2.9

• Coverage:
    • Plan Options:
    • Features:
    • Customer Service:
    • I received a sample (25), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (5)

I'm not going anywhere

I have been with Sprint for at least 8 years now. I am 50/50 on them, but I'm not going anywhere.
In the beginning and for a long time I never...Read complete review

In the beginning and for a long time I never had any issues or problems with Sprint. And now I still really don't have any serious issues..... But over time their customer service went down hill, way down.
They do, however, still offer the best plans out there, when you compare prices and options with other providers.
I don't mind that you have to do the 2 yr contract, I get it, but it sucks to start a new contract when you get a new phone.
You should be able to avoid the fees to get out if you give a 30 day notice or something.
Also, when I renew and upgrade my phones I shouldn't have to pay an activation fee every time.

Call Quality
Call quality is fine.

Coverage
Coverage is average. I have the airwave now so it's better at home, but still average overall. As big as Sprint is, you would think they would be all over by now and have much better coverage all over.

Plan Options
Plans - I have to say that if you do a comparison of plans with Sprint and AT&T and Verizon, you will find that Sprint has the cheaper plan packages. BUT I have a problem still because I have to pay for a huge package that I don't need because they don't offer a similar plan with lower minutes.
The main thing for me: Offer Everything packages with lower minutes!!

Features
One problem we have is we have two new 4G phones, and we have to pay an extra fee ($10 each phone) for the 4G even though 4G isn't available no where near me and we can't use 4G service.

Customer Service
One big problem is when you need customer service, alot of times you get someone that is foreign, they can hardly understand me and I can not understand them so getting help or answers can be difficult.
I get an English speaking rep once in awhile now. I have found lately that the reps can not help with every problem, apparently there are different dept's of reps for different issues.
That's great to have people specialized in a certain area but getting transferred 5 times really sucks. And each time you have to explain the problem because you don't know they aren't the right person still.

Can you hear me yet? Nope, dropped call.

Can't hear me?    That's because my call just got dropped....again.   We have a limited choice of service in our area so went with Sprint after trying 2 other companies.   At first, it seemed like this was the service we wanted, needed & had.  But, as the year has gone by, our service has gotten worse.   Our calls are dropped, we receive static on the line, at times the phone does not ring with an incoming call til about an hour after the person called, and their service is totally undependable.   We really wanted this to work here at home also in case our landline went out.  But, if we move around while talking, we lose our signal.  We have one spot in the house that if you sit still, don't move your head, you can usually get through a short call but don't push your luck.   Now, on the good side.....our bill for Jan. was $22.16 and Feb. was $1.00.   Don't ask me what the problem is.  I spent over an hour on the phone with a representative one night who said he had never had someone call in to say their bill was to low.   He SAID he got it worked out but we shall see when our March bill arrives.   Basically he said that when they merged with Nextel, our records were lost & we were only being billed for the tax.  If they want to continue with that, it's fine with me.  I've tried to work it out....will be interesting to see what's next with them.

Ugh!

from Texline, TX

Comments about Sprint:

I have been a Sprint customer x 7 years. I like the unlimited data and the lease option with upgrades.
Next, this is the WORST company for customer service. Calling the main number is frustrating. It takes 8-13 minutes to speak to a real person. I tried to bypass the prompts, but my account was past due (I am aware of my past due amount and plan to pay it when my lease is up this month)
Finally, there coverage in rural areas is a joke, I work in a rural area where there is NO SPRINT service, only AT&T and Verizon. SPRINT uses their towers until "I have used all roaming time" What?? I have unlimited data. Unfortunately, that does not matter. I am left with NO SERVICE 2 weeks out of the month.
I can not wait to end my service with SPRINT!!!

Terrible

from Detroit, MI

Comments about Sprint:

We have been with Sprint for about 15 years and they are horrible in every way. They treat their old customers very poorly and from what I can tell, hoodwink their new customers into plans and phones that are wayyyyy more than initially discussed. I know first hand that every time you turn around there is a new surcharge of some sort. They refuse to work with certain people and then give others $1,000 limits on their bills. The customer service is atrocious to say the least and good luck ever being able to talk to a supervisor or someone who can actually explain your bill to you. We all want to switch and I'm pretty sure after we pay off the leased phone one of us has, it's off to a better cellphone company.

