2.9

• Coverage:
    • Plan Options:
    • Features:
    • Customer Service:
    • I received a sample (25), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (7)

I'm not going anywhere

I have been with Sprint for at least 8 years now. I am 50/50 on them, but I'm not going anywhere.
In the beginning and for a long time I never...Read complete review

In the beginning and for a long time I never had any issues or problems with Sprint. And now I still really don't have any serious issues..... But over time their customer service went down hill, way down.
They do, however, still offer the best plans out there, when you compare prices and options with other providers.
I don't mind that you have to do the 2 yr contract, I get it, but it sucks to start a new contract when you get a new phone.
You should be able to avoid the fees to get out if you give a 30 day notice or something.
Also, when I renew and upgrade my phones I shouldn't have to pay an activation fee every time.

Call Quality
Call quality is fine.

Coverage
Coverage is average. I have the airwave now so it's better at home, but still average overall. As big as Sprint is, you would think they would be all over by now and have much better coverage all over.

Plan Options
Plans - I have to say that if you do a comparison of plans with Sprint and AT&T and Verizon, you will find that Sprint has the cheaper plan packages. BUT I have a problem still because I have to pay for a huge package that I don't need because they don't offer a similar plan with lower minutes.
The main thing for me: Offer Everything packages with lower minutes!!

Features
One problem we have is we have two new 4G phones, and we have to pay an extra fee ($10 each phone) for the 4G even though 4G isn't available no where near me and we can't use 4G service.

Customer Service
One big problem is when you need customer service, alot of times you get someone that is foreign, they can hardly understand me and I can not understand them so getting help or answers can be difficult.
I get an English speaking rep once in awhile now. I have found lately that the reps can not help with every problem, apparently there are different dept's of reps for different issues.
That's great to have people specialized in a certain area but getting transferred 5 times really sucks. And each time you have to explain the problem because you don't know they aren't the right person still.

Can you hear me yet? Nope, dropped call.

Can't hear me?    That's because my call just got dropped....again.   We have a limited choice of service in our area so went with Sprint after trying 2 other companies.   At first, it seemed like this was the service we wanted, needed & had.  But, as the year has gone by, our service has gotten worse.   Our calls are dropped, we receive static on the line, at times the phone does not ring with an incoming call til about an hour after the person called, and their service is totally undependable.   We really wanted this to work here at home also in case our landline went out.  But, if we move around while talking, we lose our signal.  We have one spot in the house that if you sit still, don't move your head, you can usually get through a short call but don't push your luck.   Now, on the good side.....our bill for Jan. was $22.16 and Feb. was $1.00.   Don't ask me what the problem is.  I spent over an hour on the phone with a representative one night who said he had never had someone call in to say their bill was to low.   He SAID he got it worked out but we shall see when our March bill arrives.   Basically he said that when they merged with Nextel, our records were lost & we were only being billed for the tax.  If they want to continue with that, it's fine with me.  I've tried to work it out....will be interesting to see what's next with them.

Sprint is not worth it!

from Faber, Va

Comments about Sprint:

Customer service is awful! I had a couple bad issues that didn't end right. I was yelled at. Sprint was charge if me for things I had no clue of. Just can't wait till my contact is up!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Terrible for Adults, Great for Kids

from New York City

Comments about Sprint:

I have been with Sprint with 10+ years and their service is horrible. The only reason I stayed with them is because they gave unlimited calls and data. I have 2 daughters an baby and teenager and they used the data for Netflix and there apps. Now They turned my phone off for $5 and refused to just add the $5 dollars to the next bill. I had to speak with the higher boss and ask them was they really willing to lose a loyal customer over $5

Could Be Great But.....

from Ohio

Comments about Sprint:

I actually like Sprints service. I've been a faithful customer for close to eight years now. Internets speeds are great, pl
an prices are doable, however, Sprint doesn't allow you to surf the web while on a call... You'll either have to have a internet already in your home, or you will have to INCONVENIENTLY end your call to surf the web. Because of this my extreme love for Sprint has gone downhill.

dont switch to sprint

from Kennedale tx

Comments about Sprint:

Sprint service is not worth anything at all. I just bought a brand new phone from them for a gift for my little girl as a Christmas gift. The salesman said the 14 day warranty would not start until the device was opened ( this was a lie from the sprint salesman). I bought the phone 2 weeks before Christmas due that we would be out of town to see family. Opened the brand new phone up on Christmas and she used it for one day until the battery died. went to charge the phone and it would not charge. tried different chargers and cords and nothing. called sprint the next day and they said to take it by their repair center to have them look at the phone. I did that as soon as I got back in town. the sprint tech said the phone was defective and it was not the battery. I contacted the sprint store where I bought it and asked what to do, since the 14 days was up from sprint they said they could do nothing to help me with the phone. I even told them what the salesman said about the 14 days starting after she opened the phone and they said that did not matter and they where sorry that the phone did not work but there was nothing they would do about it. I called sprints customer service and have spent days talking to service specialist and service mangers and service support mangers sending emails to their supervisors only to be left with a phone that will not work and little to no help from sprint. With sprint once your out of your 14 day return you completely out of any help from them what so ever. I would gladly recommend to everyone I know don't switch to sprint and if you with sprint leave when you can. Sprint customer support is no help once they have sold you a phone and its past 14 days.

It's Okay

from Cincinnati, Oh

Comments about Sprint:

I have been with the company for over 10 years! It's okay I get service where others don't but don't receive service where others do. I don't get very good service in the city but get okay service in the country... weird. They told me like three years ago they were updating there cell towers so fingers crossed service will be better!

