3.5
Spring Valley
Spring Valley Valerian Root Extract

Spring Valley Valerian Root Extract

3.5

No results for me at all

from Fairfield, VA

Comments about Spring Valley Valerian Root Extract:

Perhaps I need to switch brands, find a more potent form, or do more research, but I am one of those folks out there for whom Valerian Root is useless. I didn't even feel like I took anything-there was no side effects either. I tend to be an insomniac and many prescription sleep aids don't even help me, so for folks in my category where challenging sleep problems exist, Valerian Root, or particularly this Spring Valley form, may be the last thing you want to count on. Even when I simply want to relax, and not even sleep, it is useless. I wouldn't tell anyone not to try it, but I would advise that your expectations should be low. I have had many successes with the quality and effects of other Spring Valley products, so I have nothing negative to say about the brand. I would be interested in the reviews of Valerian Root by other brands of different potencies. I don't doubt the integrity of Spring Valley, just the effectiveness of this root!

Valerian Root Supplements don't work as well as advertised.

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Spring Valley Valerian Root Extract:

Spring Valley Valerian Root Supplements works well sometimes and they don't work so well other times.  They are suppose to help you fall off to sleep quickly but they don't do that all the time.  They seem to work better if you use them with other supplements such as melatonin or if you take Vitamin B-6 or if you take them with calcium supplements.  I also think Valerian root smells funny.  I haven't found any Valerian root supplements that smell good.  I have no idea why they smell so strong and are not pleasing to the senses.  I think the price of Valerian Root is a bit pricy too.  It's best if you can buy one and get one free.  I do find that if you get capsules of Valerian Root and you open up the capsules and put them in tea at night, such as Camomile tea or peppermint tea it can help you fall asleep.  There are different types of Valerian Root but they all seem to work the same.  I do think that Valerian Root works quite well when it is mixed with Melatonin.  I also believe Valerian Root is better at helping someone relax than helping someone fall asleep.

Great product of you understand the uses

from Willington, CT

Comments about Spring Valley Valerian Root Extract:

Spring Valley Valerian Root can be used as a calming herb for individuals who have difficulty sleeping.  It can also be used as a calming aid for children with ADD and ADHD.  The dosage amount varies depending on the severity of a child's ADD/ADHD.  Valerian Root helps control the temper tantrums and behavioral outbursts that can occur in children with ADHD.  It can also assist children in falling asleep although depending on the severity of the ADD/ADHD it may need to be used in conjunction with other herbs to help your child fall asleep.   Valerian Root is an extremely useful herb that can eliminate the need to use harmful prescription drugs such as Ridalin.  For controlling ADD/ADHD symptoms it typically needs to be used in conjunction with other herbs.  Spring Valley Valerian Root does not contain harmful fillers.  It does smell bad (as does all Valerian Root) but if you can get past the smell this is a super product.

Valerian root supplement calming, but need more to promote sleep

from New York, NY

Comments about Spring Valley Valerian Root Extract:

I have tried various herbal supplementals for calming nerves and promoting sleep, and I found that this valerian-only product did not work as well for me as other valerian-based products that contained passion flower and perhaps also skullcap.  I don't mind the smell so much, if the product works well.  In my case, I prefer products that contain more passion flower and/or lemon balm...both of which work far better than valerian for me.

excellent product

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Spring Valley Valerian Root Extract:

Excellent product. Working night shift I often found it difficult to sleep during the day. I would take the Valerian Root because it would help me sleep without being overly sedated. The only drawback to this product is it has a somewhat offensive smell.

It helps!

from Panama City, FL

Comments about Spring Valley Valerian Root Extract:

Valerian works for me to calm my nerves and help me sleep.  I can't take it during the day too much because it will make me too relaxed and sleepy.  You should know that it stinks bad BUT just hurry and drop it in your mouth and swallow.  It does NOT cause you to stink like garlic does.  It will make your hands stink and perhaps your breath right after so wash your hands and brush your teeth!  Listen, if it works and it does, it worth it!!  I take it as needed and only one pill not three like is suggested on the label but you may need more.  Bottom line is that it works better than other things I have tried and like many of you I have spent hundreds if not more in vitamin and herbal supplements to combat stress, anxiety, melancholy and joint/muscle pain.  I am still looking for the best thing for joint/muscle pain.  My shoulder burns HOT after just wiping down the counters - ANY IDEAS ANYONE!?!?!

Fabulous non habit forming muscle relaxer!

from Houston, TX

Comments about Spring Valley Valerian Root Extract:

This is a wonderful product.  If you ever pull a muscle, try valerian suppliments.  It will help you so much, and the nice thing about it is that it's safe, natural and non habit forming.  Valerian has several indications... we have used it for aches, stress, anxiety, and also in rescue dogs that we receive that are beyond frazzeled from their situation.  It can help you sleep, however, the extent of the assistance also depends on the user.  Try this the next time that you need a little bit of a relaxer, and I guarantee that you won't be disappointed!

Offensive odor not worth benefits

from Proctorville, OH

Comments about Spring Valley Valerian Root Extract:

This herbal supplement is often used for relaxation and sleep. The effectiveness is questionable but the main problem is an offensive odor which was so strong  the entire cabinette where the closed bottle was stored  wreaked  of the  product. Once the herb was swallowed there was no adverse odor or taste but it was difficult to get down due to the foul smell.I have not tried any other brand of Valerian root but would be leary of this potential problem.