Other Cell Phone Providers:

• Coverage:
    • Plan Options:
    • Features:
    • Customer Service:
    • I received a sample (22), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (5)

I'm not going anywhere

I have been with Sprint for at least 8 years now. I am 50/50 on them, but I'm not going anywhere.
In the beginning and for a long time I never...Read complete review

In the beginning and for a long time I never had any issues or problems with Sprint. And now I still really don't have any serious issues..... But over time their customer service went down hill, way down.
They do, however, still offer the best plans out there, when you compare prices and options with other providers.
I don't mind that you have to do the 2 yr contract, I get it, but it sucks to start a new contract when you get a new phone.
You should be able to avoid the fees to get out if you give a 30 day notice or something.
Also, when I renew and upgrade my phones I shouldn't have to pay an activation fee every time.

Call Quality
Call quality is fine.

Coverage
Coverage is average. I have the airwave now so it's better at home, but still average overall. As big as Sprint is, you would think they would be all over by now and have much better coverage all over.

Plan Options
Plans - I have to say that if you do a comparison of plans with Sprint and AT&T and Verizon, you will find that Sprint has the cheaper plan packages. BUT I have a problem still because I have to pay for a huge package that I don't need because they don't offer a similar plan with lower minutes.
The main thing for me: Offer Everything packages with lower minutes!!

Features
One problem we have is we have two new 4G phones, and we have to pay an extra fee ($10 each phone) for the 4G even though 4G isn't available no where near me and we can't use 4G service.

Customer Service
One big problem is when you need customer service, alot of times you get someone that is foreign, they can hardly understand me and I can not understand them so getting help or answers can be difficult.
I get an English speaking rep once in awhile now. I have found lately that the reps can not help with every problem, apparently there are different dept's of reps for different issues.
That's great to have people specialized in a certain area but getting transferred 5 times really sucks. And each time you have to explain the problem because you don't know they aren't the right person still.

Can you hear me yet? Nope, dropped call.

Can't hear me?    That's because my call just got dropped....again.   We have a limited choice of service in our area so went with Sprint after trying 2 other companies.   At first, it seemed like this was the service we wanted, needed & had.  But, as the year has gone by, our service has gotten worse.   Our calls are dropped, we receive static on the line, at times the phone does not ring with an incoming call til about an hour after the person called, and their service is totally undependable.   We really wanted this to work here at home also in case our landline went out.  But, if we move around while talking, we lose our signal.  We have one spot in the house that if you sit still, don't move your head, you can usually get through a short call but don't push your luck.   Now, on the good side.....our bill for Jan. was $22.16 and Feb. was $1.00.   Don't ask me what the problem is.  I spent over an hour on the phone with a representative one night who said he had never had someone call in to say their bill was to low.   He SAID he got it worked out but we shall see when our March bill arrives.   Basically he said that when they merged with Nextel, our records were lost & we were only being billed for the tax.  If they want to continue with that, it's fine with me.  I've tried to work it out....will be interesting to see what's next with them.

Can't wait for our contract to end

from Texas

Comments about Sprint:

WORST customer service EVER. It's as if they read off a script and keep calling me ma'am, but don't understand what I am saying. They EXHAUST me. They just repeat until they beat you down. If I ask to speak to an American customer service representative, they leave me on hold just to connect me with someone else overseas who doesn't care if I keep asking for an American based representative. No one EVER helps. I'm a hostage!!!

Terrible customer service

from Oshkosh, WI

Comments about Sprint:

The store I had to use was in Fond du Lac, the store employees were very rude and abrupt. The manager even went as far as lying about what I said on the phone to him. The other manager even hung up on me after I spent three hours on the phone with sprint. Sprint does not give out phones if you need one to be ordered due to issues, they could simply upgrade you but they choose not to and you get stuck without a phone for who knows how long. As a mother this is unexeptable as in case of emergencies I need to be able to contact people or even the police. I was left with not even that ability. This is ridiculous considering the way the world is now and how dangerous it can be. sprint wouldn't even try to work with me they just kept saying we do not do that. I hope nothing happens to me or my children during this time since I am without even the most basic necessities such as calling for police or an ambulance.

Sprint = awful customer service

from San Diego

Comments about Sprint:

Sprint has the worst customer service experience I've ever experienced. I've been on the phone for 45 minutes and they are still trying to determine why the packaged with the phones I ordered were returned to sender and why my online account is blocked. The call ended up lasting over an hour without a complete resolution. Ugh

Good bye Sprint Hello T- Mobile

from Harwich,Ma

Comments about Sprint:

I have been a Sprint customer for over 14 yrs. We had 2 Samsung 5"s Family plan. Phones were paid in full, and contract had run out. We were looking to up grade to new phones. Sprint would not offer anything for our old phones , and Spring wanted to charge us "activation fees". I'm about to bye 2 new Samsung 7's , and sign up for 2 more years and after 14 years as a customer Spring wanted $70.00. to activate the two phones.
I went to T- Mobile and Got $50.00 credit for each phone I turned in and lowered my bill . We now have unlimited data ,text and min. And now we have service at home. The Airave was not working for us.
Greed gets you the big goose egg.

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I would not reccomend.

from Richmond, Virginia

Comments about Sprint:

I currently have sprint and let me tell you, I would not have gotten a two year plan if sprint was not cheaper than any other service. Sprint is like the saying, you pay for what you get in this lifetime. So if you pay less for sprint service, the service is bad, the phones are bad, and the service is bad. Bottom line, Sprint is terrible but it's cheap.

DO NOT USE SPRINT

from Connecticut

Comments about Sprint:

Sprint is not willing to help me so why would i recommend this horrible company to any one. I recently lost my S7 in a house fire which also almost took my life, don't believe me? look up Guilford house fire connecticut, 9/9/2016. I was interviewed as well on channel 3. I unfortunately i lost all my belongings, with being a new student to college in a week, financing the phone was my only option. I had my s5 for 2 years and still have it, so i figured id be fine without insurance, but nope, it burnt to a crisp. My only options is to pay for my lease in full or file a claim where they may or may not agree? This is outrageous. And your horribly rude customer service reps? I'm reporting you to BBB

Great service

from Bear, De

Comments about Sprint:

My husband and I have had Sprint for over 5 years. I have never lost service with my phone, or had a problem with customer service at any time.

I would like to stay with sprint

from Seguin, Tx

Best service yet.

Too expensive

from Jacksonville NC

Comments about Sprint:

Their monthly costs are too expensive.

There is no end to the disappointment with Sprint

from Massachusetts and Maine

Comments about Sprint:

I have been with Sprint for going on 18 months and within that period I may have been happy for a few weeks. It's very unfortunate because I was initially very excited about the switch but quickly learned that Sprint does not produce the services that they continually boast about. The coverage is horrible and continues to be that way. In Maine the coverage is so horrible that just 4oo meters away form the Sprint store begins the dead zone or roaming zone. If they are going to continue boasting perhaps they need to rethink whether they are truly being truthful or simply luring people in with a false promise of great service. They will never be the cell phone company they want to be using these deceitful tactics. My son goes to school in Maine and lives in an area that is considered roaming so that every week (within a few days) his data is turned off for roaming since he goes over the small roaming amount they offer. When we visit it takes on average one weekend before we are over as well. Poor way to be able to communicate. There are times that the messages do not go through until either the next day or some time several days. I am counting the days until I can leave Sprint. I can't tell you how many people I work with ask about the Sprint service and I definitely don't hold back on my displeasure of the company. I do encourage them to go to any other company but Sprint. If it was possible ot give no stars I would but one is the least I can offer.