Other Facial Cleansers & Scrubs:
Facial Scrubs
St. Ives
St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub

St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub

Pros

• Smells great (11)
  • Balances skin (6)
  • Exfoliates (6)
  • Leaves clean feel (6)
  • Improves skin texture (5)

• Acne-prone skin (7)
  • Combination skin (7)
  • Dry skin (5)
  • Oily skin (5)
  • Daily use (3)
    • Ease of Application:
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Budget shopper (7)

Forgive me Father for I have sinned, I fell in love with a St.

Well I must say I have fallen in love with, ***ST. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Srub***, it is Invigorating. This is new to me, I have used a mask (some prefer that on me...lol). ***ST. Ives*** really left my face feeling soft, smooth a refreshing feeling. I noticed the difference the first time I used this product.

Having had no experience with a facial scrub, wasn't sure what to expect. Now I know, very smooth, soft skin. I was surprised by the difference I felt the first time. I believe I have found a new item, to put on my list of things to try and help this face.

I've been using*** ST. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub*** about 2-3 days a week, since receiving this sample from the kind folks at Viewpoints. Thank you for sending this "Fantabulous" product! I really do love it. A new addition to my old routine. Times change, and darn if age doesn't change.

**My Viewpoint:** I love the way ***ST. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub,*** makes my skin feel. My face is nice and smooth. Soft, clean, refreshed, almost like it is glowing. I love and will continue using this in my new nightly routine.

There Are Less Irritating Ways to Exfoliate My Skin

Dermatologists and beauty experts agree that skin exfoliation of dead skin cells is an important step to revealing softer, smoother skin.  I tried **St. Ives Apricot Scrub** because I read many positive reviews about it.  While it does have a few good qualities, it's not the product for me. **What I Liked about St. Ives Apricot Scrub:**

- Oil-free formula

- Pleasant fragrance

- Not tested on animals

**What I Didn't Like about St. Ives Apricot Scrub:**

- Apricot exfoliants were abrasive

- It was too easy to scratch my skin during use

- Irritated a couple of blemishes that had been healing

- Drying to the skin

The product claims to be hypo-allergenic and suitable for all skin types, but that certainly wasn't the case with my skin.

If you are a fan of facial scrubs, you will probably like this formula because it does smell good and the particles are coarse enough to do the job.  However, if your skin is easily irritated, you may find that using an AHA product (like [Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle][1] ), or a BHA product (like [Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control][2] ) exfoliates dead skin cells without the irritation of a manual scrub. I've given up facial scrubs altogether, yet I get the same smooth skin with AHA and BHA products. Therefore, I can't recommend **St. Ives Apricot Scrub** unless you know your skin can handle the abrasion.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Alpha-Hydrox-AHA-Souffle-review-bdeb1

[2]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Neutrogena-Oil-Free-Acne-Stress-Control-3-in-1-Hydtrating-Acne-Treatment-review-23161

Invigorating, yes, but effective?

from Palm desert, ca

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Not Greasy
  • Smells Great

Cons

• Dries Out Skin
  • Ineffective

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

I had given this product a chance on several different occasions throughout its time on the shelves, and I've expected it to be better as the years went by. Instead of finding myself enjoying a product that has won various awards and loved by many people, I found myself buying a product that just didn't seem to do much for my skin. Although the smell was nice and the lather perfected and abundant, the reason for its use is to help and prevent breakouts and for myself I never wanted that being hat the product accomplished.

I Love St. Ives!

from Lansing, MI

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
  • Improves Skin Texture
  • Leaves Clean Feel
  • Not Greasy
  • Smells Great

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

I have bought St. Ives products for many years. This is a good product for a reasonable price. I love the way it smells and I feel like this scrub takes off the bad and leaves me feeling fresh. That's exactly what I expect of a scrub.

GREAT PRODUCT OVERALL

from Fillmore, CA

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
    • Leaves Clean Feel

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

I have been using St. Ives Apricot facial scrub/wash for a few years now & I just love how it cleans & removes the dirt & build up I accumulate when from riding my horse daily. This cleanser has done wonders for my oily skin as well. I would highly recommend this product!

This was just ok for me.

from Mississippi

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
      • Gentle
      • Moisturizing
      • Smells Great

Cons

• Ineffective

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

I gave this only 3 stars because it has large exfoliating granules that don't exfoliate the way I feel a true exfoliating Cleanser should. It is creamy and hydrating, but like I said, the granules are too large and you have to wash gently otherwise you risk causing damage to your face. It smells nice and again, will leave your skin soft, but it's job is to exfoliate and it failed in that department. It's sister product Mandarine & Pink Lemon Face Scrub is stellar!!

A softer face scrub but bad smell...

from Washington

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Gentle
      • Moisturizing
      • Not Greasy

Cons

• Bad Smell
      • Doesn't Remove Makeup
      • Messy

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

I enjoy this product but I wouldn't say I love it. The smell alone makes me not really love it. While it has a good scrub, I just can't get into it based on the smell.

My favorite facial scrub!

from Crown Point IN

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
      • Improves Skin Texture
      • Leaves Clean Feel
      • Smells Great

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

I use daily. It keeps my skin looking beautiful and clear. I love how smooth my skin feels after use.

Perfect scrub to get all the make-up/dirt off

from Franklin Lakes, NJ

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Improves Skin Texture
        • Leaves Clean Feel
        • Not Greasy
        • Smells Great

Cons

• Messy

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

I use this apricot scrub just after washing off my make-up. it makes certain to get all the dirt, oil and make-up out of my pores, all the while keeping my skin invigorated and supple looking. Exfoliating your skin daily keep you looking young and this product does the trick. The key is to apply the scrub and not rub nor scrub in, then rinse off. Only downside is there is a bit of the scrub that always clings to my white sink which I need to wipe up (that is the only reason for four stars instead of five).

I Love This Product

from Mount Sterling, KY

About Me Budget Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
        • Gentle
        • Improves Skin Texture
        • Leaves Clean Feel
        • Not Greasy
        • Smells Great

• All Skin Types
          • Sensitive Skin

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

I have sensitive, dry skin and used this daily and it kept my skin feeling soft and clean. I used this first, then toner and serum and moisturizer and it worked great. Good for daily use.

i love the way this acne scrub feels.

from Erie, Pa

About Me Brand Buyer

Pros

• Balances Skin
          • cleans pores
          • Improves Skin Texture
          • Leaves Clean Feel
          • Smells Great

Cons

• Dries Out Skin
          • gritty
          • Irritates Skin

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

Saint Ives Apricot Scrub is the best acne scrubbing medication i have used and i have used a lot of different medications it cleans out black heads.

Amazing

from Florida

About Me Combination Skin

Pros

• Exfoliates
          • Improves Overall Texture
          • Smells Great
          • Softens Skin

• Moisturize
            • Treat Acne

Comments about St. Ives Fresh Skin Invigorating Apricot Scrub:

Honestly its super affordable and for me it worked great . Leaves my face super smooth and feeling clean