Ive been two days with sprint as a nightmare Arch Telecom

from Pembroke Pines, FL

Comments about Sprint:

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, NO SENCE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. LYING BY LYING.
STORE IN PEMBROKE PINES. I TRANSFERED TWO LINES FROM ATT TO SPRINT AND THEY WANT TO PUSH ME A EXTRA LINE WITHOUT NEED IT. BECAUSE THE BAD SERVICE, I TRIED TO CANCEL EVERYTHING AND THEY SAID IF I CANCEL I WILL NEVER GET MY PHONE BACK (AND IT WAS THE NEXT DAY AFTER I SIGNED WITH THEM). NO PROFESSIONAL AND NO RESPECT TO CUSTOMER AT ALL. THE "MANAGER" OF THE PEMBROKE LAKE STORE ALWAYS WITH A EXCUSE TO CHAGE MY EQUIPMENT OR CLOSE MY ACCOUNT. FANELL WAS MY SALESMAN AND HE PUSH ME 2 SCREEN PROTECTORS "FOR FEE" AND IT WAS PART OF THE OFFER, AND WHEN I GOT HOME I SAW MY TICKET AND HE CHARGED ME $84.66 AND WHEN I SPOKE TO HIM HE SAID THAT IT WAS A INITIAL FEE, AND FANELL NEVER GAVE ME THE RECEIP OF MY TRADES (iPHONE 6S PLUS 128GB AND iPHONE 6 16GB) AND THE FIRST THING THAT I THOUGHT I, A FRAUD, AND YOU KNOW WHAT THE "MANAGER RESPONSE WAS??? WE DONT HAVE TO GIVE YOU NOTHING ABOUT YOUR TRADE, OHHH SO NO EVIDENCE OF MY TRADE?? TRUST ME, MY WORST EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE DEALING WITH THOSE UNEXPERIENCED PEOPLE. NO CONSIDERATION WITH CUSTOMERS. TODAY ON MY 3RD DAY AND I STILL HAVE THE DEVICE THAT I DONT WANT, AND THERE WAS TWO OTHER CUSTOMER MAKING COMPLAINS FOR THE SAME THING. I CALLED SEVERAL TIMES TO THIS COMPANY TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE AND NEVER ANSWERED. PLEASE, WHO EVER SEE THIS REVIEW, NEVERRR DO BUSINESS WITH ANY THIRD PARTY SPRINT STORE BUT IN SPECIAL THIS ONE ARCH TELECOM INC, BECAUSE IF YO DO SO, AND WHEN YOU CALL OR GO TO A CORPORATE STORE, THEY SAY, THEY CAN NOT HELP YOU BECAUSE YOU DID IT THROUGH A THIRD PARTY RETAILER STORE. IM GOING TO MAKE SURE THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE READ THIS REVIEW ABOUT MY WORST EXPERIENCE THE LAST THREE DAYS WAISTING MY TIME WITHOUT RESOLVING ANYTHING. AND IM GIVING ONLY ONE STAR OF RATING BECAUSE IS NO 0 STAR OPTION !!!!

website hard to use.

from Hollywood, Florida

Comments about Sprint:

The product is good. The problem is they make you buy a new phone and then they made the web site hard to use. The reason that they use is it is better for me. So I'll just never use the web site. The phone number for support is a sales line. You will need to be careful to get the help you want.

Horrible

from tx

Comments about Sprint:

I decided to use Sprint because they had a unlimited plan and good phones. It didn't take long to regret my choice. At first everything was fine besides a huge deposit. I paid out my cell phone, of course I paid almost half of it down. Well I thought that was great that I had the option to pay it out because I had gotten a IPhone 6 Plus (they were the latest phones out at the time). The customer service rep told me after a year of payments mine and7 my husbands phones would be completely paid for (I paid half down on both). So I was okay with everything when I left the store. A year later I was eligible for a new line, and my mom needed a line so I was going to add her to my plan. Well I go to the store and I was going to add a line. That man told me I would have to pay another deposit for another line and pay for the phone so I started to walk out I didn't have a couple of hundred on me at the time. And he told me to wait that he could waive it. So I waited and he told me he couldn't because supposedly I was late on a payment. I paid the bill weeks before it was due. When I called customer service they told me I was late on the 1st payment. Well it also took them a week after it was due to even post my bill online and another week later the paper bill finally came in. Not my fault. So I let it go. I moved out of their service area so my phone was basically useless in my area besides one town, coverage is awful. I called and I asked how much a termination fee would be because the service didn't work where I moved.I rarely had service and my husband was in the town thay got service and half of the time it would take hours before he would get messages. I asked how much the termination fee would be, they told me to just disconnect she didn't care. So I turn off my cell phone service. Not even a minute goes by and they wanted another $350 for my phone. I had already had service for over a year at that point. So I have a phone they won't unlock.

