Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:
Facial Scrubs
St. Ives

St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub

Pros

• Exfoliates (6)
  • Softens skin (5)
  • Smells great (4)
  • Fights breakouts (3)
  • Improves overall texture (3)

• Even out skin tone (3)
  • Moisturizes (3)
  • Treat oily skin (3)
    • Ease of Application:

Forgive me Father for I have sinned, I fell in love with a St.

Well I must say I have fallen in love with, ***ST. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Srub***, it is Invigorating. This is new to me, I have used a mask (some prefer that on me...lol). ***ST. Ives*** really left my face feeling soft, smooth a refreshing feeling. I noticed the difference the first time I used this product.

Having had no experience with a facial scrub, wasn't sure what to expect. Now I know, very smooth, soft skin. I was surprised by the difference I felt the first time. I believe I have found a new item, to put on my list of things to try and help this face.

I've been using*** ST. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub*** about 2-3 days a week, since receiving this sample from the kind folks at Viewpoints. Thank you for sending this "Fantabulous" product! I really do love it. A new addition to my old routine. Times change, and darn if age doesn't change.

**My Viewpoint:** I love the way ***ST. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub,*** makes my skin feel. My face is nice and smooth. Soft, clean, refreshed, almost like it is glowing. I love and will continue using this in my new nightly routine.

There Are Less Irritating Ways to Exfoliate My Skin

Dermatologists and beauty experts agree that skin exfoliation of dead skin cells is an important step to revealing softer, smoother skin.  I tried **St. Ives Apricot Scrub** because I read many positive reviews about it.  While it does have a few good qualities, it's not the product for me. **What I Liked about St. Ives Apricot Scrub:**

- Oil-free formula

- Pleasant fragrance

- Not tested on animals

**What I Didn't Like about St. Ives Apricot Scrub:**

- Apricot exfoliants were abrasive

- It was too easy to scratch my skin during use

- Irritated a couple of blemishes that had been healing

- Drying to the skin

The product claims to be hypo-allergenic and suitable for all skin types, but that certainly wasn't the case with my skin.

If you are a fan of facial scrubs, you will probably like this formula because it does smell good and the particles are coarse enough to do the job.  However, if your skin is easily irritated, you may find that using an AHA product (like [Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle][1] ), or a BHA product (like [Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control][2] ) exfoliates dead skin cells without the irritation of a manual scrub. I've given up facial scrubs altogether, yet I get the same smooth skin with AHA and BHA products. Therefore, I can't recommend **St. Ives Apricot Scrub** unless you know your skin can handle the abrasion.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Alpha-Hydrox-AHA-Souffle-review-bdeb1

[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Neutrogena-Oil-Free-Acne-Stress-Control-3-in-1-Hydtrating-Acne-Treatment-review-23161

Amazing

from Florida

About Me Combination Skin

Pros

• Exfoliates
  • Improves Overall Texture
  • Smells Great
  • Softens Skin

• Treat Acne

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

Honestly its super affordable and for me it worked great . Leaves my face super smooth and feeling clean

Love my St Ives

from Florida

About Me Oily Skin

Pros

• Exfoliates
    • Smells Great

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

Wash my face every day with St Ives Apricot Scrub. Smells great and exfoliates my skin wonderfully!

Face

from Brookwood Alabama

About Me Dry Skin

Pros

• Exfoliates
      • Softens Skin

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

I always use this it's the best I've found so far!

I Keep Coming Back To This Product

from Worcester, Ma.

About Me Dry Skin

Pros

• Exfoliates
        • Fights Breakouts
        • Immediate Results
        • Improves Overall Texture
        • Softens Skin

Cons

• Could smell better

• Energize Skin
        • Exfoliate skin

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

I bought St. Ives Apricot Scrub for the first time years ago. I liked it, but I figured "If this works, the expensive brands must work better." I was wrong. I've tried the Boscia at $25, the Body Shop at $17 and Pro Activ, which came in a kit. I went right back to St. Ives Apricot Scrub. In most of them, the grains were so fine, it didn't accomplish anything. The grains in the St. Ives Apricot Scrub are gentle, yet just course enough that I feel like it's doing it's job. The only downside is that I have to use soap, then the scrub because it doesn't cleanse and the smell, which, although it isn't a bad smell, could be more fragrant. Bottom line: This is one product that has earned a permanant place on my shelf.

