the first use each time. This takes a few days to really wipe out some black heads but it's worth the money. It uses little natural scrubbers to pull out black heads and remove dead skin and I can tell my facial skin is much more glowing after using the green tea variety.

Ease of Application
This is easy to apply but I will caution users to be careful with their finger tips. The exfoliates in this not only exfoliate the facial skin they are applied to, but also the finger tip skin used to apply them. It can cause irritation on finger tips if you use it every day. I usually use a wash cloth or cleansing pad to apply so my finger tips stay protected.

The scent of this has a fruity smell like apricot and it also has an earthy smell from the tea. It's a nice combination that invigorates my facial skin.

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub:

I use a wide range of St. Ives products, so when I discovered their St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub, I had to give it try. The price of this product is within comparable range of their other facial scrubs. The cap is easy to remove and easy to screw back on with one hand. The consistency of the scrub is thick, but not too thick. It spreads easily over the skin. The scrubbing texture of this skin care product is just right. The one drawback I discovered using this facial scrub was the scent. It wasn't bad when it was fresh squeezed out of the tube, but the longer I cleaned my skin, the warmer the scrub became on my skin from the circular motion I was using and the scent starting smelling like a cup of stale tea. It was slightly musty smelling. I found it to be unappealing. The scrub rinsed easily from my skin. After a thorough rinsing, the stale scent disappeared and my skin was left with a smooth, fresh, clean feeling and not dry.

• Ease of Application:

The best face wash I have ever used!!!

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub:

I have tried dozens of face washes. I’ve been through Cetaphil, Clearasil, Olay, Dove, everything! You name it, and I have probably tried it. St. Ives Green Tea Facial Scrub is by far the best face wash I have ever used. I recently switched to this product from using St. Ives Apricot Scrub and I’m never going back! I love the fine almost sand-like crystals. They penetrate so deep into your pores to eliminate blackheads and excess oils. I use the scrub with my facial buffer, and the results have been amazing. I’ve noticed a significant reduction in the amount of oil on my face throughout the day, and it has slowly erased my stubborn blemished. After I wash my face it really feels like I’ve removed so much of the dirt and grime that accumulates on my skin throughout the day. It also smells amazing! My husband loves to smell my face every night after I use it. (Strange, I know, but he absolutely loves it!) Honestly the best face product I’ve encountered. Give it a try!

It's not that great

from Oakwood Vlg., OH

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub:

St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub was not that good at helping my skin control and improve blemishes. I bought 2 tubes of this at once and used both tubes one right after the other, and strictly following the directions on the product. So after the couple of months of my using it, I really had no noticeable improvements to my skin or skin texture what so ever.

The effectiveness isn't overall that great. But i will give St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub credit that it is good for oil control on my skin as I did at least notice that my skin wasn't quite as oily as normal when I used this product.

Ease of Application
The ease of application is great. This product is a little on the thick side with a fair amount of small granules. It lathers a little when I put it in moist hands on my moist face. It also rinses away very easily.

I have to admit I do love the scent of St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub. It is very pleasing and fresh smelling.

• Ease of Application:

Gentle enough for every day use, and very effective

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub:

The Bottom Line: I am a big fan of facial scrubs, and have tried many different brands. St Ives remains one of my favorite brand as far as scrubs go, because they are super effective at removing all dirt, oil, and dead skin from your skin, but also because they smell fantastic and are pleasant to use. This Green tea scrub is another winner, and I recommend it for people who want a gentle facial scrub that will leave their skin soft and smooth, even when you don't have acne problems.

St Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub is an oil-free salicylic acne medication with 100% natural exfoliants, it is Sulfate free, Paraben free, is hypoallergenic and claims to help clear blackheads and calms redness.

The fact that this scrub is geared to people with skin problems and acne did not deter me from wanting to try it because I am already a frequent user of St Ives products. I am quite glad I tried it. The scrub is a pale shade of green, and quite thick, which I prefer. The scrubbing particle are smaller than in the St Ives Peach scrub, but very densely packed, so even though the texture is finer, it does a fantastic job of exfoliating your skin, without feeling like sand paper.

It definitely makes my skin feel softer and smoother, and even though I do not usually have problems with acne, I can definitely see myself using this scrub regularly. When I first bought it, I used it daily for about two weeks, and found the scrub to be gentle enough to use as part as my daily regimen, unlike scrub with bigger scrubbing particles (like the St Ives Peach scrub).

I frequently alternate between different brands of scrubs, but I have to say that St Ives remains high on my list of must-have for skin care regimen.

Ease of Application
The thick texture makes it easy to apply without dropping any, whether you are in the shower or using your bathroom sink. It also rinses off very clean.

This facial scrub smells like a sweet and sugary green tea, and I really like it! It is not too strong or overpowering and makes the use of this scrub even more pleasant. I love St Ives Peach scrub and use it frequently, but I may very well like this scent even better!

• Ease of Application:

Good-sized scrubbers

Comments about St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub:

It's always an issue for me to find a scrub that has the right size scrubbers. Most of the time, I either find scrubs with beads that are too few and too little, or I find scrubs with beads that are way to harsh for my skin.

However, the St. Ives Naturally Clear Green Tea Scrub is literally perfect for my skin. There are tons for beads in the product that are the perfect size to actually get rid of the dead skin of my face. The beads aren't so rough, though, that they scratch at the skin.

Even though it's not recommended, I find that I can use this product every day. It's that gentle.

I love that this product contains green tea, because I find that that ingredient really helps to calm my face down when it's acting up. This scrub takes any redness in my skin down several levels… most of the time it even eliminates the redness and inflammation.

I really do love this scrub. It's my favorite out of all of the St. Ives scrubs.