Other Cell Phone Providers:

• Coverage:
    • Plan Options:
    • Features:
    • Customer Service:
    • I received a sample (20), I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand (4)

I'm not going anywhere

I have been with Sprint for at least 8 years now. I am 50/50 on them, but I'm not going anywhere.
In the beginning and for a long time I never...Read complete review

In the beginning and for a long time I never had any issues or problems with Sprint. And now I still really don't have any serious issues..... But over time their customer service went down hill, way down.
They do, however, still offer the best plans out there, when you compare prices and options with other providers.
I don't mind that you have to do the 2 yr contract, I get it, but it sucks to start a new contract when you get a new phone.
You should be able to avoid the fees to get out if you give a 30 day notice or something.
Also, when I renew and upgrade my phones I shouldn't have to pay an activation fee every time.

Call Quality
Call quality is fine.

Coverage
Coverage is average. I have the airwave now so it's better at home, but still average overall. As big as Sprint is, you would think they would be all over by now and have much better coverage all over.

Plan Options
Plans - I have to say that if you do a comparison of plans with Sprint and AT&T and Verizon, you will find that Sprint has the cheaper plan packages. BUT I have a problem still because I have to pay for a huge package that I don't need because they don't offer a similar plan with lower minutes.
The main thing for me: Offer Everything packages with lower minutes!!

Features
One problem we have is we have two new 4G phones, and we have to pay an extra fee ($10 each phone) for the 4G even though 4G isn't available no where near me and we can't use 4G service.

Customer Service
One big problem is when you need customer service, alot of times you get someone that is foreign, they can hardly understand me and I can not understand them so getting help or answers can be difficult.
I get an English speaking rep once in awhile now. I have found lately that the reps can not help with every problem, apparently there are different dept's of reps for different issues.
That's great to have people specialized in a certain area but getting transferred 5 times really sucks. And each time you have to explain the problem because you don't know they aren't the right person still.

Can you hear me yet? Nope, dropped call.

Can't hear me?    That's because my call just got dropped....again.   We have a limited choice of service in our area so went with Sprint after trying 2 other companies.   At first, it seemed like this was the service we wanted, needed & had.  But, as the year has gone by, our service has gotten worse.   Our calls are dropped, we receive static on the line, at times the phone does not ring with an incoming call til about an hour after the person called, and their service is totally undependable.   We really wanted this to work here at home also in case our landline went out.  But, if we move around while talking, we lose our signal.  We have one spot in the house that if you sit still, don't move your head, you can usually get through a short call but don't push your luck.   Now, on the good side.....our bill for Jan. was $22.16 and Feb. was $1.00.   Don't ask me what the problem is.  I spent over an hour on the phone with a representative one night who said he had never had someone call in to say their bill was to low.   He SAID he got it worked out but we shall see when our March bill arrives.   Basically he said that when they merged with Nextel, our records were lost & we were only being billed for the tax.  If they want to continue with that, it's fine with me.  I've tried to work it out....will be interesting to see what's next with them.

DO NOT USE SPRINT

from Connecticut

Comments about Sprint:

Sprint is not willing to help me so why would i recommend this horrible company to any one. I recently lost my S7 in a house fire which also almost took my life, don't believe me? look up Guilford house fire connecticut, 9/9/2016. I was interviewed as well on channel 3. I unfortunately i lost all my belongings, with being a new student to college in a week, financing the phone was my only option. I had my s5 for 2 years and still have it, so i figured id be fine without insurance, but nope, it burnt to a crisp. My only options is to pay for my lease in full or file a claim where they may or may not agree? This is outrageous. And your horribly rude customer service reps? I'm reporting you to BBB

Great service

from Bear, De

Comments about Sprint:

My husband and I have had Sprint for over 5 years. I have never lost service with my phone, or had a problem with customer service at any time.

I would like to stay with sprint

from Seguin, Tx

Best service yet.

Too expensive

from Jacksonville NC

Comments about Sprint:

Their monthly costs are too expensive.

There is no end to the disappointment with Sprint

from Massachusetts and Maine

Comments about Sprint:

I have been with Sprint for going on 18 months and within that period I may have been happy for a few weeks. It's very unfortunate because I was initially very excited about the switch but quickly learned that Sprint does not produce the services that they continually boast about. The coverage is horrible and continues to be that way. In Maine the coverage is so horrible that just 4oo meters away form the Sprint store begins the dead zone or roaming zone. If they are going to continue boasting perhaps they need to rethink whether they are truly being truthful or simply luring people in with a false promise of great service. They will never be the cell phone company they want to be using these deceitful tactics. My son goes to school in Maine and lives in an area that is considered roaming so that every week (within a few days) his data is turned off for roaming since he goes over the small roaming amount they offer. When we visit it takes on average one weekend before we are over as well. Poor way to be able to communicate. There are times that the messages do not go through until either the next day or some time several days. I am counting the days until I can leave Sprint. I can't tell you how many people I work with ask about the Sprint service and I definitely don't hold back on my displeasure of the company. I do encourage them to go to any other company but Sprint. If it was possible ot give no stars I would but one is the least I can offer.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY (SPRINT)

from Oak Ridge / Knoxville

Comments about Sprint:

DO NOT USE SPRINT... customer 4 days and already hung-up on and lied to. They tell you one thing and it totally different. DONOT do the buy-back program it is a scam. Bottom line KISS your provider because you thought you had issues before get mixed up with sprint

• I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Worst customer service

from Goshen, IN

Comments about Sprint:

We bought our phones. For the last week we have been attempting to have them unlock our phones. We are now told it will be another two weeks before that can happen. Each time we have talked to a staff person we get a different reason for not unlocking your phone sooner. I would not recommend Sprint to anybody!

If you are thinking of signing up with Sprint, DON'T!

from Fredericksburg,VA

Comments about Sprint:

They will offer you offers and not uphold them. There is no consistancy with the bill. It could change at anytime. The devices you receive don't half work majority of the time.
I have been a VIP customer for 6 or 7 years now and truthfully it doesn't mean a thing. Save yourself the grief of being apart of one of the worst phone companies around. Go get someone you can really depend on.

Horrible Horrible Service

from Los Angeles

Buyers Beware!!!! Service Sucks Internet Sucks
Customer Service sucks even more They have 14 Day customer satisfaction guarantee what a joke

Slowest network out there!!!

from Palatine, IL

Comments about Sprint:

Made a HUGE mistake switching from Varizon. Slow, unreliable, no coverage in major areas, no customer service. And IT IS NOT CHEAP! Save yourself some nerves, get over the "unlimited" lies and choose a reliable carrier.