Other Cell Phone Providers:

• Coverage:
    • Plan Options:
    • Features:
    • Customer Service:
    • I received a sample (24), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (5)

I'm not going anywhere

I have been with Sprint for at least 8 years now. I am 50/50 on them, but I'm not going anywhere.
In the beginning and for a long time I never...Read complete review

In the beginning and for a long time I never had any issues or problems with Sprint. And now I still really don't have any serious issues..... But over time their customer service went down hill, way down.
They do, however, still offer the best plans out there, when you compare prices and options with other providers.
I don't mind that you have to do the 2 yr contract, I get it, but it sucks to start a new contract when you get a new phone.
You should be able to avoid the fees to get out if you give a 30 day notice or something.
Also, when I renew and upgrade my phones I shouldn't have to pay an activation fee every time.

Call Quality
Call quality is fine.

Coverage
Coverage is average. I have the airwave now so it's better at home, but still average overall. As big as Sprint is, you would think they would be all over by now and have much better coverage all over.

Plan Options
Plans - I have to say that if you do a comparison of plans with Sprint and AT&T and Verizon, you will find that Sprint has the cheaper plan packages. BUT I have a problem still because I have to pay for a huge package that I don't need because they don't offer a similar plan with lower minutes.
The main thing for me: Offer Everything packages with lower minutes!!

Features
One problem we have is we have two new 4G phones, and we have to pay an extra fee ($10 each phone) for the 4G even though 4G isn't available no where near me and we can't use 4G service.

Customer Service
One big problem is when you need customer service, alot of times you get someone that is foreign, they can hardly understand me and I can not understand them so getting help or answers can be difficult.
I get an English speaking rep once in awhile now. I have found lately that the reps can not help with every problem, apparently there are different dept's of reps for different issues.
That's great to have people specialized in a certain area but getting transferred 5 times really sucks. And each time you have to explain the problem because you don't know they aren't the right person still.

Can you hear me yet? Nope, dropped call.

Can't hear me?    That's because my call just got dropped....again.   We have a limited choice of service in our area so went with Sprint after trying 2 other companies.   At first, it seemed like this was the service we wanted, needed & had.  But, as the year has gone by, our service has gotten worse.   Our calls are dropped, we receive static on the line, at times the phone does not ring with an incoming call til about an hour after the person called, and their service is totally undependable.   We really wanted this to work here at home also in case our landline went out.  But, if we move around while talking, we lose our signal.  We have one spot in the house that if you sit still, don't move your head, you can usually get through a short call but don't push your luck.   Now, on the good side.....our bill for Jan. was $22.16 and Feb. was $1.00.   Don't ask me what the problem is.  I spent over an hour on the phone with a representative one night who said he had never had someone call in to say their bill was to low.   He SAID he got it worked out but we shall see when our March bill arrives.   Basically he said that when they merged with Nextel, our records were lost & we were only being billed for the tax.  If they want to continue with that, it's fine with me.  I've tried to work it out....will be interesting to see what's next with them.

Horrible!

from Denver, Colorado

Comments about Sprint:

My phone number was fraudulently stolen upon the criminal opening an account with Sprint (under my name). I called them to obtain the account number and pin required to get my account and phone number back with T-Mobile. After trying my best to be transferred to a representative in the US and failing, I tried to get the information required. I was told that "per their terms and conditions", they could not give me my own account number (that was fraudulently created in the first place!). I asked to talk to a manager and was given someone in the foreign country time and time again. They claimed they couldn't transfer me to anyone in the US because it was all random and they couldn't do ensure that I spoke with someone in the US. They essentially want me to pay a ransom for my account information and activate the account (mind you the criminal has the phone for this account, not me). Also, they don't have a fraud department or anything of the sort. Outsourcing gone wrong and a pathetic customer service experience! Stay away from this company and its awful service!

Good By To Sprint

from Gaithersburg, MD

Comments about Sprint:

I have been a customer of Sprint for over 20 years via the multiple consolidations of cell phone companies. Once it became Sprint, I have seen my bill continually increase with each new contract and the cost of the phones an service become affordable and poo. In 2015 Sprint had a 4 S4's for $200 a month. This was about $100 less than the plan I had for 3 Galaxy S5s. From day one the problems began. My first bill was over $300, the next was close to $400. I went back to the store to find out what was going on. Found that my salesman placed me in a plan where each phone was put on a separate plan, insurance was placed on the phones without my knowledge, The drama became a monthly visit to get my bill corrected. For over a year I have been fighting with Sprint to provide what I was told and thought sold? Each month I was told it would be fixed. It never got fixed.
I was then told was that I am leasing the phones, $20 a month and at the end of the lease I have to pay $220 per phone if I don't keep the contract in place or roll into another Sprint contract.
Today I was basically told that getting this resolved was not going to happen, that I was leasing the phones at $20 a month for 24 months at the end of the contract I would have to pay the remaining value of the phone off, $220 per phone and if I switched service provider, I would have to pay the remaining value of the phone off and another $200 per phone.
The selling point of getting into this the low cost that was advertised. The reality is I ended up paying almost twice as much for their service, full price for 4 Galaxy S6s and the customer support was rude and arrogant. Yes it was my fault. I believed the salesman and the propaganda, otherwise known as the promotional materiel explaining the program I was signing up for. I was lied to, misled and robbed. I ever a Sprint customer again. Hope this helps others not do as I did.