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Sprint Cell Phone Service

from Woodbridge, VA

Comments about Sprint:

I have been a Sprint customer for over 3 years now. I am not under contract any longer and my monthly plan for 6 phones and 1 tablet are super cheap, thus the reason I am still a customer. I cannot get service for this many lines for the price I pay anywhere else. For the most part, my service is good. Some areas, especially mountainous regions, are spotty, but I won't complain. I've never had any issues with customer service, but I pay my bill and don't make many changes to my plan. My devices are all paid for so my bill is low and doesn't fluctuate. My only complaint is that when new devices come out, Sprint only offers the best deals to new customers only, not allowing current customers with upgrade eligibility to reap the same benefits.

Ugh!

from Texline, TX

Comments about Sprint:

I have been a Sprint customer x 7 years. I like the unlimited data and the lease option with upgrades.
Next, this is the WORST company for customer service. Calling the main number is frustrating. It takes 8-13 minutes to speak to a real person. I tried to bypass the prompts, but my account was past due (I am aware of my past due amount and plan to pay it when my lease is up this month)
Finally, there coverage in rural areas is a joke, I work in a rural area where there is NO SPRINT service, only AT&T and Verizon. SPRINT uses their towers until "I have used all roaming time" What?? I have unlimited data. Unfortunately, that does not matter. I am left with NO SERVICE 2 weeks out of the month.
I can not wait to end my service with SPRINT!!!

Terrible

from Detroit, MI

Comments about Sprint:

We have been with Sprint for about 15 years and they are horrible in every way. They treat their old customers very poorly and from what I can tell, hoodwink their new customers into plans and phones that are wayyyyy more than initially discussed. I know first hand that every time you turn around there is a new surcharge of some sort. They refuse to work with certain people and then give others $1,000 limits on their bills. The customer service is atrocious to say the least and good luck ever being able to talk to a supervisor or someone who can actually explain your bill to you. We all want to switch and I'm pretty sure after we pay off the leased phone one of us has, it's off to a better cellphone company.

Ive been two days with sprint as a nightmare Arch Telecom

from Pembroke Pines, FL

Comments about Sprint:

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE, NO SENCE OF CUSTOMER SERVICE. LYING BY LYING.
STORE IN PEMBROKE PINES. I TRANSFERED TWO LINES FROM ATT TO SPRINT AND THEY WANT TO PUSH ME A EXTRA LINE WITHOUT NEED IT. BECAUSE THE BAD SERVICE, I TRIED TO CANCEL EVERYTHING AND THEY SAID IF I CANCEL I WILL NEVER GET MY PHONE BACK (AND IT WAS THE NEXT DAY AFTER I SIGNED WITH THEM). NO PROFESSIONAL AND NO RESPECT TO CUSTOMER AT ALL. THE "MANAGER" OF THE PEMBROKE LAKE STORE ALWAYS WITH A EXCUSE TO CHAGE MY EQUIPMENT OR CLOSE MY ACCOUNT. FANELL WAS MY SALESMAN AND HE PUSH ME 2 SCREEN PROTECTORS "FOR FEE" AND IT WAS PART OF THE OFFER, AND WHEN I GOT HOME I SAW MY TICKET AND HE CHARGED ME $84.66 AND WHEN I SPOKE TO HIM HE SAID THAT IT WAS A INITIAL FEE, AND FANELL NEVER GAVE ME THE RECEIP OF MY TRADES (iPHONE 6S PLUS 128GB AND iPHONE 6 16GB) AND THE FIRST THING THAT I THOUGHT I, A FRAUD, AND YOU KNOW WHAT THE "MANAGER RESPONSE WAS??? WE DONT HAVE TO GIVE YOU NOTHING ABOUT YOUR TRADE, OHHH SO NO EVIDENCE OF MY TRADE?? TRUST ME, MY WORST EXPERIENCE IN MY LIFE DEALING WITH THOSE UNEXPERIENCED PEOPLE. NO CONSIDERATION WITH CUSTOMERS. TODAY ON MY 3RD DAY AND I STILL HAVE THE DEVICE THAT I DONT WANT, AND THERE WAS TWO OTHER CUSTOMER MAKING COMPLAINS FOR THE SAME THING. I CALLED SEVERAL TIMES TO THIS COMPANY TO THE CUSTOMER SERVICE PHONE AND NEVER ANSWERED. PLEASE, WHO EVER SEE THIS REVIEW, NEVERRR DO BUSINESS WITH ANY THIRD PARTY SPRINT STORE BUT IN SPECIAL THIS ONE ARCH TELECOM INC, BECAUSE IF YO DO SO, AND WHEN YOU CALL OR GO TO A CORPORATE STORE, THEY SAY, THEY CAN NOT HELP YOU BECAUSE YOU DID IT THROUGH A THIRD PARTY RETAILER STORE. IM GOING TO MAKE SURE THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE READ THIS REVIEW ABOUT MY WORST EXPERIENCE THE LAST THREE DAYS WAISTING MY TIME WITHOUT RESOLVING ANYTHING. AND IM GIVING ONLY ONE STAR OF RATING BECAUSE IS NO 0 STAR OPTION !!!!

website hard to use.

from Hollywood, Florida

Comments about Sprint:

The product is good. The problem is they make you buy a new phone and then they made the web site hard to use. The reason that they use is it is better for me. So I'll just never use the web site. The phone number for support is a sales line. You will need to be careful to get the help you want.