Horrible!

from Denver, Colorado

Comments about Sprint:

My phone number was fraudulently stolen upon the criminal opening an account with Sprint (under my name). I called them to obtain the account number and pin required to get my account and phone number back with T-Mobile. After trying my best to be transferred to a representative in the US and failing, I tried to get the information required. I was told that "per their terms and conditions", they could not give me my own account number (that was fraudulently created in the first place!). I asked to talk to a manager and was given someone in the foreign country time and time again. They claimed they couldn't transfer me to anyone in the US because it was all random and they couldn't do ensure that I spoke with someone in the US. They essentially want me to pay a ransom for my account information and activate the account (mind you the criminal has the phone for this account, not me). Also, they don't have a fraud department or anything of the sort. Outsourcing gone wrong and a pathetic customer service experience! Stay away from this company and its awful service!

Good By To Sprint

from Gaithersburg, MD

Comments about Sprint:

I have been a customer of Sprint for over 20 years via the multiple consolidations of cell phone companies. Once it became Sprint, I have seen my bill continually increase with each new contract and the cost of the phones an service become affordable and poo. In 2015 Sprint had a 4 S4's for $200 a month. This was about $100 less than the plan I had for 3 Galaxy S5s. From day one the problems began. My first bill was over $300, the next was close to $400. I went back to the store to find out what was going on. Found that my salesman placed me in a plan where each phone was put on a separate plan, insurance was placed on the phones without my knowledge, The drama became a monthly visit to get my bill corrected. For over a year I have been fighting with Sprint to provide what I was told and thought sold? Each month I was told it would be fixed. It never got fixed.
I was then told was that I am leasing the phones, $20 a month and at the end of the lease I have to pay $220 per phone if I don't keep the contract in place or roll into another Sprint contract.
Today I was basically told that getting this resolved was not going to happen, that I was leasing the phones at $20 a month for 24 months at the end of the contract I would have to pay the remaining value of the phone off, $220 per phone and if I switched service provider, I would have to pay the remaining value of the phone off and another $200 per phone.
The selling point of getting into this the low cost that was advertised. The reality is I ended up paying almost twice as much for their service, full price for 4 Galaxy S6s and the customer support was rude and arrogant. Yes it was my fault. I believed the salesman and the propaganda, otherwise known as the promotional materiel explaining the program I was signing up for. I was lied to, misled and robbed. I ever a Sprint customer again. Hope this helps others not do as I did.

Be careful with this company!

from Rochester, MI

Comments about Sprint:

I was trying to help out my brother and change his plan to a more reasonable plan. I thought the agent I was talking to was very helpful. To my surprise she did not put us on the plan the we agreed to. Two of the 3 phones we correct. The third phone that is used by a teenager was put on a maintenance plan. I thought it must of been an honest mistake. I called to have it fixed and to my surprise no one was able to help me. I did not ask or was I expecting the plan that she put us on. Basically there is over $600 in overages on my brothers phone bill now. When I changed the plan I asked multiple times about overages. The women assured me that on this plan there will be no overages. I feel horrible for trying to help and extremely upset that I was mislead and or lied to. Everyone seems like they are trying to help but apparently everyone's hands are tied? I would never use this company or recommend them to anyone. It's not about the money it's about the principle! I would of never put a 16 year old on a maintenance plan. At the end of the day it all comes down to customer service and my experience with sprint has been horrible!

VERY MISLEADING TO PUSH YOU INTO A CONTRACT

from TN

Comments about Sprint:

IF YOU HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT SPRINT AND THEIR "CHEAP" UNLIMITED PLAN, FORGET ABOUT IT AND RUN!! IF YOU ARE IN THE 30 DAY GUARANTEE, BE PREPARED TO BE ON THE PHONE WITH THEM OFF AND ON FOR A MONTH TO GET MY REFUND, I HAVE 5 HOURS INVESTED AND STILL NO REFUNDS. AFTER WAITING ON HOLD FOR 20 MINUTES TO JUST GET TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE. THE STORE WAS VERY RUDE, THE SPRINT PHONE SERVICE LOST OUR PHONES AFTER OUR RETURN IN THE STORE, THEN MIRACULOUSLY FOUND THEM AND SAID IT WOULD BE ANOTHER 10 DAYS FOR REFUND! DONT LET THEIR MISLEADING PLANS WITH ALL THE HIDDEN CHARGES FOOL YOU! YOUR MONTHLY WON'T AT ALL MATCH TO WHAT IS TOLD. RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN!!!

Can't wait for our contract to end

from Texas

Comments about Sprint:

WORST customer service EVER. It's as if they read off a script and keep calling me ma'am, but don't understand what I am saying. They EXHAUST me. They just repeat until they beat you down. If I ask to speak to an American customer service representative, they leave me on hold just to connect me with someone else overseas who doesn't care if I keep asking for an American based representative. No one EVER helps. I'm a hostage!!!