Be careful with this company!

from Rochester, MI

Comments about Sprint:

I was trying to help out my brother and change his plan to a more reasonable plan. I thought the agent I was talking to was very helpful. To my surprise she did not put us on the plan the we agreed to. Two of the 3 phones we correct. The third phone that is used by a teenager was put on a maintenance plan. I thought it must of been an honest mistake. I called to have it fixed and to my surprise no one was able to help me. I did not ask or was I expecting the plan that she put us on. Basically there is over $600 in overages on my brothers phone bill now. When I changed the plan I asked multiple times about overages. The women assured me that on this plan there will be no overages. I feel horrible for trying to help and extremely upset that I was mislead and or lied to. Everyone seems like they are trying to help but apparently everyone's hands are tied? I would never use this company or recommend them to anyone. It's not about the money it's about the principle! I would of never put a 16 year old on a maintenance plan. At the end of the day it all comes down to customer service and my experience with sprint has been horrible!

VERY MISLEADING TO PUSH YOU INTO A CONTRACT

from TN

Comments about Sprint:

IF YOU HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT SPRINT AND THEIR "CHEAP" UNLIMITED PLAN, FORGET ABOUT IT AND RUN!! IF YOU ARE IN THE 30 DAY GUARANTEE, BE PREPARED TO BE ON THE PHONE WITH THEM OFF AND ON FOR A MONTH TO GET MY REFUND, I HAVE 5 HOURS INVESTED AND STILL NO REFUNDS. AFTER WAITING ON HOLD FOR 20 MINUTES TO JUST GET TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE. THE STORE WAS VERY RUDE, THE SPRINT PHONE SERVICE LOST OUR PHONES AFTER OUR RETURN IN THE STORE, THEN MIRACULOUSLY FOUND THEM AND SAID IT WOULD BE ANOTHER 10 DAYS FOR REFUND! DONT LET THEIR MISLEADING PLANS WITH ALL THE HIDDEN CHARGES FOOL YOU! YOUR MONTHLY WON'T AT ALL MATCH TO WHAT IS TOLD. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!

Can't wait for our contract to end

from Texas

Comments about Sprint:

WORST customer service EVER. It's as if they read off a script and keep calling me ma'am, but don't understand what I am saying. They EXHAUST me. They just repeat until they beat you down. If I ask to speak to an American customer service representative, they leave me on hold just to connect me with someone else overseas who doesn't care if I keep asking for an American based representative. No one EVER helps. I'm a hostage!!!

Terrible customer service

from Oshkosh, WI

Comments about Sprint:

The store I had to use was in Fond du Lac, the store employees were very rude and abrupt. The manager even went as far as lying about what I said on the phone to him. The other manager even hung up on me after I spent three hours on the phone with sprint. Sprint does not give out phones if you need one to be ordered due to issues, they could simply upgrade you but they choose not to and you get stuck without a phone for who knows how long. As a mother this is unexeptable as in case of emergencies I need to be able to contact people or even the police. I was left with not even that ability. This is ridiculous considering the way the world is now and how dangerous it can be. sprint wouldn't even try to work with me they just kept saying we do not do that. I hope nothing happens to me or my children during this time since I am without even the most basic necessities such as calling for police or an ambulance.

Sprint = awful customer service

from San Diego

Comments about Sprint:

Sprint has the worst customer service experience I've ever experienced. I've been on the phone for 45 minutes and they are still trying to determine why the packaged with the phones I ordered were returned to sender and why my online account is blocked. The call ended up lasting over an hour without a complete resolution. Ugh

Good bye Sprint Hello T- Mobile

from Harwich,Ma

Comments about Sprint:

I have been a Sprint customer for over 14 yrs. We had 2 Samsung 5"s Family plan. Phones were paid in full, and contract had run out. We were looking to up grade to new phones. Sprint would not offer anything for our old phones , and Spring wanted to charge us "activation fees". I'm about to bye 2 new Samsung 7's , and sign up for 2 more years and after 14 years as a customer Spring wanted $70.00. to activate the two phones.
I went to T- Mobile and Got $50.00 credit for each phone I turned in and lowered my bill . We now have unlimited data ,text and min. And now we have service at home. The Airave was not working for us.
Greed gets you the big goose egg.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would not reccomend.

from Richmond, Virginia

Comments about Sprint:

I currently have sprint and let me tell you, I would not have gotten a two year plan if sprint was not cheaper than any other service. Sprint is like the saying, you pay for what you get in this lifetime. So if you pay less for sprint service, the service is bad, the phones are bad, and the service is bad. Bottom line, Sprint is terrible but it's cheap.

DO NOT USE SPRINT

from Connecticut

Comments about Sprint:

Sprint is not willing to help me so why would i recommend this horrible company to any one. I recently lost my S7 in a house fire which also almost took my life, don't believe me? look up Guilford house fire connecticut, 9/9/2016. I was interviewed as well on channel 3. I unfortunately i lost all my belongings, with being a new student to college in a week, financing the phone was my only option. I had my s5 for 2 years and still have it, so i figured id be fine without insurance, but nope, it burnt to a crisp. My only options is to pay for my lease in full or file a claim where they may or may not agree? This is outrageous. And your horribly rude customer service reps? I'm reporting you to BBB