Always my favorite

from Atlanta, GA

Pros

• Exfoliates
        • Fights Breakouts
        • Immediate Results
        • Improves Overall Texture
        • Smells Great
        • Softens Skin

• Treat Acne

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

I always rotate through product to maximize effectiveness, but I always come back to this scrub. It is the best product for what it does and it never fails to scrub off dead skin, soften my skin and help to reduce visibility of pores. there are other more expensive scrubs out there that are also effective, but this one will always be my go to for a fresh, simple, cost-effective scrub!

very natural scrub

from new york city

Pros

• Exfoliates
          • Fights Breakouts
          • Smells Great
          • Softens Skin
          • Soothes Irritated Skin

Cons

• Dries Skin Out
          • Hard To Wash Off

• Energize Skin

very cool

Great for deep cleaning

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

I have mostly normal skin but i like to exfoliate here and there. A lot of washes out there have little beads in them that don't do a whole lot. This stuff is super abrasive and it definitely gets the dead skin off. I have a lot of trouble with my calves getting dry and it's really visable. I decided to try this stuff on my legs and it worked wonders! My legs are smooth and shiny after using this and my skin absorbs lotion much better now. It's pretty cheap so it's worth giving a try. The scent is not very good but it's hard to find a cleanser that actually gets the dead skin off.

from Booneville, AR

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

I've been using this for years. I used this as a teenager to help with clarifying my skin to prevent breakouts and it worked like a charm. I very rarely had a breakout. As I've gotten older I have continued using it as it works great as preventive care it help my skin stay smooth and youthful looking. I apply a moisturizer afterwards and it just seems to help the moisturizer blend so much better with my skin. And it has a pleasant smell and the price is actually pretty cheap. I remember when I first started using it and the price as stayed pretty reasonable. It's rare that a good product stays reasonable priced. I am proud to say I'm a long time customer.

This product is very effective. Its good to keep skin young and healthy looking.

Ease of Application
          Very easy to apply and washes off easily.

Scents pretty good its not overpowering which I like

• Ease of Application:

I tried using St. Ives Scrub as a facial cleanser.

from Muskegon, MI

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

I purchased some St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub a couple of times to help improve the texture and eliminate blackheads from my face. The beads in this product feels good and your face feels refreshed after use, but I found that this St. Ives Apricot Scrub was over drying my skin and my face begin to peel from usage. To eliminate the excessive dryness this product was causing I started using it every two or three days until I emptied the container. I think that St. Ives Apricot Scrub has too much Salicytic Acid as an ingredient which didn't agree with my face. To prevent my skin from becoming overly dry and burnt I discontinued use of this product. This product may work for some but it didn't not work for me and my oily skin.

It dried my face to point of peeling and becoming burnt.

Ease of Application
          To apply all you have to do is wet your face and apply a ample amount onto your damp face and massage it in circular motion. Applying is simple.

I liked the Apricot smell.

A little too harsh

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

I have mixed feelings about this product. On one hand, I think it does what it advertises -- which is exfoliates your face. On the other hand, this product is too harsh for facial skin. There are a lot of other products that are good exfoliators that aren't as harsh on your facial skin but still cleans just as well. **BEWARE** using this product on your face can cause micro cuts and wounds.

However, this product is useful for a variety of other things. I actually use it as a foot scrub in the winter to help with dryness and calluses. I actually have another foot scrub that has about the same consistency and texture as this product...made for the foot. Yikes. It's also a pretty good body scrub if you want to exfoliate and work any uneven skin there.

FINAL RECOMMENDATION: I would tentatively recommend this product as an exfoliator, but strongly recommend against using as a face wash.